- Offers information on flight sim software and computer books. — “Abacus Computer Books & Software”,
- We can help high net worth individuals protect and preserve their wealth through tailored advice and a wide range of tax-efficient financial solutions. — “Abacus Concepts, Inc”,
- Eventually people developed the abacus. There are different types of abacus, so we will start with the simplest. Every bar has nine beads, and zero is when all the beads are at the top. The abacus has to be flat on a table, or all the beads would slid to the bottom, of course. — “Abacus”,
- Tutorial about What is an abacus: picture of abacus, origins and history of the abacus, the salamis table, counting boards, the chinese abacus, where to buy an abacus, and links about the abacus, arithmetic, and math resources. The abacus was. — “ - What is an Abacus”,
- The online leader in specialty insurance programs. is the technology division of Abacus Insurance Brokers, Inc. California License 0743288. Copyright. — “”,
- Abacus Systems provide Computers, Networks and Communications. Here at Abacus Systems we are all about service. We pride ourselves on delivering quality service backed by. — “Welcome to Abacus”, abacus.ie
- Definition of abacus in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of abacus. Pronunciation of abacus. Translations of abacus. abacus synonyms, abacus antonyms. Information about abacus in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. the abacus,. — “abacus - definition of abacus by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- The abacus is a simple, inexpensive, yet powerful tool for calculation. Although electronic calculators are replacing it for practical reasons, the use of the abacus continues to be taught in technologically advanced countries such as Japan. — “Abacus - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Fascinating facts about the invention of the Abacus by the Chinese in 3000 BC. — “Abacus History - Invention of the Abacus”,
- Abacus Systems Ltd, Suppliers of Computer Hardware, Technical services, Software, Consultacy, Internet services, Web Design. Established June 1988. — “Abacus Systems Ltd”,
- Abacus International, Asia's leading provider of travel solutions and services, has launched its new Abacus PowerSuite, Asia's first choice front-to-back financial solution for the travel industry, introducing a Business Dashboard with on-demand reporting. >more. — “Abacus Distribution Systems”, .sg
- Abacus definition, a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved. See more. — “Abacus | Define Abacus at ”,
- Abacus Summer Blast Makes the Pakistan Heat Seem Cool! Abacus Launches Travel Secure in Pakistan With AIG International News and Events. LARGEST INDIA TRAVEL AGENT AKBAR TRAVELS WINS PRESTIGIOUS ABACUS PRESIDENT'S AWARD AT AIC 2010. — “Welcome to Abacus Pakistan”, .pk
- Abacus - from WN Network. WorldNews delivers latest Breaking news including World News, U.S., politics, business, entertainment, science, weather and sports news. Search News and archives in 44 languages. — “Abacus”,
- A Chinese abacus. Calculating-Table by Gregor Reisch: Margarita Philosophica, 1508. The woodcut shows Arithmetica instructing an algorist and an abacist (inaccurately represented as Boethius and Pythagoras) The abacus, also called a counting frame, is a calculating tool used primarily in parts. — “Abacus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Sometimes blind people will use an abacus, because they can feel the numbers easily. The most common abacuses work by moving beads on rods. Abacuses can do addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and people can use them to find the square root of whole numbers. — “Abacus - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Introduces the abacus, relates its history, and shows how to perform basic mathematical operations on it. Also answers questions about the ancient tool and shows how to build one with Legos. — “The Abacus: Index”, ee.ryerson.ca
- abacus law legal software is law office software providing case management, legal calendaring, accounting, and legal time billing for lawyers and law office staff. — “Abacus Law+”,
- Fine American crafts since 1971. With locations throughout Maine. © 2010 abacus gallery. all rights reserved phone: 1.800.206.2166 | fax: 1.207.865.4662 | outside the us: 001.207.633.7583. — “Abacus Gallery”,
- Get information, facts, and pictures about abacus at . Make research projects and school reports about abacus easy with credible articles from our FREE, online encyclopedia and dictionary. — “abacus Facts, information, pictures | ”,
- The abacus was in use centuries before the adoption of the written modern numeral system and is still widely used by merchants and clerks in China, Japan, Africa, India and elsewhere. The user of an abacus is called an abacist; he or she slides the beads of the abacus by hand. — “Abacus”, schools-
- abacus The uppermost member of the capital of a column; often a plain square slab, but sometimes molded or otherwise enriched. — “Abacus: Definition from ”,
related videos for abacus
- The Abacus - How to Use This Ancient Wonder Ever wonder about the abacus? This venerable classic is surprisingly easy to use. Check out this brief demo!
- Counting Board Abacus: 01 Basics Counting Board Abacus: 01 Basics - Entire set at bit.ly [Old Count = 88]
- Japanese Abacus Math School, Beaverton OR. Miwako Sakabayashi has been a devoted student of abacus since she was a child. In the Japanese way, a youthful Ms. Sakabayashi attended abacus lessons five nights a week, all year around, for five years. At age 12 she took third place in Japan's National Abacus Competition. As an adult, her accomplishments in math garnered her a prestigious position in Japan's banking industry. She launched JAMS five years ago in her home. Because of its rapid growth and success, she has had to move the business to its own location in Beaverton.
- Antique Japan Abacus - Soroban Wooden Calculating Tool Description Small-size, old wooden Japanese abacus or soroban. This abacus was designed especially for merchants as nearly every row of beads is identified with digit markers, while normal Japanese abacus have digit markers only every 3 or 4 rows. This particular soroban was probably manufactured between 1850 and 1930. This date range can be inferred due to the number of beads it contains. Soroban manufactured in Japan before 1850 included a 2/5 bead combination (2 beads on the upper deck and 5 beads on the lower deck). The Japanese formally changed to a 1/5 style in 1850 and then finally a 1/4 style in 1930 when all of the Japanese school text books were revised. This soroban has the 1/5 bead style. Due to it's apparent age, this soroban was likely made exclusively with traditional Japanese hand tools instead of modern power tools. The soroban body and beads are made of Oak and Boxwood while the bead shafts are made of carefully shaved bamboo tines. Tools such as the nokogiri (Japanese pull saw) and kana (block plane) may have been used to carefully cut and shape each wooden part and to create the delicate and expert joinery which have held the abacus together all these years. The abacus is in poor condition with marks and scratches and is worn from past use and has some dust accumulated on the bottom beneath the beads. The bottom of the abacus is loose with a broken bamboo pin. The soroban should be handled with care to avoid further damage and for this reason we ...
- abacus video abacus fast calculation brain exercise memory concentration intelligence education learning skill accuracy judgement visualization reasoning smart sharp creative new delhi o-1 west patel nagar video
- Stop Motion Abacus Stop Motion Abacus Directed by JP Sheehan Music by the Chemical Brothers
- Aman Abacus Champ.wmv abacus fast calculation brain exercise memory concentration intelligence education learning skill accuracy judgement visualization reasoning smart sharp creative new delhi o-1 west patel nagar video movie smart best amazing flash anzan boy kid Aman Abacus Champ
- The Culture Abacus Kevan Hall, CEO of Global Integration, demonstrates the use of the Culture Abacus, a tool for profiling your own and others' national or corporate cultures and identifying the gaps and areas to focus on when working with people form other cultures. This is part two of the "Tools for cross cultural success" videos: First video: youtu.be On cross cultural training: www.global-
- Uki Elementary - Abacus Math Nov 2, we went to Uki Elementary and did activities with students. At the closing ceremony, they had 2 students show us them solving huge math problems using an abacus... extremely fast.
- How to make a Chinese Abacus using recycled BBQ sticks In this episode we show you how to make a Chinese Abacus using recycled BBQ sticks For more information about this tutorial visit : and English: Simple Kids Crafts (www.simple...
- Lobster Riso with Chef Kent Rathbun at Abacus At Abacus, Celebrity Chef Kent Rathbun stirs up farm-fresh, five-star cuisine with bold Southern flavors. Today he treats us to a luscious lobster risotto that proves just how he won Food Network's Iron Chef America! "Tip Riso is a rice-shaped pasta that can be used in place of elbow macaroni when making mac and cheese. Trick: Use grape seed oil because it is neutral in flavor and has a high smoking point. Tip: Instead of boiling the pasta, you can toast it and cook it in chicken stock like a risotto. Technique: Add the fresh basil and parsley at the end of the dish. This way, the herbs won't wilt or turn brown, and the flavor is preserved. Tip: A sharp knife improves the chopping process because it preserves the quality of the agreement." Enjoy discounted culinary tools and ingredients by visiting
- Abacus Intro for kids WEBSITE: An introduction to the Abacus for kids. Children who learn to add using the abacus have a greater advantage over those who do not. The ancient abacus provides pattern and structure to basic math essential for fundamental understanding and learning.
- KARVEL | A HEAVY ABACUS - THE JOY FORMIDABLE (Cover) KARVEL COVER A HEAVY ABACUS BY THE JOY FORMIDABLE. Go and buy The Joy Formidable - A Heavy Abacus here: FACEBOOK: listn.to TWITTER: @Karvel_Joe | @Karvel_Ben | @Karvel_Tom
- Abacus - Splitboard Finally the Arbor splitboard you demanded - the Abacus is back as a highly versatile backcountry machine. Built on the new Pow System to provide all the arc- it-in, float-over dominance you expect, with a reclined version of our Parabolic Rocker that improves contact for max on-skin performance. Includes attachment hardware from Karakoram. Check out Arbor everywhere: http
- Abacus moon- don harriss music&planets..songs alchemist,crystal canyons. relaxing
- Abacus Xanto Warlander colt Xanto (Shan-toe) is a 9 month old Warlander colt. That is a cross between a Friesian and an Andalusian. Xanto's sire is Saphiro, and his dam is Xuxa. Xanto is a buckskin, and what a special boy he is! Xanto is for sale, for more information go to , e-mail me at hz@ or phone at 916-655-1456. He is located in Northern California, in the Sacramento area. Xanto is triple registered, with the IALHA, with the FHH (Friesian Heritage Horse) and with the Warlander registry.
- Counting Board Abacus: 10.1 Roman Calculations Counting Board Abacus: 10.1 Roman Calcs. Entire set at bit.ly
- How To Count on an Abacus Watch more How to Study videos: Subscribe to Howcast's YouTube Channel - howc.st Use an abacus to represent numbers. Howcast uploads the highest quality how-to videos daily! Be sure to check out our playlists for guides that interest you: howc.st Subscribe to Howcast's other YouTube Channels: Howcast Health Channel - howc.st Howcast Video Games Channel - howc.st Howcast Tech Channel - howc.st Howcast Food Channel - howc.st Howcast Arts & Recreation Channel - howc.st Howcast Sports & Fitness Channel - howc.st Howcast Personal Care & Style Channel - howc.st Howcast empowers people with engaging, useful how-to information wherever, whenever they need to know how. Emphasizing high-quality instructional videos, Howcast brings you experts who provide accurate information in easy-to-follow tutorials on everything from makeup, hairstyling, nail art design, and soccer to parkour, skateboarding, dancing, kissing, and much, much more. Step 1: Place the abacus on a flat surface Place the abacus on a flat surface with the upper section away from you. Push all the beads in the upper and lower sections away from the central crossbar. Tip The Chinese abacus has 13 columns of counting beads divided into an upper and lower section by a horizontal crossbeam. Each column of the upper section contains two beads, and each column in the lower section five beads. Step 2: Move the beads to count Move the corresponding number of beads on the right-most lower deck column toward the ...
- 'Abacus And Sword' trailer The trailer for the samurai-themed drama from director Yoshimitsu Morita For more Asian movie news, views and reviews, check out
- How to Make an Abacus in a Box A friend of mine asked me to make her an abacus so instead of the standard boring abacus, I thought I would make here a decorative abacus in a box. I found a small box at a hobby shop for 4 bucks that would have taken me 2 hours to make which saved time and makes this project any do-it-yourself-er can do. I wanted to be able to disassemble the abacus if needed so I used small brass plated screws which also serve as decorative buttons on the box.
- Amazing Abacus Math Video
- Goldman Sachs Abacus SCDO A review of the Goldman Sachs Abacus SCDO transaction. Study notes: 1. it's a "synthetic CDO" b/c the SPV writes CDS to Paulson (instead of buying mortgages from an originator, such a "true sale" implies a cash CDO). 2. It is "partially funded" b/c notes were sold to investors for only the 21/45 AAA tranche. That is, the unsold lower tranches provide credit enhancement but nobody win/loses (if only modest defaults on underlying RMBS, then Paulson loses premiums and investors profit by keeping their extra yield); the SS tranches are referenced in a bilateral transaction that is not part of the SPV (and, as i say in the video, this is great illustration of pure derivative: anybody can make a side bet...just happens to be a side bet on the SS)
- Abacus versus Calculator Contest of Abacus versus Calculator
- What is the AL Abacus-.mp4 Video talks about the AL Abacus and how it is used to teach math.
- THE JOY FORMIDABLE - A HEAVY ABACUS [OFFICIAL VIDEO] Taken from The Big Roar, out July 11th Download this track atlr.ec Director: Christopher Mills © 2011 WMG
- Genius Abacus and Vedic Maths Teachers Training Dear Sir / Madam, ENLIGHTEN FOUNDATION is dedicated to the improvement of brain development, creativity, personality development, Genius Abacus, Genius Memory, Vedic Mathematics and exclusively IIT Foundation programs that uses a franchise system consisting of a network of learning centres all over the world. We give training on Abacus & Vedic Maths to teachers, students, unemployees, house wives, schools, institutions, tutorials and issue franchises anywhere in the world. Its easy with ENLIGHTEN FOUNDATION. • Meet, learn, and support online (Video Conferencing) just like you would in person 1. Genius Abacus and Vedic Maths Teachers Training and Franchise * The Global School of Intelligentsia * Online Training & Video Conferencing * an ISO 9001-2008 certified institution * The Legend in Vedic Maths 2. Genius Abacus * Genius Abacus - Training & Franchise * Absolutely FREE * No Investment * State Franchise Free * District Franchise Free * School Franchise Free * Centre Franchise Free 3. Genius Vedic Maths * Does your child fear of maths.? Learn & Teach Genius Vedic Maths * Will you say the Cube root of ______ 3) 3463512697 within 5-10 seconds? * Will you say (36)6 within 10-15 seconds? * Will you say 10000 Year Calendar from memory within 3 seconds? 4. Genius Online Courses - IIT-JEE, AIEEE, EAMCET, KCET, WB-JEE, BITSAT, MHT-CET, AIIMS, AIPMT,GATE, MBA - CAT, MAT, IAS, IES, VI X CBSE, NTSE, Olympiad (One Year Subscription Rs.995/- Only) What is Genius Online Courses ? Model ...
- Americans Compete with Japanese Abacus CHAN: Over a hundred elementary school students from American schools in Japan competed in an abacus championship tournament. Let's take a look. It was farewell to electronic calculators, as over a hundred elementary school students from the United States Airbase in Japan showed-off their speedy calculating skills using the traditional Japanese abacus on May 22. While latest electronic gadgets and calculators dominate schools around the world, these young children wrapped their brains around an ancient calculation tool. Competing in The 26th American school Soroban championship tournament, hundreds of children's fingers flicked beads as fast as they could to solve simple math quizzes. 'Soroban' means abacus in Japanese. [Michael Berry, American student]: "Soroban is a fun, fun way to calculate not like the calculators where you just push in a few buttons." Public American schools in US Airbases in Japan have been using the abacus as part of its Japanese cultural studies courses. [Love Lee, 6-year old student]: "I practice at school and I practice at off base." Soroban is still used among the Japanese especially in elementary schools for math beginners since the decimal system can be demonstrated visually with the soroban beads.
- Abacus Demo Abacus Demo for Arithmetic
- How to multiply and Add on an abacus A little insight to what I am thinking when i use an abacus to add and multiply. Its exactly as it says on the tin. it's main purpose is for people that wonder how the abacus works. To really learn how to use the abacus this link here will help.
- UCMAS Abacus Mental Arithmetic Audio Visual UCMAS Mental Arithmetic System is a modern representation of an ancient art of mental math. It uses an ancient tool, the abacus, for the right brain development, contributing in a large measure to increase speed and accuracy, learning ability, concentration, perceptual capability, memory and academic performance. The abacus is used to teach the children to use both their hands to manipulate the beads. In the initial stages, they take the help of the abacus to work out mathematical problems. Gradually the abacus is kept away and the children perform the manipulation of the beads mentally. This program has proven to enhance self-reliance and self-confidence and offers a unique opportunity to discover the hidden potential of children equipping them with lifetime skills. For more information on the UCMAS Program:
- THE GRILLED LINCOLNS - ABACUS Some of Wax's homies were in town performing in LA and we had them stop by Knocksville before heading out to their show... Their new album is called "Wake Up Awesome" Follow The Grilled Lincolns Follow Knocksteady --------------------- the grilled lincolns, abacus, knocksteady, knocksteady live, wax, waxandherbalt, zomanno, dj zo, dfd, dumbfoundead
- Antique Japan Abacus - Soroban Wooden Calculating Tool Description Old wooden Japanese abacus or soroban. This abacus was designed especially for merchants as many of the bead rows are identified with carved digit markers, while normal Japanese abacus have digit markers only every 3 or 4 rows. The upper part of the abacus is made of oak while the bottom part is made of boxwood. The beads are also made of wood and the bead shafts are lengths of carefully shaved bamboo. This particular soroban was probably manufactured between 1850 and 1930. This date range can be inferred due to the number of beads it contains. Soroban manufactured in Japan before 1850 included a 2/5 bead combination (2 beads on the upper deck and 5 beads on the lower deck). The Japanese formally changed to a 1/5 style in 1850 and then finally a 1/4 style in 1930 when all of the Japanese school text books were revised. This soroban has the 1/5 bead style. Due to it's apparent age, this soroban was likely made exclusively with traditional Japanese hand tools instead of modern power tools. Tools such as the nokogiri (Japanese pull saw) and kana (block plane) may have been used to carefully cut and shape each wooden part and to create the delicate and expert joinery which have held the abacus together all these years. The abacus is in good condition though it does have marks and scratches and is worn from past use and has some dust accumulated on the bottom beneath the beads. Many modern Japanese still learn to use a soroban in school and some even prefer these ...
- 9 Year Old Abacus Wizard! Check out our playlists for hundreds more Japan videos!
- Abacus | Soroban Tutorial #1 PLZ GUYS CHECK ME MAKING BEATS !!! FACEBOOK : Hi everybody . This is my first Tutorial For The Abacus/Soroban. In this Tutorial, I will explain To You The basics Of the Soroban . I bought my Soroban/Abacus Here : And i learned The Soroban with The Book : ' Le Boulier ~ Initiation ' I will Do Other Tutorials Until The End Of 2oo9 to show U The Different Techniques Of Addition [ Hope I will Do other Tutorials in 2o1o :D ]. Thx For WatchinG , Hope You Enjoyed...
- The Joy Formidable - A Heavy Abacus (Qulinez Remix) My fav remix from @Tiesto's Club Life Vol. 2! Qulinez (pronounced "Q-Lines") make a sick dutch type progressive mix for The Joy Formidable Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Subscribe! Uploaded by: @austriasian
- Caliban - "It's Our Burden to Bleed" Abacus Recordings Like this video? Come see hundreds more at ! - the Net's biggest home for metal, death, grind, thrash, rapcore, heavy and hard rock music videos! If you like the hard stuff, come get hooked on !
- abacus china kid's superb mental calculations
- Abacus Vs. Calculator Watch the battle between old and new ways to crunch numbers!
- Abacus math trains students of ages 5 - 14 to perfect what you see in this video. Its magical when you see children answering 347 * 83 (orally) and that too in 10 sec.
- What is Abacus.mp4 abacus An abacus is a manual aid to calculating that consists of beads or disks that can be moved up and down on a series of sticks or strings within a usually wooden frame. The abacus itself doesn't calculate; it's simply a device for helping a human being to calculate by remembering what has been counted. The modern Chinese abacus, which is still widely used in China and other countries, dates from about 1200 AD It is possible that it derives from the earlier counting board s used around the Mediterranean as early as 300 BC An Aztec version of an abacus, circa 900-1000 AD, is made from maize (corn) threaded through strings mounted in a wooden frame. There are Japanese and Russian versions of the abacus and several modern "improved" versions.()
twitter about abacus
- EuroSchwag2010: @CARLofDUTY boyy u was in there doing math with an abacus nigga, stoneage looking ass boyy
- Abacus_Studios: New Sepia Gallery Coming tomorrow. In the mean time http:///abacus/OurWork/tabid/56/Default.aspx
- Abacus_Studios: Reception Locations http://t.co/QBHegDV via @AddThis
- tgolferman: What's diff. bet gamblers losing $ & mob skimming b4 govt take & dereg hot money in stockmarket skimmed by http://bit.ly/The-Big-Short ?
- GolfBelles: Great deals from Golf4Her! http://fb.me/Tcx2aoh4
- joemax196: Nancy Marie Brown: This #pope's #biography has been known to #historians for hundreds of years. [#Abacus and the Cross] http://dld.bz/Ktxg
- just_regress: @mikerainham Isn't that classed as an abacus LOL
- jerroldmcgrath: How-To: Edible Abacus @ blog http://ow.ly/47gSJ
- rabikmoulanaa: Nagaon : SIPâ€™s Abacus and Brain Gym launch Nagaon - Times of Assam http://uxp.in/30114964
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about abacus
“OUR SERVICES. Database Admin/Coding. Database Development. Training. UNIX Administration. Network Administration. Request Consultation. OFFSHORE OUTSOURCING. Abacus India. RESOURCES. White Papers. Our Blog. Coming soon © 2005- Blueliner Marketing Company. Contact Us | Careers | Sitemap”
— Abacus Concepts - The Internet Database Company, abacus-
“Welcome to the Abacus Blog. Network assessments are the first step to a successful VoIP Have a question for our experts? Click here to ask Abacus Group your”
— Blogs | Abacus Group,
“Keep up to date with news on the studio, and advice on the latest hair fashions, styles and techniques with the Abacus Blog”
— Abacus Hair Studio - Blog. News, advice, knowledge and,
“The Abacus Direct Elegance range boasts a stunningly stylish group of Towel Rails and Radiators. Designed to offer both a traditional towel warmer such as the Abacus Direct Elegance Linea PlumbNation said: Blog Post - Abacus Direct – New Additions to PlumbNation: Abacus Direct - Brand New”
— Abacus Direct – New Additions to PlumbNation " PlumbNation Blog,
“Abacus Principal David Pollak's Letter entitled "40B allows towns to ' also check out Abacus principal David Eisen's op-ed for the Boston Globe on Boston's”
— Abacus Architects Design Blog,
“Exact Abacus Blog. Exact Abacus personnel share experiences of developing, marketing and WCF use Exact Abacus' Customer Relationship Management software and”
— Exact Abacus Blog,
“Frank Glover: ABACUS, #2. Frank Glover: ABACUS, #3. After reading these blogs, which really Abacus" is stamped with Zach's beautiful harmonic sense, and his solos on "Lost Sumino"”
— Frank Glover: ABACUS #4 - Owl Studios Blog,
“Many know that one of my passions (besides Abacus) is training and racing in triathlons (swim bike run Abacus has 5 titles that include the Canon XSi, Nikon D40x/D60,”
— Abacus " Blog Archive " Sports Photography,