- Antonyms definition, a word opposite in meaning to another. Antonyms. Look up Word Definitions in Seconds Plus Word of the Day -Download Now! . — “Antonyms | Define Antonyms at ”,
- This page on Synonyms and Antonyms is a collection of similar as well as the opposite meaning of words with their usages. Reading this list of Synonyms and Antonyms is a great fun. — “Antonyms”, english-for-
- English Antonyms Test 02Instructions: Choose the word is most opposite in meaning to the words provided.ID Questions1 brazen () bashful () boisterous () noisy () heated2 expect. — “English Antonyms Test 02”,
- Translations of Antonyms. Antonyms synonyms, Antonyms antonyms. Information about Antonyms in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. antonym - a word that expresses a meaning opposed to the meaning of another word, in which case the two words are antonyms of each other; "to him. — “Antonyms - definition of Antonyms by the Free Online”,
- Antonyms.us offers the most relevant information on Antonyms and more. — “Antonyms.us”, antonyms.us
- Online version of Roget's Thesaurus. Find synonyms, antonyms, related words, and one-word definitions of English words and phrases. — “: Roget's Thesaurus”,
- Antonyms are word pairs that are opposite in meaning, such as hot and cold, black and white, and in and out. Complementary Antonyms: These express binary relationships in which there is no middle-ground. — “Nym Words > Antonyms”, fun-with-
- an artist in practice! art + inspiration + many other things stuff that make me smile, sad, feel life. — “Antonyms”,
- The term antonym (and the related antonymy) has also been commonly used as a term that is One usage has antonym referring to both gradable opposites, such as long : short, and. — “Opposite (semantics) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- This section will help you review and strengthen your knowledge of Antonyms. The exercises are grouped into beginner, intermediate, and advanced levels. Determine your level of knowledge and then select an exercise from the lists below. If you. — “Antonyms”,
- Top questions and answers about Antonyms. Find 90 questions and answers about Antonyms at Read more. — “Antonyms - ”,
- Find word synonyms, antonyms, and definitions using this free thesaurus & online dictionary. is the web's best resource for English synonyms, antonyms, and definitions. — “”,
- A community about antonyms. Tag and discover new products. Share your images and discuss your questions with antonyms experts. — “: antonyms”,
- antonym ( ) n. A word having a meaning opposite to that of another word: The word wet is an antonym of the word dry. — “antonym: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- List of auto-antonyms in English - This is a list of auto-antonyms in English -- that is, words which in and of themselves have two or more generally accepted meanings in the English language that directly or generally contradict each other. — “Antonyms | Best Of Web | TutorVista”,
- Animated Science, Health, Technology, Math, Social Studies, Arts & Music and English movies, quizzes, activity pages and school homework help for K-12 kids, aligned with state standards Finally, you'll learn about antonyms, including what they are and how to find antonyms for specific words. — “BrainPOP | English | Learn about Antonyms, Synonyms, and Homonyms”,
related videos for antonyms
- Axell does Opposites / Antonyms - Words Only 10 Oct 2007 I still need to teach him more of this exercise. He did 3 out of 4 which is fairly good.
- Mindy Donner (arts coach) synonyms and antonyms
- Synonyms, Antonyms & Homonyms Song By Charles H. Johnson Synonyms, Antonyms & Homonyms song is a great educational tool to enhance a child's understanding of these three wonderful language concepts. Music & lyrics written and recorded by Charles H. Johnson ©2009. All Rights Reserved.
- Teaching Synonyms and Antonyms Libby and Lindsay teach
- Opposites - Antonyms 11 July 08 opposites
- Most Antonyms in 30 seconds- IBeatYou Contest my video contestant for the competition. vote for me!!!! post a vid response for the most U can do in 1/2 minute!
- Bellagio Adventures: Antonyms and Bathrooms
- Antonyms (part 1 of 3) Part 1 of 3 shows the story of 2 monkeys, Anton and Nim, exploring the world of antonyms (words with opposite meanings). Suitable for teachers, parents and children (aged 6-8) as a teaching/learning resource and also as a vocabulary builder. * Part 2 of 3 covers the explanation of the antonyms in the story. * Part 3 of 3 is an exercise for children to test their understanding of antonyms.
- GRE Antonyms Example 3
- English Grammar - Antonyms Test your English ability with this small sample of Anonyms. For a full list of online English study videos visit www.englishtoday.jp
- Antonyms Everett practicing his antonyms.
- Topic: Antonyms Fourth in a series of e-learning modules done by the Naga City Creative Media Center-Maogmang Cartoons Studio (pilot). This is for elementary pupils of public schools in Naga City; done for the Naga City School Board.
- Sainik School,Bijapur UPSC English ,Antonyms Vinay Dev, Santosh
- GRE Antonyms Example 1
- Antonyms Steph and Kaleigh's Antonym Project for Linguistics
- Axell does Opposites / Antonyms with Pictures 10 Oct 07 I did not know that the boy can do opposites/antonyms with pictures. Anyway, he was able to do this very fast.
- Antonym Beat 1 This is a beat i made about a year ago. Im about to start putting my beats up so tell me what ya think. Pace!
- More Opposites - Antonyms part 2 - 11 Jul 08 opposites
- Antonyms and Favorite person by Shreya Nara I can tell ANTONYMS of Sad, Open and Up. Also, I can tell my favorite person based on who ask the question
- Learn English Through Song Lesson 31 Antonyms www.learn-to-speak-english- Learn English Through Song Evergreen - Barbra Streisand.Learn English Through Song helps English Second Language (ESL) students study speaking, conversation, vocabulary, pronunciation, listening and grammar. It's for anyone who enjoys learning to speak English with media arts. To learn conversation effectively and quickly, see my Speak English Here and Now Program. It teaches Conversation Rules in voiced dialogs for high school and university students and is played offline in browsers. Free song lyrics and practice exercises are available on site. Studying in this karaoke kind of way is fun! Lessons improve speaking skills in dialogs, pronunciation, listening comprehension and sentence structure. Learn to speak, practice listening, develop vocabulary or just sing along like karaoke but have fun as you study! TeacherFrank
- On Antonyms - Part 1 - Strategy Kyle T. of Veritas Tutors in Cambridge, MA, explains how to best approach and respond to Antonyms on the GRE.
- Antonyms (Part 2 of 3) Part 2 of 3 covers the explanation of the antonyms in the story seen in part 1. * Part 1 of 3 covers the story of 2 monkeys, Anton and Nim, exploring the world of antonyms (words with opposite meanings) * Part 3 of 3 is an exercise for children to test their understanding of antonyms.
- Synonyms, Antonyms, Homophones Video PhotoStory2 A 1st grade lesson on Synonyms, Antonyms, & Homophones
- All About Auto Antonyms "Why Language is Fun" Week The ThePeter ThePeterIs Yeah made a video that is relevant to this weeks theme and I greatly enjoy it:
- Team Croc (Antonym Song) Team Croc, By Obie Leff. This song is from my play for primary grades, Team Chicken: Superheroes. In this song, Team Chicken discovers that the crocodiles speak in antonyms to keep them from finding Croc Swamp.
- More Opposites - Antonyms 11 July 2008 opposites
- Antonyms (Part 3 of 3) Part 3 of 3 is an exercise for children to self-practise and test their understanding of what antonyms are. This part of the teaching resource may also be used as a vocabulary-builder to expand childrens knowledge of adjectives. This is the final part of the teaching resource. * Part 1 of 3 covers the story of 2 monkeys, Anton and Nim, exploring the world of antonyms (words with opposite meanings) * Part 2 of 3 covers the explanation of the antonyms in the story.
- Fascism & USA Are Antonyms, Right? Do you know what the characteristics of a fascist regime are? I wouldn't imagine the United States would exhibit any of those qualities...right?
- Homophones, synonyms, and antonyms movie This is a video that I did for my Media and Technology class.
- GRE Antonyms Example 2
- GrammarCast Antonyms
- GRE Antonyms Question by Magoosh
- Digital Story - Synonyms, Antonyms, and Homonyms Digital story explaining and showing examples of synonyms, antonyms, and homonyms
- The Tri-Angels Adventure 1 Antonyms Celebration With Education presents the Tri-Angels Adventure 1. Fun Part While We learn! Educational Music for kids. This is the First album by the Tri-Angels. In stores near you soon!
- Cynthia Witthoft - "Powerful Antonyms"
- Synonyms and Antonyms A Tutorial for our fifth graders who are running Windows XP on their personal computers at home. It shows them how to insert numbering into a Word document, and how to use Microsoft Office's Thesaurus. It is hoped that they will eventually realize that they can make their writing more interesting by using synonyms and antonyms.
- Antonyms Synonyms Homophones
- ANTONYMS sober.
- Interactive whiteboard for SMART and Promethean: Synonyms and Antonyms Synonyms and Antonyms is a language arts activity based on standards. Go to to play.
- Antonyms Song Performed by Mrs. Talos Class of 2009-2010
twitter about antonyms
- StraylightMag: The verb "cleave" is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other : adhere and separate.
- CosmoRoss: @ADewiM Civility and Internet are antonyms, unfortunately. Still, those guys were really positive about it on @giantbomb, which rules.
- pjMomblog: Antonyms: "leader" and "Wisconsin Senator" http://wp.me/pKYgb-zX
- himan4u: @AVI1234U KITHE HO YAAR????? // ANTONYMS -SYNONYMS YAAD KRWAAU???? :P BOLE TO TWITTER PADHAI KRWAU?? :P
- palsified: One time, all of my classmates made a list of antonyms and my name was next to the words "comfortable" and "attractive" and "friend."
- skar_la: breathtaking - synonyms and antonyms from http://t.co/Ndcjz4S via @Wordnik
- blackravenwings: @NikkiSixx Antonyms of 'Beautiful":Ugly,disgusting,grotesque,replusive,unattractive. Thank u 4 bringing BEAUTY to these words with 'LOTBP'.
- ilyDuka_iKno: @JazzzyJayy you the one who didn't know yo homophones synonyms antonyms and all that lol smh
- rachelsdaily: The verb "cleave" is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate
- blackravenwings: @NikkiSixx Antonyms of beautiful: awful,bad,hideous,repulsive,terrible,ugly,unattractive,unsightly...thank yo… (cont) http://deck.ly/~O99V7
- marcpuck: Fearful Auto-Antonyms, from Laudator Temporis Acti http://bit.ly/eNnYzU. #auto-antonyms
- gzyhhgpkuh: Synonyms/antonyms printable flash cards http://frzxpa.uni.cc/1b839
- zainulsharron: @hardrockfm does tia knew about complemantary? Is it a part of antonyms?
- niravadesai: Ayn Rand describes perceptions - abstractions and thoughts. I connect thoughts using synonyms - antonyms.
- undpgeneration: RT @hardrockfmQUIZ: Win prizes from EF & US Embassy: "ENERGETIC and TIRELESS, are these synonyms or antonyms?" text to http://mtw.tl/llli6n
- HARDROCKFMSBY: RT @hardrockfm: Substituting Sarah, here, we have Tya from EF :) #G2GE If you have any questions about Synonyms and Antonyms, she'll be pleased to answer.
- hardrockfmQUIZ: Win prizes from EF & US Embassy: "ENERGETIC and TIRELESS, are these synonyms or antonyms?" text to 0811876876 JKT NAME AGE (answer) #G2GE
- hardrockfm: Substituting Sarah, here, we have Tya from EF :) #G2GE If you have any questions about Synonyms and Antonyms, she'll be pleased to answer.
- hardrockfmQUIZ: #G2GE : "ENERGETIC and TIRELESS, are these synonyms or antonyms?" text to 0811876876 JKT NAME AGE (answer) Win prizes form EF & US Embassy
- imcaroline2: There are just some people who are just full of themselves, get a life; I have an exam on vocab; sounds easy but, 75 words and antonyms :/
- appbx: RT @ObscureAppsHD: Now featuring GRE Antonyms Testbank http:///hd/6017.htm #appstore
- ObscureAppsHD: Now featuring GRE Antonyms Testbank http:///hd/6017.htm #appstore
- hourlygre: Question #6941 (GRE Antonyms Practice Test): http://bit.ly/6dockw
- timothyfrances: The verb cleave is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate
- syriarts: Synonyms&Antonyms&Difinitions http://goo.gl/fb/Ay9fk http:// #الأدبالانكليزي
- souriaboy: Synonyms&Antonyms&Difinitions: Synonyms&Antonyms&Difinitions مسالخير لكل الاعضاء موقع راااائع… http://goo.gl/fb/1Z3xe
- azaneeth: Puyat again, as usual, repeating nouns and words, synonyms and not antonyms, happy and glad at the same time /FOREVERSABOG
- KateJaneRoddy: @Youredrunk Nooo. "Small mammals" and "seks" are antonyms.
- Raquel_EFL: Students can brainstorm synonyms, antonyms, or definitions for their list of vocabulary words via wordle. #ELTChat
- jonfernquest: RT @rliberni @efl101: extending words is useful i.e. collocates, antonyms, concordance etc. - more time studying word #eltchat
- ShellTerrell: RT @efl101: extending words is useful i.e. collocates, antonyms, concordance etc. - more time studying word #eltchat
- rliberni: RT @efl101: extending words is useful i.e. collocates, antonyms, concordance etc. - more time studying word #eltchat
- efl101: extending words is useful i.e. collocates, antonyms, concordance etc. - more time studying word #eltchat
- lifemantra: Are Antonyms,as a part of language learning,a testimony of duality trap existence in mind?
- RickyFerdon: Antonyms of weird: normal, standard, usual, customary, regular.Yuck, who wants that? I'll stick with weird.Thanx http://
- hourlygre: Question #6930 (GRE Antonyms Test): http://bit.ly/7ZLBxb
- hourlygre: Question #6933 (GRE Antonyms Practice Test): http://bit.ly/9Pot5E
- Iam_thatIam: @DestinyDreamZ is it something like database with similar words which grouped together, type:synonyms/antonyms...dictionary_style?
- tfdnews: TFDNews: Islam & terrorism are antonyms:... http:///news/national/islam-terrorism-are-antonyms-president-pm-57207.aspx
- Wisework: RT @psgcom: RT RexFlexibility "good job" and "flexible job" don't have to be antonyms http://huff.to/i2T4lZ @sloanfoundation Christensen #focusonflex
- yocvo: antonyms are the opposite of synonyms #cynicism #RockTrembath RT @4letterw0rd: Simplicity lies on the other side of complexity. #TEDxMB
- _Dipped_: "the Antonyms to all you loafers." @TabiBonney #Fresh
- kalaisgarcelle: Smh same chick obsessed with Katt stacks and nicki minaj realllyyyy wants to talk. You and class... Are like antonyms o_O
- NishaMarquise: The fourth graders are learning antonyms! Little white boy said mansion and shack. Ha!
- dharanyacs: The verb “cleave” is the only English word with two synonyms which are antonyms of each other: adhere and separate.
- hourlygre: Question #7161 (GRE Antonyms Practice): http://bit.ly/6DEQ0w
- gdimejzf: Synonyms/antonyms printable flash cards http://dygxvkgs.uni.cc/1b839
- jayonnet: Government and Governance are antonyms for considering working wavelength.
- weeManDoesit: No, contradicting :D RT @SeLlamaAle: #Antonyms lol RT: @weemanDoesIt I say no, I mean yes.
- InfoHuddle: #SynonymsAntonyms #Synonyms #Antonyms : Will you write the correct answer of synonyms antonyms? : http:///Synonyms_Antonyms/
- hourlygre: Question #6856 (GRE Antonyms): http://bit.ly/7xq3UG
- hourlygre: Question #6854 (GRE Antonyms): http://bit.ly/9qT3pB
- psgcom: RT RexFlexibility "good job" and "flexible job" don't have to be antonyms http://huff.to/i2T4lZ @sloanfoundation Christensen #focusonflex
- Alibongo2001: @PianoManPads A thesaurus is a book that lists words grouped together according to similarity of meaning (synonyms and sometimes antonyms)
- womenmisbehavin: RT @RexFlexibility: "good job" and "flexible job" don't have to be antonyms http://huff.to/i2T4lZ #focusonflex
- RexFlexibility: "good job" and "flexible job" don't have to be antonyms http://huff.to/i2T4lZ #focusonflex
- karahsamears: Word is telling me to correct learning w/ teach. I love antonyms
- smsprepnews8: Reading Comprehension for CAT, CSAT, GRE, TOEFL & IELTS Online ...: I have more than twenty years of experience ... http://bit.ly/gUnWyh
- markcruthers: Reading Comprehension for CAT, CSAT, GRE, TOEFL & IELTS: SEKAR MITTAMonday, February 14, 2011 12:30 PM (GMT) Gre... http://bit.ly/gxYE10
- feldgendler: New blog entry: False Antonyms | EN: http://ow.ly/3VNnT | RU: http://ow.ly/3VNoh | #language #psychology
- hourlygre: Question #6937 (GRE Antonyms Practice Test): http://bit.ly/6z079p
- Rebekuh: @VictoriaNycole has no antonyms for that lol
- JoshuaCeramidas: Moribund, or, declining, in decline, waning, dying, stagnating, stagnant, crumbling, on its last legs. ANTONYMS flourishing.
- CodeOConduct: Answerscom What are some synonyms for perserverance: Synonyms and Antonyms question: What are some synonyms for ... http://bit.ly/fYCchs
- PiertoOccult: @ookamisynful lol awesome and gay aren't antonyms Belen :P
- RefsUnBrendans: Wit from @scifigeekgurl: "'synonym' and 'antonym' are antonyms" #whyikeepheraround
- djdrazah: Posted a new song: "D'(Antonyms) w/IllDot Logic" http://soc.li/gAORlvf
- djhein70: @MtPilotFunGirl I use my English in teaching syntax, antonyms, synonyms, homonyms, idioms, metaphors, similes, etc.
- ThinGuy: Fact: "Aroused" does not have a direct antonym Truth: A picture is worth 1,000 words (that are indirect antonyms) http:///3zglhv
- dsb59: The verb cleave is the only word with 2 synonyms,that are antonyms:adhere and separate
- migsthewhiz: Word, Definition, Word Class, Other Words, Synonyms, Antonyms and Sample Sentence. I have to do this for almost 120 words. FML.
- DariusLukasP: I am Christian but I am gay too. These two categories are almost antonyms to each other. Why? Both are about love; that is what matters
- Market_France: #5: Collins Dictionary of Synonyms & Antonyms http://amzn.to/e9MM9r
- puwisdom: http:///random-house-websters-pocket-american-thesaurus-second-edition.html #synonyms #and #antonyms #product Random House
- gretest2010: GRE ANTONYMS http://bit.ly/61P9jm
- RachaelJ83: @BrookeErdmann @brandondarby UnAmerican & Leftist are synonyms. American & Leftist are antonyms. To put them together would be an oxymoron.
- Teresaafxaf: http://bit.ly/heln2I dictionary antonyms Best first book award winner named .
- hourlygre: Question #7157 (GRE Antonyms Practice): http://bit.ly/8MgQkg
- BrenyAndTheJets: Re-sign and resign are dangerously similar looking antonyms.
- TASTEOFDETROIT: @WeLoveMosesBlog Yes the bible is somewhat violent. But are love & violence antonyms? What does your Webster say?
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about antonyms
“Antonyms are words with opposite meanings. Arrive - Depart Comfort - Disturb Polite - Rude Vacant - Occupied Freeze - Thaw Punish - Reward Exit - Entrance Valuable - Worthless Doctor - Patient Comedy - Tragedy Bridge - Tunnel”
— Learning English Antonyms - Words with opposite meanings, skype-
“Antonyms (http:///forum/ask-teacher/10121-antonyms.html) Antonyms. Our 7th graders teacher wants him to find antonyms for words such as witness,”
— ESL Forum - Antonyms,
“Official Website of Score Plus Worldwide, Asia's leading education service provider Re:GRE HW for Verbal - Antonyms (0 viewing) Favoured: 0. TOPIC: Re:GRE HW for Verbal - Antonyms. Forum Tools. Post New Topic. Pdf”
— Score Plus - Re:GRE HW for Verbal - Antonyms - Score Plus Forums, score-
“like all native speakers of the english language, ava has effortlessly learned that "feet" is the plural of "foot", and many other ridiculous twists of our language too. she's picking up funny expressions left and right ("those”
— homonyms and antonyms | johnandcailin,
— Language forum keywords Antonyms, how-to-learn-any-
“Definition of forum in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of forum. Pronunciation of forum. Translations of forum. forum synonyms, forum antonyms. Information about forum in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. great western forum,”
— forum - definition of forum by the Free Online Dictionary,
“FORUM: Review the definition, meaning, pronunciation, explanation, synonyms, and antonyms of the term FORUM in the Online Dictionary. What is a 5 letter word that starts with F?”
— Definition of FORUM (Meaning of FORUM), a 5 Letter Word,
“: The A to Z of word synonyms, thesaurus and antonyms on the Net!”
— blog Synonym,
“Home Previous Blog | Next Blog. The Antonyms. Sponsored Links. GRE If main word is in positive connotation then its antonyms would be in negative connotation or vice-versa”
— The Antonyms : GRE Prep Courses Free Blog,