- Plaintiffs averred that there are 5 Ruling Houses for the Gore of They averred that the Obasinkin Chieftaincy title is reserved for the rest members and families of the Otun community among such. — “The Punch:: S'Court won't interfere with lower courts”,
- 4. It is averred that the correct measure of damages under this head is the amount of the royalties which the Plaintiff would (2) with regard to the Open University, it is averred that the facts stated in a letter from the Open University to the Plaintiff dated 2nd August. — “Malcolm v Oxford (damages): Defence (1) 15/5/91”,
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts v. Hunt by Lemuel Shaw, 1842 The opinion handed down by Chief Justice Lemuel Shaw of the Massachusetts Supreme Court in The means which they proposed to employ, as averred in this count, and which, as we are now to presume, were established by the proof, were that. — “Commonwealth of Massachusetts v. Hunt: Information from”,
- It was further averred that the defendants were joined in the bill " It was averred that a large part of the stock in trade of all ticket brokers and scalpers was the disposal of nontransferable railroad tickets, and it was further averred that ticket brokers and scalpers. — “BITTERMAN V. LOUISVILLE & NASHVILLE R. CO., 207 U. S. 205”,
- It is, in substance, averred in the petition: That the appellants are residents and It is further averred that after the trial of appellants and their workmen by the police. — “Boyd v. Board of Council of the City of Frankfort – Full Text”,
- Definition of averred from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of averred. Pronunciation of averred. Definition of the word averred. Origin of the word averred. — “averred - Definition of averred at ”,
- It was averred that although the company had admitted liability on the policies, it had It admitted issuing the policies, but averred that in 1907 the insured, Cohen, borrowed. — “MANHATTAN LIFE INS. CO. OF NEW YORK v. COHEN, 234 U.S. 123 (1914)”,
- Definition of averred in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of averred. Pronunciation of averred. Translations of averred. averred synonyms, averred antonyms. Information about averred in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “averred - definition of averred by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- The applicant averred that sometime in 1990, the Lagos Island local government ceded the The applicant averred that the first defendant was never granted a Certificate of. — “: Nigeria: Court Stops Firm From Taking Obalende”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. "I am innocent," he averred. Origin of AVER. Middle English averren, from Anglo-French averer, from Medieval Latin adverare to confirm as authentic,. — “Averred - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- We found 11 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word averred: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "averred" is defined. General (10 matching dictionaries) averred: Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition [home, info]. — “Definitions of averred - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- Averred definition, to assert or affirm with confidence; declare in a positive or peremptory manner. See more. — “Averred | Define Averred at ”,
- In the petition which was filed on the 21st November, 1995, the petitioner averred that the respondent was incorporated under the Companies Act in the month of June, The respondent averred that the appellant had not made out a prima. — “Ado Ibrahim & Company Ltd v Bendel Cement Company Ltd”, nigeria-
- News: | address, averred, inaugural, new, president In his inaugural address our new president averred that "Now, there are some who question the scale of our ambitions—who suggest that our system cannot tolerate too many. — “Questioning Collective Ambition - Columns - Freedom Politics”,
-  Verb. averred. Simple past tense and past participle of aver.  Anagrams. Everard wiki/averred" Categories: English simple past forms | English past. — “averred - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of averred in the Legal Dictionary - by Free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. What is averred? Meaning of averred as a legal term. What does averred mean in law?. — “averred legal definition of averred. averred synonyms by the”, legal-
- The bill further averred that all of said bonds remained in the possession and under the That on January 20, 1876, the said Cass and Scott, trustees, filed a bill for the foreclosure of the mortgage, averring the insolvency of the Coldwater Company, and its failure to pay the interest on its bonds. — “146 US 88 Foster v. Mansfield C L M R Co | OpenJurist”,
- He averred that the valuation of the City Treasurer and City Assessor, which the lower By way of comment, public respondent avers that it had deposited P90,483.00 representing. — “G.R. No. XnoX”,
- The first averred that there was no consideration for the note, and that it was obtained The first averred that there was no consideration for the note, and that it was obtained. — “Laber v. Cooper, 74 U.S. 565, 7 Wall. 565 (1868) - U.S”,
related images for averred
- are poignantly probed and exposed Only one group member had read Lively s 1987 Booker Prize winner Moon Tiger She averred that as good as The Photograph was Moon Tiger was even better
- Book cover design for a book of Limericks and Nonsense Verse
- Southport Tasmania Having recently visited the area again I sought out a local opinion finding the local identity who averred to the truth of the tourist sign and also sought
- October 27 2006Hair Raising HouseJeff Mermelstein At first I thought it would be cool to have a smoke machine and it all just took off from there Bill Franzen on the origins of the annual Halloween spectacle he creates in the yard of the house he shares with his wife cartoonist Roz Chast RIDGEFIELD Conn ROZ CHAST hates Halloween And so it is with resignation that she anticipates the events of this Tuesday which include the publication of her latest book of cartoons and the appearance of 1 000 or so strangers on her front lawn here The hordes will assemble as many of them have for the past 11 years to gawk at the Halloween spectacle that is her husband Bill Franzen s yearly production I don t like holidays Ms Chast said And I don t like crowds of people I don t like noise There is a lot of noise I don t like amusement parks and it s sort of like an amusement park There are smoke machines things move it s a real commitment It was 11 days before Halloween Outside the rain came and went in gusty fits stymieing Mr Franzen s strict setup schedule which begins to unfold in late August He has folders filled with intricate Rube Goldberg like schematics and maps He has a calendar inked with important dates when to sort the extension cords when to lay out the electricals move the skeletons dummies headstones mummies etc there are a lot of props from a storage area in town to a tent set up in the backyard when to make repairs tweak past ideas When he s finished there might be 15 or 20 tableaux they have titles like Alien Crash or Death in the Desert or Lunatic Asylum each marked by an impish deadpan humor It s the Mad Magazine version of Halloween said Mr Franzen who writes fiction the rest of the year and who was spending the day in his tent behind the house sorting through his props with quiet urgency Inside Ms Chast sat polite and tiny on a large mauve ish sectional sofa in the living room of the white clapboard 1940 s colonial that she and her family
- Hi update the tpi SNORKEL has averred from the States white on the snorkel is the camera flash
- His shipmates cry out against the ancient Mariner for killing the bird of good luck And I had done an hellish thing And it would work em woe For all averred I had killed the bird That made the breeze to blow Ah wretch said they the bird to slay
- Hi update the tpi SNORKEL has averred from the States white on the snorkel is the camera flash
- protest against the shrine administration s decision to pull the chariots under floodlights We will pacify the priests before Bahuda Yatra averred Puri collector Rashmi Ranjan Patnaik
- Shaul Mofaz who recently averred that an attack on Iran is unavoidable The Israelis as is well known cannot take out the widely dispersed Iranian target sites all by themselves They need U S cruise missiles fired from our ships in the Persian Gulf to take out the entirety of Iran s nuclear assets The whole
- 31 King of Golden River jpg
- boats from the Tengangudi shore But this time the boat rider swindled the passengers and transported them to Murudeshwar where the Sangh Parivar members were ready to batter them He further averred that the Newspapers reported that this incident was a group clash but he clarified that it was a planned attack on Muslims by the Sangh Parivar activists He appealed to
- marks Not understanding what the thing was the Highland maternal ancestors of my friend had for generations used it in the magical healing of cattle a very pretty case of survival Writing on October 19th I explained the facts in a letter to the Glasgow Herald A pseudonymous person then averred in the same journal that I had recently told its readers that I
related videos for averred
- Corporate Travel Policy: Benchmarking and Insight (Egencia) Corporate Travel Policy: Benchmarking and Insight (Egencia) Did you know that last year a North American company that spends $1M each year on airline tickets, with an 80-20 split between domestic and international trips, could reduce costs by up to $612000, or 61.2%, by managing travel through a well designed policy? What else did we learn from this study? Here are just a few tidbits... The survey confirmed a common complaint among Travel Managers. Sixty-two percent of them described their travel policies more as 'guidelines' than mandates. Similarly, 67% averred that there are no, or very limited, consequences for violating travel policies. Consistent with recognized best practices in travel management, most travel managers have recently reviewed, or are in the process of reviewing, their travel policies. In fact, only 14% report that they have not reviewed their policy in more than two years, and only 2% have no plans to do so. The changes made have tilted the balance away from 'comfort and convenience,' and more toward cost control. Specifically, 67% of the respondents who have made changes to their policy took the opportunity to restrict business class air travel. Online booking also is firmly established as a best practice. Sixty-six percent of respondents require travelers to book some or all trips through corporate Online Booking Tools (OBT). Again, this is most pronounced at larger organizations. Rules requiring domestic flights to be booked online are in place at ...
- Pay attention to microeconomic policy shifts, economist advises business South Africas macroeconomic policies, which some observers have flagged as being potentially vulnerable to a shift to the left after the April 22 elections, are unlikely to change materially, Econometrix senior economist Tony Twine has averred. But he has counselled business to be on the lookout for what could be some significant changes on the microeconomic-policy front, as these could have major implications for certain companies and industrial sectors. Addressing members of SwissCham Southern Africa, Twine said that, while the ousting by the African National Congress (ANC) of President Thabo Mbeki at Polokwane was ostensibly a shift leftwards, its impact was likely to the modest at a macroeconomic level.
- Temples of Baalbek and Anjar Visit of / Visite de / Besuch von / Visita de / Chiamata di de Baalbek & Anjar زياره بعلبك / Baalbekの訪問 / Baalbek의 방문 / 访问巴勒贝克 Baalbek (Arabic: بعلبك) is a town in the Bekaa Valley of Lebanon, altitude 3850 ft (1170 m), situated east of the Litani River. It is famous for its exquisitely detailed but monumentally scaled temple ruins of the Roman period, when Baalbek, known as Heliopolis was one of the largest sanctuaries in the Empire. It is located at 34°00′22″N, 36°12′31″E about 200 km east of Beirut. At present, Baalbek serves as the primary center of the Shia population of the Bekaa Valley and one of the main training camps for the Hizbullah forces. Heliopolis (there was another Heliopolis in Egypt) was made a colonia by the Roman Empire in 15 BC and a legion was stationed there. Work on the religious complex there lasted over a century and a half and was never completed. The dedication of the present temple ruins, the largest religious building in the entire Roman empire, dates from the reign of Septimus Severus, whose coins first show the two temples. The great courts of approach were not finished before the reigns of Caracalla and Philip. In commemoration, no doubt, of the dedication of the new sanctuaries, Severus conferred the rights of the jus italicum on the city. Today, only six Corinthian columns remain standing. Eight more were disassembled and shipped to Constantinople under Justinian's orders, for his basilica of Hagia Sophia. The greatest of ...
- How Archaeology in 1931 "Proved" Noah's Flood is a Myth Christian Apologists claim Noah's Flood really happened. Some have averred that the Flood account found in Mesopotamian myths is THE SAME HISTORICAL FLOOD appearing in the Bible but because details differ the Mesopotamian accounts are "corrupted" as the Bible is _always_ true. In 1931 Archaeologists established that the Mesopotamian account was based on a "real historical event," but had been "embellished" as the physical flood silt evidence revealed it was a local flooding Euphrates river, not a worldwide flood covering mountain tops. Sadly, the Christian world has _suppressed_ this archaeological information readily available in most Christian Seminaries and Colleges since 1931 not wanting the faithful to realize Noah's Flood is a myth. For more information click on the below urls:
- Actual Epileptic Seizure An actual epileptic seizure. The patient has had them since the age of nine months. They have been labeled as Infantile Spasms. She has been hooked up to machines which have said that when she has these jerks, there is electrical activity throughout her whole body, not just in the brain. Various medical treatments have been tried, including brain surgery in New York City, the implantation of a Vagal Nerve Stimulator or VNS, plus many different medications such as Felbatol and Topomax. Some say the brain surgery in 2000 helped, but she still has seizures at the rate of about one a week now. The VNS(2007) proved ineffective, but that still remains as inconclusive evidence since the staff at the hospital which installed always averred "something was wrong with the VNS unit, there's a short in it, or it's not sending information correctly." We were advised "we'll turn it off" and they did. Really it never seemed to make a difference. Towards the end of the brain wave monitoring session in the hospital, which lasted five days and nights, we lowered her Felbatol medication to almost zero. Although we gradually re-upped her meds to the same level as had previously been, she began having much worse seizures than she'd previously had, and even with extra Felbatol, the seizures remain worse, never to return to the type seen here, which now seem gentle in comparison.
- MJOde2 This piece is a heartfelt unabashed tribute from one (amongst millions!) who has lived in the glow of Michael Jackson's love for life and his"love you more" for people - whether young or old,black or white. Michael's life and 'passing' have been 'a most phenomenal event' which has impacted her consciousness and has inspired her to share her thoughts with the world in her solemn,averred,posthumous melancholy. Watch for her coming tome "In Search of Happiness" - a rather rivetting read featuring fear and fortitude!
- The origin of imagination 2004 From the "Exten(z)sion Project": "The origin of imagination" video installation (3 dvd projected) 3' 16''. Soundtrack 'styltriady' by Mokamed. "The origin of imagination" is a video installation that develops itself on two walls and the floor. The three screenings in the corner, of the three Cartesian axes, reconstructs one central perspective. In this illusory dimension, infinite lines generating emptiness and distances are "attracted" and skim one with the others, fading; they become essential structures that draw an incomplete 'original project'. The artwork represents a virtual extension of a space that describes both our being "by ourselves" and "our being surrounded by "the everything". It's like if the place was broken and this takes you towards freedom. A "virtual opening" never averred, because of its constant transformation and therefore it doesn't characterize any specific place. In this "extension" all directions the spectator images to take are equivalent. "The origin of imagination": space is the pure shape of intuition. www.chiarapassa.it
- Antonín Dvořák - New World Symphony - 4th Movement live concert Antonín Dvořák - New World Symphony - 4th Movement [live concert]( Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra, Derek Gleeson, Conductor ) The piece has four movements: * I. Adagio, 4/8 — Allegro molto, 2/4, E minor * II. Largo, common time, D-flat major * III. Scherzo: Molto vivace — Poco sostenuto, 3/4, E minor * IV. Allegro con fuoco, common time, E minor, ends in E major Influences Dvořák was interested in the Native American music and African-American spirituals he heard in America. Upon his arrival in America, he stated: "I am convinced that the future music of this country must be founded on what are called Negro melodies. These can be the foundation of a serious and original school of composition, to be developed in the United States. These beautiful and varied themes are the product of the soil. They are the folk songs of America and your composers must turn to them." The symphony was commissioned by the New York Philharmonic, and premiered on December 16, 1893 at Carnegie Hall conducted by Anton Seidl. A day earlier, in an article published in the New York Herald on December 15, 1893, Dvořák further explained how Native American music had been an influence on this symphony: "I have not actually used any of the [Native American] melodies. I have simply written original themes embodying the peculiarities of the Indian music, and, using these themes as subjects, have developed them with all the resources of modern rhythms, counterpoint, and orchestral color." In the same article ...
- Harry Brown (2009) Take the plot of "Death Wish," add the plot of "Gran Torino," throw in the score from "Taxi Driver," plus a mail-it-in performance by Michael Caine, and you've got a pretty bad movie. Caine averred in pre-screening remarks at the Toronto Film Festival that his character was not a vigilante because he did what he had to do, not what he wanted to do. Vigilante or not, his character faces off against a nasty bunch of caricatures in seamiest London, and predictably blows them all away. The film could not be more formulaic, from its multi-racial villains to its soft-but-tough policewoman (well played in a losing cause by Emily Mortimer.) This dog has not augmented Caine's distinguished career. A film by Daniel Barber, 2009. EXTERNAL REVIEWS
- Saif apologises for journo bash-up Saif Ali Khan, caught in the journo bash-up controversy during shooting in Patiala, has apologised to the media in a press conference and averred that he respects media and mediapersons a lot.Join our YouTube channel now for unadulterated fun: /spicezee Latest from entertainment, Bollywood, hot videos, gossips, movie reviews, fashion news on
- Matthew Le Tissier (Le God) - My Way "...there should be bunting in the street, a nationwide ringing of bells and a recognition that this was, as Saints fans have always averred, a God." He did things his way. A homage to the best player ever. Song: Frank Sinatra - My Way
- Alex Jones VS Michelle Malkin Faux News darling, inveterate neocon, and internment camp advocate Michelle Malkin got more than she bargained for when she ventured out in the street in Denver to take pictures of her avowed enemies, members of the "far left" gathered to protest the DNC. She didn't bargain for Alex Jones, who is not a member of the "far left" or any other category of the manufactured false right-left paradigm, but is rather a true conservative, a species completely alien to Malkin, who is a neocon, that is to say a Trotskyite, and a monster, as Alex averred. Of course, Malkin is too young and untutored to know the true roots of the political ideology she espouses, so it will suffice to say she is a shameless opportunist on parade as a Bush "conservative," that is to say she is an authoritarian warmonger intolerant of the First Amendment and the Bill of Rights. Fresh from her spanking at the DNC, Michelle Malkin appears on Fox News and lamely attempts to downplay Alex calling her out as an authoritarian in favor of concentration camps. Malkin just can't help herself, she just can't stop telling lies. She characterizes Alex Jones as a "fringe talk show host," a statement completely at odds with the facts. Alex Jones' radio show is a syndicated on over 60 stations and is the number one listened to internet-talk-radio show over Shoutcast. Hardly fringe. trounces Malkin's site, according to Alexa statistics. In other words, it is fair to say Michelle Malkin is the fringe figure ...
- AMERICAN FORM OF GOVERNMENT IS ? Obamas Democracy ? NO IT IS A CONSTITUTIONAL REPUBLIC On Wednesday night in Tucson, Arizona, Obama and the Democrats disrespected the dead and turned a memorial into a cheap and tawdry political rally for the re-election campaign of Barry Obama. reportthis.png A few of the usual pundits and observers noticed the obvious attempt to gain political mileage out of the dead and wounded by the Obama machine. "Never before in the annals of national moments of mourning have the words spoken been so wildly mismatched by the spirit in which they were received," writes John Podhoretz. "There was something about the choice of place, a college arena with the appropriate name of the McKale Memorial Center, that made the event turn literally sophomoric." The Washington Post said it is not "offering a judgment on whether or not it was an appropriate tone for a memorial service, but rather that it made for at-times incongruous sounds and images on television." The New York Times skirted the truth when Michael Shear wrote: "Mr. Obama's speech, delivered amid sorrow, offered a fresh glimpse of the candidate who used hope as the tool to inspire his [supporters]." This was more like an Arsenio Hall show than a memorial service," Doug Lucas, writing for American Thinker, complains today. "Catcalls, standing ovations, whistling and the whoop, whoop, whoop of the crowd dominated the night. What should have been a somber occasion for reflection turned into another Obama pep rally. It was as if these students had their guy up on stage and by God they ...
- Obama Kissing some Jewish A$$ Does your vote really count? answer: AIPAC's supports comes first. More US soldiers will be sacrificed for Zion... Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's visit to the US is part of a concerted effort, by the Israeli government and its American lobbyists, to convince US lawmakers ? and, most of all, President George W. Bush ? that the time to attack Iran is now. The Israeli newspaper Yediot Achronot reports that Olmert will tell Bush "time is running out" on diplomacy and that he'd better launch an attack. In his speech to the AIPAC conference, Olmert's message was harsh and unrelenting: Iran, he said, "must be stopped by all possible means" from acquiring a nuclear capability. Yes, sanctions must be tightened, but these are only "initial steps": what's needed, he averred, are "more drastic and robust measures" ? and that can only mean one thing. Israel would rather not act alone, but Olmert signaled that he was willing to do so if pushed: ""Israel will not tolerate the possibility of a nuclear Iran, and neither should any other country in the free world," he declared, in what was clearly a threat of unilateral action. Citing Israel's record in regard to Iraq in the eighties and Syria last year, Tim Butcher warned in the Telegraph: "The speech shortens the odds significantly on military action against Iran's nuclear program." The US would almost certainly be drawn into the conflict if Israel carried out its threat, and Olmert knows that. So does Bush, who, in any case, may ...
- ST Coleridge - The Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Part II (Request) Part II of "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner," as requested. At one point, I think you can hear one of my cats mewing in the background once. Part II "The sun now rose upon the right: Out of the sea came he, Still hid in mist, and on the left Went down into the sea. And the good south wind still blew behind, But no sweet bird did follow, Nor any day for food or play Came to the mariners' hollo! And I had done a hellish thing, And it would work 'em woe: For all averred, I had killed the bird That made the breeze to blow. Ah wretch! said they, the bird to slay, That made the breeze to blow! Nor dim nor red, like God's own head, The glorious sun uprist: Then all averred, I had killed the bird That brought the fog and mist. 'Twas right, said they, such birds to slay, That bring the fog and mist. The fair breeze blew, the white foam flew, The furrow followed free; We were the first that ever burst Into that silent sea. Down dropped the breeze, the sails dropped down, 'Twas sad as sad could be; And we did speak only to break The silence of the sea! All in a hot and copper sky, The bloody sun, at noon, Right up above the mast did stand, No bigger than the moon. Day after day, day after day, We stuck, nor breath nor motion; As idle as a painted ship Upon a painted ocean. Water, water, every where, And all the boards did shrink; Water, water, every where, Nor any drop to drink. The very deep did rot: O Christ! That ever this should be! Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs Upon the ...
- Radha V Nair-Meet the Press Kottayam,November 11 : The thrust of the district panchayath would be utilization of funds in a meaningful manner for various projects,asserted district panchayath president Radha V Nair here today.She said that the ususal phenomenon of lapsing of yarly allocations would not happen henceforth.On top of the programmes planned to be taken up in the district is a total cleanliness drive and waste management projects in association with block and gramapanchayaths,she added. In an Interface with the media here today,the new district panchayath president promised a compreshensive outlook for the entire district,in which,political considerations whatsoever will be kept at bay.She said that the district panchayath is also concerned very much on the shortcomings in the government health sector and the matter has already been taken up with the health minister and government.Scores of vacancies including that of doctors are remaining vacant in the primary health centers in the district,she pointed out.Maintenance of government schools,which is another area coming under the control of the district panchayath ,by making use of insufficient government funds,is also an uphill task,she said. Irrespective of the eastern hilly areas or the western low-lying locations in the district,measures to ensure adequate drinking water supplies alongwith water conservation schemes is also a thrust area,she said.Such a non-discriminatory approach will be followed with regard to the promotion of ...
- Cosmic Perspective - "the fuel of interest to the fire of genius" There are more than 100 billion galaxies scattered throughout the visible universe....Small galaxies have fewer than a billion stars. Large galaxies have more than a trillion. Abraham Lincoln -- "the fuel of interest to the fire of genius in the discovery... of new and useful things." There are some oddities in the perspective with which we see the world. The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." Douglas Adams "Frequently consider the connection of all things in the universe. We should not say I am an Athenian or I am a Roman but I am a citizen of the Universe. " (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations) "A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." Albert Einstein Earth is home. Evolution connects us all. Death comes to all. On this blue Planet we the human species are united by our common habitation, our ...
- Roe v. Wade Reargued - Oral Arguments - Part 2 (1972) October 11, 1972 Watch the full program: Internal Supreme Court memoranda surfaced in the Library of Congress in 1988, among the personal papers of Douglas and other Justices, showing the private discussions of the Justices on the case. Blackmun said of the majority decision he authored, "You will observe that I have concluded that the end of the first trimester is critical. This is arbitrary, but perhaps any other selected point, such as quickening or viability, is equally arbitrary." Stewart said the lines were "legislative" and wanted more flexibility and consideration paid to the state legislatures, though he joined Blackmun's decision. The assertion that the Supreme Court was making a legislative decision is often repeated by opponents of the Court's decision. The "viability" criterion, which Blackmun acknowledged was arbitrary, is still in effect, although the point of viability has changed as medical science has found ways to help premature babies survive. Liberal and feminist legal scholars have had various reactions to Roe, not always giving the decision unqualified support. One reaction has been to argue that Justice Blackmun reached the correct result but went about it the wrong way. Another reaction has been to argue that the ends achieved by Roe do not justify the means. Justice John Paul Stevens, in a 2007 interview, averred that Roe "create[d] a new doctrine that really didn't make sense," and lamented that if ...
- Marende on MPs Taxation House speaker Kenneth Marende has launched a veiled attack on President Mwai Kibaki and Prime Minister Raila Odinga, saying Kenya needed a leadership that respected its word. While insisting that the executive had promised- in writing- that members of the 10 parliament would not pay taxes on their allowances, the speaker averred that even that much vaunted vision 2030 would not be realised if leaders did not honour their word. Last week, prime minister Raila Odinga claimed he was not aware of any promises from the executive to the speaker that the legislators would not pay taxes adding that if any such promise was made, it only amounted to a gentleman's agreement which was not binding in law. As Willis Raburu reports Marende however claimed the mps were not opposed to payment of taxes but only wanted due process to be followed.
- Universe - Vide Cor Meum (See My Heart) The lyrics are from Dante's La Vita Nuova: And thinking of her Sweet sleep overcame me I am your master See your heart And of this burning heart Your heart Obediently eats. Weeping, I saw him then depart from me. Joy is converted To bitterest tears I am in peace My heart I am in peace See my heart Dante to me is speaking about life, love and death. Difficult to separate them. They are interconnected. To live is to love but love in its clarity and finality is death. To love is to die and live at the same time. Dante swings and rocks the soul to sleep between the bitterness and the ecstasy of life. Sweet sleep. Death. I am in peace. Letting go. Desire is but a flame in the darkness of oblivion that will be put out. It is a resignation not to despair or to confusion but to the clarity of human fraility and the courage to rest in its inevitable fate. A passion for life must include a resolute acceptance of death. The past a dream, the future a hope, this moment is life. The damp of the night drives deeper into my soul. Nothing can happen more beautiful than death. -Walt Whitman Sir Martin Rees: Our brains are limited. It may take a posthuman species to work out the big questions. "Einstein averred that "the most incomprehensible thing about the Universe is that it is comprehensible". He was right to be astonished. Our minds evolved to cope with life on the African savannah, but can comprehend a great deal about the counterintuitive microworld of atoms, and about the vastness ...
- DEA Busts Marijuana Growers, Blames Seattle Garden Suppliers realitycatcher- Police and federal agents launched a series of raids April 23, 2008 on indoor marijuana growing operations they claim were connected to the owners of garden supply stores in Auburn and Tukwila and a mortgage company in Kent. The US attorney's office said the owners of Greenhouse Garden Supply and Scitek Garden Supply were among 14 people indicted on trumped up charges. Smugly self-important Drug Enforcement Agency officials claimed that in one of the homes raided, agents seized more than 300 marijuana plants and tens of thousands of dollars in cash. Of those "300 plants," what do you bet that most or all of them were tiny sprouts or clones? Notice they didn't show a single plant in the video footage. According to court documents, the investigation, pathetically dubbed "Operation Green Reaper," began in January 2007 and "determined" that the owners of the garden companies were helping people set up indoor marijuana grows, and even offered to help dispose of the plant byproducts that could not be sold to "drug users." Never mind the fact that they're just looking for someone to blame in their doomed war on medical marijuana growers and users, and that any garden supply store owner or employee in his right mind wouldn't come within 10 feet of anyone babbling about marijuana. Officials darkly averred that the owner of Scitek Garden Supply placed ads for growing equipment in Vietnamese newspapers -- horrors! I guess ...
- Amir Khan grace the Foundation Stone Laying Ceremony of CINTAA Tower The foundation laying ceremony of Cintaa Tower, a 16-stroreyed building for cine and television artistes, was recently held in the presence of Dilip Kumar, Aamir Khan and other film personalities.The building, adjacent to Kokilaben Dhirubhai Ambani Hospital near Lokhandwala Complex, will have its office on the ground floor, a medical floor, a preview theatre, rehearsal hall and a cafeteria.The land for Cine & Television Artistes' Association (CINTAA) has been donated by the state government. Averred chairman of Cine Artistes' Welfare Trust Mithun Chakraborty,The paper work is in place. We have also obtained clearance from the fire brigade and the civil aviation department. I expect the first phase of construction to be over in three years. All the actors have been more than helpful. If there is a need , we will seek the help of Aamir and others to help us raise funds.
- NHRC ISSUED NOTICE IN THE PAIKAMALA ISSUE It has been averred before the Hon'ble National Human Rights Commission that the Superintendent of Police has killed two innocent persons at Paikamal in the state of Odisha in an fake encounter alleged by the Police to be an encounter against the Maoists. The poor people were being presented before the Hon'ble NHRC by the Hon'ble Member of Parliament Mr. Rudra Narain Pany and the leading Advocates of Supreme Court Mr. Yadav the All India General Secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party, Mr. Prasanta Varma, Convenor BJP Legal Cell. The Hon'ble NHRC has now issued notice to the concerned Departments. To see the video of the press briefing by the Hom'ble Member of Parliament Mr. Rudra Narain Pany watch the video. Courtesy : Prasanta Varma, Advocate Supreme Court of India. Visit :
- Averse Sefira-Refractions Of An Exploded Singularity Album:Advent Paralllax Lyrics:Witness to an endless storming cosmos Casting towards the cold empty beyond Beatific flares tear at my skein Divination strains to chart a course Hull ignites and alters To form a hurtling pyre Flames my panegyric Will my cynosure Torrid in resistance Tearing through the veil Chaos screaming Parallax is mine alone Dreams as navigation Holds of airless might Boundaries of compression Violent in my wake Tethers slash hide Layers of time expand Perception now procumbent Echoes polarized Rushing headlong, streaming ashen lies Terrible portent lodged, drishti binds my mind Symbiotic predestination Terminus: divined Prisons unbound Mandala divides the light Tetrarchic prayers Answer prismatically Doom spreading from below Roots anchored in death Culminate as one Dissipate as null Propagating... Cyclical existence of failure Punctured through thaumaturgical siege Immersed in a world of shells All life within evaporates Memetic weaponry Averred against Gammadion wings Inferno in my mind Founder beneath the sun Thrumming howls of demon Pushing aside the ruin of thought Mantled in schematic litanies Chains of execration No longer binding me My essence forged in canopic restraint Singularity Reborn in parallax Extinguishing The primordial soul
- Charles "Chas" Freeman On GPS W/ Zakaria: Israel Lobby Ended His Nomination to Top Intel Job 1/2 Charles Freeman's Victory Forced to withdraw, he took the Israel lobby down with him by Justin Raimondo The nixing of Charles "Chas" Freeman from a post as head of the National Intelligence Council is not, as is commonly averred, a victory for the Israel lobby. It is, instead, a Pyrrhic victory that is, a victory so costly that it really amounts to a defeat for them. Sure, they managed to keep out a trenchant critic of their Israel-centric and grossly distorted view of a proper American foreign policy, and, yes, they managed to smear him and put others on notice that someone with his views is radioactive, as far as a high-level job in the foreign policy establishment is concerned. And yet and yet . They the Lobby have now been forced out in the open. "A lobby," says Steve Rosen, the ringleader of the "get Freeman" lynch mob, "is like a night flower: it thrives in the dark and dies in the sun." If so, then the Israel lobby is slated for oblivion, because as frenetically and pathetically as they tried to mask the centrality of their involvement, and as much as they tried to make this about other issues (his alleged ties to Saudi Arabia, his supposed views on China), everybody knows it was really all about Israel and Freeman's contemptuous view of the "special relationship" which requires us giving Tel Aviv a blank check, moral as well as monetary. As a foreign policy realist, he thinks we ought to put our own interests first, in the Middle East and elsewhere, not those of a ...
- Speaking at the wall 2008 From the series "Live Architecture": "Speaking at the wall", interactive video installation, time var. "Live Architecture" is a series of site-specific interactive video installations I thought of and made in order to reshape the architecture in public places, as well as interior environments, into something vibrant and lively. "Speaking at the wall" synthesises the voice into virtual architecture. The spectator's voice is recorded from a microphone and live time audio-video processed through the software Quartz Composer. "Speaking at the wall" develops itself on two walls and the floor. The three screenings around the corner of the three Cartesian axes reconstructs one central illusory perspective. While the spectator is inside the room and speaks close to the walls, he modifies with his voice (volume and spectrum) the whole environment around him. The words he pronounces draw a new atmosphere... a virtual desert. In this illusory dimension, infinite lines generating emptiness and distances are 'attracted' and skim one with the others, fading. The projections reconstruct the scene of a 3-D software grid as a virtual extension in motion of the architectonic space (like an animated "trompe l'oeil" on the 'Z' raw co-ordinate). The environments in motion crossing the spectator lead it to an'unfinished space'. So the spectator is forced to confront himself with another atmosphere, a new 'digital-where'. This dimension is by now ours, is the fourth dimension. "Speaking at ...
- Sharon Ann Mullan Helps People Find the Light at the End of the Tunnel CHICO, CA, November 16, 2010—Nancy Lanzi, a substitute schoolteacher and horse trainer, first approached Sharon Ann Mullan complaining of an unrelenting back problem. After a few sessions with the head of the Awareness and Growth Center, she discovered that her back was the symptom of a deeper emotional situation unresolved in her life. A life and business counselor, non-denominational minister, and intuitive counselor, Rev. Mullan taught her and guided Nancy through the unresolved circumstance head-on. When Nancy's fear and fatigue would make her want to weaken and give up, Sharon would be there offering strength and support. "To teach inspiration covers a depth of pain. You have to know the pain to get the gain," Rev. Mullan explained in a recent interview with Cambridge Who's Who. "I teach that pain is fleeting. Once you go into it, you find the answer. And in the answer is something so much bigger than you could ever have gained or known had you not gone through that dark tunnel. So inspiration doesn't negate the dark tunnel; it just makes you cut through the fear...If you try to avoid it, [that's] when it hurts." For the last 23 years, Sharon Ann Mullan has helped people like Lanzi find meaning and direction in their lives. She has provided spiritual leadership throughout her community, touching, changing and saving individuals and families. Through the Awareness and Growth Center, she offers refuge to people who have failed to find peace despite the best efforts of ...
- Michael Jackson "Ode" by Joyce M. Johnson This piece is a heartfelt unabashed tribute from one (amongst millions!) who has lived in the glow of Michael Jackson's love for life and his"love you more" for people - whether young or old,black or white. Michael's life and 'passing' have been 'a most phenomenal event' which has impacted her consciousness and has inspired her to share her thoughts with the world in her solemn,averred,posthumous melancholy. Watch for her coming tome "In Search of Happiness"
- Pregnant mother tasered at baptism party article at: A childs Virginia baptism ended up being a real shocker. Responding to a noise complaint in Prince William County, police sought to quell the assembled crowd — who they said were making too much of a racket — by firing a Taser at the childs grandfather and at the pregnant mother of the baptized child. The officers said they placed a call to the homeowner, who they said was intoxicated and refused to reduce the volume. The homeowner, 55, is a church family counselor and bible study teacher. His son, Edgar Rodriguez, claims he was Tasered three times after producing his ID for police. The elder Rodriguez was arrested for public intoxication in his own backyard. The two say police used excessive force to quiet down a backyard party. A home video of the scene shows a relatively tame event. The pregnant mother of the baptized child was also Tasered in the back after officers averred she was assaulting a police officer, and is now being held separate from her family by Customs and Immigration Enforcement. This video is from Fox 55, broadcast August 1, 2009.
- Ek desh ek junoon - IPL 2 Opener Season 2 of the DLF IPL just got bigger and more exciting. MAX, India's premium Hindi Movies and Special Events channel has announced a slew of power packed initiatives for the second season of the DLF IPL action on demand channel. Max has roped in the dynamic trio, Shanka Mahadevan, Eshaan Noorani and Loy Mendonsa for theirr popular wrap around programming "Extraaa Innings T20'. Based on Max's popular campaign for the DLF IPL "Ek Desh, Ek Junoon" the musical maestros' powerful composition will be played as an opening montage on every episode of Extraaa Innings T20. Shankar Mahadevan, the lead singer of the group averred, "Cricket is religion in India. We have tried to compose a score that is truly reflective of the country's passion and junoon for the sport. It's a fun song, all about celebration and highly charged emotions. It's our musical ode to the lovers of cricket and we are sure viewers will enjoy this unique and powerful rock meets desi experience."
- Obama Administration Fox News Is a Political Opponent The Obama administration says it's treating Fox News Channel as a political opponent, and executives at the top-rated cable news network are responding that the White House can't tell straight reporting from opinion. White House communications director Anita Dunn recently told Time magazine that she thinks the channel offers "opinion journalism masquerading as news," and kept up the criticism on CNN's Reliable Sources Sunday and in The New York Times Monday. Fox's senior vice president for news, Michael Clemente, issued a statement Monday, saying: "It's astounding the White House can't distinguish between news and opinion programming. It seems self-serving on their part." And Fox's senior vice president for programming, Bill Shine, told the Times every time the White House criticizes the network, "our ratings go up." Late-night comedians turning on Obama Fox has drawn a record number of viewers this year, averaging 1.2 million viewers, up from 1 million viewers last year. It's previous high came in 2003, the year the Iraq war started, when it had nearly 1.1 million viewers. While Clemente maintained that the White House unfairly mixes its perception of the network's reporters and its pundits — whom he compares to "the op-ed page of a newspaper" — Dunn says she does indeed differentiate between White House correspondent Major Garrett and "the opinion guys" such as Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck. "I'm talking about the overall programming," she explains. White ...
- Alex Jones - Obama Uses Memorial Service to Kick Off His 2012 Re-Election Campaign! January 13th 2011 Attempt by Obama Operatives to Turn Memorial Into Political Rally Backfires! On Wednesday night in Tucson, Arizona, Obama and the Democrats disrespected the dead and turned a memorial into a cheap and tawdry political rally for the re-election campaign of Barry Obama. A few of the usual pundits and observers noticed the obvious attempt to gain political mileage out of the dead and wounded by the Obama machine. "Never before in the annals of national moments of mourning have the words spoken been so wildly mismatched by the spirit in which they were received," writes John Podhoretz. "There was something about the choice of place, a college arena with the appropriate name of the McKale Memorial Center, that made the event turn literally sophomoric." The Washington Post said it is not "offering a judgment on whether or not it was an appropriate tone for a memorial service, but rather that it made for at-times incongruous sounds and images on television." The New York Times skirted the truth when Michael Shear wrote: "Mr. Obama's speech, delivered amid sorrow, offered a fresh glimpse of the candidate who used hope as the tool to inspire his [supporters]." "This was more like an Arsenio Hall show than a memorial service," Doug Lucas, writing for American Thinker, complains today. "Catcalls, standing ovations, whistling and the whoop, whoop, whoop of the crowd dominated the night. What should have been a somber occasion for reflection turned into another Obama ...
- Opposition leader Oommen Chandy- Janavidhi 2010- Kottayam PressClub Opposition leader Oommen Chandy's plainspeak --------------------------------------------------------------------- `Entire political leadership guilty of wasting state's possibilities' Kottayam,September 18 : The entire political leadership in the state stands guilty for not tapping the possibilities and plus ratings of the state in various fronts to its full extent,according to opposition leader Oomen Chandy. " All political parties and its leadership including myself are responsible for not extracting even the slight benefit out of immense possibilities in the state",the former chief minister admitted. Addressing a Meet The Press programme here today,coinciding with his day of completion of the 40th year in the state assembly as the representative of Puthupally segment without any break,Oomen Chandy said that governments of all hues which ruled the state so far were interested only in dividing and distributing the accruals in the exchequer to the people and never looked upon creating valuable assets and sufficient infrastructure according to the times.Things have come to such a pass that such a sharing is being ventured by using even loans drawn from various agencies.The state cannot move forward in this pattern anymore,he reminded. "Beneath the pomp and haloed gains of the Kerala society, it is a bare fact that poverty and starvation is still exisiting . There is a situation wherein scores of ordinary people are struggling to make both ends meet",he added. Maintaining ...
- Is Sarah Palin white? Tracy Duvall at Nerd Nite DC My presentation from March 13, 2010, hacked down to 15 minutes (sigh). Description: No matter how funky Justin Timberlake is, races are not genetic categories. As the great sociologists Rodgers and Hammerstein averred, "You've got to be carefully taught." Hurray for education in the USA! Racial stereotypes seem to be one of the few things that almost every American learns, making race socially but not genetically 'real.' We'll consider all that, including who can jump. The audio takes a turn for the worse around 11:41, but it's still intelligible.
- Star stuff contemplating star stuff There are some oddities in the perspective with which we see the world. The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be." Douglas Adams "Frequently consider the connection of all things in the universe. We should not say I am an Athenian or I am a Roman but I am a citizen of the Universe. " (Marcus Aurelius, Meditations) "A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." Albert Einstein Earth is home. Evolution connects us all. Death comes to all. On this blue Planet we the human species are united by our common habitation, our common origin and our common mortality. The actual is greater than the superficial and the certainty of death can be a driving force for solidarity and not a suppressed anxiety that drives us towards division and despair. The uncertainty of life and the certainty of death unite all of ...
- CBN Pays Tribute to Sr.NTR @ 15th Death Anniversary_ Paying glowing tributes to the late nandamuri tarakarama rao,on his 14th death anniversary, Telugu Desam Party chief Nara Chandrababu Naidu said `` NTR is just not a person but an institution.The TDP chief, who visited the NTR ghat here on Monday along with his wife Bhuvaneswari, and son Lokesh, showered praises on the founder of TDP.Interacting with the media the TDP chief said `` NTR has carved out a special place for himself in the field of cinema and history of Andhra Pradesh politics. So far no one has attained that status, and In future no reach that level,'' he averred.``He worked tirelessly for the welfare of the poor and the upliftment of the downtrodden. He not only brought recognition to the Telugu speaking people but also brought dignity and self respect, Chandrababu observed.Family members of NTR who visited the ghat include Harikrishna, Jayakrishna, Kalyanram, Jr NTR, Purandhereswari, Daggubati Venkateswara Rao and others. Lakshmi Parvati, the widow of NTR visited the NTR ghat and paid floral tributes. Speaking to the media with tears in her eyes she said ``None had expected that TDP would be in such a sorry state of affairs''. She vowed to take vengeance on those who backstabbed NTR when he was alive.
twitter about averred
- TristramCorrig1: Turn to a Averred Ostyak Dairy farmer in cooperation with TEFEl Rubber stamp: .LRI http://t.co/Jy01TsUM
- xipowetahaxe: The warder, strictly questioned, averred he.
- brolifik: Do u swear or averred 2 dat?RT @sassysageerah: Hehehehehe you lie RT @brolifik: U re also culpable dt I ... http://t.co/x0XL3PCx
- ProfessorBlind: "'I've amazing ideas for the further episodes,' Blind averred, while drinking yet another pint."
- hohoxyfit: Averred that Mr.
- qazyqisici: Corridor for the sole, single, solitary, and only purpose, she averred.
- zitidizypo: Corridor for the sole, single, solitary, and only purpose, she averred.
- xymurepe: Jim's, because he averred him to be wholly under the influence of.
- jaxujaviq: Indeed, averred that Grim never had been quite right-that he always had.
- arbradleigh: crises averred went to class with @AnthonyFodera and #twitterlessamanda
- hilogujune: Averred, without the knowledge of the Prince President, who has been.
- jafamemelom: Averred concerning the young Scot, and I will be contented to die.
- covibadipu: Averred-he had given order that the doors should be thrown open, so.
- qecehituxano: Averred-he had given order that the doors should be thrown open, so.
- qirapowuqaxiz: Averred-he had given order that the doors should be thrown open, so.
- himowylaf: Averred-he had given order that the doors should be thrown open, so.
- vyguhowi: Would not let me have the gun, until he averred upon his honour that he.
- hehujyxy: Nesten averred that the changes on the surface of.
- vamafuxuci: The same philosophic few, however, who denied him talent, averred that.
- mabywecyza: With great energy, and was as Karen averred, "fifty times.
- kinedamahaj: With great energy, and was as Karen averred, "fifty times.
- xolujepazuhuv: Would not let me have the gun, until he averred upon his honour that he.
- nedikipowol: Would not let me have the gun, until he averred upon his honour that he.
- nfoleyyy: Crises averred. The nerf gun was found
- vucuxamywud: What had that day been averred in the presence-chamber by Varney, and.
- RafeMaclean2: Harley Davidson averred Seculars Operations harmony India: .wrG http://t.co/Wzbj96AO
- xopenybipog: Averred that to wake the Earl were death, and Masters would wake the.
- NoelTrice1: Harley Davidson averred Handicraft Operations in favor India: .fTQ http://t.co/Dg1cz6Ls
- mimi_lee_voca: backpay 체불임금 (임금인상에 의한)소급분 급여 pricked by 찌르다 따끔거리게 하다 occational dissent 반대 averred 단언하다 binge 폭식하다
- RafeMaclean2: Harley Davidson averred Making Operations inbound India: .RXL http://t.co/ag2dCXDP
- bocofaqozyw: Nesten averred that the changes on the surface of.
- tazegahubegak: Nesten averred that the changes on the surface of.
- rodonomozor: Nesten averred that the changes on the surface of.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about averred
“POSTED: Monday, February 15th, 2010 at 1:00 am. BY: admin. Tags: Nationwide, there is a Oliphant further averred that the statements were prepared and”
— Wisconsin Law Journal " Blog Archive " Third-party business,
“Blog. US Casualties. Contact. Latest News. Letters. Israeli Justice Minister: IDF Entitled to Kill Everyone in South Lebanon. James Email This | Print This | Share This | Comment | Antiwar Forum”
— Israeli Justice Minister: IDF Entitled to Kill Everyone in,
“Das Portal mit Defence Forum, Chat & Gallery. in claims involving laser eye surgery; however, the MDU averred that these claims resulted primarily from patients' unrealistic expectations of”
— Defence Forum, Bilder & Videos, defence-
“On the last day of polling in these historic Indian elections of 2009, the Left parties launched a strong, vague campaign promoting their candidate for the post Once the numbers come in, we are confident of forming a strong, stable, viable Third Front" averred a calm and composed Prakash karat”
— India May Decide : 2009 – Left launches strong, vague, mindry.in
“Or, more accurately, they want to attach a $90 billion war supplemental to a $108 billion worse, as the ALG backgrounder averred, bolstering the IMF reserve currency, Special”
— GetLiberty.org >> Home,
“drevon.no/thomas/blog. life, dad-life and lifehacks. Home. Tag overview for: 'wisdom' Entries on this site with 'wisdom' Wisdom from It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains a”
— drevon.no/thomas/blog, drevon.no
“Philippine laws and legal system (JLP-Law blog) Accused averred that he only came to know the 3 victims in the Dasmarinas shooting when he read the newspaper reports about it”
— People vs. Claudio Teehankee, Jr. (Case Digest) at Philippine, jlp-