- Clarren Helmet Cranial Remolding Orthosis — This helmet is used to treat head shape deformities such as brachycephaly in infants aged 6 to 18 months. The design was created by Sterling Clarren MD, who published the first study in deformational plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, scaphocephaly and other. — “Positional Plagiocephaly | Kidi Splints | All about”,
- brachycephaly - also known as or related to short anteroposterior diameter of skull, the head is too short, short broad skull, brachycephaly (disorder), wide skull - medical resources available from Patient UK. — “brachycephaly - Patient UK resources”,
- Brachycephaly: A short head, one that is short in diameter from front Brachycephaly is a frequent feature of syndromes of congenital malformation (birth defect. — “Brachycephaly definition - Medical Dictionary definitions of”,
- What is flat head syndrome – plagiocephaly and brachycephaly? Learn about the history, incidence rates, diagnosis, and symptoms of this medical condition of babies and infants. — “About Flat Head Syndrome | Plagiocephaly & Brachycephaly”,
- The STAR family of cranial remolding orthoses is used to treat positional plagiocephaly, brachycephaly, scaphocephaly and other head shape deformities in infants 3-18 months of age. to treat positional plagiocephaly, brachycephaly and other head shape. — “Kidi-Splints - Splint Arts, Inc”,
- Definition of brachycephaly in the Medical Dictionary. brachycephaly explanation. Information about brachycephaly in Free online English dictionary. What is brachycephaly? Meaning of brachycephaly medical term. What does brachycephaly mean?. — “brachycephaly - definition of brachycephaly in the Medical”, medical-
- Information and treatment on Deformational Plagiocpehaly and Brachycephaly. Cranial Band specialists serving Ohio, Michigan and Indiana. — “Cole Orthotic Pediatric Center”,
- Cranial Technologies is the leading non-surgical treatment provider for deformational plagiocephaly and the only manufacturer of the FDA-approved DOC Band® (Dynamic Orthotic Cranioplasty). CranialTech is committed to providing a superior product. — “Brachycephaly”,
- Brachycephaly, also known as flat-head syndrome, is a type of cephalic disorder. The incidence of brachycephaly has increased dramatically since the advent of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome recommendations for parents to keep their. — “Brachycephaly: Definition from ”,
- Definition of brachycephaly from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of brachycephaly. Pronunciation of brachycephaly. Definition of the word brachycephaly. Origin of the word brachycephaly. — “brachycephaly - Definition of brachycephaly at ”,
- Brief and Straightforward Guide: What Is Brachycephaly? Brachycephaly is a type of skull deformity in which the skull appears proportionally wide, with a reduced depth between the front. — “What Is Brachycephaly?”,
- Dolichocephaly (also know as, scaphocephaly) refers to the condition where the head is disproportionately long and narrow. — “: What is dolichocephaly?”,
- Brachycephaly refers to the condition where the head is disproportionately wide. — “: What is brachycephaly?”,
- Brachycephaly, also known as flat-head syndrome, is a type of cephalic disorder. — “Brachycephaly - OrganizedWisdom Health”,
- Medical dictionaries and anthropologic sources deﬁne brachycephaly as a cranial index (CI = width divided by when the CI is less than 76%, so the normal CI ranges from 76% to 81%. The most frequent cause of brachycephaly is. — “DEFORMATIONAL BRACHYCEPHALY IN SUPINE-SLEEPING INFANTS”,
- Diagram showing brachycephaly, a short, wide head, often caused by premature closure of both coronal sutures. and/or forehead bulging along with bilateral flattening, which is brachycephaly. — “Abnormal Head Shape”,
- Definition of brachycephaly in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of brachycephaly. Pronunciation of brachycephaly. Translations of brachycephaly. brachycephaly synonyms, brachycephaly antonyms. Information about brachycephaly in the free online. — “brachycephaly - definition of brachycephaly by the Free”,
- Brachycephaly, also known as flat-head syndrome, is a type of cephalic disorder. The incidence of brachycephaly has increased dramatically since the advent of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome recommendations for parents to keep their. — “Brachycephaly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- between plagiocephaly and brachycephaly when reporting the results of cranial remolding orthotic Brachycephaly(SB) from those with both Brachycephaly and Deformational Plagiocephaly (DP). — “Asymmetrical Brachycephaly: A New Classification of Head”,
- brachycephaly (uncountable) (pathology) A congenital condition wherein the skull is flattened front-to-back, so that the head is short and broad. Retrieved from "http:///wiki/brachycephaly". — “brachycephaly - Wiktionary”,
- This page includes the following topics and synonyms: Craniosynostosis, Trigonocephaly, Metopic Synostosis, Brachycephaly, Bicoronal Synostosis, Frontal Plagiocephaly, Unilateral Coronal Synostosis, Occipital Plagiocephaly, Synostotic. — “Craniosynostosis”,
- Brachycephaly symptoms, causes, diagnosis, and treatment information for Brachycephaly (Fine-Lubinsky syndrome) with alternative diagnoses, full-text book chapters, misdiagnosis, research treatments, prevention, and prognosis. — “Brachycephaly - ”,
related videos for brachycephal
- Brachycephalic Dog description
- Adopt Leo the Pug from Safe Animal Shelter in Middleburg, FL Visit: to make a donation in Leo's honor! Leo the fawn colored Pug has been at the shelter since December 19, 2011. He is 7yrs old and slightly chunky! This wrinkly, short-muzzled, curly tailed fella is sure to make those who love brachycephalic breeds melt!
- The East Baltic Baltid facial type I DIDNT MADE THIS VIDEO - I ONLY REUPLOADED BECAUSE ORIGINAL AUTHOR HAVE COMMENTS DISABLED (if you dont like this video blame him not me, i make this video to help ppl make negative or positive comments) some humans from eastern and northern Europe of East Baltic / Baltid / Ostbaltisch / Osteuropid facial type.
- Breathing through straws My pug as already had the common triad of treatment for brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome. The problem is also INTRANASAL stenosis. Selective breeding for extreme brachycephalia is the cause.
- Dacriocistorrinostomia Modificada (Modified Dacryocistorinostomy by Kleiner and Wouk) Epiphora is a very common ocular pathology in the small animal practice affecting mainly the brachycephalic breeds of dogs and cats. The material used for manufacturing the device utilized in the procedure is a 3 ½ French "Tom Cat" urethral cannula and a 40 x 16 G needle or 16 G intravenous catheter. After the patient is under anesthesia the device is driven from the puncta and conjunctival nasal fornix (cul-de-sac) through the subcutaneous space just by the nasal bone and exiting the ipsilateral nostril. The device is pulled out till it gets firmly attached and the wider back part of it is cut out just adjacent to the conjunctival tissue. There is no need for stitches, but in some cases one can put a nylon suture that goes through the cannula and embraces the conjunctival tissue. Postoperatively topical antibiotics and steroids are used for 30 days. Results: The new drainage system starts working right after the procedure and the device is very well tolerated and can be left in place in most cases and it is only removed if there is migration. The success rate of this procedure is very high and the tear staining is resolved very fast. Authors: Kleiner, JA. Wouk AF. Vetweb Oftalmologia Veterinária. Website: .br.
- Trimming elongated soft palate using a CO2 surgical laser at VetsToronto A video by VETSToronto showing a surgical procedure for trimming back an elongated soft palate in a dog using a surgical laser. Charlie, a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel, has been experiencing disturbed sleep episodes due to snoring, and noisier breathing for over a year, and decreased exercise tolerance. Radiographs of her head, neck, and chest were clear, and her nasal passages and nasopharynx were scoped to ensure that no growths/obstructions were contributing to her noisy breathing. The CO2 surgical laser permits simultaneous cutting and cautery of tissue, avoiding bleeding and swelling, and minimizing pain. The surgeon in this video, Dr. Jonathan Mitelman, measures the tissue with reference to the position of the epiglottis and tonsillar clefts. The uvula is grasped with Allis forceps, and is marked with the laser. Once the path is marked, a stronger power is used to cut the tissue. Charlie went home the same day. and is breathing happily ever after. Quietly Still images of this procedure and others can be viewed at /blog. Search "soft palate" Thank you for watching. Contact us with any questions. Is your Pug, English Bulldog, French Bulldog, Boston Terrier, Maltese, Shi Tzu or other brachycephalic pet experiencing snorting and breathing problems?
- Pugs, Coughing, Wheezing, and Elongated Soft Palette Pugs are one of the brachycephalic or short faced breeds of dogs with breathing problems. Frankie's surgery shortened her soft palette andopened up her nares.
- Boxer puppy 3 Weeks old mum and pup week 3 Developed in Germany, the Boxer is a breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dog. The coat is smooth and fawn or brindled, with or without white markings. Boxers are brachycephalic (they have broad, short skulls), and have a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism (an underbite), very strong jaws and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey. The Boxer was bred from the Old English Bulldog and the now extinct Bullenbeisser and is part of the Molosser group. Boxers were first exhibited in a dog show for St. Bernards in Munich in 1895, the first Boxer club being founded the next year. Based on 2011 American Kennel Club statistics, Boxers are the seventh most popular breed of dog in the United States for the second year in a row, moving down from sixth where they were ranked for the previous three years.
- Sunny's Story - Diagnosing and caring for a Norwich Terrier dog with brachycephalic syndrome Sunny is my Norwich Terrier. He has been my shadow for the past 7 years, I love him dearly. For the last 2 or 3 years Sunny has had breathing difficulties. We had his chest xrayed and a look down his throat to see what, if anything was wrong. We were told Sunny had a soft pallet. It seems many dogs have this and it should not cause him too many problems. But over time Sunny's breathing did cause him problems. He would breath very loudly, cough, grunt, choke, gag and on occasions stand like a statue and look haunted. This was NOT a fit or cramp. I have since been told it was caused by oxygen starvation. He would get excited at the prospect of going for a walk but once at the gate he would stop and refuse to walk. He either could not or would not go further unless I carried him over the pebbles to get to the sandy beach opposite our house. Once on the beach he would trot along happily. I realise now he just could not get enough oxygen into his body when he had to exert himself. Sunny's breathing deteriorated rapidly over a period of a month. He was given medication for a chest infection (when in fact he did not have one) Sunny got worse not better. In February 2012 we were referred to Dick White Referrals specialist veterinary practice near Cambridge. They discovered Sunny's larynx had collapsed into his trachea. He would not have lived much longer. Following an operation to stitch back half Sunny's larynx he still could not breath. Sunny was fitted with a tracheotomy. It ...
- Sound of a chihuahua snoring Tonight we discovered that our 3 pound, apple head, teacup chihuahua snores like a trucker. I thought only bulldogs, pugs, or other brachycephalic dog breeds snored. Guess I was wrong. The picture is black because it was pitch black when we recorded it.
- The Dinaric / Dinarid facial type Typical examples for the Dinarid facial type, including skulls, from various countries.
- brachycephalic obstructive airway syndrome we took Olive for a short walk. Temperature was about 15 degrees and breezy. This was before her soft palate surgery. We ended up having to carry her and abandoned the walk.
- Brachycephalic Snub nose Breed Respiratory Syndrome Alta Rancho Pet & Bird Hospital Client Education Series-- This video explains the Brachycephalic or Snub Nose Breed Respiratory Syndrome. It covers the causes of the problem as well as therapeutic measures used to improve respiration in these dogs.
- The East Baltic / Baltid facial type some humans from eastern and northern Europe of East Baltic / Baltid / Ostbaltisch / Osteuropid facial type.
- Special Needs of Brachycephalic Breeds Proactive veterinarian Dr. Karen Becker discusses the special needs of Brachycephalic Breeds.
- The Alpine/Alpinid/Ostisch facial type Typical examples for the Alpinid facial type, incl. skulls, from various countries
- How to Walk With a Bulldog I made this short video after watching the first episode of Dogs in the City on CBS last night starring Justin Silver. In the episode Silver replaces the harness on the Bulldog with a Martingale neck collar and instructs the dog's owner to give the dog leash pops (aka corrections) using a quick, snapping motion. The American College of Veterinary Behaviorists advises against collar yanking ( and the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior also advises against the use of punishment ("correction") in behavior modification. Harnesses, rather than neck collars are recommended for brachycephalic dogs such as Bulldogs, Pugs, Pekingese, Boston Terriers and Shi-Tzus. We know that neck collars of various types can cause damage to neck structures and even eye damage, so it is important to teach all dogs how to walk well on a loose leash. There are already good instructional videos on YouTube for learning how to walk your dog on a loose leash without pulling using clicker training. The purpose of this video is to educate owners of brachycephalic dogs that harnesses rather than neck collars should be used with these dogs and to introduce the concept of the "opposition reflex," the tendency of a dog to pull back in resistance when the leash is pulled taut. For more information about the hazards involved with using punishment (aka "correction") in dog training and behavior modification, see the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior Position Statement on the ...
- Rachel Pear: Brachycephalic Dogs Check out this Flip video!
- let's celebrate Bulldogs Cheri Lucas discusses Bulldog care, and what to consider before bringing a Bulldog into your life.
- The wonders of a brachycephalic dog Dunkmaster likes to lick the sweat off of my arms after I finish taekwondo... The only reason I stopped after 8 minutes was because it was getting to be too much, but he would've continued if I'd let him. Highlights include him seeing himself on camera and a little bit of breakdancing. Sorry for the creepy heavy breathing, I'm trying not to laugh so hard that it distracts him. This was posted to cheer up my fiance, but hopefully you'll like it too!
- Will Ferrell presents... Brachycephalic Breeds and Anesthetic Risk This movie has been entered by Sarah1561 into the Xtranormal February 2011 "Make A Movie, Win $1000!" Contest. The Xtranormal movie with the most views wins! To find out more about the contest and how to enter, go to
- Crockett June 21'12 Kennel Cough Crockett, with what has been diagnosed today by the Vet as Kennel cough, on top of being a Pug with Brachycephalic syndrome. Not a happy boy but now he's on meds and on the mend. Plus, the hot humid weather has lifted which hopefully will make a difference ;)
- Thor, a disabled pug, on the Dogtread using an Eddie's Wheels quad cart Thor is euthyroid sick - causing an overall weakness and lack of tone throughout his body. Being an older brachycephalic dog, the owner is looking for alternatives to surgery for suspected cervical problems. On the advice of Upstate Veterinary Specialists in Latham, NY, she ordered a full quad cart from Eddie's Wheels. In this video, working with animal rehabilitation specialist, Erika McElwey, Thor was challenged to use his front legs while supported in the quad cart over a PetZen Dogtread. To our surprise, he voluntarily initiated movement and got therapeutic exercise. In Erika's experience, chronic low thyroid can be very debilitating and neurologically misunderstood. This is not truly neurologic loss - rather it's weakened output. Visit http// to learn about our animal rehabilitation products.
- Brachycephalic eating Struggling between eating and catching your breath. The last scene she walks away to regurgitate food.
- Advanced Vetcare Brachycephalic Obstructive Syndrome Soft palate excision and nares widening in a 2 year old Pug dog
- Hungarians of Taurid facial type I DIDNT MADE THIS VIDEO - I ONLY REUPLOADED BECAUSE ORIGINAL AUTHOR HAVE COMMENTS DISABLED (if you dont like this video blame him not me, i make this video to help ppl make negative or positive comments) Examples for Hungarians of Taurid facial type (a Dinarid subtype), taken from the works of Hungarian anthropologist Dr. István Kiszely.
- Hungarians of Taurid facial type Examples for Hungarians of Taurid facial type (a Dinarid subtype), taken from the works of Hungarian anthropologist Dr. István Kiszely.
- The Sudetisch facial type / Der Sudeten Typus Examples for the so-called Sudeten/Sudetisch facial type from Poland, Czechia and Slovakia. The Sudeten typus in its pure form is mostly dark haired, often black haired, has a short skull with a broad forehead, a concave nose, rather high broad cheek bones, and mainly dark eyes that can sometimes be slightly slanted. In the features of the head and the face, the Sudeten type seems to be related both to Alpinid and the Alföld typus of Hungary, which is of Asiatic origin. The blonde Sudetisch specimens seen at the end of the video are mixed types with East Baltic, Neo-Danubian or Subnordic admixture. The black-and-white photos are old specimens from the German Empire. For more examples of the Sudetisch facial type from todays Germany, watch my Playlist called "Germans of Sudetisch type".
- Persuasive Speech: Brachycephalic Dogs
- Bad pug breeding pug= bad conformation
- Sasha (stenotic nares/elongated soft palate) Sasha is INWPR's latest foster (www.inwpr,net). This is her, "before". In addition to a spay and hernia repair, she had to have her soft palate cut down and her nostrils enlarged so she could breathe. She loves breathing and is really quiet now.
- Puppies Maverick and martini in brachycephalic playtime! He really likes her tail...
- Mum And Puppy WK5 Developed in Germany, the Boxer is a breed of stocky, medium-sized, short-haired dog. The coat is smooth and fawn or brindled, with or without white markings. Boxers are brachycephalic (they have broad, short skulls), and have a square muzzle, mandibular prognathism (an underbite), very strong jaws and a powerful bite ideal for hanging on to large prey. The Boxer was bred from the Old English Bulldog and the now extinct Bullenbeisser and is part of the Molosser group. Boxers were first exhibited in a dog show for St. Bernards in Munich in 1895, the first Boxer club being founded the next year. Based on 2011 American Kennel Club statistics, Boxers are the seventh most popular breed of dog in the United States for the second year in a row, moving down from sixth where they were ranked for the previous three years.
- Hungarians of Turanid type Some modern Hungarians of Turanid facial type. The examples are taken from the works of the Hungarian anthropologist István Kiszely.
- Elwood 5 months old - reverse sneezing My english bulldog demonstrates a common occurrence among dogs...reverse sneezing...also known as inspiratory paroxysmal respiration...which is especially common among those with brachycephalic skulls (a broad & short skull, such as pugs, bull mastiffs, bulldogs, boxer etc)...reverse sneezing is characterized by rapid and repeated forced inhalation through the nose, accompanied by snorting or gagging sounds. Though it may be distressing to the animal, it is not known to be harmful. Most dogs are completely normal before and after episodes. In addition, most dogs will have repeat episodes of reverse sneezing throughout their lives (info sourced from wiki)
- Making assessments of dogs' respiration Making Assessments of Dogs' Respiration has been produced by the Swedish Kennel Club as part of the work in improving health in pedigree dogs. The film illustrates the causes and background to dogs' respiratory problems and the difficulties to adjust the body temperature. The film discusses the signs of affected breathing that a judge may observe. Making Assessments of Dogs' Respiration is a complement to the Breed-Specific Instructions for Judges, BSI.
- The Alföldi facial type / Der Alföld Typus Some examples for the so-called Alföldi type from Hungary, taken from the works of Hungarian anthropologist István Kiszely. The Alföld Typus is a Turanid (mixture of Europoid with Mongoloid) subtype peculiar to Hungary. It is more Europoid than Mongoloid though, and should rather be called Mongoloid-influenced. Lajos Bartucz concluded: "The variation of the Turanid type bound to the soil of our homeland and most certainly developed here is what I had previously referred to as 'Caucasian Mongolid', and which I have named 'Alföldi race' (Homo pannonicus) as of late, as its most typical representatives are found on the great Hungarian Plain and Transdanubia. At the same time, this is the racial type which fits the honouring description of the 'Magyar type', as it is nowhere else in the world to be found in this form". The so-called 'Sudetisch type' from Poland, Czechia and Slovakia seems to be related to the Alföld Typus in head and face features. Watch my other video (see link below) about the "Sudeten Typus" for examples of this facial type. For more Hungarians of Turanid type, watch my Playlist called "Turanian types in Hungary and Turkey".
twitter about brachycephal
- klaralinnea: känslan att möta en all inclusive brachycephal med foderallergi vars djurägare älskar att utfodra med pannkakor
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about brachycephal
“Link: http:///sciencenow/2010/11/neandertal-brains-developed-more.html? brachycephal neanderthals exactly where today live dinaric people (Brachycephal); the”
— Rdos blog,
“Used cars for sale under 500.Ford.I need a car show hi m i n patheti c, but i n prussi an new cars stenoti c brachycephali cs.Where can i list my car for sale of "capaci tate" = rei gn, or can ker”
— used cars for sale 201002, usedcarsjmnp.blog127.fc2.com
“Europe, Middle East & Africa Forum. Asia & Pacific Forum. Help, Suggestions & Complaints. WAFF Documents, Links & Media. Discuss Here”
— WAFF | Greece & Turkey Defence Forum | World's Armed Forces, network54.com
“[Archive] Racial Classification within the White Family eNationalist Wiki (10) Noric: A blond, planoccipital brachycephal frequently encountered in South Germany and elsewhere in central Europe”
— Racial Classification within the White Family [Archive,
“fireboard Forum Component version: 1.0.2. Generated: 16 November, 2010, 19:52. orage teacherless marllike nuke squatmore hymenic subaponeurotic fireboard Forum Component version: 1.0.2. Generated: 16 November, 2010, 19:52. expert exition zoonomy cosignatory bureaucrat fulminous abutting”
— rhinoplasty splint Emeter voltages increased, flashoyunlar.biz
“Racially speaking, she looks like the typical Trans-Caucasus "Alpinoid" (brachycephal, with rounded occiput) with a bit of Baltid mixture. Racially speaking, she looks like the typical Trans-Caucasus "Alpinoid" (brachycephal, with rounded occiput) with a bit of Baltid mixture”
— looking for some Chinese friends - Asia Finest Discussion Forum,
“Personal blog cathodoluminescent albuginea carabinero aortism farseeing chronicity calcavella buckboard's castor pomace dendraxon butter boat brachycephal cursers beamiest antisyphon's unexpired”
— Utility Fog Blog - ::2004 01,
“[Archive] Do modern Europeans partly descend from Neanderthal ? General Genetics that we find brachycephal neanderthals exactly where today live dinaric people (Brachycephal); the only brachycephalic”
— Do modern Europeans partly descend from Neanderthal,