- A combustor is a component or area of a gas turbine, ramjet, or scramjet engine where combustion takes place. In a gas turbine engine, the main combustor or combustion chamber is fed high pressure air by the compression. — “Combustor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of combustor from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of combustor. Pronunciation of combustor. Definition of the word combustor. Origin of the word combustor. — “combustor - Definition of combustor at ”,
- The only way to remove creosote is to burn it off the combustor. To do this, you will temperatures before engaging the combustor, and leave it engaged. — “Care and Replacement Manual for Woodstove Catalytic Combustors”,
- Approved Replacement Catalytic Combustors For All Brands And Models Of EPA-Certified Catalytic Woodstoves. — “Starbrick Stoves Catalytic Combustor”,
- combustor n. A combustion chamber and its igniters, injectors, and other related apparatus in a jet engine or gas. — “combustor: Definition from ”,
- In a gas turbine engine, the main combustor or combustion chamber is fed high pressure air by the compression system and feeds the hot, high pressure exhaust into the turbine components of the engine. In ramjet/scramjet designs, the combustor exhaust is fed directly to the nozzle. — “Combustor”,
- offers the latest EPA Approved combustor Catalytic Technology for wood burning stoves. The CS-200 Series Catalytic Combustor is the first new technology for woodburning appliances in over 25 years. — “stovecombustors”,
- The acoustic waves resonating through the prototype ;pulsating combustor' make it possible for Zinn to obtain virtually complete combustion with almost no excess air'. Says Zinn, I'm not aware of anyone ever getting the results we have. I think we have something unique. — “Ben ZINN -- Stagnation Point Reverse Flow Combustor”,
- Get the full warmth and value out of your catalytic woodstove with an American-made replacement combustor. Every combustor is carefully fabricated to precise dimensions to original manufacturer's. — “Catalytic Combustors - Get More From Your Wood Stove With Our”,
- The ALM TURBINE web site describes ALM's novel, advanced trapped vortex combustor technology, which achieves less than 2 ppm NOx and less than 1 ppm CO and which increases turbine efficiency 2 to 5%. ALM's mission, personnel, contact information. — “ALM Turbine”,
- Unlocking the power of water combustion instead of separating atoms and producing hydrogen gas that can burn (see flame), a water combustor has a reaction causing heat - causing the water to boil and produce superheated steam (as described to me) a reaction. — “WATER COMBUSTOR - Unlocking the power of water combustion”,
- Combustor Manufacturers & Combustor Suppliers Directory - Find a Combustor Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Combustor Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Combustor-Combustor Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- Find the wood stove catalytic combustor replacement you need from a company you trust. Condar offers combustors online. Every Condar combustor is carefully fabricated to precise dimensions in our North Carolina factory, to the original specifications. — “Woodstove Combustors by Condar”,
- A combustor is a component or area of a gas turbine, ramjet or pulsejet engine where combustion takes place. In a gas turbine engine, the main combustor or combustion chamber is fed high pressure air by the compression system and feeds the hot exhaust into the turbine. — “Wikipedia:Combustor - Global Warming Art”,
- Fuel injector bar for a gas turbine combustor - Burrus David Louis - Johnson Arthur Wesley - GENERAL ELECTRIC COMPANY - A combustor including a fuel injection. — “Fuel injector bar for a gas turbine combustor - US 1010945”,
- File:Guide vanes after combustor.svg. The first guide vanes have slits in their leading edge injecting lower temperature gas into the boundary layer. In a gas turbine engine, the main combustor or combustion chamber is fed high pressure air by the compression. — “Combustor - Planes”,
- Ceramic Honeycomb Catalytic Combustor (6" Diameter By 2" Wide wrapped in a stainless steel "can") for Consolidated Dutchwest Wood Stoves (Models 224, ( 1" Probe) Innovative design for accurate measurement of gas temperatures immediately behind a combustor. — “: Combustor”,
- Definition of combustor in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of combustor. Pronunciation of combustor. Translations of combustor. combustor synonyms, combustor antonyms. Information about combustor in the free online English dictionary and. — “combustor - definition of combustor by the Free Online”,
- We manufacture both the ceramic honeycomb as well as the finished catalytic combustor making us the ONLY known source to perform all manufacturing steps at one location. Because of this, we manufacture replacement wood stove combustors for every catalytic wood-burning appliance ever built. — “FireCat™ Combustors by Applied Ceramics, Inc. — Welcome!”,
- combustor (plural combustors) A chamber acting as the furnace in a jet engine or turbine engine, where intense combustion is Retrieved from "http:///wiki/combustor". — “combustor - Wiktionary”,
- Should the combustor's cells become masked with fly-ash, use a paintbrush or soft-bristle brush and dust the combustor gently. Should the combustor become masked with soot or creosote, it is possible to burn the accumulation off by. — “Buck Stove: Frequently Asked Questions”,
- Combustor definition, the apparatus in a ramjet or other jet engine for initiating and sustaining combustion, consisting of the igniter, fuel-injection system, co See more. — “Combustor | Define Combustor at ”,
- Your wood stove is the best source of heat and keeping it operating correctly is extremely important. Your Catalytic Combustor is the heart of your wood stove. — “Everything You Need To Know About Wood Stove Catalytic Combustors”,
- Or, Send them to - combustor@. Feature Articles. Featured I get this question so often that I decided to write this article. It is geared towards the less than avid computer user, but has content that even the most advanced users will find interesting. It will guide you in your decision. — “Main Page - Combustory”,
related videos for combustor
- Combustor Outer Case - Turbine Engines: A Closer Look Viewer mytmousemalibu asked about the bolts penetrating the splitline of the LM1500 outer combustor case, seen in the video "Anti Ice System 2". I believe a video is worth ten thousand words, so here is my answer. I'm also nominating mytmousemalibu for honorary citizenship in Jet City.
- Reynst Combustor 4 Larger intake hole. Another view. It fails to show any thrust.
- Raygun Shootout - Global Winner - DK's Celestial Cell Combustor Congratulations to Denham Kelly AKA DK for winning the Global entry in our non Blender version of the Raygun Competition. We couldn't corner Greg for another video annoucement but he did have this to say about DK's work. "Everything about this weapon is pure class - the silhouette, the engraving and fine detail, the stacked optics and the preposterous barrel. I want one, I just need to convince David Tremont, our head model maker at Weta Workshop to start building it!"
- Pulse Combustor EM Group Pulse Combustor. As board member of the foundation Impuls, trough our research, we contribute substantially to the know-how in combustion technology. We are pleased to have the advantage of lots of enjoyable globally cooperating opportunities in the field of Pulsating Combustion.
- Visual Combustor Design.m4v Video describing my next project that is currently in the design stage.
- Combustor Cans - Turbine Engines: A Closer Look Taking a look at exactly what a "can" is when you are talking about jet engines. You want to know, so have a look at this bit of history. In its day the Orenda type 14 turbojet was the most powerful in the world. Designed and built in Canada, eh! Nothing lasts forever, and the American P&W J57 soon blew everything else out of the water in terms of power, weight, and flexibility... but things were brewing up north... stay tuned.
- G-Faze combustor
- GE Aviation TAPS Combustor Technology (2007) Learn about GE's revolutionary twin-annular pre-swirl (TAPS) combustor, being introduced on the GEnx engine.
- Gas Turbine Combustor Test Testing the combustor I built for my gas turbine engine project. It will be coupled to a large turbo charger.
- Gas turbine combustor (Annular Burner Liner) The combustor chamber is designed to burn a fuel- air mixture and deliver high temperature gases to the turbines. This is an annular burner liner combustor.
- Rotary Cascading Bed Combustor Video Rotary Cascading Bed Combustor Video Contact us: Quality Recycling 104 First Ave E, Suite D Hendersonville, NC 28792 e-mail: recycle@ Toll Free: 1-800-696-2110 Phone: 1-828-696-2111 Fax: 1-828-696-2191
- gas turbine combustor test run Test run of the combustion chamber of the gas turbine project that I'm working on. Fuel is liquid mapp gas. A leaf blower was used to provide forced air. Unfortunately, my tampering with the regulator to increase the fuel flow now results in surging fuel pressure. Also the regulator freezes up very quickly. I redesigned the combustor and made the combustion chamber bigger since this video was made and now runs much better with the flame nearly fully contained. Now I just need to get a turbo and an oil pump from somewhere.
- own built combustor without bypass freshair
- Small scale combustor test Combustor testing for small scale (250CFM) gas turbine.
- Fluidized Bed Combustor My partner and I developed a hopper feeder to integrate into a fluidized bed combustor at SFSU in Spring 2010
- Rolls Royce (1990) RB211 - Type 24C Gas Generator. Including Standard Annular Combustor. Current Condition of Engine: Recently Running, approx 400 hours per month Idle since August 2009 Availability of Engine:Immediately Total Hours Run (TSN):73740 Total Hours since Last Overhaul:32154 Total Starts (SSN):1230 Total Starts since Last Overhaul:495 Date of Last Overhaul:2001 Date of Most Recent Inspection:Sept 2008 - boroscope Inspection Report:Upon Request Engine History:Used offshore for Electrical Power Generation 60hz on BP Miller Platform North Sea Inclusions:Log Book, Maintainance Manuals, Overhaul Reports Item Stored At:Rolls Royce Power Engineering, Unit G35, Wellheads Industrial Centre, Dyce, Aberdeen, AB21 7GA, United Kingdom Please Note:Sale excludes Storage Cradle & Storage Bag in which item is currently held. Purchaser will be required to make own arrangements & provision of the same
- Combustor test The first test firing of the combustion chamber off my gas turbine project. The air was supplied by a small electric blower and gaseous propane was used as a fuel. I had to have the end cover off so I could reach in and agitate the ignition arc to get it going by hand, the 2kV from a microwave transformer produces really nice hot arcs but obviously not long enough to jump two spark plugs. Near the end of the first clip I was waving my hand around in the exhaust because you could feel a distinct hollow cone exhaust pattern which was interesting. It responds very well to rapid throttle changes. The reason why I keep ducking into the frame is because I couldn't actually see what was going on when playing with the throttle valve. Sorry for the strange aspect ratio, the CC is, or was round until uploaded onto youtube, lol
- Troubleshooting Catalytic Woodstoves Combustors© Applied Ceramics, Inc. - FireCat Combustor Video 3
- Playstation Move Heroes - Gameplay 1 - Clank (Combustor) Demo This is the first Playstation Move Heroes Gameplay video, its of a Clank (Combustor) Demo that takes place in Haven City and it was first shown on the floor at GamesCon. Subscribe For All The Latest Playstation Move Heroes News And Other Cool Ratchet And Clank Vids. Follow Me On Twitter For Ratchet And Clank News: Overview: Together for the first time, six of Sony's biggest heroes team up to defeat a mysterious duo in an all new intergalactic adventure. PlayStation®Move Heroes brings three iconic franchises together for the first time in an out of this world intergalactic adventure. Players will test their skills in a host of new and exciting challenges against fiendishly mysterious new adversaries! Explore familiar landscapes from the smash hit franchises Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and Sly Cooper ripped apart and rebuilt for PlayStation®Move Motion Controller mayhem. Take a hold of a whole new arsenal of super powered weapons as you Smash, Hurl, and Shoot your way to freedom! It is developed by Nihilistic Software and published by Sony exclusivly for the ps3, Playstation Move Heroes uses the PlayStation Move. Storyline: An evil force has stolen huge chunks of land from each of the hero's home worlds and enslaved an entire race of peaceful space creatures forcing the heroes to fight against this evil for their own survival. Only when the six of them fight together with their cunning and skill can they defeat this evil force. Key Features - Get ready ...
- Combustor test A brief test of the Rolls Royce Dart combustion chamber now set up for a much larger turbo. I haven't been able to get the large turbo to spool up yet. I need a bigger leaf blower! The ignition is also a lot more violent now, which is due to the fuel injector being rotated from where it used to be relative to the spark plug.
- Reynst Combustor 3 Larger intake hole. Combustion is better sustained.
- Combustor test Tested the combustor design. Fuel is regulated propane @ 15psi, air is from vacuum blower and ignition from car system.
- Reynst Combustor This is one of my first experiments with the jam jar jet. The initial 4g weight is fuel's weight I forgot to reset. Fuel is methanol.
- Reynst Combustor 2 My second Reynst jar. Added an anular air feed perpendicular to the combustor's intake followed by an exaust pipe. So far was unsucessful to run it smoothly.
- DIY Gas Turbine Combustor Testing Continuous combustion fire ball in a DIY small gas turbine combustor with LPG as a fuel for testing. PARA Lab. Chiang Mai University, Thailand.
- Combustor piston engine
- Can Combustor for turbocharger turbine Mk 3 by haßler very hot
- Lab 9 Gas turbine combustor
- Stators, Combustors and Turbines - Turbine Engines: A Closer Look Looking at some of the major components that handle the airflow as it is processed by turbine engine. Some are from a damaged engine we've taken apart, and some are ready to be installed in a fresh one we are assembling. The S&S Turbine Services Ltd. shop is in Jet City, Canada.
- Combustor test 2 Some improvements made on the first run. Half the holes in the primary zone on the flametube were opened up, and fuel flow was increased. Previously I thought I had it running as rich as the flow from the blower would allow, but applying more throttle caused the flame to 'pop' back into the chamber, also dramatically changing colour and temperature. This solved my earlier problem of a very 'centralised' flame, it now fills the entire flametube and burns nice and blue and uniformly near the injector. Sorry again for the video shape. More to come as soon as I sell another arm and a leg!
- Combustor test Testing the combustor, and ignition system. Propane start only.
- Combustor Liners - Turbine Engines: A Closer Look The combustor liner is one of the little known and often misunderstood parts of a jet engine. I talk about design philosophy, and show you a few examples from some different engines.
- Turbojet combustor Combustion chamber from our turbojet engine burning 2.5 cfm of propane.
- Jet Engine Combustor Visualized with CEI's EnSight.
- Aerogas Catalytic Combustor (Submitted as an Idea to the Google Project 10^100) Here's the most affordable anti-smoke belching and fuel-saving device-the Aerogas Catalytic Combustor, a gadget applicable to all internal combustion engine invented by Engineer Marino Martinez from the Philippines. Aerogas contains chemical compounds that increase oxygen and hydrogen level during combustion. It decreases or reduces oxidation or the combination of poisonous substances like carbons (CO and CO2) and sulfur (SO2) to oxygen. As a result, perfect combustion occurs that: 1. Eliminates Smoke Belching to up to 95% 2. Increases Engine Efficiency and allows you to save 30% fuel 3. Maximizes engine power 4. Prevents Carbon & Sulfur deposit in the engine to lower maintenance costs. This is the great solution to global warming and the increasing cost of fuel!
- Aerogas Catalytic Combustor Aerogas Catalytic Combustor (Google Project 10tothe100th Idea) Here's the most affordable anti-smoke belching and fuel-saving device-the Aerogas Catalytic Combustor, a gadget applicable to all internal combustion engine invented by Engineer Marino Martinez from the Philippines. Aerogas contains chemical compounds that increase oxygen and hydrogen level during combustion. It decreases or reduces oxidation or the combination of poisonous substances like carbons (CO and CO2) and sulfur (SO2) to oxygen. As a result, perfect combustion occurs that: 1. Eliminates Smoke Belching to up to 95% 2. Increases Engine Efficiency and allows you to save 30% fuel 3. Maximizes engine power 4. Prevents Carbon & Sulfur deposit in the engine to lower maintenance costs. This is the great solution to global warming and the increasing cost of fuel!
- Trapped Vortex Combustor - CH4 molar concentration Click to add a description...
- Home Made Gas Turbine- Combustor TEST1 Gas turbine combustor working on propane... Rich mixture... Flame holder 1
- Small combustor tests This is a test of our jet engine with a small combustion chamber. The engine worked, but didn't produce the power we wanted, so we ended up going with a large combustion chamber and finally got the formula right.
- turboprop combustor and nozel guide vane assy this is a quick video of my current combustor and nozel guide vane assy
- Hundertwasser municipal waste combustor Wien/Austria This little video shows the Hundertwasser municipal waste combustor which is standing in the center of Wien/Austria. The video is filmed with Panasonic Lumix GH1 in HD (1280x720p, 50 Frames/second).
twitter about combustor
- combustor: Hear @economicimpact talk abt this! RT @DanSpehler: Gas Prices Jump To $4.15 In Parts of TriState :: LOCAL 12 WKRC-TV in Cincinnati
- etheltbump: catalytic combustor for wood stove at http://ping.fm/NUhDu #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #sale #discount
- etheltbump: wood stove catalytic combustor at http://ping.fm/O6Ckz #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #sale #discount
- combustor: RT @BronxZoosCobra: Could I convince you to release one more thing today @BarackObama? #helpasnakeout
- combustor: RT @BorowitzReport: Poll: One out of Five Americans Does Not Believe Obama Exists: http://bit.ly/bkGMRJ
- combustor: @petersagal I heard Obama hangs out with little blue men. #smurfers
- KittyLikesTuna: @combustor Lol that was actually my physical chemistry professor. The real number wasn't so important, just the magnitude :)
- combustor: RT @cincinnatireds: Votto walks in the fourth inning and has reached base safely in all 24 games this season, 10 shy of the club record to being a season.
- wolfstoves: Ceramic Honeycomb (CC-001) Catalytic Combustor (6" Diameter By 2" Wide wrapped in a stainless… http://goo.gl/fb/nUcdI
- combustor: @planetmoney Curious if you'd do a podcast on the economics if having two engines for the JSF. Thx!
- AlstomJobs: Alstom: Component Owner Combustor (m/f) Gas Turbine Reconditioning ( #Birr , CHE) http://bit.ly/erSZbi #alstomjobs #Jobs #Job #TweetMyJOBS
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about combustor
“ conventional fuel (JP-4 in combustor and afterburner) compared to the in combustor and afterburner) compared to the J-93 GE-3 using conventional fuel (JP-4 in combustor and”
— Print Page - Pratt & Whitney J-91 vs General Electric J-93 GE,
“Combustor – In the combustor the air is mixed with fuel and then ignited. airflow coming out of the combustor goes into the turbine, causing”
— Friday Fly of the Week: Matching Jetz " ActionJetz News and,
“It's an "inlet temp" because it is the gas coming from the combustor into the turbine. The gas inside the combustor can reach 2000degC and must be cooled”
— FTIT movement :: F-16.net, f-16.net
“with catalytic combustor. I wonder how often they have. to be cleaned burning soft woods? catalytic combustor for 4 years, it's a great system and the catalytic combustor does its”
— Country Life - Discussion Forum,
“Mechanical Engineering Forum: Viewing image can_combustor_assembled.jpg - Mechanical Engineering Forum a CAD drawing of a simple can combustor I'm designing to put into operation”
— Viewing image can_combustor_assembled.jpg - Mechanical, mechanical-engineering.in
“The AirZone Blog. The latest news on air pollution, clean energy and emissions control EPA Finalizes Revisions to the 2005 Hazardous Waste Combustor NESHAP Rule”
— EPA Finalizes Revisions to the 2005 Hazardous Waste Combustor,
“valveless index Forum index. Bruno has informed me of this Lockwood, et al, patent, US3498063, Multiple-Combustor Pulse Jet Engine US3498063, Multi-Combustor PJ Engine Structure - Lockwood (_ Re:US3498063, Multi-Combustor PJ Engine”
— US3498063, Multi-Combustor PJ Engine Structure - Lockwood, pulse-
“How to guide for fireplaces and wood burning stoves. Read The Log Rack blog for fireplace tips. Wood stoves and pellet stove information”
— The Log Rack Blog Fireplace and Wood Stove Tips,