- http:///predator-gotabhaya-rajapakse,37303.html ^ http:///predator-gotabhaya-rajapakse,37303.html ^ http:///press-freedom-index-2009,1001.html ^ "Gotabaya 'gave me passport'". BBC News. January 25, 2008. http://www. — “Gotabhaya Rajapaksa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Following is the full text of the statement issued by the Secretary to the Ministry of Defence, Public Security, Law and Order, Mr. Gotabhaya Rajapakse: Statement By The Defence Secretary, Gotabhaya Rajapaksa (Read full in Sri Lanka Defence Ministry). — “Latest News from Sri Lanka on LTTE Tamil Tiger Terrorists”, spur.asn.au
- As opposition grows to the government's plan to evict 66,000 families from Colombo's shanties, Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapakse has falsely claimed that alternative housing would be provided. — “Top Sri Lankan official defends mass eviction plans”,
- News Image 9927 - Gotabhaya Rajapakse is the target of todays bomb blast in Colombo. Friday, 1 December 2006 - 11:44 AM SL Time - Some news pictures are worth a million words. Secretary Defence Hon. Gotabhaya Rajapakse is the target of today`s colombo bomb blast. Post a reply to this. — “Gotabhaya Rajapakse is the target of todays bomb blast in”,
- Basil and Gotabhaya purchased two US $ 14 million houses from California, says Rathnathilaka (2007 August 11, 8.00 AM) United National Party (UNP) parliamentarian Mahinda Rathnathilaka The MP further said that Gotabhaya Rajapakse is now building a hotel in the forest reserve between the Sri. — “ | Basil and Gotabhaya purchased two US”,
- Sri Lankan Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa has denied reports that the government is forming an "alliance" with the "rump" of the Tamil Tigers. Gotabhaya Rajapaksa (l) says he is eager to work with the Tamil diaspora ". — “BBC News - Sri Lanka denies deal with 'rump Tamil Tigers'”,
- President Mahinda Rajapaksa on his visit to Killinochchi with defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, Army Commander General Sarath Fonseka and field commanders-May 2009-pic.dailynews.lk Looks like Gotabhaya & Sarath may have to soon renounce US citizenship & permanent residence status. — “transCurrents: Why is Gota, JVP, JHU & Bogollagama in panic”,
- gotabhaya Sri Lankan Streaming video online sinhala movies srilankan videos clips teledrams watch online free deranatv rupavahini swaranavahini sirasatv adaderana derana itn itntv col3neg col3negmovies col3nego. — “ - Click and Watch Sri Lankan Videos - gotabhaya”,
- Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa stressed that the Government cannot let the LTTE to surrender to a third party and emphasised that LTTE should be made to surrender only to the Government of Sri Lanka. to an outside party," Gotabhaya Rajapaksa said speaking to the `. — “Security News | Sundayobserver.lk - Sri Lanka”, sundayobserver.lk
- Gotabhaya outbursts against UN, International investigations Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, the Sri Lankan defence secretary and the brother of the SL president, in an exclusive interview to the BBC on Tuesday, opposed any international investigation on war crimes during the final stage of the war. — “TamilNet: 04.02.10 Gotabhaya outbursts against UN”,
- Sri Lanka President immediately reinstates Gotabhaya as the Defense Secretary Nov 22, Colombo: Sri Lanka President reinstated Gotabhaya Rajapaksa as the Secretary to the Ministry of Defense for his second term. — “Sri Lanka President immediately reinstates Gotabhaya as the”,
- They are living in unauthorized buildings and mostly occupy property belonging to the government, Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa stated. a lot of these unauthorized structures are in very valuable land in Colombo, so we need to make use of those properties, Gotabhaya Rajapaksa said. — “Sri Lanka News-Adaderana-Truth First - VIDEO: Half of Colombo”, adaderana.lk
- The latest news on Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, from thousands of sources worldwide. High-quality photos, articles, blog posts, quotes, and more. — “Gotabhaya Rajapaksa - News, photos, topics, and quotes”,
- The island's defense secretary Gotabhaya Rajapakse said on Thursday told a TV program that the government would never "allow terrorism to raise its Gotabhaya, an ex-Colonel in the Sri Lankan Army and the brother of Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse, said "We will not allow terrorism ever. — “Over 6,000 Sri Lankan gov't soldiers killed in last 3 years”,
- Sri Lanka's Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa has denied the claim made by one of the two suspects in the Pune German Bakery blast case that he. — “Blast suspects did not receive training in Sri Lanka' | Lanka”,
- The threat has been issued by the country's powerful Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa, the brother of President Mahinda Rajapaksa [ Images ], who said Fonseka would be hanged if he deposed before any investigation into the alleged war crimes. — “Fonseka could be hanged: Sri Lanka - India News”,
- Could the opposition leaders give such letters to check their accounts in banks," Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa said, addressing a special Presidential polls propaganda meeting at the Town Hall, Ambalangoda, recently. the war, to the surprise of the whole world, Gotabhaya Rajapaksa said. — “The Island-News”, island.lk
- Most relaible news from Sri Lanka War of Sri Lanka Politics of Sri Lanka Latest Local World Sports Popular Entertainment News with the State taking control of it.The present defence secretary Mr Gotabhaya Rajapaksha is the chairman of the lanka hospital. — “Apollo Hospital changed its name to Lanka Hospitals”,
related videos for gotabhaya
- Gotabhaya draws parallels among business, life and battles The country at this vital juncture needs planning with foresight and confidence. Each one of us should work together while putting country before self, said Sri Lankas Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa while addressing top businessmen at the Business Today Top Ten awards ceremony .
- Gotabhaya's Statement Aimed at diverting World Attention: Karunanidhi For More news... puthiyathalaimurai.tv
- sri lanka gotabhaya his army and executions of tamils (22) Photos allege Sri Lanka massacre of tamils by the army -
- Sri Lanka Thulaawa with Mr Gotabhaya Rajapakse part 10
- Gotabhaya Rajapakse on BBC : Feb 2, 2010 Defence Secretary's exclusive interview with BBC on 02nd Feb 2010
- Sri Lankan Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Interview (part 1)
- Derana News 12 03 2009 Recovered Tiger weapons enough to two armies: Gotabhaya The weapons recovered from the LTTE by the security forces so far are enough to arm two armies.
- Sri Lanka Thulaawa with Mr Gotabhaya Rajapakse part 13
- SkyNews PTK hospital, legitimate military target Gotabhaya Sampanthan accuses SL government of false propaganda [TamilNet, Tuesday, 17 February 2009, 19:21 GMT] "A news black-out of Sri Lanka Government's slaughter of Tamils through indiscriminate artillery barrage and bombings prevails, while the International media is publishing false information spread by Colombo," said Tamil National Alliance (TNA) parliamentary group leader, R. Sampanthan, in a press meet attended by a large number of local and international journalists Tuesday afternoon in Sri Lanka parliamentary complex, sources in Colombo said. R. Sampanthan (middle of the image), the parliamentary group leader of the Tamil National Alliance (TNA)."More than 2000 Tamils have been killed while more than 4500 injured in Vanni due to the unrelenting attacks by the three armed forces of Sri Lanka government in the recent past," Sampanthan said. "This is but a deliberate and systematic genocide of the Tamils," he said and added that the bodies of the killed innocent Tamils lie along streets unattended. Sampanthan pointed out that there is no medicine in Vanni for the people injured in the indiscriminate attacks by the government armed forces. "The government spreads false information that the Liberation Tigers are killing the Tamils flee the war-zone in Vanni while it is the armed forces of the government which are killing the Tamils in Vanni. Why should the Tigers kill the Tamils who have been living with them all these years?" he asked. "The government does not permit even ...
- Gotabhaya Rajapaksa Suffers Heat Attack - Fake News ? Gotabhaya Rajapaksa suffers heart attack and taken to Singapore for treatments lankaenews sinhala - lankaenews English - Rupavahini News (18th of January) pavahini.lk ITN news www.itnnews.lk
- Devil reading from scriptures, Jayalalitha derides Gotabhaya
- Gotabhaya | Federica | Dog Interview with Federica Janz - Editor, The Sunday Leader - Protest in Lipton Circle, Colombo
- Sri Lanka -DEF. SEC. GOTABHAYA RAJAPAKSE ASSURES PROTECTION TO BUSINESS FRATERNITY 19-9-2011 DEFENCE SECRETARY ASSURES PROTECTION TO BUSINESS FRATERNITY Posted on 19 September 2011. Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa has assured to eliminate the underworld and money extorting gangs and protect the business community. He appealed to the business community to inform if they encountered any problems. The Defence Secretary was speaking during a discussion with the Colombo business fraternity to identify their problems.The Defence Secretary said they had already eliminated the underworld in every sector. It had become a major problem. He said the Government had done its utmost to deploy the Police and if necessary the forces to provide full protection This process will continue in future. He requested the business community to inform them if there were any shortcomings. The Defence Secretary gave a one hundred percent assurance to wipe out those who extort money and goods from businessmen. It was the responsibility of the Government. Mr. Rajapaksa assured the businessmen to carry on with their activities without any influence. The Defence Secretary was responding to complaints received from businessmen that there were some groups which broke open containers in which possessed goods imported by them. He underscored the need for the support of the public to prevent such illegal operations. Initiatives taken to develop the Colombo City and uplift civilian life were revealed at this meeting. The discussion took place at the Defence Ministry. Parliamentarians Thilanga ...
- Sri Lankan Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Interview (part 2) 2007/08/20 Sri Lankan Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Interview (part 1)
- sri lanka gotabhaya his army and executions of tamils (9) Photos allege Sri Lanka massacre of tamils by the army -
- Gotabhaya: PTK hospital, legitimate military target.... idiot No hospital should operate outside the Safety Zone...everything beyond the safety is a legitimate target," Sri Lanka's Defense Secretary, Gotabaya Rajapakse tells the Skynews, admitting to the culpability of Sri Lanka Army (SLA) shelling Puthukkudiyiruppu hospital.
- Sri Lanka - GOVERNMENT DEDICATED TO SAFETY OF CITIZENS - Gotabhaya Rajapaksa 24-8-2011 GOVERNMENT DEDICATED TO SAFETY OF CITIZENS -- DEFENCE SECRETARY Posted on 24 August 2011. Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa has emphasized that the Government is dedicated to ensuring the safety of all citizens. He underlined that no one would be permitted to take the law into their hands. The Defence Secretary was addressing Muslim religious leaders at the Defence Ministry. Opportunistic Groups were attempting to create disturbances in various parts of the country sabotaging development. The Defence Secretary stressed that the Government was not prepared to leave any room for such events. He pointed out that the security sectors have been instructed to take dire action against those who take the law into their hands. He noted that neither the Government nor the security forces had any connection to the incidents of mythical 'Grease Devils'. The Defence Secretary underlined that there was no need for the Government to launch such ferocious activities at a time when the peaceful country was being developed after routing terrorism. He rejected rumours being spread by certain segments of society that these incidents involving monsters are organized by the government with the intention of extending the Emergency. He said it was the President who announced that he was prepared to lift the Emergency. The President's desire was to see that the people lived in a peaceful environment. This clearly indicates that these rumours are baseless. Several lives had been lost due to ...
- Sri lanka has been ruled by 4 Ruthless Brothers Mahinda, Don Alwin, Basil ,Gotabhaya Rajapaksa Sri lanka has been ruled by 4 Ruthless Brothers Mahinda, Don Alwin, Basil , Gotabhaya Rajapaksa
- Mr. Gotabhaya Rajapaksha visit in Mannar 30/08/08 (wravinda Mr. Gotabhaya Rajapaksha, accompanied by the Chief of Defence Staff, Air Marshal Donald Perera and the Commander of the Navy, Vice Admiral Wasantha Karannagoda, visited Mannar
- Def. Sec. Gotabhaya Rajapaksa pledges new houses for shanty dwellers 26-9-2011 Defence Secretary pledges new houses for shanty dwellers Posted on 25 September 2011. The best investment that can be made for shanty dwellers in Colombo is to build them comfortable homes. Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa stated that the government has a clear programme in this connection. The Defence Secretary called on the people not to be duped by false propaganda. He said that people will not be moved to different locations. He called on them to convey this information to their friends and family members. He said that a change has to be brought about in Colombo and the residents should support that programme. He expressed these views while addressing a meeting held to raise awareness in the Colombo residents about the programme launched by the government to build new houses for shanty dwellers and development in Colombo. Six housing projects will be completed in the next three years for their benefit. The Defence Secretary pointed out that this would provide new houses for 30000 families. A massive crowd had gathered for the meeting held at the Sugathadasa Indoor Stadium and a large number had to stay outside due lack of space. Parliamentarian Duminda Silva organized the meeting. He said that that UNP that lacks a planned programme should not be brought into power at the Municipal Council. He stressed that the government will not risk the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in the Colombo District. The Municipal Council will have to fulfill all its duties ...
- gotabhaya : you are either with us or against us Gotabhaya Rajapakse, Sri Lankas Defence Secretary speaks to BBC. A Sinhala transcript of the interview is available here:
- BBC News | Gotabhaya Rajapaksa: Sri Lanka north 'not just for Tamils' Courtesy:
- Gotabhaya Rajapakse on Al Jazeera President Mahinda Rajapaksa will have talks with other political parties to implement constitutional changes, Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa, who is also a brother of the President said in an interview with Al Jazeera television.
- Sri Lanka news BBC Hard Talk with Gotabhaya.& Sunday leader Rimanded
- Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa testifies.wmv
- Gotabhaya visits "Deyata Kirula" Exhibition: 09-Feb-2008 The "Deyata Kirula" National Development and Education Exhibition is attracting large crowds. It is being held at the BMICH premises. Today is the third day of the exhibition. The exhibition showcases the development projects that are being implemented in the country and the development, which is on the cards under the 10 year programme. Various cultural pageants, art competitions and advisory services are highlights of the exhibition, which has about 200 stalls. A media zone is also operative. The visitors are afforded the opportunity at the Independent Television Network media booth, of securing a live experience on how programmes are presented. The national identity is mandatory to enter the exhibition grounds. Food and drink are available at reasonable rates. A special transport service is in place for the convenience of the visitors. A notable feature is the inclusion of several new features at the exhibition than last year. Knowledge and entertainment can be obtained with the contribution of public and private establishments. The visitors have highly appreciated these contributions. There are large crowds at the grounds. Meanwhile, President's Secretary Lalith Weeratunge, Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapakse and Chiefs of the Armed Forces visited the exhibition. The Defence Secretary and Chief of Defence Staff Air Chief Marshal Donald Perera, Army Commander Lt. Gen. Sarath Fonseka, Air Force Commander Air Marshal Roshan Gunatillake and Navy Commander Vice Admiral ...
- Sri Lanka Thulaawa with Mr Gotabhaya Rajapakse part 11
- SrI Lanka Defence Secratary Gotabhaya Rajapakse Interview 2009-01-15 GR slams Sirasa Tv.. nice..
- Sri Lanka Thulaawa with Mr Gotabhaya Rajapakse Part 12
- Sri Lanka News/We Should honour them -Gotabhaya Rajapakse News
- sri lanka defence secretary gotabhaya rajapaksa ordered executions of surrendering tamils (11) Classified By: Ambassador Robert O. Blake, Jr., for reasons 1.4(b, d) 1. (S) SUMMARY: Allegations of government complicity in crimes committed by organized paramilitary groups have mounted in the last year. Paramilitaries such as the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)-breakaway Karuna group and Eelam People's Democratic Party (EPDP) have helped the Government of Sri Lanka (GSL) to fight the LTTE, to kidnap suspected LTTE collaborators, and to give the GSL a measure of deniability. The GSL, which denies any links to paramilitary groups, has recently touted its efforts to improve its human rights record, such as the re-publication of procedures on arrests and detentions and the appointment of a "One-Man Commission" to investigate reported disappearances (ref C). However, these efforts so far appear aimed more at improving Sri Lanka's image abroad and have yet to produce concrete improvements in the human rights situation. Outside the capital, the incidence of human rights abuses has continued, including extrajudicial killings, abductions, child trafficking, extortion, and prostitution. President Rajapaksa's government, strapped for cash, has cut direct payments to paramilitaries initiated by former President Kumaratunga and instead turns a blind eye to extortion and kidnapping for ransom by EPDP and Karuna. While many of the charges against the government have been made in public fora, a growing number of trusted Embassy contacts, often at personal ...
- sri lanka gotabhaya his army and executions of tamils (2) Photos allege Sri Lanka massacre of tamils by the army -
- We always considered the battle as a humanitarian operation, Gotabhaya tells LL&RC Though most critics talked about the war in Sri Lanka no one spoke of the hardships the armed forces had to undergo to defeat the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), said Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa during his submissions to the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Committee (LL&RC) in Colombo today...
- Gotabhaya's involvement in agitation against UN irks foreign missions "Gotabhaya's involvement in agitation against UN irks foreign missions" Sinhala journalists concerned on freedom of speech released recorded evidence of verbal abuse by the Sri Lankan Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa against the police officers providing security to the UN Compound on Tuesday, raising questions on Rajapaksa brothers involvement in triggering protest against the UN. Meanwhile, the heads of foreign missions in Sri Lanka from Germany, UK, USA, France, Italy, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Romania, Norway and EU delegation on Friday issued a statement saying that they were dismayed by the blockade of the UN-compound in Colombo and the role played in it by a government minister.
- sri lanka gotabhaya his army and executions of tamils (7) Photos allege Sri Lanka massacre of tamils by the army -
- Interview with Gotabhaya Rajapaksa - GossipLankaNews.lk Defence secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa has told BBC it is not appropriate to view the north of the country, over which a separatist war was fought, as a predominantly Tamil area
- sri lanka gotabhaya his army and executions of tamils (13) Photos allege Sri Lanka massacre of tamils by the army -
- Half of Colombo population in shanties -- Gotabhaya Approximately 75000 families, which is half the population within the Colombo city limits are without houses and are living in shanty houses. They are living in unauthorized buildings and mostly occupy property belonging to the government, Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa stated.
- Sri Lanka Military Says End to Civil War Close Sri Lanka's military said it captured the Tamil Tigers' seventh and final airstrip Tuesday, effectively grounding their tiny air force and edging troops closer to ending Asia's longest-running civil war. (Feb. 3)
- Sri Lanka Def Sec Gotabhaya Explodes Again at BBC Interview Feb 2, 2010 Sri Lanka Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapakse speaking in furious emotions to BBC interviewer dismissed international call for war crimes investigations into the final stage of war against LTTE in May 2009. He denied any war crime charges and accusations from anywhere in the world, regardless whether they origin from United Nations or any other country. He will never allow any (war crimes) investigations in Sri Lankan neither will he allow security officer to send to war investigation because there is no reason to have investigations. The needs of the moment are not investigations but development, bring peace to the country and national reconciliation. It is also not the public's interest to have investigations on war against terrorism. Defence secretary When BBC asked whether LTTE is finished, he answered "yes". BBC asked any chance of regrouping of LTTE? He said any group can regroup he will not allow. Mean while Tamil Net reports: Referring to Gotabhaya Rajapakse's interview to the BBC Tuesday where Mr Rajapakse said that he would not allow any war crimes investigation in Sri Lanka, Professor Francis Boyle, an expert in International Law and a professor of Law at the University of Illinois College of Law said, "Defense Secretary Rajapaksa has now publicly and definitively ruled out any investigation of war crimes by the Government of Sri Lanka. And he is a government official acting within the scope of his official duties so that his statement binds the State of Sri ...
twitter about gotabhaya
- newsfirst_en: People cannot be penalized without a proper process. - Gotabhaya Rajapaksa : http://t.co/hOdEc3ZD : #newsfirst.lk
- Leonine111: Gotabhaya Rajapakse orders to dismantle Chief Justice’s security detail : Aluthkade protests banned
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about gotabhaya
“Daily Mirror, Colombo Troops capture key LTTE jetty on Mannar-Kilinochchi boundary Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa yesterday expressed confidence that t”
— Kilinochchi will fall this year: Gota - ,
“COLOMBO: A STRING of rapid military successes over the LTTE, starting with the capture of Kilinochchi on January 2, Elephant Pass on January”
— | Prabhakar's Blog, prabhakargudivada.blog.co.in
“LTTE wanted a huge Tamileelam state: Gotabhaya. Full story: . Mar 22; The See all threads in the World News forum " Related Topix Forums: Sri Lanka, Asia, US”
— LTTE wanted a huge Tamileelam state: Gotabhaya - Topix,
“Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA) is a membership-based regional human rights organization in Asia and presently, it has 42 member organisations across Asia. It was founded following a consultation among human rights and”
— Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development - Sri Lanka, forum-
“Ingredients: (for Green Curry Paste) 8 small fresh green chilies 1 teaspoon caraway seeds 3 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon ground turmeric 2 stalks fresh lemon srishopping : ( http:///blog/sri-lanka-blog/video-half-of-colombo-population-in-shanties--gotabhaya/ ) #srilanka 12:03:45 PM”
— Creamy Chicken and Basil Curry,
“by Gotabhaya. SLMC to boycott crucial Muslim Parliamentarians Forum. 2. 4 years 40 weeks ago by Gotabhaya. TRO Staff kidnapped on the way to Vanni. 19. 4 years 42 weeks ago. by moderator”
— Rule of Law | Asian Tribune,
“Rohitha Bogollagama Parliment Election Campaign 2010 It was clear that something was brewing up and for the westerners who had wanted to take revenge from President Mahinda Rajapaksa and the Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa for killing Prabhakaran it was a God given opportunity”
— Global Tamil Forum and Fonseka – New weapons of the west, 220.127.116.11
“LTTE wanted a huge Tamileelam state: Gotabhaya. Full story: . Mar 22; The See all threads in the US Military forum " Related Topix Forums: World News, Sri Lanka,”
— LTTE wanted a huge Tamileelam state: Gotabhaya - Topix,
related keywords for gotabhaya
similar for gotabhaya
- sri lanka
- defence secretary
- gotabhaya rajapaksa
- the army
- mahinda rajapaksa
- free encyclopedia
- tamil tigers
- in may
- president of sri lanka
- press freedom
- critical journalists
- lankan army
- sri lankan news
- sri lankans
- army chief
- sarath fonseka
- the times of india
- said she
- she met
- welikada prison
- the defence
- suicide bomber
- suicide attack
- vehicle convoy
- senior member
- bomb blast in colombo
- member profile
- gotabaya rajapakse
- sri lanka news
- news updates
- former minister
- minister of trade
- political party
- from california
- mahinda rajapakse
- the minister
- foreign tours