- In linguistics, a homonym is, in the strict sense, one of a group of words that share the same spelling and the same pronunciation but have different meanings (in other words, are both homographs and homophones), usually as a result of the words having different origins. — “Homonym - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of HOMONYM. 1. a : homophone b : homograph c : one of two or more words spelled and pronounced alike but different in meaning (as the noun quail and the verb. — “Homonym - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Definition of homonym in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of homonym. Pronunciation of homonym. Translations of homonym. homonym synonyms, homonym antonyms. Information about homonym in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “homonym - definition of homonym by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Context sensitive Homonym Dictionary, eliminates homonym errors. Now select correct homonym based on context. Homonym context dictionary resides in your word processor. — “Context Sensitive Homonym Dictionary virtually eliminates”,
- Top questions and answers about Homonym. Find 76 questions and answers about Homonym at Read more. — “Homonym - ”,
- Shop for Homonym. Price comparison, consumer reviews, and store ratings on . — “Homonym - - Product Reviews, Compare Prices, and Shop at”,
- Encyclopedia article of homonym at compiled from comprehensive and current sources. — “Homonym encyclopedia topics | ”,
- Homonym music profile on Yahoo! Music. Find lyrics, free streaming MP3s, music videos and photos of Homonym on Yahoo! Music. — “Homonym on Yahoo! Music”,
- homonym (plural homonyms) (semantics) (strict sense) A word that both sounds and is spelled the same as another word but has a different meaning. Homonyms are divided into the two overlapping subcategories homographs and homophones. — “homonym - Wiktionary”,
- Homonym, homophone, homograph. If you look at noders' writeups for these three words, and the Webster 1913 definitions, and then some other dictionary that you trust more (in my case, any that I wouldn't burn on the spot), you'll find we have considerable confusion on these terms. — “[email protected]”, everything2.com
- Homonym: One of two or more words that have the same sound and often the same spelling but differ in meaning, such as bank (embankment) and bank (place where money is kept). — “homonym - definition and meaning from Wordnik”,
- In linguistics, a homonym is one of a group of words that share the same spelling or pronunciation (or both) but have different meanings. The state of being a homonym is called homonymy. Examples of homonyms are stalk (which can mean either part. — “Homonym | ”,
- A community about homonym. Tag and discover new products. Share your images and discuss your questions with homonym experts. — “: homonym”,
- Myspace profile for Homonym with pictures, videos, personal blog, interests, information about me and more. — “MySpace - Homonym - 34 - Male - PORTLAND, OREGON - myspace”,
- This is simply a long list of homonyms arranged in alphabetical order. It takes awhile to load, but would be useful to show students when studying homonyms. — “Alan Cooper's Homonym List”,
- Homonym, homophone, and homograph designate words that are identical to other words in spelling or pronunciation, or both, while differing from them in meaning and usually in origin. Homonyms are, in the strictest sense, both homophones and homographs, alike in spelling. — “Homonym | Define Homonym at ”,
- Homonyms - Definition of 'Homonyms' from our glossary of English linguistic and grammatical terms containing explanations and cross-references to other relevant English grammar terms. — “Homonyms - Glossary Definition - ”,
- Homonym is about family and one man's search, full of touching portraits of a man in a world not his own, where his brothers are dying daily. In Homonym, Edward DeBonis reveals an uncannily beautiful, lyrical and caring voice especially as he confronts the AIDS plague. — “HOMONYM”,
- homonym n. One of two or more words that have the same sound and often the same spelling but differ in meaning, such as bank (embankment) and bank. — “homonym: Definition from ”,
- - Reviews, Site Info, Traffic Stats and Related Links from Alexa. The rank is calculated using a combination of average daily visitors to and pageviews on over the past 3 months. — “ Site Info”,
related videos for homonym
- HomeGrown Buds: Homonym Spelling Bee Ross Cabrio hosts the first ever homonym spelling bee with special guest Austin Bullock.
- G1-LA-Homonym clothes game Fun ideas and activities for primary school learning.
- Zoom Zinger - Homonyms (Version 2) Yet another homonym game. I recall doing this as an assignment back in 8th grade, and my friends provided the most hilarious homonyms I've ever heard. I'd love to tell you folks what they were, but it may be too explicit for most. HA!
- 同音異義語に要注意 - Be careful of Homonyms Just a little Japanese homonym fun. Waigugi:
- Strange and Bizarre Numbers 01/24/09: Weekly Address. Numbers. What does it all mean? Amazing or not? Why did the Olympics in Beijing start on August 8, 2008 at 8:08:08 pm? Is it true that the number 8 is homonym for to make money? Happy Valentines Day, valentines smoochies
- SMART Table Activity - Categorizing Objects The SMART Table is theworlds first multitouch, multiuser table for primary education. In this table activity Categorizing Objects students work on a series of touch exercises in the tables Multiple Choice, Media and Hot Spots applications. Teachers can use this activity to help students learn about putting things in particular categories. The Categorizing Objects activity is built for Science studies for primary students in grades K-3. /table
- Homonyms & You! Funny short take for English class about billy and his problem with commonly misused words.
- Polish vs. Polish Homonym Homonym Homonym
- homonyms Ipod video on homonyms
- The Home Front-Episode One "Ad Homonym" In which Rosie joins the group and a darkly humorous misunderstanding threatens to upset the group's delicate balance. The first installment of The Home Front" view more at TheHomeFront.TV
- homonym [09/08/2008 at 12:55PM] one of a group of words pronounced or spelt in the same way but having different meanings. Compare homograph, homophone
- homonym of gags ........................
- Ultimate Homonym Movie
- Homonyms | Learn English | Confusing Words Extras: There are certain words in English that are confusing because we spell them the same, they sound the same, but they don't mean the same things. These words are called homonyms. Saw is a homonym, as is rose, and countless others. This video lesson introduces some of these homonyms and helps with your understanding and pronunciation. You will never again be confused by the verb to tire or the noun, tire (or tyre). | Learn English online using Skype: I also give online English classes by Skype. You can find out more by visiting If you want to learn English quickly and easily, I invite you to take classes with me online using Skype. You can improve your writing, too, with my English writing course. As a professional writer, I will guide you through the writing process, step by step, until you are able write with an effectiveness that will get you noticed. Improve your English writing and you improve your prospects of success in all areas of your life. The course is a series of writing assignments designed to take you through all aspects of writing in English. You will learn all about sentence and paragraph structure, punctuation, outlining, introductions and conclusions, topic sentences and more. By the end of the course, you will be writing high-impact prose that will help you achieve the success you deserve in your business or academic life. Do you have a strong non-English accent when speaking English? Would ...
- Homonyms video i made for school Just a little video i made for school. Not meant to be perfect, (i made this at 2:30 in the morning... i got 3 hours of sleep and then it turned out my presentation got bumped back a day... Dissappointing
- Homonym-Take me away with you
- Homonym_it's or_its.avi Homonyms: it's or its
- playing an unknown homonym record of 1982 Few months ago someone called me asking me if i was interested to buy a record of mine that he found in a second hand store... a 7" of 1982...But it was a record of an homonym "Andrea Gabriele" titled "Io amo te" :) Cheesy italian pop of the '80s. I bought it today :) and i found interesting sounds on it!
- The Homonym Song A song created with many triple homonyms - groups of three words that are spelled differently but sound basically the same. (Written when I was teaching a 6th-grade writing class, years ago.)
- Kit Clayton - Homonym Cask
- Jonny 5's Rhyme of the Day 11-4-10 "Add homonym" (pt 308 of 365) What do you say? Beat: Lyrics: Are you listening? Are you hearing this? Are you reading this? Are you seeing this? All participants in the experiments this is a clarion call: You're a genius. It's significant that the variance in our experience isn't as prominent as what's in common in the spontaneous songs within us sound the same like a homonym. In verses ad hominem praise. That homonid prays lik Ramadan: fast. Stays in my mind like Ramada Inn Raps like "Homina Homina Homina" I'm channel N You're Channel O I'm rambling You standalone, voice feeling low like Manilow. But I see'd inside your melon like cantaloupe And I'm feeding myself when the famine won't. I'm completing myself when I cannot cope. Panacea myself, I'm the antidote. Buenos dias, Dios Mio, I am my own. 'Cause we all were born from the same consciousness and we're all seeking for some responsiveness over the course of the monstrous and coarse we need constant support like a four-figure sponsorship. So ignore the voices behind me. It's only a sing of the times. I was rhyming this 5 minutes, 9 hours into the day. Now Simon Says "share with us". What do you say?
- Homonyms For Mrs Millers class. Isnt it intense?? A speacial thanks to my sisters for helping darouny and I out with this, Marisa and Nicole. -Ashleyyyyy
- Homonym Music Video Music video for Michelle DeMonte's "Homonym"
- Homonym Screencast This is a screencast on why you should not rely on spellechecker.
- Choose Homonym
- Anathema - The Silent Enigma THE SILENT ENIGMA (7th track from the homonym album, 1995) Lyrics: In dreamland grandeur I held mesmerized peace Innocence breathed again A mind's escape Leave walls of tears behind Ethereal vision haunting still... The solitude left me blind Beneath an open sky Sibilant cries of youth dying Enslave me with grief A moonlit era, oblivion's twilight kiss Wishes in lament Happiness in a broken vision Utopia still unborn... Tormented echoes of a fallen Eden I longed for her beauty Yet from dust, she returned The dream, an enigma... silent
- English Project: "Homonyms: They're Happenin'" Stop Animation of a homonym-based English lesson. Done as a project for my roommate's MAT program.
- The King Who Rained (2005) A play on homonyms, this short movie visualizes the misinterpretations of a little girl based on things her parents have told her. Began as a class project for Rob Polich's TAT 315 class (Visual Design), and expanded outward into an independent one. This is the Director's Cut. Adapted from children's book of the same title by Fred Gwynne and shown both at the Fall 2005 TAPS at CSUMB and downtown in Monterey at the Osio. Written and Directed by Garett Thomas. Starring: Lexus Brooke Butler, Genetta Butler, Bret Leduc, "King" Will Olsen and Pamela Johnson. Crew: Maria Patricia R. Garcia, Alisa Lai, Kathleena Ramirez and Stephanie Young. See version with commentary here: See Behind the Scenes: See Pam's BTS Footage: © Thomas Productions.
- Semi-Song(homonym)- We Are Tonight's Entertainment 18/4/09 House of Java This song isn't like half a song, its a song about a semi(18 Wheeler) This may surprise some of our fans but the lyrics are a true story. only 3 months before this show Brandon and I had been in a car wreck with some of our fans where we had hit a semi. Brandon explains the rest.
- Confused Words: THEY'RE, THERE, THEIR Homonyms are words that sound the same, but have different meanings and spelling. In this lesson, I explain how to correctly use the homonyms THERE, THEIR, and THEY'RE
- How to use the Homonym Checker in Write:OutLoud 6
- Kid Phonics 2 -The Homonym-ble Game A cool song from Kid Phonics 2.
- Interpol - Lights (Official Video) (HD) Lights by Interpol, from their homonym album to be realized on their own label in September 2010. The videoclip was directed by Charlie White, who also was behind Interpol's Evil.
- 【Sonika】 Heavenly Star |Acappella| ⓌⒾⓅ Genki Rockets' "Heavenly star" Vocals by: Sonika Original Vsq by: Doofus-p(matt9five) Edited vsq/video by: Me If you read the words i typed in, you may see some funny words because i didn't know how to use custom phonemes. I also don't like to use multi syllable words(so "above" becomes "ah_bah_of"), any words you see with "-" in them, are because i was either too lazy or couldn't figure out a proper homonym.
- Tom Wilson "The Homonym Song" (watch in HQ!) Another song for the marginally literate. Love from Wilson World, Tom
- furinkazan This video is a mix of images of the Japanese interesting PS2 game named "Ookami" ( it means "the wolf" or "the great god"; homonym in Japanese) and a trance-music named "furinkazan" ( it means "wind, woods, fire and mountain". music by "ask"). And this video clip's name is also "furinkazan" that meant "maple leaf, glitter, flower and cut" homonym in Japanese). This video is made by a very talented amateur video-creator whose name is "Workey". Very impressive video clip.
- homophones_homonyms_polysemes_manju_part 1 of 2 An educational video on lexical relations
twitter about homonym
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about homonym
“Homonym Words Dictionary, Software & Services This program will automatically check your Word documents for correct homonym usage based on context, show you”
— Homonym Words Dictionary, Software & Services, ecommerce.matrix-
“Translation Portal - Im Translator Blog Blog Archive, " Homonym free translation, free translator, freetranslation, online-translator, ImTranslator, Spanish translation, Russian Translation, German translation, French translation, Portuguese”
— Translation Portal - Im Translator Blog " Blog Archive " Homonym,
“Even though you know the difference in meaning between, say, it's and its, its not uncommon to type the wrong one (okay, I did that on purpose). Then again, even good writers (and good typists) mix up words that are”
— Word Wise: Homonym Grits,
“HOMONYM HUMOR - MINNESOTA "MINI -SODA" forum discussion. Cartoon forum about Free-For-All. A place to let your hair down”
— HOMONYM HUMOR - MINNESOTA "MINI -SODA"- Big Cartoon Forum,
“"I except that their was a monkey", you must be wondering that what happened to me. Nothing, I am perfectly ok and preparing for my debt arbitrator exams. Many of us make these mistakes. The correct sentence is "I accept that there was a monkey"”
— " 50 homonym words that confuse a content writer,
“122 Synonym Antonym Homonym Lesson Plans . 6 Synonym Antonym Homonym WorksheetsSearch antonyms synonyms worksheets to find teacher approved This blog tracks current happenings and helps you stay on top of the field.Image Homonyms for copy and”
— Antonym synonym and homonym worksheets / Global News Blog,
“Lets take on the ad Homonym crowd! Have at! PrisonPlanet Forum > ***THE MAIN BOARDS - Welcome to the Prison Planet Educational Forum and Library*** > General Discussion for the Prison Planet Educational Forum and Library > Lets take”
— Lets take on the ad Homonym crowd! Have at!,
“There are two subdivisions of homonym: Homophone- words that sound the same, although the word "homonym". In my opinion, there are three divisions of "homonym": 1. homophones:”
— ESL Forum - Homonym,
“ARI's accent reduction blog explores accent neutralization in depth. (homonym)”
— homonym | Accent Reduction Blog | Accent Neutralization Blog,
“Latest GWC Forum Threads: Recent Blog Comments: Won-Tolla: The Old Man's War books rock! More | Chuck's Blog | 6 Comments. Thoughts on the 2010 International Meetup. Posted March”
— Galactic Watercooler " Blog Archive " SciFi Changes,
related keywords for homonym
similar for homonym
- examples of homonyms
- distinct meanings
- free encyclopedia
- bow down
- family name
- one of two
- spelling program
- spelling and vocabulary
- perseus digital library
- houghton mifflin company
- past tense
- english dictionary
- different species
- online dictionary
- dictionary results
- word games
- webster online dictionary with audio pronunciations
- different meaning
- usage notes
- free dictionary
- strict sense
- junior homonym
- senior homonym
- the international
- spelling variations
- new names