- The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2007, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved. Cite. Print. Email iceboater: meaning and definitions - iceboater: Definition and Pronunciation. — “Sb — ”,
- Myrle Croasdale isn't a doctor or an iceboater but she writes about them. This is the story of her father and brother who share a passion for iceboating and for medicine. — “amednews: Cold companions: Sailing on the ice :: April 1”, ama-
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. — “Iceboater - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- http:// - The deep sea diver, iceboater, base jumper, and driver ponder the extreme of what they are about to undertake, and at the same time. — “Range Rover - "Set Free",×"××× ×'ª - Filestube Video Search”,
- Landyacht designer and builder, Seagull Compagny is the world leader of landyachts, thanks to innovation, design, and performance. The landyachts designed by J.P Krischer are unanimously recognized. — “Landyachting - Landsailing - Landyacht Seagull”,
- Definition of iceboater in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of iceboater. Pronunciation of iceboater. Translations of iceboater. iceboater synonyms, iceboater antonyms. Information about iceboater in the free online English dictionary and. — “iceboater - definition of iceboater by the Free Online”,
- Advise any iceboater of unsafe practices and explain the proper method. CAR PARKING AREA - Upon arrival at the CIYC Facility on North Shore Rd, the iceboater should find a safe area to park momentarily, out of the launching ramp area, get out of the car and determine if the ramp is being used, if the. — “Expression web template”,
- Flickr is almost certainly the best online photo management and sharing application in the world. Show off your favorite photos and videos to the world, securely and privately show content to your friends and family, or blog the photos and videos. — “Flickr: Iceboater's Photostream”,
- Iceboater definition, a person who races iceboats, esp. Iceboater Definition. Find Definitions For Any Word.Get Your Free Toolbar. — “Iceboater | Define Iceboater at ”,
- Iceboater. Full Name: Brad Hansen. E-mail Address: iceboater@. Last Logged In: November 21, 2010 Home | Classifieds | History | Technical | Links | Store | About Us | Email. — “Profile of Brad Hansen”,
- "I think sailors are this way in the first place," said iceboater David Bishop, of Sewickley. Wargo quickly followed and tried to fight his way out of the water with his ice pick until fellow iceboater Paul Cunningham pulled him out. — “Iceboaters skim the surface at speeds up to 70 mph”, post-
- iceboater pushing off to start on the Navesink River, Red Bank NJ iceboater pushing off to start on the Navesink River, Red Bank NJ. eyesup | February 02, 2009. iceboater pushing off to start on the Navesink River, Red Bank NJ. Category:. — “YouTube - Iceboating Start”,
- iamb iambi iambic iambically iambics iambist iambists iambs iambus iambuses ianthine iatric iatrical iatrochemical iatrochemist iatrochemistries iatrochemistry iatrochemists iatrogenic iatrogenically iatrogenicities iceblinks iceboat iceboater iceboaters iceboating iceboatings. — “What are some things that starts with the letter i?”,
- He's also been an avid iceboater since 1975, racing for 25 of those 30 years: "To be an iceboater you have to like speed and come dressed for an unbelievable wind chill. — “Ice sailors build community through boats (Jan. 26, 2006)”, news.wisc.edu
- Feb 7, 2010 - Another iceboater lowered the jib & put in a reef We're doing maintenance, but things should be back to normal soon. Another iceboater lowered the jib & put in a reef - Ice Yachts!. — “Picasa Web Albums - Bonnie”,
- Forum Home > Member List > ICEBOATER. ICEBOATER. Member Group: Members November 19, 2010 11:27 AM. Last Visit. June 11, 2010 08:53 AM. Join Date. October 02, 2008. — “Realmac Software | ICEBOATER”,
- Muddle: Play a Boggle-Style game with the whole internet! [iceboater] 0/5. becrust. 0/71. iceboat. 0/88. cubics. 1/31. cubist. 6/144. cubits. 9/145. bustic. 1/160. cercus. 0/188. obtect. 0/191. rustic. 6/341. rebecs. 0/678. eructs. 3/754. tabuns. 1/848. boater. 286/1441. create. 454/3050. beater. — “Muddle at : Cooperative Boggle-style Word Puzzle”,
- http:// - The deep sea diver, iceboater, base jumper, and driver ponder the extreme of what they are about to undertake, and a. Watch Video about Dn,Extreme,Fast by . — “Range Rover - "Set Free" - Video”,
related videos for iceboater
- Jacobs Iceboating Stern Steer J14, outdrives and Lake Winni with Tuetsch, Sarnes and Hix
- Skeeter Iceboat Racing - NIYA Feb 07 Menominee, MI Second heat on Saturday, Feb 17, 2007 at Menominee, MI - the NIYA Ice Yacht Regatta.
- Iceboat Racing Saint Paul, MN 2009 Excitement at the Speed of Ice is Coming to the St. Paul Winter Carnival. Fire on Ice brings the thrill of iceboat racing to Lake Phalen January 31, and February 1. MINNEAPOLIS, MINN (Dec. 5, 2008) With 10000 lakes, sailing in Minnesota on a summers day is nothing new. Now imagine sailing across the water at up to 60 miles an hour in the dead of winter. Thats the thrill of iceboat racing the hottest new extreme sport in the world. On January 31 and February 1 at the Lake Phalen Pavilion, World Ice Racing Circuit (WIRC) will present the Fire On Ice Iceboat Race an official St. Paul Winter Carnival event as part of the 2009 Risdall Marketing Group Tour.
- Iceboating December 29th 2007 Bass Lake Day 16 using 1" taller skates made by Ron Sherry to help in the snow.
- DN Iceboating on White Lake Michigan Video of me iceboating on White Lake Michigan in Ferbuary of 2006.
- iceboat Isabella A litle clip from my swedish iceboatfilm. Homemade iceboats - ISABELLA style SORRY!!! the audio is permanently muted.
- Ice Boat - Arctic Row to the Pole The OLD PULTENEY is a specially designed Polar row boat. It was constructed for Jock Wishart's Row to the Pole expedition. This video explains what makes this boat so suited for Arctic waters.
- DN Ice Boat World Championship - Krynica Morska, Poland - CBS Morning News CBS morning news report on DN Ice Boat World Championship and European Cup in Krynica Morska Poland 1984
- Washington Island Ferry Ice Boat-Door County WI Travel Show Explore The Door show host Jon Jarosh goes on an ice breaking adventure through Death's Door aboard the Washington Island Ferry in this segment from episode 14. Complete episode available at /podcast.
- Ice Boat 5 at Lake Ronkonkoma NY A day at Lake Ronkonkoma NY
- DN Iceboat Race Lake Mendota Jan 4,2008
- Pewaukee Iceboat Verks in action Watch the hilarious antics of DN ice-boaters Eric Wilson, Steve Orlebeke, John Davenport, Lou Loenneke, Ken Smith, Olver the Austrian, Tim Kleary, Jim Gluek and Mark Wessel as they try and assemble their nine identical DN hulls without gluing themselves into the boats.
- Jacobs Iceboating 3 Twin Mast iceboat sailing on Lake St Clair. Pleasure sailing Elk Lake out front of White Birch Lodge. Jack sailing Dan Clapp's Attitude before buying Magic and Merlin
- Ice Boating Jan 09 Riding the Silver Bullet on the Great South Bay
- Do It Right On: Ice Boat EP:01 Do it Yourself Ice Boat Construction! Right on John
- Three Kings of Iceboating Buddy Melges, Bill Mattison and Peter Harken talk iceboating at Strictly Sail Chicago, January 31, 2009.
- 2002 northwest iceboat regatta skeeters renegads dn iceboats racing in wisconsin
- Bådmagasinet - Iceboating in a DN Iceboat On the frozen lake "Arresøe" in Denmark we take a trip onboard an iceboat. It's fun, fast and cold. More news on baadmagasinet.dk.
- OPTI Iceboat Test sailing an OPTI Iceboat, Orient Ice Yacht Club, New York
- Iceboat Chapstick Ad DN Iceboating Ad
- Range Rover - "Set Free" - The deep sea diver, iceboater, base jumper, and driver ponder the extreme of what they are about to undertake, and at the same time 'set free' their energy.
- Iceboating in Wisconsin Frank and Chris Both shredding up the ice on a perfect day on Lake Labelle in Wisconsin. Happy Birthday Dad.
- Antex Family White on Ice Boat Ride
- Harbor Springs Iceboating - Feb 19 & 20, 2011 Perfect ice conditions over President's Day weekend in Harbor Springs, MI.
- Jersey Ice Boaters Brave Thin Ice Red Bank, NJ has seen its share of Snow Storms this winter, but all that snow has not lowered temps enough to keep local Ice Boaters out on the Navesink River for as long as they would like. In a good year, according to ice boater Frank "Baw" Tallman, the Navisink provides three to...
- 15 IceBoat Terrace Penthouse 1 Bedroom Toronto Condo Video (Parade CityPlace) nopressure.ca Parade is part of CityPlace and is one of the latest projects. It's off Fort York which is slowly changing into a more interesting street. With a new pub, grocery store and a few banks there finally is something to do close to home. This particular unit is on the penthouse level. It's upgraded with nice Miele appliances. It looks much bigger than it is thanks to high ceilings and floor to ceiling windows. Some of the condo amenities will include a gym, indoor pool, squash, billiards, party room, sauna, security. Go to NoPressure.ca for more condo videos! By the way...I don't represent the seller of this condo.
- Ice Boat Ride! Jump in and hang on as you sail in a Nite ice boat.
- Ice boat racing on Lake Charlevoix in Boyne City, Michigan More than 50 ice boats are participating in the International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association regatta on Lake Charlevoix off Boyne City today and tomorrow (Jan. 16 and 17, 2010). Best viewing point is from the end of Charlevoix Street. They took off from the boat launch across from Glens Market. There will be youth races Sunday. More than 50 boats are out this afternoon. The IDNYRA website is .
- NSSC Ice Boating in the 1950s North Star Sail Club member Jack Vallad shares video memories of Ice Boating in the 1950s.
- NY/Region: Whistling Down the Wind, On a Frozen Bay -- NYT A cold snap provided the perfect conditions to sharpen the blades and hoist the sails. Take a ride with Long Island iceboaters.
- Iceboating Lake Winnipesaukee Take 2.mpg Iceboats descend on Lake Winnipesaukee NH after hearing about the last weekend we had and seeing the first video! Huge iceboats enjoyed sailing the endless black ice at mega speeds!
- Ice Boating 2007 SBSC This is a little sample of Ice boating on the Great South Bay, Long Island NY. Thanks Don Mac and Silver Bullet for the great time...
- Ice Boat It was a great day for ice boating on Lake Winnebago in Neenah, Wisconsin. The ice conditions and a steady wind made for a fast day of sailing with speeds approaching 50mph. The ice boat is piloted by Mark Frank from the Neenah Ice Yacht Club.
- iceboating innovation - Shovel Jack - Archie Call Archie Call buildt a $5 plank lifter using a shovel. Names it in honor of famous champion iceboater Jack Ripp at the Northwest Iceboating Regatta in Madison Wisconsin on 3/4/2011. "Shovel Jack( Ripp)"
- Iceboating Excitement I was iceboating with my father and some other sailors on Friday, January 2, 2009 at Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs, IA. I was zipping over to west lake and went over a ridge of soft ice. I was going fast enough that I didn't go through. I turned back to let others know not to go the way I had gone to see that the Arrow (a 2-seater iceboat) had gone though the ice. My father was in a DN (a single-seater iceboat) and headed over to the Arrow to assist and then he went through the ice. Another DN was assisting the 2 sailors that had gone through in the Arrow and I raced over to my father. I took the sheet off of my sail, threw it to my father and pulled him out of the water. I rigged my boat back up and rushed him to shore where an ambulance I had previously called was waiting. He was in the 35 degree water for around 5 minutes and his temperature had dropped to 92. After getting his freezing clothes off and warming in the ambulance for half an hour, he was fine. It took several hours to finangle the partially submerged iceboats out of the water. Other than that, there was great wind and mostly great ice. According to one late iceboater and sailor, iceboating is the most fun you can have with your pants on...
- Skating, ice boating and skate sailing Lake Winnipesaukee Reports of the best black ice in over a decade propelled me east into the Granite State Feb 15, to Lake Winnipesaukee. The broad expanses of eight inch thick black ice were otherworldly, punctuated with open water at some pressure ridges and great ice pileups at granite jetties. On long Nordic blades a couple of us battled fresh winds from the north, making for heavy going windward and easy gliding to leeward. We skated for a couple of hours. My mother told me of skate sailing in her youth, something I never put under my belt, mostly because skate sails aren't carried at the sporting goods store. I've planned to make the classic Hopatcong design for years but have yet to get around to it. Tired of missing out, I took a couple of wooden spars, a sheet of Tyvek, some clothesline and lashed it all together from scratch in a Read design, version 1.0. After lunch I checked out the 30 or so iceboats. The wild winds had one amateur exclaiming he "covered more miles today in my iceboat than all month in my car." Another rank beginner said his GPS put his top speed at 53 MPH. I launched my ultralight rig. The winds were shifty in the bay, mostly mellow cruising mixed with gusts providing moments of high speed terror when the wind had its way with me, and a couple of wipeouts. With miles of ice on which to slide, that's not as bad as it sounds, luge crash light. Back at the beach the design gathered considerable attention for use of off-the-shelf parts. A great day, I'm beat up and ...
- Iceboat Races an Automobile 1930's An iceboat races a Chevrolet on a frozen lake in Michigan.
- Iceboating - Sailing on Ice - Madison, Wisconsin Iceboating on Lake Wingra in Madison, Wisconsin, on December 10th, 2006. Winds variable from SSW 5-15 mph. Temperature +35 deg. F. Ice about 4-8 inches thick, with melted water on top. Iceboat speed 2-3 times speed of wind, around 20-60 mph. Pilot: Hugh S. Co-pilots Jane and Annie. Filmed by Pepe.
- Ice Boat Sets Sail on Solent and Sinks - Bang Goes The Theory, Series 3 Episode 6 - BBC One Follow Bang on Twitter @bbcbang and #bbcbang Jem Stansfield launches his ice boat in a mission to sail across the Solent estuary before the boat melts. The material used to make the boat is Pykrete - a combination of frozen water and wood pulp or hemp. Although the material holds firm in the water, the boat gets into trouble and starts to sink, forcing the presenters to bail out!
- Retrieving Dave's ice boat from Lake Leelanau today. We had a fun day but Dave went through a slush hole and put the front of his boat in the lake. I was able to use my snowfer board and a ladder to span my weight and we got it out. Fun day but stay off the slush holes Dave :-)
- t2p.tv Ice Boating (rough cut).mp4 Ice Boating in Jersey! Oh man what a blast. You have GOT to meet these characters, a full show will be coming to www.t2p.tv, your online source for soft water and now HARD WATER sailing!
- Ice Boating (2007) Ice boating on Chautauqua Lake '07
twitter about iceboater
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about iceboater
“The Ecotricity Greenbird in world wind-powered speed record challenge. Harnessing the power of the wind is what Ecotricity is all about! And now we're taking our love of wind to a new level, with the fastest wind powered vehicle on Earth! The”
— Greenbird - the fastest wind-powered vehicle on earth!,
“The IceMaker's mini blog on Twitter! Submitted by the IceMaker on March 21, 2009 - 08:09. 1115 reads. New Iceboater's Carribean Radio Station Submitted by the IceMaker on March 20, 2009 - 06:57. Streaming On Line”
— the IceMaker's blog | ,
“Because ice boating is a little bit of sailing, a lot of building, and mostly talking. Looks like a natural born iceboater for sure! Offline. Pages: 1. Index " 4LIYC Message”
— Four Lakes Ice Yacht Club Message Board from Madison, WI, USA,
“A block of rooms has been reserved for the DN fleet, ask for Iceboater Special iceboater special King: $39.95 king. Iceboater special Double: $49.95”
— World Championship -- Central Region Host,
“Lake Geneva Real Estate Blog Following this blog is hands down the best way to learn about this market with out having to sit in the back of a Realtors car”
— Lake Geneva Real Estate Blog " Lake Geneva Iceboating,
“A new futur iceboater. Gérald. 1. Jul 28, 2002, 12:29 AM. 72.6 mph landsailing in an Ice Livingston. 1. May 4, 2002, 12:51 PM. Create your own forum at Network54”
— ICE FLYER sailing and builder's forum (Page 22 ), network54.com
“The best online travel forum with over 900,000 members. Get worldwide travel and vacation advice from real travelers. Ask travel questions on any aspect of your trip and get real answers from real locals and tourists”
— Michigan Travel Forum - ,