- Iceboating in Minnesota, building iceboats, building trailers, aligning runners. — “Iceboating OLD”, carbondragon.us
- IceBoating: General information about Ice boating, Discussion, Ice Sailing, Iceboats,Ice Boats,DN,Gambit,Skeeter. — “IceBoating : General information about Ice boating”,
- Australian Iceboating Association The Australian Iceboat Association has been formed to support the growing fleet of Australians taking to the ice, the world over. — “Home”, .au
- Historical news and publication items are recorded here as electronic backup of materials paid for by club members, with the only intent being for the archival of historical iceboating club materials. Iceboating is a pretty small sport, so we need to work together to. — “GTIYC - The NW Michigan Iceboat Club”,
- Iceboating Elk Lake Michigan Home of Michigan Iceboating for J14 iceboats, Skeeter iceboating, Dn iceboats and Skimmer Ice Boating Your Michigan Iceboating headquarters. — “Iceboat Elk Lake Michigan”,
- Sailing on ice is called iceboating. Iceboats can be used both for pleasure sailing and for racing. Both are sure to bring you fun and excitement. The sport will require you to have an extreme love of the cold winter weather. Iceboating got its start hundreds of years ago. It was possibly. — “Sports Tips: Introduction to Iceboating”,
- iceboating, sport of sailing a specially prepared boat equipped with runners over ice. In the 20th cent., however, the center of American iceboating shifted to the Midwest, where persons of more modest means built and maintained their own relatively small boats. — “iceboating — ”,
- Colorado Landsailing and Iceboating - Information about landsailing and iceboating in the Colorado area. Iceboating Forum - Message board to discuss anything about iceboating: ice conditions, technical questions, and what's going on in your area. — “Open Directory - Recreation: Boating: Sailing: Iceboating”,
- Share your videos with friends, family, and the world Interesting iceboating videos from around the world. Members (29) akekarlsson51. louice. rfborkowski. jstantoniii. — “YouTube - Iceboating”,
- 0 views. Photos. May 11th 2009, 2:32 pm. Iceboating - poan0703.jpg. Iceboating on Lake and the Jacobs - scan004.jpg. Iceboating article about the Jacobs' and. — “Iceboating Buddy”,
- Provide information regarding iceboating in the Minnesota area, and the world. While we are happy to host the local swap meet,(Nov.6th) we would like it to belong to the greater Minnesota iceboating community. — “ | Minnesota Ice Sailing Association”,
- The site is devoted to promoting iceboating in Maine and New England and ice boating in general. The place to discuss anything about iceboating: iceboat types, sailing conditions, sailing technique, etc. — “ - Adventure directory Sailing Iceboating”,
- iceboating, sport of sailing a specially prepared boat equipped with runners over ice. During the 19th cent. in the United States iceboating was a popular winter sport among wealthy residents of the Hudson River area. — “iceboat: Definition from ”,
- Definition of iceboating in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of iceboating. Pronunciation of iceboating. Translations of iceboating. iceboating synonyms, iceboating antonyms. Information about iceboating in the free online English dictionary and. — “iceboating - definition of iceboating by the Free Online”,
- This domain is for sale Please contact shawn @ reallifeed . com. — “”,
- Canadian Content explores Iceboating. Includes free listings and information about Iceboating from the CanConDir. — “Canadian Content > Boating”,
- iceboating, sport of sailing a specially prepared boat equipped with runners over ice. During the 19th cent. in the United States iceboating was a popular winter sport among wealthy residents of the Hudson River area. — “iceboating — ”,
- Iceboating's popularity is primarily limited to the northern continental United States and Europe, as few places elsewhere have ice thick enough to safely use the vessels for an extended duration. Thus, the far north cannot support iceboating well, as the snow comes early and does not. — “Ice boat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Information about Landsailing, Iceboating, Kite Buggies. Plans for building a small landsailer, sailing locations, pictures, and links to related sites. — “Colorado Landsailing and Iceboating”,
- Includes membership, newsletter, photographs, and more. The 2010 PYC Racing and Social Schedule is out! Click here to see it (PDF), There are important changes in the Racing Rules of Sailing 2009 - 2012. — “Pewaukee Yacht Club”,
- Iceboating is not a sport for the fainthearted. A handful of committed people enjoy themselves in winter on some lakes. (Like Lake Arthur in Pennsylvania). Winter conditions have to be right, especially the strength and depth of the ice and the. — “Iceboating For The Few”,
- This snow-storm probably won't spoil iceboating, for the very good reason that there isn't any ice on the lake yet. For $30, you receive an autographed 11 x 17 iceboating poster of Bill Mattison; $20 of which will add to the donation total. — “The Four Lakes Ice Yacht Club Home Page”,
related videos for iceboating
- Lake Riley Iceboats Two days of iceboating in Minnesota. The second day was very extreme with wind gusts 35-40 MPH .. a handful even with two people in the boat. My fingers we stuck to the video camera by the end of the shoot!
- Iceboat - "Perfect Ice ...Priceless!" Iceboating on White Bear Lake, MN December 19th, 2006. Beautiful ice! Wind: SW at 10-12 mph. Latitude: 45 degrees north. Temperature: 38 degrees. This is as good as it gets!
- The perfect ice - Ice boats on Lake Geneva If you would like to see more of this kind of video become a fan on /mattmasonphotography or visit . "Before today I thought a "hike" was what a center did when the quarterback yelled the word, or a long walk in the wilderness. But I experienced a HIKE today on an ice boat called Zephyr III with Bob Mereness at the helm. In this case a hike is when the boat edges up on two of the three runners. Ice boats can get up to 100 mph although today I think we were only going about 50, which was plenty fast for this newby! So I started by walking out on transparent ice, so see-through that I felt like I was walking on water. You could see fish swimming underneath. I was questioning my own sanity for just a second but then remembered I am committed to getting the shot "no matter what" so I charged on about a 1/4 mile into Lake Geneva with my Canon 5D Mark II with 1080p HD video built in. It turned out that a monopod and my 24-105 lens was the perfect combination for the video project. I hope you enjoy this video as much as I enjoyed making it. Music by Secrets in Stereo. Used with permission."
- Ice boat racing on Lake Charlevoix in Boyne City, Michigan More than 50 ice boats are participating in the International DN Ice Yacht Racing Association regatta on Lake Charlevoix off Boyne City today and tomorrow (Jan. 16 and 17, 2010). Best viewing point is from the end of Charlevoix Street. They took off from the boat launch across from Glens Market. There will be youth races Sunday. More than 50 boats are out this afternoon. The IDNYRA website is .
- Ice Boating on Swan Lake Created on February 13, 2010. Iceboating on Swan Lake in Swanville Maine. Wind WNW gusting to about 10 mph.
- Iceboating Lake Winnipesaukee Take 2.mpg Iceboats descend on Lake Winnipesaukee NH after hearing about the last weekend we had and seeing the first video! Huge iceboats enjoyed sailing the endless black ice at mega speeds!
- News 3 COverage of Iceboat Regatta Franke Hearn gets interviewed about Ice-Optis and Kyle Metzloff takes the camera man for a ride in the sidecar.
- Three Kings of Iceboating Buddy Melges, Bill Mattison and Peter Harken talk iceboating at Strictly Sail Chicago, January 31, 2009.
- Iceboat Race DN NW Regionals Jan2011 DN Northwest Regionals Madison Wisconsin, Lake Mendota, January 8, 2011
- Nite Iceboat on White Bear Lake: Short Short first-person video of a Nite iceboat on White Bear Lake in White Bear Lake, MN
- Ice Boating Jan 09 Riding the Silver Bullet on the Great South Bay
- Ice Boating (2007) Ice boating on Chautauqua Lake '07
- Ghost Lake Iceboats 05-06 Ghost Lake DN action filmed over the 05-06 season, tuned to some rocking beats.
- Iceboating - "Hot Stuff" A few of the boys out on White Bear Lake...having some fun on a beautiful day!
- Ron Sherry Talks DN Iceboating Part 1 Ron Sherry Discusses DN Iceboat Equipment Selection and Boat Setup Part 1 of 6
- Jacobs Iceboating Stern Steer J14, outdrives and Lake Winni with Tuetsch, Sarnes and Hix
- NSSC Ice Boating in the 1950s North Star Sail Club member Jack Vallad shares video memories of Ice Boating in the 1950s.
- iceboat aeroice m34 aeroice's design iceboat
- Bådmagasinet - Iceboating in a DN Iceboat On the frozen lake "Arresøe" in Denmark we take a trip onboard an iceboat. It's fun, fast and cold. More news on baadmagasinet.dk.
- Skating, ice boating and skate sailing Lake Winnipesaukee Reports of the best black ice in over a decade propelled me east into the Granite State Feb 15, to Lake Winnipesaukee. The broad expanses of eight inch thick black ice were otherworldly, punctuated with open water at some pressure ridges and great ice pileups at granite jetties. On long Nordic blades a couple of us battled fresh winds from the north, making for heavy going windward and easy gliding to leeward. We skated for a couple of hours. My mother told me of skate sailing in her youth, something I never put under my belt, mostly because skate sails aren't carried at the sporting goods store. I've planned to make the classic Hopatcong design for years but have yet to get around to it. Tired of missing out, I took a couple of wooden spars, a sheet of Tyvek, some clothesline and lashed it all together from scratch in a Read design, version 1.0. After lunch I checked out the 30 or so iceboats. The wild winds had one amateur exclaiming he "covered more miles today in my iceboat than all month in my car." Another rank beginner said his GPS put his top speed at 53 MPH. I launched my ultralight rig. The winds were shifty in the bay, mostly mellow cruising mixed with gusts providing moments of high speed terror when the wind had its way with me, and a couple of wipeouts. With miles of ice on which to slide, that's not as bad as it sounds, luge crash light. Back at the beach the design gathered considerable attention for use of off-the-shelf parts. A great day, I'm beat up and ...
- Pewaukee Iceboat Verks in action Watch the hilarious antics of DN ice-boaters Eric Wilson, Steve Orlebeke, John Davenport, Lou Loenneke, Ken Smith, Olver the Austrian, Tim Kleary, Jim Gluek and Mark Wessel as they try and assemble their nine identical DN hulls without gluing themselves into the boats.
- Ice Boating Me in the side car crusing out on the bay
- Lexus - "Iceboat" - The iceboat suddenly loses wind until the IS and GS come and supply it with a gust.
- Iceboating - Sailing on Ice - Madison, Wisconsin Iceboating on Lake Wingra in Madison, Wisconsin, on December 10th, 2006. Winds variable from SSW 5-15 mph. Temperature +35 deg. F. Ice about 4-8 inches thick, with melted water on top. Iceboat speed 2-3 times speed of wind, around 20-60 mph. Pilot: Hugh S. Co-pilots Jane and Annie. Filmed by Pepe.
- 2002 northwest iceboat regatta skeeters renegads dn iceboats racing in wisconsin
- Iceboating in Wisconsin Frank and Chris Both shredding up the ice on a perfect day on Lake Labelle in Wisconsin. Happy Birthday Dad.
- DN Ice Boat World Championship - Krynica Morska, Poland - CBS Morning News CBS morning news report on DN Ice Boat World Championship and European Cup in Krynica Morska Poland 1984
- dn iceboating lake christina ashby mn just a look at some dn iceboats on a light air day.
- Ice Boat It was a great day for ice boating on Lake Winnebago in Neenah, Wisconsin. The ice conditions and a steady wind made for a fast day of sailing with speeds approaching 50mph. The ice boat is piloted by Mark Frank from the Neenah Ice Yacht Club.
- Iceboating Indian Lake DAY 6 Jack and Ed sailing Indian Lake in Manistique Michigan
- Iceboating December 29th 2007 Bass Lake Day 16 using 1" taller skates made by Ron Sherry to help in the snow.
- Ice Boat 5 at Lake Ronkonkoma NY A day at Lake Ronkonkoma NY
- Ice Boating 2007 SBSC This is a little sample of Ice boating on the Great South Bay, Long Island NY. Thanks Don Mac and Silver Bullet for the great time...
- iceboating Iceboating on the Great Sacandaga Lake. Video of Dan Johnsen, sailing a Ken Johnsen DB Iceboat, shot by Ohi Johnsen (also sailing a Ken Johnsen DN Iceboat)
- DN Iceboat Race Lake Mendota Jan 4,2008
- ICEBOAT - SWEET DREAMS ON WHITE BEAR LAKE Take a ride on a some of the largest stern steerer iceboats (35-40ft) around. "Rainbow" (2nd)is over 100 years old and now presides on White Bear Lake. "Country Woman" is a hot ride...and really fast! This may have been the last ride on these great boats until the next season.
- DN Iceboating on White Lake Michigan Video of me iceboating on White Lake Michigan in Ferbuary of 2006.
- Nite Iceboat on White Bear Lake Safety Orange Nite iceboat on White Bear Lake, in White Bear Lake MN, 2007-01-07
- DN Groove Armada DN Iceboats at 50 mph +
- iceboat aeroice hybrid m34 aeroice's design iceboat
twitter about iceboating
- vedugoby: Downloads Iceboating: Your guide to the fundamentals and fine points of buying, sailing, racing, and maintaining y http://t.co/usekqz3b
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about iceboating
“Lake Geneva Real Estate Blog Lake Geneva Iceboating. Jan 16, 2010 by David. I was planning on getting out this week and asking some nice ice boater for permission to mount my camera to his ice boat. I was planning on showing you a nice view from the bow of a Lake Geneva iceboat”
— Lake Geneva Real Estate Blog " Lake Geneva Iceboating,
“us5214's blog. Login or register to post comments. Read more. 1485 reads. Iceboating on Lake Superior. Submitted by us5214 on February 27, 2010 - 23:48. Wow.. What a great day! We went for a great ride today out on Thunder Bay, Lake Superior. We got into Thunder Bay around Noon”
— Blogs | ,
“Video of Iceboating on Lake Leelanau. Filed under: Leelanau,boats,lake leelanau,video, Jolli Lodge Photo Blog. Leelanau County Government. Leelanau Enterprise”
— Blog " Video of Iceboating on Lake Leelanau,
“The place to discuss anything about iceboating: iceboat types, sailing conditions, sailing technique, etc”
— Iceboating Forum, network54.com
“<font size="4" face="verdana">October 2009 - ?</font> fortunatly Jack caught the error while looking at the blog entry. I can make a new stringer for the top but the bottom stringer”
— Ed's JX build |,
“Welcome to the DN Iceboating Bulletin Board of the IDNIYRA Welcome to the forum board of the IDNIYRA, North America. This forum is sponsored by the DN class, and by sponsors (eventually, hopefully). The purpose of this forum is to promote the sailing and racing of DN iceboats”
— Welcome to the DN Iceboating Bulletin Board of the IDNIYRA,