- Palestinians, Fatah, Kaffiyeh, Intifada, Anti-war, Moonbats The Palestinian kaffiyeh, symbol of the intifada and decades of violence and terrorism, is being marketed by Urban Outfitters as. — “Little Green Footballs - Marketing "Peace" to the Clueless”,
- kaffiyeh. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 22 January 2009, at 23:03. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike. — “kaffiyeh - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of KAFFIYEH : an Arab headdress consisting of a square of cloth folded to form a triangle and held on by a cord. Variants of KAFFIYEH. kaf·fi·yeh also kef·fi. — “Kaffiyeh - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- International "Wear Your Kaffiyeh With Pride" Day. HELP NEEDED: I need help circulating this press release about Kaffiyeh Day, especially to the US press. Please leave a comment at the end of the press release post if you can be of assistance. — “International "Wear Your Kaffiyeh With Pride" Day " iMuslim”,
- To U.S. shores last week came a strapping, bearded man in white kaffiyeh and flowing robes who stirred up as much fascination and comment as though he had fluttered to earth on the magic carpet. — “FOREIGN RELATIONS: Enter the King - TIME”,
- The Hebron factory that has provided Arafat-style head scarves to hundreds of thousands of Palestinians may be put out of business by cheap Chinese imports. But now, with relative peace and improving prosperity, the West Bank's only kaffiyeh factory is struggling to survive. — “West Bank kaffiyeh factory is struggling to survive - ”,
- Ex-Foreign Min. Director Ron Prosor has increased public speeches, TV appearances, press interviews. Kaffiyeh-wearing protesters greet new Israeli U.K. Ambassador. — “Kaffiyeh-wearing protesters greet new Israeli U.K. Ambassador”,
- Find dictionary definitions, audio pronunciations, and spellings for kaffiyeh in the free online American Heritage Dictionary on Yahoo! Education. — “kaffiyeh - Dictionary definition and pronunciation - Yahoo!”,
- : kaffiyeh Classic Arab Kafiyah Kaffiyeh by Private Island. Buy new: $6.95. 2 new from $0.35. Get it by Monday, Nov. 29 if you order in the next 29 hours and choose one-day shipping. — “: kaffiyeh”,
- Dunkin' Donuts pulled a TV spot featuring talk show host and Food Network personality Rachael Ray this weekend after a Fox news commentator associated it with terrorists. "I think that a right-wing blogger making an association between a kaffiyeh and terrorism is just an example of how so much of the. — “Rachael Ray ad pulled as pundit sees terror link - Business”,
- The chequered Arab headgear, the kaffiyeh, has come to symbolise a certain fanaticism; it is a badge of radical Islamism that is worn by many Muslims in India to declare their affiliation to an ideology that is founded on the principles of hate and which demands intolerance of the kafir. — “The Pioneer :: Home : >> Kaffiyeh and the kafir”,
- Definition of kaffiyeh in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of kaffiyeh. Pronunciation of kaffiyeh. Translations of kaffiyeh. kaffiyeh synonyms, kaffiyeh antonyms. Information about kaffiyeh in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “kaffiyeh - definition of kaffiyeh by the Free Online”,
- Kaffiyeh definition, an Arab headdress for men; made from a diagonally folded square of cloth held in place by an agal wound around the head. See more. — “Kaffiyeh | Define Kaffiyeh at ”,
- Definition of kaffiyeh from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of kaffiyeh. Pronunciation of kaffiyeh. Definition of the word kaffiyeh. Origin of the word kaffiyeh. — “kaffiyeh - Definition of kaffiyeh at ”,
- A Dutch Jewish organization last week condemned the distribution of a postcard showing a manipulated image of Anne Frank wearing a Palestinian kaffiyeh, calling it "a tasteless falsification of history." The company that published the postcard. — “Dutch Jewish group slams image of Anne Frank wearing kaffiyeh”,
- Aspects of the topic kaffiyeh are discussed in the following places at Britannica. The characteristic masculine Arab headdress has been the kaffiyeh. — “kaffiyeh (clothing) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez once donned a kaffiyeh in a gesture of solidarity with Palestinians. "I think that a right-wing blogger making an association between a kaffiyeh and terrorism is just an example of how so much of the. — “Rachael Ray ad pulled after complaints over her scarf - AOL”, entertainment.aol.ca
- Please do not remove this message until the dispute is resolved. This term may have first appeared in print in an article by Bradley Burston in which he writes of "the suburban-exile kaffiyeh kinderlach of Berkeley, more Palestinian by far than the Palestinians" in their criticism of Israel. — “Keffiyeh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Kaffiyeh Manufacturers & Kaffiyeh Suppliers Directory - Find a Kaffiyeh Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Kaffiyeh Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Kaffiyeh-Kaffiyeh Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters on”,
- The kaffiyeh did not appear in hip-hop style overnight. Americans have worn kaffiyehs The kaffiyeh fashion hit in 2007 among young, fashion-conscious urbanites, sometimes. — “Militant fashion? A Palestinian scarf becomes hip-hop chic”, jscms.jrn.columbia.edu
- kaffiyeh n. A cloth headdress fastened by a band around the crown and usually worn by Arab men. [Arabic kaffīya , colloquial variant of kūfīya ,. — “kaffiyeh: Definition from ”,
- The kaffiyeh as a fashion symbol has become a symbol of the intifada, a national symbol that reminds every Arab citizen of the ongoing war in the territories. The kaffiyeh has become a symbol of the intifada, a national symbol that reminds every Arab citizen of the ongoing war in the territories. — “Zvi Bar'el - Intifada of Scarves and Web Sites”,
related videos for kaffiyeh
- IHH Leader Incite Passengers to Violence Aboard the Mavi Marmara IHH Leader and Other Islamist Activists Incite Passengers to Violence Aboard the Mavi Marmara Background Information 1. A video taken aboard the Mavi Marmara (apparently by one of the photographers who documented the events on the upper deck) shows a meeting of operatives, mainly the members of the IHH hard core. It was held during the day, apparently close to the time of the violent confrontation. IHH leader Bülent Yildirim was photographed exhorting his audience and inciting them to violence in preparation for an expected confrontation with the IDF. Radical Islamic Arab-Israeli sheikh Ra'ed Salah, head of the northern faction of the Israeli Islamic Movement, was photographed sitting in the front row. 2. Bülent Yildirim spoke in Turkish using Islamic terminology and his remarks were translated into Arabic by one of the operatives (who was wearing traditional Arab dress and had a kaffiyeh [Arab head-covering] imprinted with the Palestinian flag). A speech was made by Dr. Mohamed al-Baltagi, the secretary general and member of the Muslim Brotherhood faction in the Egyptian Parliament.1 Muhamed Baltagi speaks before the Egyptian Parliament (Website of the Egyptian Parliament's Muslim Brotherhood faction, June 5, 2010). 3. During the days of the sea voyage the hard core of IHH operatives on board the Mavi Marmara received religious/ideological indoctrination from senior figures such as IHH chairman Bülent Yildirim and sheikh Ra'ed Salah. A few hours before the IDF took ...
- Iranian kid tv program Iranian Toddlers Are Taught about Martyrdom and the Hatred of Zionists against the Backdrop of the Gaza Fighting MEMRI TV Iranian Chldren Taught Martyrdom & Hatred Of Jews on TV. transcript Following are excerpts from an Iranian children's show which aired on Channel 1, Iranian TV on December 29, 2008. TV host: Tell me, children, you are all wearing kaffiyeh scarfs. What are you trying to show? That you are friends of the Palestinian children, and that you are all worried because of what is going on. What did the enemy do? It turned the oppressed children of Gaza into martyrs. It turned their families their parents into martyrs as well. These children were defenseless. They were so young that they didn't know anybody but their parents. Except for strolling down the street and looking for a flower to smell, these children didn't do anything. They didn't understand what war is. They didn't understand what murder, massacre, and crime are. They didn't understand what evil is. But before they had time to grow up, they got a taste of the enemy's evil. [...] We all loathe those enemies. We all loathe them. We are furious at them. We identify with the Palestinian children. [...] Suppose we put ourselves in the position of the Palestinian children why not? Kids, let's put ourselves in the position of the Palestinian children of the children of Gaza. What do you think we would do if we were in their position? Would we surrender, or would we fight back? You tell me ...
- Jordanian King and Queen receive Benedict XVI In an environment of great cordiality the Pontiff was received by King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, who had previously welcomed the Pope at the Queen Alia Airport.Benedict XVI was welcomed by a military detachment -- the soldiers wore the traditional green caftan and the white and red kaffiyeh. After greeting the four children of the royal family, a private encounter took place.The visit ended with a greeting to the high dignitaries of the Royal Household and the Government; pictures were taken and gifts exchanged.
- Civil Peace - Arabic/English :ناونعلا "يلهلأا ملسلا" ليجستلا ةدم :30 ةيناث :فصولا هتدمو "مائو" تاعازنلا للح ينيطسلفلا زكرلما دادعإ نم اذه ةماعلا ةمدلخا نلاعإ رهظي30ةيناث ةيفوك رخلآا يدتري امنيب نوللا رضخأ املع امهدحأ سبلي .يسركب هيلإ زمري ةطلس بصنم ىلع نلاتاقتي ينلجر ملعب حولي ريغص دلو لخدي .ينطسلف يف ينعزانتلما حتفو سامح ينيسايسلا ينبزلحا ىلع ةللادلل ءاضيب " ينيطسلفلا يضارلأل ةطراخ ىلإ ريشيو دلولا خرصي "ىفك .ينلجرلا ينب رئادلا عازنلا عطاقيو ريبك ينيطسلف . " تم "يلهلأا ملسلل ليبسلا وه راولحا هدافم صن رهظي ةيلاتلا ةطقللا يف .ينلجرلا ءارو طئالحا ىلع ةقلعم اذه ربعي ضــعبلا امهضعب ناحفاصيو ةيقافتا ناعقويو ةلواط ىلع اعم ينسلاج ينلجرلا رهظتل ةشاشلا دوعت, زواتج ىلع سامحو حتف نم لك نلاعلإا ضحيو .هئامعز ينب نواعتو مدقت ةيؤر يف سانلا ةبغر نع نلاعلإا .ءيش لك لبق سانلا ةحلصم يمدقتب ةيسايسلا امهتافلاخ :جرخلما :ينورتكللإا ديربلا .راصن دامعImad@:تينرتنلإا ىلع عقولما ناونع FromOctober 14th - November 3rd, 2008, Barefoot Workshops led a three-week program in the West Bank, teaching Palestinian organizations how to write, shoot, produce, and edit, Public Service Announcements (PSAs), to raise awareness about important social issues. Twelve PSAs were produced on such topics as: labor law, honor killings, Palestinian land rights, community betterment, political unity between parties, gender relations, volunteerism and youth empowerment. The aim of the workshop was to foster greater civic participation, activism, and debate in the region of the Middle East by teaching civil society ...
- Why You Should Wear A Keffiyeh Dunkin Donuts pulled one of their ads responding to Arab-haters who can't even bear to see Arab clothing. Take 2 minutes to learn about the keffiyeh and why many are wearing it in an act of solidarity.
- CAIR-PA: Muslim Students Allowed to Wear Kaffiyehs (WASHINGTON, DC, 2/18/09) - CAIR announced today that two Muslim high school students in Pennsylvania will now be allowed to wear kaffiyehs, a checkered scarf worn by many men in the Middle East. The students at Gateway High School in Monroeville, Penn., were sent home yesterday after refusing to remove their kaffiyehs... SEE: SEE ALSO: Gateway Lets Muslim Students Wear Scarves www.post-
- Is Rachael Ray A Terrorist? Dunkin' Donut Ad Dumped ! A Dunkin' Donuts commercial featuring TV cook and domestic diva Rachael Ray, wearing a silk scarf with the paisley design (see paisley some people see Palestinians) after Fox news columnist Michelle Malkin described the garment, " It has come to symbolize murderous Palestinian jihad. Popularized by Yasser Arafat and a regular adornment of Muslim terrorists appearing in beheading and hostage-taking videos." I bet i would go unnoticed if i wore the same outfit in downtown manhattan! Pro-Jewish blogger Pam Geller posted it under the headline "Rachel Ray: Dunkin Donuts Jihad Tool." A keffiyeh kerfuffle. Conservative blog Little Green Footballs posted an item that likened Ms. Ray's scarf to the type typically worn by Muslim extremists. The blog said that the ads "casually promote the symbol of Palestinian terrorism and the intifada, the keffiyeh, via Rachael Ray." Ray, host of the Food Network television program 30 Minute Meals, has been a representative for Dunkin' Donuts since March 2007. Could this scarf be some sought of terror link? Is the scarf she wore in the ad a symbolic support for terrorism and a subliminal threat? Is she a fashion terrorist? If so Terrorist Chic Is Over! Why is Rachael Ray standing in front of the Oregon Capitol in Salem? Does Obama, mean Osama? Looks like Michelle Malkin won this round Rachael! The pattern on the scarf wasn't the web-like pattern like Arafat but a series of paisleys. The offical DD response: "In a recent online ad, Rachael Ray is ...
- Polo Volkswagen Ad I was sent this ad awhile ago and never got around to posting it. It was released in 2004 and is suspected to be a viral video release.
- The Palestinian kaffiyeh: an endangered species It was Yasser Arafat's favourite head gear and it's now a must-have item for fashionistas around the world. But the genuine kaffiyeh, "made in Palestine", is an endangered species.
- How to wrap a Tagelmust / Shemagh / keffiyeh / pashmina How to protect yourself from the sun in the desert with a cloth called Tagelmust or Shemagh or keffiyeh or pashmina or turban, opinions on the name differ. Demonstration.
- Re: Is Rachael Ray A Terrorist? Dunkin' Donut Ad Dumped ! Video Cam Direct Upload
- Rachel Ray Terrorist? Conservatives complain that Rachel Ray's scarf looks like a Muslim Kaffiyeh. Why pick and choose lets have an outcry against all scarfs.
- Ancient Shivta, Negev Desert Since the vastness of the desert teaches us our insignificance, it is consequently conducive to humility. But, even something so simple and humble as a Bedouin flute - a reed with six holes - can play sweet music when used properly. In the video, Rabbi Lazer is wearing a Bedouin "kaffiyeh" - this is not making any political statement - it's just good protection from the blazing sun and searing winds of the desert.
- ORIANA FALLACI - ON ANTISEMITISM-I find it shameful\SULL'ANTISEMITISMO-Io trovo vergognoso (pt.2/2) Sull'Antisemitismo (Io trovo vergongoso - I find it shameful) by Oriana Fallaci. Panorama (Italy), April 12, 2002
- Magazine: K Is for Kaffiyeh - /video The Palestinian version of "Sesame Street" began as a segment on the Israeli version but the shows' characters have now parted ways. The Palestinian Muppets are currently in their third season of a Palestinian-only show. Related Article: bit.ly
- Kaffiyeh Impeachment Shuffle at Pelosi's House This is a video of a pro-impeachment protester wearing a Palestinian kaffiyeh while dancing to the music of the marimba band Sadza, at at the pro-impeachment rally in front of Nancy Pelosi's house in San Francisco on April 28, 2007. It is part of the full "Impeachment Weekend" report at .
- Shwayze "Buzzin" Pontiac Vibe Commercial New Pontiac Vibe commercial from Leo Burnett - Detroit song: Shwayze - "Buzzin"
- Speedpaint June 7th 2008 I make speedpaints every one to three days based on National Geographic's 'Photo of the Day' that day. So not really original, just shape and colour practice. For the photo and information: Th music is from the soundtrack for the game Final Fantasy XII, "Rabanastre Downtown" and "Salikawood". And last, the tools: Adobe Photoshop CS2 (using a simple round brush), a Wacom Intuos3 A4 wide tablet and Camtasia.
- how to wear a kaffiyeh (by Joi Ito) Joi Ito showing different ways of wearing kaffiyeh (كوفية) during CC ASIA pacific meeting in Korea 2010
twitter about kaffiyeh
- xadhix: Happy #Birthday to late Mr. Yasser Arafat. May He Rest In Peace. May He Not Turn In His Grave... #kaffiyeh
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about kaffiyeh
“ is Lord, A Worshipping Christian's Blog. Bringing a Christian's Perspective to Current Outfitters continues to offer the Palestinian kaffiyeh, the symbol of the intifada and”
— Urban Outfitters Still Marketing Pali-Terrorist Clothing,
“Dunkin Donut's advertisement with Racheal Ray's Kaffiyeh Racheal Ray, sporting a black and white Kaffiyeh, released on May 7,2008 was withdrawn”
— Dunkin Donut's advertisement with Racheal Ray's Kaffiyeh - Topix,
“The scarf is also known as a kaffiyeh, a traditional headdress of Arab men. Lupe Fiasco, also rocks the kaffiyeh, as well as Kirsten Dunst and”
— Power 106- Where Hip Hop Lives!, power106.com
“This is not a kaffiyeh', which is typically a checkered and cotton/wool fabric. Posts from the Arab-American forum Kabobfest were quoted saying much the same thing:”
— If you wear a black & white scarf, the terrorists win — Feministe, feministe.us
“Uncompromising libertarian foundation providing moral, philosophic, and economic case for libertarianism. Essays, editorials, books, and seminars. According to the a blog by Monica Corcoran in the Los Angeles Times, the kaffiyeh has been won by dozens of celebrities, including Colin Farrell,”
— Conservative Idiocy over Rachel Ray and Dunkin Donuts,
“America's Army, the Official U.S. Army Game (AA), provides young Americans with a virtual web-based environment in which they can explore Army career opportunities within an entertaining setting that is tailored to their interests and aptitudes”
— America's Army: Special Forces - View topic - pardon me, but,
“I Thought That Was A New Style of Kaffiyeh. 2010-10-23 10:30am -07:00T | Total Score: 1 Latest Blog Entries from around the J-Blogosphere: :”
— JBlog Central - The Jewish Blog Network | I Thought That Was,
“Read Boycott Dont Shop at Dunkin Donuts! by The Man Common on Myspace Blogs! New blogTopics added every minute. Boycott Dont Shop at Dunkin Donuts! pulled their ad apologizing that the scarf might even resemble a kaffiyeh. In Malkin's twisted world anything "Arab," even a scarf, is "terrorist”
— Boycott: Don't Shop at Dunkin' Donuts! - The Man Common's,