- TNIFCL supports the setting of TACs for kahawai under Section 13 of the Fisheries Act (the Act) Kahawai has also been a bycatch species and is likely to be under-reported for other methods than purse seining. — “Northern Inshore Kahawai Submission 2004”, option4.co.nz
- Kahawai Fish species information for fishing Kahawai Fishing Article. Floats for Walleyes. The Ultimate Live Bait Rigging Solution? By Tony Roach with Doc Samson In the "Roach world" pretty much everything revolves around convincing walleyes and other fish to bite. — “Kahawai Fishing - Sport Fishing Fish Species Directory”,
- Kahawai are a pelagic school fish of the Arripidae family. Kahawai Fishery. Kahawai are found around the New Zealand coast and are often sighted close to shore, frequently schooling by size. — “Seafood Industry Council - Kahawai”, seafoodindustry.co.nz
- The kahawai is a streamlined inshore pelagic fish that normally ranges in size from 40 to 60cm. Young kahawai are often found inside estuaries where they hunt anchovies in murky waters. In the coastal seas, kahawai often mix with trevally and are thus caught as a by-catch of purse-seining for trevally. — “Arripidae - kahawai”, .nz
- Encyclopedia article about kahawai. Information about kahawai in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “kahawai definition of kahawai in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Kahawai is not a junk fish. It doesn't always have to be smoked. Here is a very easy and incredibly tasty recipe for Kahawai Cajun Style. — “Arline Fishing Charters - Fish Recipes for those Kahawai”, arlinefishingcharter.co.nz
- Hello there! kahawai is using Qik to share their world from their mobile phone. Qik, the leading mobile video sharing service, lets you record and share the experience with your friends, family and your favorite social networks (Facebook, Twitter. — “kahawai on Qik | 0 videos recorded with mobile phones”,
- Currently this is a storage site used to support KahawaiNET webpages. Because no one really works here. And if they did, they wouldn't want to talk to you. — “ :: WELCOME”,
- Kahawai are one of the best fighting fish in the sea. Also called Australian salmon in that couintry. Spinning for Kahawai is hugely popular in New Zealand. Kahawai - Arripis trutta - are powerful fighters when hooked on light lines and spin. — “Kahawai - Arripis trutta - Australian Salmon - Kahawai Lures”, fishingmag.co.nz
- Definition of kahawai in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of kahawai. Pronunciation of kahawai. Translations of kahawai. kahawai synonyms, kahawai antonyms. Information about kahawai in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “kahawai - definition of kahawai by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Find your kahawai pictures at ! We have over a billion indexed images in our directory, and it continually expands. — “kahawai Pictures”,
- We found 6 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word kahawai: on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "kahawai" is defined. — “Definitions of kahawai - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- The Kahawai is a streamlined, in-shore, pelagic fish and when properly bled can make for great eating. Kahawai are mainly a northern species but may be found as far south as Banks Peninsula during the Summer. — “Kahawai”, wildblue.co.nz
- For parents-to-be who want to confidently choose potential names for their baby, Babynamer is the most comprehensive, trusted website. Babynamer provides the deepest and richest name researching experience, more information about names, and. — “Kahawai on BabyNamer”,
- Kahawai (Arripis trutta) are a tremendous sportfish; found only in New Zealand and Australia (where for some unknown reason it is called 'salmon' There are few sights that stir the fishing blood more than a school of kahawai in full attack mode. — “Kahawai - truly great sportfish - Part 1”, bishfish.co.nz
- Kahawai definition at , a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!. — “Kahawai | Define Kahawai at ”,
- As the young kahawai gain size, small fish become a more important After their third year the kahawai outgrow their nursery and move out of the harbours so they have better access to the schools of krill, anchovy,. — “New Zealand Fisherman Magazine”, fishnhunt.co.nz
- Hula O Kahawai is a hula hui, or a group, based in Ashland Oregon. We present dances old (kahiko) and new ( auana), using ancient and modern interpretations. Hula O Kahawai performs at luaus, parties, and special events. — “Hula O Kahawai - Hawaiian hula dancers of Ashland, Oregon. We”, hula-
related videos for kahawai
- Kahawai Catching Recorded on March 5, 2010 using a Flip Video camcorder. We are always trolling hoping for some fresh sashimi on the back of The Rock. But this one was a wee bit small so he went back.
- Spearfishing Bue Mao Mao & Kahawai Spearfishing Blue Mao Mao and Kahawai in New Zealand.
- Fishing for kahawai off the beach at Whitianga, New Zealand On a rainy winter's day a big work-up of birds and kahawai came in close to Buffalo Beach, feeding on baitfish.
- Surfcasting NZ - Kahawai On Muriwai Young fella catching some..
- E Pili Kakou E Ho'okahi Lahui " Kahawai" - created at
- Kahawai The Gonz paddles his kayak into a school of kahawai on the hunt as he approaches Slipper Island, New Zealand.
- 3019 Kahawai Manoa Valley Honolulu Remodeled Manoa Home in the drier middle part of the valley, close to all shopping, and on a Cul-De-Sac! This one will be snapped up!David Nash (RA)-The Oahu Professional Real Estate Agent on the Island of Oahu in Hawaii! 808 271 2223 mobile Altera Real Estate 2 Minute Vlogs about the Hawaii Real Estate Market. 5 minute professional videos of condos, homes, neighborhoods, and events for people interested in Hawaii real estate. Looking for a home or condo? I am happy to go and capture it for you and post it here and on my webpage:
- Hula O'Kahawai Ashland Parade, July 4, 2007 You can hear the sound system perfectly!
- kahawai school feeding on krill. kahawai eating krill off gisborne
- swimming with kahawai First underwater vid attempt, New Zealands favouite fish. Hen and Chick Islands. Summer of 2010
- NZ Kiwi Style Beer Battered Kahawai Fillets And Wedges NZ style beer battered Kahawai and homemade seasoned Potato wedges.
- Baracoutta munches Kahawai Baracoutta munches on a kahawai.
- Mart fishing for Kahawai Mart says Goodbye to big Kahawai Jan 2010 - New Zealand
- thefishingshow Mega Snapper nails live Kahawai This little gem was filmed for the very first episode of the popular New Zealand show; The ITM Fishing Show. It still gets talked about and drooled over by almost every keen snapper fisherman we meet -- check it out for yourself! Check out more epic fishing action at
- double hookups on kahawai (aust salmon) on fly Me and my bro Mike catching 3-4lb kahawai 'aust salmon' on fly using clousers and surf candy fly's. double hook ups all the way "they were fussy and would only take the smallest fly's size 10 and 8 smelt/bait patterns where the un'doing. continuios and hook ups. they were on!
- AND THERES THE KAHAWAI beating fish heart in hand and kick ass powerthirst voice
- Nz kahawai (aust salmon) on fly catching high jumping kahawai north of auckaland on fly, schools busting up everywhere, a well placed fly into the school would provide the goods. little surf candy flies worked great. also had a blast casting a crease fly surface popping for them, hook ups not as consistent.
- Lisa's Kahawai Jet ski fishing for Kahawai in the Hauraki Gulf.
- Kahawai and Snapper fishing in New Zealand from a Jet Ski Fishing from a Jetski in New Zealand, June 2009. Chasing work ups, using soft baits for fishing off a 2009 FX HO Yamaha Waverunner
- Spearfished two Kahawai with one shot Luck more than anything. www.ronsseacorner.co.nz
- Have a Go with Al Brown - Smoked Kahawai Fishcakes Have a go at catching the big one with your fishing rod and some bait. Help your kids to bait their hooks and cast their line out into the water as far as they can. Wait for the fish to bite and when you think they have hooked one, help them wind in as fast as they can... or if they have no luck, you can always stop at the fish shop on the way home! Check out Al and his friends land a big Kahawai and smoke it on the back lawn before heading back to the kitchen to make their yummy Fishcake creations. Safety Consideration: - Always supervise a child around water and never leave an older child in charge - Watch out for hooks as they can be very sharp, so make sure an adult handles these at all times
- kahawai and birds working An unexpected Friday off, fishing Whagaparoa, awesome day!!
- Species Identification - Kahawai Species ID - Kahawai
- Jarrod loosing a fat Kahawai on his Seadoo GTX PWC fishing in New Zealand. Sport fishing on a personal warer craft, using light rod and real combos and soft plastic baits.
- Mike playing a kahawai Mike battles with a kahawai near Cape Maria van Diemen
- Kahawai Fishing in the Bay of Islands NZ Cruising around the Bay of Islands New Zealand, fishing in a small boat.
- Extreme Kahawai work up Not too often you see these nowadays. From the outer Hauraki Gulf, Auckland New Zealand.
- Kahawai on the Brasier with Jeremy Bartlett 03/09 A Day with Jeremy Bartlett on Waiheke Island. Started off getting some firewood for the brasier around Jeremy's backyard, a skate down at the skatepark and a feasting of Kahawai off the brasier 29/03/09
- Kahawai Nov 2010 Fishing for Kahawai and Searun Trout at the mouth of the Rakaia River, Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Fish 4kg NZ Kahawai on Vaila How I cought a 4kg kahawai in fresh water on a river in New Zealand, using light tackle.
- Kahawai Caught in the Bay of Islands Recorded on March 4, 2010 using a Flip Video camcorder. While cruising home from the Bay of Islands on the 4th of March we picked up this Kahawai on one of our trolling lines. A bit small to keep he went back to grow a bit more.
- Jetskifishing - Spring on the Hauraki Gulf, Snapper and Kahawai fishing. Jetskifishing using a Yamaha Waverunner 2009 FX HO, kitted with an "Ultimate Rod Holder" fishing kit. Catching Kahawai and Snapper in the Hauraki Gulf, using Gulp soft baits. Tachyon Helmet Cam used for all filming. Visit www.jetskifishing.co.nz
- Bolder Bay Kahawai The huge kahawai school at bolder bay, yes I missed the little fishy
- trolling for kahawai trolling up some fat kahawai on rapalas
- big kahawai (aust Salmon) on fly a couple of good sized kahawai caught on cast clouser in amongst a work up. man these put a bend in a rod! chasing them was fun but the larger they are the faster they move so had to get on them quick and bang quick cast out to get results "LISTEN TO THAT DRAG!" thats as tight as the biocraft reel goes. taste quite good when done in a fish smoker with liquid honey.
- Kahawai Kahawai, Fish on.
- kahawai shoal freediving This shoal of kahawai came and visited 3 or 4 times during about an hour in the water at Cable Bay near Nelson New Zealand.
- Toria Adamson catches Kahawai in the Bay of Islands Toria was on a mission to catch her first fish from a boat. She chose Arline Fishing Charters in the Bay of Islands, NZ. These are some of her fish
- Kahawai surface feeding on krill at outer Hauraki Gulf, Auckland
twitter about kahawai
- ShelaJohnson: Island life: There are bright tropical fish of every shape and size. There are huge schools of kahawai and kingf... http://bit.ly/ekNMUO
- KayakFishingNZ: Re: Great Barrier Island 18th to 20th Feb 2011: Post By: Mentaland finally the Kahawai http://bit.ly/h4EA6Z
- Kahawai: @Kahawai nyt didn't link to the correct article! Check out P Krugman's op Ed on the power, not budget issue in Wisconsin
- Kahawai: Wisconsin Power Play - http://nyti.ms/gP13Kf; as usual P Krugman is right on.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about kahawai
“Photographs of sharks caught by surfcasters around New Zealand. Pictures from FishingMag.co.nz forums. Sevengill, School shark or tope, carpet shark”
— Forum-pics-sharks, fishingmag.co.nz
“The Fishing Website - snapper fishing, fishing reports, fishing tips, fishing hints, fishing forums, fishing advice, Fishing New Zealand, softbait, soft bait and soft plastic fishing”
— Forum Rules and Aims - The Fishing Website Forums, .nz
“Spring kahawai ??? Author. Topic. SteveB. Anyone seen any decent schools About the only fun around right now would be light tackle kahawai fishing”
— Sportsfish Australia - Spring kahawai ???, .au
“D'lish. New Zealand's food blog site. Fresh kahawai, iki'd and bled immediately upon capture, is perfect for this dish. It has a great taste and the medium-textured flesh works well with the biggish flavours”
— Go Fish - book by Al Brown :: So D'lish. New Zealand's food, dlish.co.nz
“Blog. The Gourmet Smoking and Grilling Blog. What you can do with Venison. OK so the story goes, our good mate Ashley rang one day kingfish, kahawai, recipes, innovation, 'wood chips', 'meat grinders', 'vacuum packers', 'sausage stuffers'”
— Blog, backyardgourmet.co.nz
“This time I would also like to have a serious try for sea run trout and kahawai. deeper water closer inshore both for sea run trout as for kahawai”
— iB::Topic::sea runners and kahawai, flyshop.co.nz
“You cannot delete your posts in this forum. You cannot vote in polls in this forum. You attach files in this forum. You can download files in this forum. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group”
— Fishing Kaki Forum :: View topic - MO: LAMIGLAS blank from,
— Sign in to Yahoo!,
“On Friday I posted a blog on the subject of darning inspired by the items of clothing coastal fish were caught with pā kahawai, curved lures traditionally made from a pāua”
— Te Papa's Blog, blog.tepapa.govt.nz