- Kakiemon. Sparsely-decorated Japanese porcelain made by the Kakiemon family in the 17th century. The style, decorated with flowers and figures on a white ground in distinctive colours (azure, yellow, turquoise and soft red), was much imitated by later potters in Europe. — “Kakiemon | ”,
- In the world of art and design, colour is important, in fact, of primary importance, with many specific colours bearing the name of their originator. The sublime palette of Kakiemon enamels is a key example. The Kakiemon family remains porcelain. — “Antique Lamps – Kakiemon – A Story Of Harmony And Balance”,
- 200 Burrard St, (604) 688-6866. post reviews, links, location information and more this restaurant hasn't been rated yet, be the first to review. — “Kakiemon Restaurant: Vancouver, BC | Restaurant Reviews”,
- The antique marks glossary and antique terms k covering kakiemon to kutani, antique terms and terminology, antique marks. — “antique marks glossary and antique terms k from kakiemon to”, antique-
- SANAI Japanese Antiques and Fine Art offers Japanese Art, Ceramics, Porcelain. Personally selected antiques, Hirado, Imari, Kakiemon, Kutani, Nabeshima, Kyo Yaki, and more for sale. — “Japanese Art, Ceramics, Porcelain from SANAI, Japanese”,
- kakiemon Reviews and Guides, Read kakiemon eBay Review and Guides in the eBay categories. — “eBay - kakiemon Reviews & Guides”,
- A6547 Covered tureen with stand, sauce , [soft paste] porcelain, hand-painted Kakiemon style design, Chantilly, France, [mid 18th century] Applied plum-blossom relief in white after the Chinese, and painted kakiemon motives after the Japanese, are additional features. — “A6547 Covered tureen with stand, sauce , [soft paste”,
- Sake set, Green tea sets & Japanese tableware store from Japan. Pottery from Imari and Kutani. Japanese traditional goods shop. Tea: Green tea, bancha, matcha, tea ceremony, kyusu, yunomi, chawan. Sake: choko, tokkuri, sakazuki, guinomi. — “Kakiemon Kiln :: Japanese Hand Craft”,
- "Kakiemon" Showing 1 - 16 of 47 Results. Choose a Department to enable Kakiemon Porcelain From the English Country House by Mark & Impey, Oliver Hinton. — “: Kakiemon”,
- Techniques of the World's Great Masters of POTTERY and CERAMICS. by Morley-Fletcher,Hugo(consultant editor) and a great selection of similar Used, New and Collectible Books available now at . — “Kakiemon - AbeBooks”,
- SANAI FINE ART & ANTIQUES online catalogue with selection of Antiques,Vintage Arts,Fine Art,Traditional Collectibles,Popular Collectibles,Gifts & Home Decor,Archives. Early Kakiemon Dish L17 to E18C. — “SANAI FINE ART & ANTIQUES - catalog page 50”,
- Kakiemon (Japanese:柿右衛門) wares were produced at the factories of Arita, Saga Prefecture, Japan from the mid-17th century, with much in common with the Chinese "Famille Verte" style. The Japanese potter Kakiemon Sakaida (酒井田柿右衛門, 1596–1666) is. — “Kakiemon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Many Japanese Kakiemon type designs were copied or adapted by the leading 18th century porcelain makers. References: see R.L. Hobson, Worcester Porcelain, 1910.(Quaritch) for section discussing this design, Kakiemon influences and the Ho Ho bird. — “WORCESTER FIRST PERIOD KAKIEMON HO HO BIRD DECORATION,SIR”,
- Antique Lamps – Kakiemon A Story of Harmony and Balance. In the world of art and design, Kakiemon XIII, (1906-1982), was designated as an important cultural treasure of Japan in. — “Antique Lamps - Lamp Chat”,
- JAN Fine Art specialises in Antique Chinese, Japanese, Korean and South East Asian Porcelain, Pottery, Paintings and Works of Art. A Kakiemon bottle of square section with angled shoulder and short waisted neck painted in iron red and green, blue and black enamels with a bird. — “JAN Fine Art - Collection - Japanese - Kakiemon”, jan-fineart-
- The Japanese potter Kakiemon Sakaida (1596-1666) is popularly credited with being one of the first in Japan to discover the secret of enamel decoration on porcelain, known as 'Akae' The Kakiemon style produced at Arita (Hizen) from the 1670s to the 1690s garnered a significant reputation in Europe. — “Kakiemon Japanese porcelain”,
- Named after Sakaida Kakiemon (1596-1666) who initially developed it. kakiemon. Japanese porcelain wares featuring enamel decoration. Retrieved from "http:///wiki/kakiemon" Categories:. — “kakiemon - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of KAKIEMON : a Japanese porcelain decorated with enamel. — “Kakiemon - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Bonhams showcases museum-quality Kakiemon Ladies and a rare, unrecorded, full-size model of a cloisonné enamel go-ban (games board) The centrepiece of the. — “Bonhams Fine Japanese Art Sale”,
- A SMALL KAKIEMON DISH EDO PERIOD (LATE 17TH CENTURY). Buy and collect contemporary or modern art, old masters, jewelry, wine, watches, interiors, prints, and music at Christie's auctions. — “A SMALL KAKIEMON DISH | Christie's”,
related videos for kakiemon
- LOVEJOY(5)PIG IN A POKE 2 PIG IN A POKE - Lovejoy becomes involved in returning a stolen antique to its rightful owner. The police are on his tail, but Jane saves the day.
- LOVEJOY(5) THE KAKIEMON TIGER 1 THE KAKIEMON TIGER - Beth, an employment trainee, joins the Lovejoy team. Lovejoy is menaced by a London loan shark and "hijacks" a country house auction in order to pay his debts.
- LOVEJOY(5) THREE MEN AND A BRITTLE LADY 5 THREE MEN AND A BRITTLE LADY - Charlotte's ex-boyfriend arrives from New York and asks her to live in Paris with him. Gimbert is conned into buying copies of an expensive Bow Lady and Cow-creamer, but Lovejoy catches the villain.
- Television:: Lovejoy Television Show: Lovejoy, Created By: John Grant,
- LOVEJOY(5) THE KAKIEMON TIGER 4 THE KAKIEMON TIGER - Beth, an employment trainee, joins the Lovejoy team. Lovejoy is menaced by a London loan shark and "hijacks" a country house auction in order to pay his debts.
- LOVEJOY(6)HOLDING THE BABY 2 HOLDING THE BABY - Lovejoy seeks the help of a Caribbean expert to locate a valuable 19th-century dresser. He buys it for a song although someone else knows of its existence. Meanwhile, Charlotte is left holding the baby, literally
- LOVEJOY(5) THE KAKIEMON TIGER 5 THE KAKIEMON TIGER - Beth, an employment trainee, joins the Lovejoy team. Lovejoy is menaced by a London loan shark and "hijacks" a country house auction in order to pay his debts.
- LOVEJOY(5) THE KAKIEMON TIGER 3 THE KAKIEMON TIGER - Beth, an employment trainee, joins the Lovejoy team. Lovejoy is menaced by a London loan shark and "hijacks" a country house auction in order to pay his debts.
- LOVEJOY(5) A GOING CONCERN 5 A GOING CONCERN - In running a scam at the vacant Felsham Hall, Lovejoy crosses swords with the glamorous Charlotte Cavendish. When the Hall is sold, Lovejoy rents the stables on the Felsham Estate for Lovejoy Antiques.
- LOVEJOY(5) THE KAKIEMON TIGER 2 THE KAKIEMON TIGER - Beth, an employment trainee, joins the Lovejoy team. Lovejoy is menaced by a London loan shark and "hijacks" a country house auction in order to pay his debts.
twitter about kakiemon
- Rogermoline: TRAILER THE SUCCESSOR OF KAKIEMON @submrine on Vimeo http://t.co/4nLOmtnN
- Mediafonds: RT @BingerFilmlab: We recommend snapping up tickets to Susan Raes' 'The Successor of Kakiemon,' which received coaching at Binger from Heddy Honigmann! #IDFA
- Spacecope: TRAILER THE SUCCESSOR OF KAKIEMON http://t.co/rNJVpvEA
- themethodcase: I just liked "TRAILER THE SUCCESSOR OF KAKIEMON" by @submrine on Vimeo: http://t.co/2h8UWXN3
- themethodcase: The Successor of Kakiemon,When the traditional stands against the modernity of massproduction. by @SubmarineChannl http://t.co/mzaQpGE2
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about kakiemon
“Teapot measures 4-3/4′′ tall and is nearly 10′′ wide, from tip of the spout to the end of blue decoration and overglaze enamels (Arita ware, Kakiemon type); modern silver lid "”
— teapot " Past Imperfect, The Art of Inventive Repair,
“wares made in the town of Arita, northwestern Kyūshū, and exported other than white and blue are used for Kakiemon porcelain. Red is used a lot on this”
— School Blog | Japanese School Asahi Nihongo: Imari porcelain, blog.japanese-school-
“artelino - Articles on art, artist biographies and tips for art collectors. Japanese Ceramics Arita, Kakiemon, Fukugawa, Kutani, Satsuma, Banko Earthenware and Satsuma pottery”
— Articles on Art - artelino,
“Possible Kakiemon 1600's porcelain ( YHR - Feb 07, 2007 (06:02 AM) Re: Possible Kakiemon 1600's porcelain Subject:Possible Kakiemon 1600's porcelain. Posted By: Wed, Feb 07, 2007 IP: 188.8.131.52. I recently”
— Asian Art Forums - Detail List,
“Ben Hills and The Japanese Imperial Family. Slams Kodansha for backing out of book on Kendo,Karate,Yado,Sumo,Ko-Imari-Kakiemon,Wajima nuri-urushi,gastronomy-Sushi,Ocha,music”
— Japan Beyond Stereotypes Weblog,
“News, Rss feeds, This Kakiemon piece would have been acquired by either a collector who had visited Japan or by a representative of the Saxon court who had orders to visit Japan to acquire at first hand original pieces that in turn would illustrate painted porcelain copied from European originals”
— Blog - DR des DANIELA ANTONIN'S LECTURE AT THE 2008 CERAMICS FAIR,
“Are you a collector or are you in an accumulating phase? I interviewed Arnoldus Wilhelmus Johannes Jacobs—who likes to be called Arno Jacobs (or just Arno). He is a technical laboratory manager at the Fontys University of Applied Science in”
— Developing a Passion for Collecting Chinese Porcelain,
“Tokyo City Tour offer tours with english speaking guide. Gallery of Kakiemon, where the famous red color was born by him during 17 Century. Today we notice a Kaki tree in front (Kaki is Japanese fruit)”
— Tour report by Tokyo City Tour " Imari and Arita, the cradle, tctour.co.jp