- Definition of labarum from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of labarum. Pronunciation of labarum. Definition of the word labarum. Origin of the word labarum. — “labarum - Definition of labarum at ”,
- The Labarum (Greek: λάβαρον / láboron) was a Christian imperial standard incorporating the sacred "Chi-Rho" Christogram, which was one of the earliest forms of christogram used by Christians, becoming one of the most familiar and widely used emblems in Chrisitan tradition. — “Labarum - OrthodoxWiki”,
- Definition of labarum in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of labarum. Pronunciation of labarum. Translations of labarum. labarum synonyms, labarum antonyms. Information about labarum in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “labarum - definition of labarum by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- [[Image:Simple Labarum2.svg|thumb|The Labarum]][[Image:Labarum.png|Labarum|right|200px|thumb|An image of the labarum, with the Greek letters Alpha and Omega inscribed.]][[Image:Christogram with Jesus Prayer in Romanian.jpg|thumb|right|200px. — “Labarum | ”,
- Liturgical resources for English churches. — “Labarum”, labarum.uni.cc
- About the Labarum. The Claims of Zeitgeist: Introduction. November 22nd, 2010 by Albert McIlhenny Posted in Zeitgeist | No Comments " In 2007, the conspiracy theory cult film Zeitgeist was released in its original form (there has since been. — “Labarum”,
- "Labarum, hoc est Christi sacratum nomine signum." PRAYER. Almighty God, Captain of the Host, inspire us, we beseech you, to grow in the virtues of The Primus Pilus will appoint centurions to the Labarum Guard for an indefinite period. — “Labarum Guard”,
- 1658: Nor shall we urge the labarum, and famous Standard of Constantine, or make further use thereof, than as the first Letters in the Name of our Saviour Christ — Sir Thomas Browne, The Garden of Cyrus (Folio Society 2007, p. 168) Retrieved from "http:///wiki/labarum". — “labarum - Wiktionary”,
- A coin of Constantine (c.337) showing a depiction of his labarum spearing a serpent. The emperor Constantine Monomachos (centre panel of a Byzantine enamelled crown) holding a miniature labarum. — “Chi-Rho: Definition from ”,
- Labarum is the name by which the military standard adopted by Constantine the Great after The original labarum, designed under the emperor's direction on the. — “Labarum - Help”,
- labarum (Roman military), sacred military standard of the Christian Roman emperors, first used by Constantine I in the early part of the 4th century ad. The labarum—a Christian version of the vexillum, the military standard used earlier in the. — “labarum (Roman military) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- The labarum (λάβαρον) was a vexillum (military standard) that The etymology of the word labarum is unclear; it is perhaps to be derived from Latin. — “Labarum”,
- LABARUM, the sacred military standard of the early Christian Roman emperors, first 31) describes the first labarum as consisting of a. long gilded spear, crossed at the top. — “Labarum - LoveToKnow 1911”, 1911
- Labarum definition, an ecclesiastical standard or banner, as for carrying in procession. See more. — “Labarum | Define Labarum at ”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. Definition of LABARUM : an imperial standard of the later Roman emperors resembling the vexillum; especially : the standard bearing the Chi-Rho adopted by Constantine. — “Labarum - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Shop labarum t-shirts. Choose from hundreds of unique labarum tees. Large selection of shirt styles. Satisfaction guarantee. — “Labarum T-Shirts | Buy Labarum T Shirts & Clothing Online”, t-
- The labarum (Greek: λάβαρον) was a vexillum (military standard) that A coin of Constantine (c.337) showing a depiction of his labarum spearing a serpent. — “Labarum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Some Protestant Christians, however, especially Restorationists, reject the use of the Labarum due to what they believe to be its pagan origins, although supporters point out that use of the Labarum was already in widespread use by Christians in the third century C.E., mostly on sarcophagi. — “Labarum - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Labarum. Labarum, a Roman military ensign, which is described to have been a more distinguished species of vexillum, or cavalry standard, and, like the rest, was an object of religious veneration amongst the soldiers, who paid it divine honours. — “labarum - NumisWiki, The Collaborative Numismatics Project”,
- Labarum: Christian military standard adopted by Constantine the Great. Page scans include illustrations, maps, and images from the original Catholic Encyclopedia. — “Labarum - Original Catholic Encyclopedia”,
- Labarum is the name by which the military standard adopted by The original labarum, designed under the emperor's direction on the day subsequent to the. — “CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Labarum (Chi-Rho)”,
related videos for labarum
- The Lion Sleeps Tonight - Chi Rho Big Concert 2009
- Chi Rho - Wade in the Water - Luter Concert 12/4/08 Chi Rho performing "Wade in the Water" at their concert in Luter Hall on December 4, 2008.
- Jesus and Zamolxis: Pagan Parallel? www.mircea- JP Holding's response - thx to AaronK Note: Holding's response to Carrier's assertions do not address the central claim that well before Jesus' time we have a documented story wherein a healer man, revered as a god, taught a doctrine of an afterlife in a better place, disappeared from his followers for a while only to return. This is all we can know definitively - whether we want to go the Carrier route and say that this is indicative of pagan influence or the Holding route and state that these similarities are not enough is once again...a question of faith. The fate of the library? - Here is a link with a good discussion on the fate of the Alexandrian library. "Judging the evidence of the ancient writers, the library was gone long before Theophilus was born and Christianity held power." - Thanks to Labarum for the info
- Noisepsalm - Mending the Labarum: Part 2 - Live at Norcal NoiseFest XIII (2009) A live version of the piece "Mending the Labarum" performed live at the Norcal Noisefest XIII (2009) in Sacramento CA. featuring maTh Lewis with special guests: Cary Vandever, Chad E. Wiliams, Susan Hunt, and Jim Willig.
- IONA B04 chi-rho Iona - Chi-Rho, taken from the album "The Book Of Kells"
- Chi Rho Omicron XPO RUSH 2007 ETA CHAPTER Eta Chapter's Rush Video, Cal Poly Pomona
- AEPi Chi Rho UCR Presents 2006 AEPi performing at UCR's 2006 Presents.
- Kevin Lien - In My Head (Jason Derulo COVER) feat. YOU!! LOOONG OVERDUE. This video took me SO LONG to edit and I'm sorry I put if off for so long. Watching these videos was so much fun and it was incredibly heartwarming watching my viewers. I can't thank you guys enough! All the audio and video was recorded separately, but here it is! Hope you guys enjoy! :) Unfortunately I wasn't able to put in every single video due to lack of video time and technical difficulties with downloading. For those I couldn't download, I tried contacting each of you to try to resend it to me, but not everyone got back to me. I'm SO, SO, SOOOOOOOOO sorry to those who weren't featured in this video. I watched every single one and you have no idea how much I appreciate the love and support. If you'd like a shoutout, just send me a message and I'll be glad to give you one! Shout out to Knokiii, justinurban03, sasukesrosebud, RAND0MAL3X, mizjenna, BigJeee, InfinityIsDeath and ThePapandrea. I'm SO sorry I wasn't able to put your submission in the video. Thank you so much for helping me out though :) Last but not least, thank you so all of the supporting clothing companies who were kind enough to provide me with shirts! CHECK OUT MY SPONSORS: Labarum Clothing: Life Apparel Shwa Ware Base Threads: VoteForArt August 30, 2010 #11 - Most Discussed (Today)) - Music #94 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Germany #9 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Music - Australia #27 ...
- maleficentia - in the shadow of the labarum album - revelation from the ancestral whisper
- Scott Wenzel: You Gave Everything Inspired during this days of Holy Week, I created this video. May not have a lot of images, but they get the message through.
- Labarum. On the evening of October 27, 312, with his army preparing for the Battle of the Milvian Bridge, the emperor Constantine I had a vision which led him to fight under the protection of the Christian God. Lactantius states that, in the night before the battle, Constantine was commanded in a dream to "delineate the heavenly sign on the shields of his soldiers". He obeyed and marked the shields with a sign "denoting Christ". Lactantius describes that sign as a "staurogram", or a Latin cross with its upper end rounded in a P-like fashion, rather than the better known Chi-Rho sign described by Eusebius of Caesarea. Thus, it had both the form of a cross and the monogram of Christ's name from the formed letters "X" and "P", the first letters of Christ's name in Greek. From Eusebius, two accounts of the battle survive. The first, shorter one in the Ecclesiastical History leaves no doubt that God helped Constantine but doesn't mention any vision. In his later Life of Constantine, Eusebius gives a detailed account of a vision and stresses that he had heard the story from the emperor himself. According to this version, Constantine with his army was marching somewhere (Eusebius doesn't specify the actual location of the event, but it clearly isn't in the camp at Rome) when he looked up to the sun and saw a cross of light above it, and with it the Greek words Ἐν Τούτῳ Νίκα. The Latin translation is in hoc signo vinces—"In this sign, conquer". At first he was unsure of the meaning of the ...
- Occult Symbols and Meanings: (Labarum) occult symbol Labarum explained. look out for future iterations on different symbols.
- Tying up some loose ends with Labarum312 This is a response to some issues raised by Labarum312 in regards to my video, 'The Labarum'. In this video I discuss the FACTS about Westcott and Hort, and what is the essential issue in 'King James Onlyism'- is the KJB only 'a' Bible or is it THE Bible. Next to salvation itself, there is no more important decision for a believer to make.
- The King James Bible vs The Labarum This is a video discussing the symbol that the KJB foes have united under in the new group 'Contra-King James Onlyism'. It was a group set up by Labarum 312. 'The labarum symbol was in use long before Christianity, usually in relation to the worship of the Sun deity.' The symbol is now used by both the Roman Catholic Papacy and Greek Orthodox Churches. It could well be the standard under which the anti-Christ armies fight against the Lord Jesus Christ, (the Living Word, Rev.19:13), when He returns to set up His Millennial Kingdom. On Youtube, it is now the standard that is uniting together those who reject the KJB as their final authority.
- Chi Rho Big Concert Intro Video 2007 The Chi Rho Call
- Chi Rho Big Concert 2008 Intro Video Office themed intro to BC 2k8. by sam smartt.
- 62/72, KJVOB: God Vindicates christoferL, labarum312 contra icartoon2 Watch in HD fullscreen. How KJVO slander God and other Youtubers; yet in their own mouths, God proves their slander and taqqiya. Here the case study is a round of videos (linked below) surrounding the needless debate over KJV-mistranslated 'Easter', in Acts 12:4. 'Easter' however is the proper modern title for the Jewish holiday called 'Firstfruits', which begins at SUNDOWN on the LAST day of Passover week, as I explain at length, here: . To any normal person, KJV mistranslation is a non-issue. There is always translation error in ANY large body of material, just as there are typos. So here, obviously the translator was tired, not recalling that Herod, a practicing Jew, could never celebrate a holiday which didn't even EXIST until maybe the 5th century (depending on what sources you use to date it). The only legal holidays allowed in Jerusalem of 30AD-44AD (latter is when Acts 12:4 occurs, see end of Acts 11) -- were JEWISH holidays. And to please the Jews, Herod observed them. Claudius was ruling at the time: he was anti-Christian (he banned them from Rome), but pro-traditional Roman gods. (Isis had been banned by Augustus; Claudius revived Augustan rules, which Caligula let lapse, see Suetonius, esp. sections 23-25. There was no 'Ishtar', known then. That name is centuries older, and the cult of Isis had a different holiday pattern. You can read a bit more, here: ) But the KJVO are not normal. They will resort to any insane calumny -- here ...
- Chi Rho Omicron Tonite Show 2007 Chi Rho Omicron, Beta Chapter presents Tonite Show, 5th Edition. Here are the highlights, in case you missed it. For more information, please visit us at
- Chi Rho 2010 Big Concert Grace's Amazing Hands Chi Rho 2010 Big Concert @ Wake Forest University
- Delta Psi Chi Rho Anthem Waooh. Stroll or Get Strolled on volume 1 coming soon.
- Noisepsalm - Mending the Labarum: Part 1 - Live at Norcal NoiseFest XIII (2009) A live version of the piece "Mending the Labarum" performed live at the Norcal Noisefest XIII (2009) in Sacramento CA. featuring maTh Lewis with special guests: Cary Vandever, Chad E. Wiliams, Susan Hunt, and Jim Willig.
- Maleficentia - Revelation - In The Shadow Of The Labarum "In The Shadow of The Labarum" is from the third album "Revelation From The Ancestral Whisper" produced by Maleficentia, a French Black Metal band. http
- Steal Away - Chi Rho Big Concert 2009
- Chi Rho - Wade in the Water (WFU) Chi Rho - Luter Lounge Concert 12/4/08 Men's Christian A Capella Ensemble Wake Forest University
- Getting Into You - Chi Rho Big Concert 2009
- The Geomancy of the Dome of the Rock: Vatican and Dome oriented structurally. The Labarum design at the Vatican and the Octagon of the Dome of the rock both have structural elements that point from one structure to the other!
- The Labarum and the AntiChrist This a Roman Catholic book written in 1884 and it shows a Labarum with the number 666.
- Iona - Chi-Rho Christian band Iona performing "Chi-Rho" (Holland, 1996)
- Chi Rho 2010 Big Concert New Day & Another Day
- You Are Loved - Chi Rho Big Concert 2009
- Chi Rho - Nearer My God to Thee - Luter Concert 12/4/08 Chi Rho performing "Nearer My God to Thee" at their concert in Luter Hall on December 4, 2008.
- IONA H205 chi-rho Iona - Chi-Rho, taken from the live-album "Heaven's Bright Sun"
- The Order of Centurions The Order was established on Michaelmas MMIII as an association of Christians to resist the corruption and error found in the world. It sought to guard the simple Apostolic Faith as had been formulated in the Early Church and was articulated in the early statements of belief and Scripture, to encourage the practice of a simple, ancient form of worship; and encourage members to live by the plain Word of Scripture. The Order follows in the tradition of Constantine's "Torquati", 50 Roman citizen warriors who were called out to form the honor guard for the Labarum - the symbol of Christ's sovereignty in the Legion. Membership in the Torquati was not based on class or family heritage, but upon calling and duty. Membership of the Order, likewise, was designed to be open to anyone who answered the call in accordance with Peter's statement concerning Cornelius the Centurion, "I truly understand that God shows no partiality, but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him." The Internet Chapel of the Centurions was consecrated on Michaelmas MMIV. The the Service Branch of the Labarum Guard was activated on 28 October MMV, the Anniversary of the Battle of Saxa Ruba (Milvian Bridge). Finally, the Academy of Centurions Theological School was activated on Michaelmas MMVIII, the Order's fifth anniversary. HISTORY OF THE CENTURIONS Many Roman soldiers were Christians. Indeed, the Christian faith spread rapidly in the Army and the XII Legion was known ...
- Chi Rho Big Concert Intro Video 2006 "A Day in the Life of Chi Rho," by Sam Smartt, narrated by Roman Irvin
- Chi Rho 2010 Big Concert Something Beautiful
- Chi Rho Big Concert 2009 Video (missing one scene) the almost completed version of the Chi Rho Big Concert video 2009 (the one that actually played at the concert). Still to come is the cheesy Japanese fight scene with Christian, Gabe, and JMac that i wasn't able to finish before the concert...
- Chi Rho Omicron (XPO) Perpetratin 2005 Chi Rho Omicron, XPO, performs at San Jose State in Perpetratin hosted by Sigma Omicron Pi
- Chi Rho Omicron (XPO) Fall Rush 2008 Chi Rho Omicron, XPO, is currently rushing at San Francisco State University. For more information, please contact our rush chairs Andrew Manosca (415) 373-7520 Bryan Olazo (925) 642-6137 Or visit us at
- Babylon the Great (9 of 40) - The Papacy **correction: it should say Pompey rather than Ptolemy @1:17 Music by Delerium
- Iona - Chi Rho ('Book Of Kells' Promotional Video/1992) Iona - Ch Rho ('Book Of Kells' Promotional Video/1992). Most of this was filmed around the reed marshes at Snape, Suffolk (close to the home of the British composer Benjamin Britten) and features the main members of the band that recorded the 'Book Of Kells' album. David Fitzgerald (Saxes/Flutes/Assorted Woodwinds), Dave Bainbridge (Keyboards/Guitars/Assorted Stringed Instruments), Joanne Hogg (Vocals), Nick Beggs (Chapman Stick & Basses), Terl Bryant (Drums/Percussion).
- Labarum Reka Russian Monarchists
twitter about labarum
- Patchouli_BMbot: Maleficentia「In The Shadow Of The Labarum」http://bit.ly/f4bynX
- Togetherwegain: Roman Coin Gratian AD 367-383 Gratian Standing Facing Holding Labarum and Shield Coin found in East Midlands in 1970s http://goo.gl/IcyBZ
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about labarum
“[Archive] Junked Notifications 2 Critics Corner The Art of Sound Forum > The Aficionado's Arena (non-hi-fi related) > Critics Corner > Junked Notifications 2. PDA. View Full Version : Junked Notifications 2. Labarum. 19-06-2010, 12:10 PM. I have reset my options”
— Junked Notifications 2 [Archive] - The Art of Sound Forum,
“< eobyzantine Mnline Forum Index"lsa larref=".aq.php?sid=2a06b9ecc43e2edc894509dfe530eacb" emberls (xml) < lsdiv < Blog ist"lsa. Clendar lsa. PhotoaAlbm.lsa. Poivtie Messges. Logi Oto”
— Neobyzantine Online :: Viewing profile,
“Profile: Labarum. About. User Name: Labarum. Forum Rank: HIFI Newbie. Real Name: Location Powered by Yet Another version 22.214.171.124 (NET v2.0) - 3/29/2008”
— HIFICRITIC FORUMS,
“Blog and Mablog. Blogos. Blogs4God. Books, Issues & Education. By Living Waters.• Cantate Labarum Blog. Ladydusk. La Sabot Post-Moderne. Laughing Linden Branch”
— 40 Bicycles, 40
“Profile for member Labarum cyprus broadband forum. cyprus internet statistics. broadband platforms. cyta i-choice. primetel. cablenet. internet service providers. netrunner by cytanet. otenet. netway. spidernet. logosnet. wavespeed. avacom net. alternative broadband”
— Cyprus Broadband : View the profile of Labarum,
“The Labarum Network contains websites that promote and defend historic Christianity as expressed in Holy Scripture, the Church Fathers and the Ecumenical Councils. There have been no denomination”
— Labarum Network,
— Labarum Blog,
“http:///blog/post/6230263. http:///blog/archives blog/archives/list/200911. http:///blog/archives”
“Romanian History, Istorie, Dacia, Daci, Carpato-danubieni, tracii, tarile romane, romania, society, societate Using the new Labarum as his battle standard, which would relate to everybody, Constantine took the field and the Empire was born again”
— * FORUM,