- lithophane (porcelain), biscuit, or unglazed, white porcelain decorated with a molded or impressed design, usually reproducing a painting, that was meant to be seen by transmitted light. Only a few examples were painted. — “lithophane (porcelain) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- Lithophane History. Perhaps one of the most unusual and interesting art forms to emerge The time taken to produce a lithophane is dependent on the size of. — “Lithophane Tutorial”,
- lithophane IN BRIEF: Porcelain impressed with figures that are made distinct by transmitted light. is a free vocabulary and spelling. — “lithophane: Information from ”,
- Lithophane definition, a transparency made of thin porcelain or bone china having an intaglio design. See more. — “Lithophane | Define Lithophane at ”,
- Maxfield parrish design lithophane mantle - 29 results from 8 stores, including Ecstasy (Maxfield Parrish design) Lithophane Mantle Stand Antique Brass, Ecstasy Maxfield Parrish design Lithophane Mantle Stand Antique Brass, Reveries (Maxfield. — “Maxfield parrish design lithophane mantle at TheFind - Search”,
- Lithophane semibrunnea wiltshirei Boursin, 1962; 93, pl. 11, f. 1-5, TL: East Anatolia, Lithophane semibrunnea ; [POOLE] Lithophane (Lithophane) wilthirei ;. — “Lithophane”, nic.funet.fi
- Buy nightlight lithophane, Home Garden items on eBay. Find great deals on Collectibles, Baby items and get what you want now!. — “nightlight lithophane items - Get great deals on Home Garden”,
- Elegant Lithophane Gifts from Bernardaud Limoges and Porcelain Garden such as Lithophane Night Lights, Lamps, and Candle Votives. — “Gift Gallery Online - Gift Gallery Online”,
- : Lithophane Peace - Curved Lithophane Porcelain Nightlight - Water Lily & Japanese Translation " Peace" by The Porcelain Garden. Buy new: $25.00. 6 new from $21.95. Get it by Tuesday, Nov. 23 if you order in the next 27 hours and choose one-day shipping. Eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping. — “: Lithophane”,
- A lithophane (or lithopane or French: lithophanie) is an etched or molded artwork in thin A lithophane presents a three dimensional image - completely different than two. — “Lithophane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Lithophane Source. . We are proud to carry the Lithophane Collection. In Stock and ready for delivery at the Lowest Prices in the World!. — “Belle Rose Farm”,
- Buy lithophane at BizRate, the best price comparison search engine on the web. Shop, compare and save when you buy online. — “lithophane - Online Shopping at BizRate. Black Friday Deals 2010”,
- What is a Photo Lithophane? In a nutshell, it is a photograph that has been carved out of a sheet of A Photo Lithophane lit from the front. Basically light shines though the thinnest part of this translucent carved sheet and light is blocked at its. — “Photographic Lithophanes - new technology for an old Artform”,
- Since 1983, The Porcelain Garden has been the acknowledged leader in providing the finest and most unique porcelain Lithophane lighting products available. — “Welcome to The Porcelain Garden. The Finest in Translucent”,
- Lithophane Manufacturers & Lithophane Suppliers Directory - Find a Lithophane Manufacturer and Supplier. Choose quality Lithophane Manufacturers, Suppliers, Exporters at . — “Lithophane-Lithophane Manufacturers, Suppliers and Exporters”,
- We can carve a Lithophane from nearly any good photograph Lithophane is pronounced Litho - fane. Copyright © Frostback Custom Design LLC 2010, All. — “Frostback Design”,
- Home page of Blair Museum of Lithophanes. Home to the world's largest collection of antique lithophanes. wide by 10 3/4 inches tall) flat lithophane known showing the eruption of Mount Vesuvius. — “Blair Museum of Lithophanes”,
- Category:Lithophane. From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository Lithophane of tiger . 35,444 bytes. Lithophanie1 auflich 1,456,556 bytes. Lithophanie1. — “Category:Lithophane - Wikimedia Commons”,
- The history of lithophane lamps begins not in France, but in China. China is the original birthplace of porcelain. — “Lithophane Lamps”, antiques-
- Custom lithophane nightlights made from personal photographs. We manufacture custom lithophane nightlights from your photographs. Our night lights have incredible detail. — “”,
- Definition of Lithophane in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of Lithophane. Pronunciation of Lithophane. Translations of Lithophane. Lithophane synonyms, Lithophane antonyms. Information about Lithophane in the free online English dictionary and. — “Lithophane - definition of Lithophane by the Free Online”,
- The Lithophane was originally developed in Europe during the early part of the 19th century. Made of porcelain, they don't initially appear very impressive, just a collection of bumps and lines forming a picture. The wax was then used to create a mould, from which the porcelain Lithophane was made. — “Grand Illusions - Toy Collection - Lithophane”, grand-
related images for lithophane
- Lithophane unimoda jpg
- Genessee Falls jpg
- MAKE contributor Steve Lodefink posted results from his Lumenlab Micro CNC s maiden voyage Lithophanes were a popular way to hide girlie pictures in the bottom a of gentleman s tea cup
- 成虫写真3 成虫写真4 成虫写真5 成虫写真6
- La Nébuleuse ou la xyline du chêne Lithophane ornitopus Hufnagel 1766 17 IV 20067 Châteauroux les Alpes Les Rozans 1080m dépt 05 Famille des Noctuidae sous famille des Hadeninae Habitat Forêts de feuillus
- Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- 9910 Lithophane antennata Ashen Pinion
- 成虫写真7 成虫写真8 成虫写真9 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- Longueur de l aile antérieure 18 21 mm Période de vol Octobre à novembre
- New Photos Lithophane ornitopus 6971
- the front with no light passing through The other is with sunlight passing through the lithophane These can be mounted in a light box on a lampshade or in a window for amazing results
- 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- 成虫写真5 成虫写真6 成虫写真7 成虫写真8
- Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- 属 ミズナラ KD 終齢幼虫体長 mm 45 掲示板から一言 成虫写真3 は 2004年9月21日 北海道道東 Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3
- 石川 愛知 富山 岐阜 成虫出現月 9 掲示板から一言 成虫写真2 は 1995年10月 群馬県水上町にて Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- シナノキ科 シナノキ KD 終齢幼虫体長 mm 40 掲示板から一言 成虫写真2 は2001年9月 群馬県にて Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- mifunesla s JPG
- 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 成虫写真4 成虫写真5
- New Photos Lithophane lamda a6960
- Go back to album
- La Nébuleuse ou la xyline du chêne Lithophane ornitopus Hufnagel 1766 17 IV 20067 Châteauroux les Alpes Les Rozans 1080m dépt 05
- 9887 Lithophane bethunei Bethune s Pinion
- パーク 成虫写真8 は2006年1月9日 埼玉県狭山市 成虫写真9 は2006年2月21日 山口県光市千坊山 Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3
- jyosia s JPG
- Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3 成虫写真4
- ここから下はアクリルケースが足りなかったので 透過原稿ユニットでスキャンしています
- 分布 本州 掲示板から一言 成虫写真2 と 成虫写真3 は同一個体で 2006年4月1日 福井県越前市 Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3
- 成虫出現月 9 成虫越冬 終齢幼虫体長 mm 30 35 掲示板から一言 成虫写真2 は2004年4月17日 安曇野 Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- Lithophane consocia tumma puuyökkönen Lithophane lamda hankopuuyökkönen Lithophane hepatica ruskopuuyökkönen Xylena vetusta ruskohirsiyökkönen
- 植物 ブナ科コナラ属 コナラ ミズナラ KD カシワ 掲示板から一言 成虫写真3 は3月19日 徳島市 Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 成虫写真3
- New Photos Lithophane lamda a6957
- 成虫写真8 成虫写真9 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
- 石川 福井 富山 岐阜 成虫出現月 10 11 4 掲示板から一言 成虫写真2 は2006年4月14 福井県越前市 Lithophane属一覧 成虫写真1 成虫写真2 Lithophane属一覧 無断転載禁止
related videos for lithophane
- KL-6090.AVI This is KL-6090 running under Mach3
- Machining a pipe lithophane using DeskProto Lithophanes are artworks created in thin material, that can only be seen when the material is illuminated from the back side. The thinner the material, the more light can come through, so a picture will result. Lithophanes are easy to create on a CNC milling machine, using the DeskProto CAM software. You can use any photo (JPG, GIF or BMP file) to create your lithophane. This video is about a special type of lithophane: a plastic pipe that is lit from the inside. The result can be used as a lamp-shade. For more information see
- CNC Lithophanes - Outlasts life itself Lithophane collecting is fast becoming one of the worlds most valuable and desirable hobbies. Limited quantity original titles seem to be the best investments ($45 & up)because of the fast increase in value. Smaller lithophane titles - up to about 2" - are easily stored and tend to be a better investment. Be wary of low-cost ceramic & porcelain high volume productions.
- Divine Proportion HaloTech Watch Nautilus shell design as a 3d watch dial. Buy it here -
- 3D Stonehenge design HaloTech Lithophane Watch Lithophane dial watch with amazing 3D image
- Virgin Mary design HaloTech lithophane watch Lithophane dial watch with amazing 3D image. Buy it here -
- Clawfoot Clawfoort modelled and toolpathed in Aspire by Graviroso
- CNCWrapper doing Lithophanes CNCWrapper doing Lithophanes on round tube
- Moon design HaloTech lithophane watch Lithophane dial watch with amazing 3D image. Buy it here -
- Lithophane with backlighting from sunlight This is a lithophane I made. Backlighting is from evening sunlight.
- MACH CNC Lithophane
- Zodiac design HaloTech lithophane watch Lithophane dial watch with amazing 3D image. Buy it here -
- 360 Degree Panoramic Lithophane on 4 Axis CNC Router This is probably a first. A high resolution 360 degree panoramic Lithophane. I did this on my 4 axis CNC router out of 4" PVC pipe using PhotoVcarve software to generate the g-code. I was able to mate the beginning and end of the image together seamlessly. This was taken half way through the finish pass.
- CORIAN® CNC by This is the state of the art cnc facility at wharf solid surface. We template, fabricate and install CORIAN® through our totally digital process. visit for more info.
- nCreating a Panoramic Lithophane on a PVC cylinder - Jorgensen This is an overview of creating a Lithophane from a common PVC 6 in pipe using high-resolution digital (infrared) cameras, software to port a bitmap image to CNC router software, and the finished product off of a Thermwood CNC router. First mentioned circa 1825, this process involved carving a picture out of wax, then, using a lost-wax casting process, the picture was finally cast in porcelain. Light then transmitted through the reverse bass-relief porcelain was seen as a picture. Dramatic and popular for its time. We have been working with this old process in new ways: using digital photographs and computer numerical controlled (CNC) machine routers that carve relief into Coiran-like materials and PVC. Adapting the photographic process as well as the software for the routers, we have been able to achieve dramatic results.
- RoboCNC Projects : Making a Lithophane out of Corian Modeled : Artcam Pro Roughing : 6mm And 3mm Ballnose Finishing : 3/64" Ballnose Pictures and more info @ Not all projects make YouTube.., So also subscribe to my website !! Thanks to all voters, and subscribers !
- FOREVER IMPRESSIONS LITHOPHANES - CNC MADE! NEW for 2010 B & F Millwork, Warminster Pa. 18974 ..Do you have that Perfect picture that You want to last forever? We have want you want. We can make your .JPG come to life in 3D ART.. HERE IS HOW .Lithophanes are 3D photographs that when viewed in normal lighting look a little dull and lifeless. But when back lit transform into stunning 3D pictures with depth and detail that cannot be seen in a flat 2D photograph. Lithophanes originate from a process developed back in the mid 1800's for mass producing 3D pictures in porcelain. A 3D design was hand engraved into a thin sheet of bees wax that was placed over a lighted candle to show the effect of light passing through the wax. This master design was then used to make a mold for casting designs in porcelain. Varying levels of light to pass through the porcelain depending upon the thickness Family, friends and work colleagues will all want 3D Lithophanes of their loved ones carved into permanent visible memories that won't fade or age.
- corian lithophane
- HaloTech LED Lithophane Photo frame LED photo frame with custom lithophane insert. Buy it here -
- CNC Lithophane cut on Corian This video shows my home built CNC machine cutting out a 4"X4" Lithophane of Albert Einstein out of Corian. The bit is 1/32" with .005" stepover. Total Machine time is 11hrs.
- Pleasant Hill Hampton Fairgrounds.mov This is the original Infrared panorama file for the Lithophane cylindrical panorama that is another You Tube video of mine. This was taken using a Panoscan camera - a high-resolution panoramic camera - of the Pleasant Hill Historical Restoration at the Franklin County Fairgrounds in Hampton, Iowa.
- 4th axis lithophane This video shows the cutting of a lithophane using a 4th axis. This lithophne was made from a 3" PVC pipe.
- Lithophane Lithophane means 'light in stone'. Popular in Europe in the 1850s, these were often made of porcelain. In normal light there is nothing much to see. But when the lithophane is back-lit, a beautiful image appears, with amazing detail. The whole picture is created simply because of the different thicknesses of the material - where it is thick, the picture is dark, and where it is thinner, the picture is lighter. Modern lithophanes have been made of plastic, and even of chocolate!
- Lithophane CNCed out of cutting board My very first try to mill lithophane picture. I tried plastic cutting board and it doesn't look bad at all...
- Cutting a Lithophane With Newly Setup CNC Router Just testing the newly setup cnc router on a lithophane project. First cutting a pocket into Corian and then cutting the lithophane (there are around 2000 lines at about 30 secs a line).
- HaloTech Astronomer Watch Watch with 3d lithophane dial and led light. Buy it here -
- Lithophane with backlighting from LED panel Lithophane I made backlit with an LED panel.
- Corian Cutting Laser Machine A Kern Laser Cutter. This laser system is cutting 1/2" corian with a 400 watt laser machine. For more information on these laser systems. Visit us at .
- Machining a flat lithophane using DeskProto Lithophanes are artworks created in thin material, that can only be seen when the material is illuminated from the back side. The thinner the material, the more light can come through, so a picture will result. Lithophanes are easy to create on a CNC milling machine, using the DeskProto CAM software. You can use any photo (JPG, GIF or BMP file) to create your lithophane. This video shows how to create a flat lithophane. For more information see
- - Rotary CNC - 6" PVC Pipe Lithophane This is a lithophane I cut of a friends granddaughter from a scanned picture. They are available for you at They make unique gifts. You send me a digital picture, and I will make you a lamp.
- Veronica lake Lithophane See a Lithophane come to life
- Lladro Thanksgiving Lithophane Votive For More Info or to Buy Now: Lladro Thanksgiving Lithophane VotiveAdd a touch of warmth to your holiday dinner. This beautiful porcelain votive features a traditional Turkey Day scene. It makes a great gift when you're... Prices shown on the previously recorded video may not represent the current price. View to view the current selling price. HSN Item #965219
- CNC VIDEO TURBOCNC japan rockhill
- Custom Lithophanes KUSTOM IMAGES OF YOU Custom Lithophanes and more This is just a video to show some of the Lithophanes and light boxes that have been made at Kustom Images of You. All 5 x 7 Custom Lithophanes are only $75 with a light box!!
- Finished 360 Degree Panoramic Lithophane This is a video of the finished 360 degree panoramic lithophane I made.
- How I made one of my first Lithophane's How to make a Lithophane with a CNC Router
- Aztec Calendar design HaloTech lithophane watch Lithophane dial watch with amazing 3D image. Buy it here -
- Buddha design HaloTech lithophane watch Lithophane dial watch with amazing 3D image. Buy it here -
- Carvewright lithophane EC-130H This is a lithophane made from1/4 corain heated/bent and then put into a mahogany lightbox with an LED light source.
- KL 6090 CNC router cutting large lithophane Keling KL-6090 CNC router cutting large lithophane at 100 inches/second. Rapids are set to 120 inches/second.
- David Delamare: Alice in Wonderland Painting (Beware the Jabberwock) As his publisher, I'm often asked how David Delamare goes about creating a painting or where he gets his ideas. The real answer, of course, is immensely complicated and more than a little mysterious. It helps to have the right paints, brushes, and canvas, but this constitutes a tiny portion of the equation. Far more important is maintaining a certain state of mind, one which results from many years of rising late in the day; dipping into the New Yorker, Nabokov, or Wind in the Willows; following with a long bath (jazz, opera, or Teaching Company tapes in the background); listening to Monty Python, "Duck Soup" or "The Third Man" while painting; finding time for Stoppard and Pinter plays; walking instead of driving; eavesdropping greedily in restaurants; choosing witty and eccentric friends; and taking time out for a Bombay Sapphire and tonic in the afternoon. Alter or remove any one of these elements and a painting may shift or fall flat. This is why it seemed entirely appropriate when a patron, upon viewing his paintings, asserted that David obviously listened to Mozart while working, and entirely absurd when someone else offered to publish a book in which David would teach "how to paint fairies." Long time collectors know that what's best about a Delamare painting isn't the technique or even the narrative content. What makes a Delamare painting worthwhile is the specific sensibility and personality that so clearly infuses it. The correct answer to the question "how does ...
- Lithophanes Lithophanes are created by carving shallow regions into translucent material allowing more light to pass through these regions. When done properly a 3D photograph can be created. If no light is passing through the Lithophane seems like a crude but interesting piece of art. Holding it up to the sky or backlighting it reveals it's true nature. Please contact me if you would like to have one of these keepsakes created from your own personal photograph.
twitter about lithophane
- DestinyLighting: Spring Fever Bonanza! Look At This Deal:Lithophane 20"H Mare & Foal Table Lamp "Custom Made" http://froo.co/30F9Xhr00s
- Bidfactor: Ebay,Ending Soon! : picture and lithophane g code cad/cam cnc software: US $14.99 (0 Bid) End Date: Sunday Apr-... http://bit.ly/f9Ug25
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about lithophane
“Lightbox for Lithophane display Blog entry by Arbo. posted 32 days ago. 297 reads. 0 Blog Entries RSS. Reviews RSS. Forum Topics RSS. Site Blog Entries RSS”
— Lightbox for Lithophane display... - by Arbo @ LumberJocks,
“The Bethune's Pinion (Lithophane bethunei) species account was BAMONA's blog " first" previous 78 79 80 81 8283 84 85 86 next "last " Read our statement on advertising”
— Blogs | Butterflies and Moths of North America,
“MAKE contributor Steve Lodefink posted results from his Lumenlab Micro CNC's maiden voyage -Lithophanes were a popular way to hide girlie pictures in the bottom a of gentleman's tea cup around the end of the 19th century. An image”
— Make: Online : Lithophane-making with the Micro CNC,
“I've been wondering for a long time where all the clarinet shoes were. Lithophane. Lithophanes were a popular way to hide girlie pictures in the bottom a of”
— Finkbuilt " Blog Archive " My Robot Made This,
“Customer Reviews and Descriptions of Specialty Lighting We have Lithophanes in many products but the most popular Lithophane product is the plug-in Night Light”
— Specialty Lighting Snowy Egret Lithophane Porcelain Flat, canonoferipture.blog131.fc2.com
“My Lithophane collection If the lithophane itself is undamaged I think it would sell, but not at such a high price (unless you have two or more bidders lacking that particular lithophane in their collection!). I would hesitate to suggest a starting price as I am not an expert, just a keen amateur”
— Helen's Lithophanes,
“Visitors' Forum. Asian Art Forums. Message Listing by Date: lithophane processed Japanese porcelain ( Betty Subject:Re: lithophane processed Japanese porcelain. Posted By: Wed, Nov 03, 2010 IP: 126.96.36.199. Porcelain tea sets with molded”
— Asian Art Forums - Detail List,
“Home " Blogs " admin's blog. admin's blog. The Creepy Skull Lithophane Art! Tue, 10/20/2009 - 18:52 — admin. Bored with the daily If you did, then this skull lithophane is going to be the Deadly' choice for you! Some people are immediately”
— admin's blog | CircuitGeek,
“Collectors' Quest is interactive community and marketplace for the collectible community. Showcase your collections, meet other collectors and buy, sell or trade with others. Find out the latest happenings in your own collectible community”
— Lithophane | Collectors' Quest,
related keywords for lithophane
- lithophane night light
- lithophane lamp
- lithophane geisha
- lithophane museum
- lithophane steins
- lithophane mug
- lithophane material
- lithophane unimoda
- lithophane antennata
- lithophane antique
- lithophane night light half dome
- lithophane night light mermaid
- lithophane night light david delamare
- lithophane night light guardian angel
- lithophane night light wholesale
- lithophane night light the porcelain garden
- lithophane night light children
- lithophane night light dog
- lithophane night light parts
- lithophane night light fairies