- Vice Minister Ma Chairs the Central China Business Summit of the Expo Vice Minister Ma Chairs the Central China Business Summit of the Expo Central China 2008. Speech at the Banquet of China General Chamber of Commerce. — “Mme.Ma Xiuhong,Vice Minister of Commerce of PRC”, maxiuhong2
- Five ESAs were launched in 1987: Breadalbane, Loch Lomond , the Stewartry, Whitlaw/Eildon in the Borders (to become the Central Borders), and the Machairs of the Uists, Benbecula, Barra and Vatersay, a narrow strip of western seaboard in the Western Isles. — “The Macaulay Land Use Research Institute - Scottish”,
- These are called 'machairs.' Even the more elevated parts of these long reaches are only a few feet above sea-level, while. the more depressed parts are now and again submerged under the sea. The machairs are closely covered with short green grass, thickly studded with herbs of fragrant odours and. — “Carmina Gadelica Vol. 2: Notes: M”, sacred-
- We are camped on the beach sheltered by sand dunes or machairs on the landfall site, that is the area where the proposed pipeline Machairs are a valuable and rare habitat that is a combination of. — “Environmental Report from the Rossport Solidarity Camp”, indymedia.ie
- bars in Erving, MA 01344 on Yahoo! Local Get Ratings & Reviews on bars with Photos, Maps, Driving Directions and more. Erving MA Chairs, Chairs Yellow Page Directory Listing for Erving MA at Respond. — “bars in Erving, MA 01344 on Yahoo! Local”,
- machairs. Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Jump to: navigation, search This page was last modified on 11 September 2010, at 13:54. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike. — “machairs - Wiktionary”,
- Definition of machairs in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of machairs. Pronunciation of machairs. Translations of machairs. machairs synonyms, machairs antonyms. Information about machairs in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “machairs - definition of machairs by the Free Online”,
- Heather Isle Meats on-line brings you fresh lamb and mutton from the wonderful and unspoilt environment of the Western Isles. in a coat of purple heather and moorland, with patches of green, sandy soil found adjacent to the sea, known by their Gaelic name of "Machairs". — “Heather Isle Meats — Lewis & Harris Sheep Producers Association”,
- Machairs are bordered on the seaward side by sand dunes planted with Marram grass to prevent coastal erosion. Machairs are now considered one of the rarest habitats in Europe. In summer the Harris machair is mass of brightly coloured carpet flowers such as Irish Lady Tresses,. — “rodel hotel harris | Machair”,
- machairs is Private! We are sorry but this User's Profile is only available to their approved Friends. Log In! That could be why you can't access this page if you know you should have access to it. Try Sending a Private Message to this User asking him/her to allow you access to this page. — “ | machairs is Private!”,
- Ayer MA Chairs, Chairs Yellow Page Directory Listing for Ayer MA at Respond. — “Ayer Chairs - MA Chairs at Respond”,
- Machairs largely owe their fertility to the fact their sand has a high seashell content Machairs have received considerable ecological and conservational attention, chiefly. — “Machair - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Machairs largely owe their fertility to the fact their sand has a high seashell content Machairs have received considerable ecological and conservational attention, chiefly. — “ - Machair from Wikipedia”,
- WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A U.S. Senate panel proposal to expand healthcare coverage would increase the federal deficit by about $1 trillion over 10 years and still leave millions without insurance, a congressional. — “Kennedy health plan estimated to cost $1 trillion | Reuters”,
- Machairs & Company is a management consulting organization whose practice is focused on financial services. Machairs are also home to golf courses, including some of the world's most famous like Lahinch and Turnberry, as well as hidden gems such as Tobermory and St. Patrick's. — “Machairs & Company - Home”,
- The machairs are utilised for grazing and feeding throughout the winter months and for Some machairs are split and follow a 2 year cropped 2 year fallow/grazing rotation in summer months and are then opened for. — “Uist & Barra Cattle Breeders”,
- Alma Marie Snoden Freile, 82, formerly of Toms River, passed away May 14, at Geraldine Thompson Care Center, Allenwood. Alma was born and raised in North Plainfield and was a longtime receptionist for the Watchung Beauty Salon and MacHairs of Bedminster. — “Alma Marie Snoden Freile formerly of Watchung | ”,
- Wild Mayo', a new book by celebrated naturalist Michael Viney, is a beautiful record of the county's ecology. From limestone lakes to turloughs, moorlands to machairs, blanket bogs to woodlands, rocky shores to silk sanded beaches, Wild. — “NATURE Michael Viney's Wild Mayo'”, mayonews.ie
- Floor plan interior design software. Design your house, home, room, apartment, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, office or classroom online for free or sell real estate better with interactive 2D and 3D floorplans. machairs. — “Floorplanner Create floor plans, house plans and home plans”,
- Islay supports many rare species and habitats, many of which are recorded in the EU Birds- and Habitats Directives Even some of the highest densities of breeding waders in the world were counted on the so called Machairs, sandy coastal grasslands (RSPB, 1993 and 1995). — “Islay Nature Vegetation and Habitats”,
related videos for machairs
- runrig --- cearcall a' chuain [ the ocean's cycle] we are all on an ocean steering a course through life sailing a dark vessel lost in the grasp of the ocean the wind is astern the boat forging ahead and time and the sea makes no sense to us at all the sea is calm it is wild,it is vast it is beautiful,it is mysterious it is vengeful and deep o,but we, are blind and all we have is life raise the sail,lift the oars til we get up speed i intend ,i do intend when the sun is sinking down to be seen steering a westerly course on the ocean's cycle to uist o the oceans cycle forever i'll be turning to take me back to the pole machair in the west where the day has dawned
- On the Beach in Machir Bay, Isle of Islay One of the best beaches on Islay is probably Machir Bay on the west coast. This video filmed in April 2012 with a GoPro Hero2 hopefully provides some unusual perspectives and new views. It covers most of the beach, starting from the arrival through the dunes. Then we walk and jog all the way from the north to the south with a few stops. These include the old wreck on the beach and the rocks towards the southern end. It might get a bit wet at times, don't be surprised.
- Tiree Machair Anna, Shona & Isla going back to the bus from the beach
- 20110601 LOB11 - The Machair A video from the Learning on the Beach conference 2011 in Mulranny, County Mayo, Ireland
- Sanday Naturebreak UK takes a break in Orkney and explores the beautiful beaches and the Machair for its unique wildlife
- a tredmill tern into a machair magical
- A spot of baggin in Tiree Marks takes steven,colin and i for a spot of baggin on barrapol machair
- big bad john in kildonan machair with the jcb 805 ditching
- Rabbits on the Machair (92) No rabbits, I repeat... NO real rahbbits were used in any dubious experiments in the making of this video...none were chased, run over or even spotted... I wonder why ?... any resemblance to any known rahbbit is purely a coincidental freak event... Concept and lyrics by Axel Campbell, other mad bits by Karl Random (well what do you expect), starring Mary Carrillo, Alan Fergus, and the original smashed car ! Alan and Axel on guitars and Karl does some mirror image vocals... Recorded June 92
- Mr Boa Spots Girl On Berneray With No Legs Mr Boa spots girl with no legs feeding a sheep on Berneray Machair...and survives
- A TRIP TO THE UIST ISLANDS IN THE OUTER HEBRIDES # 2 LES & GRAHAMS TRIP TO THE UIST ISLANDS. South Uist has over 20 miles of brilliant white shell beaches running continuously down the west coast. The incredible machair lands and dunes alongside these beaches are brimming with flowers and wildlife such as corncrakes and otters. Long and linear, the east coast of South Uist is composed of fjordic inlets and bays. The Loch Druidibeg Nature reserve is a fantastic day out on a crisp winter's day.
- Erosion of the machair What steps the people here are taking to prevent the seemingly inevitable erosion Oh and it's a gabion cage and I don't know where I got man utd from, it seems he's a west ham player?
- Indus Jail Check this Out......! Indus Jail, Wah Cantt ka sub sa acha clg ha jis ki classes ma chairs hi nahi hain maximum 5ya 6 available hoti hain and plz ap bhi yahen admission lana taka ap ko bhi pata chala k standard ki parhai kya hoti ha...........................................................
- lochanside From Tich Frier's new cd "Shanghaied" "Lochanside" Lochanside (Tune McLellan; words and arrangement Jim Malcolm MCPS PRS; pub Malcolm) Lyrics Come the winter, cold and dreary Brings the hawk down from the high scree to the whins where snowy hares hide All around the Lochanside Come the spring the land lies weary Till the sun shines out so cheery Brings the bloom, for all of June¹s pride All around the Lochanside If you'd been you¹d have seen the scatter O the peezies o¹er the machair When above the tawny owl glides All around the Lochanside And the heron he comes a-creeping Through the rashes so green and dreeping to the pool where wily trout slide All around the Lochanside Aye if you ever have a reason To be here in any season Come and try the barley bree in Round the fire on Lochanside Summer time the fish are louping Dippers in the burnies couping Swallows fly from dawn til evens-tide All around the Lochanside By the autumn the pinks are winging Blaeberries o¹er the moors are hanging Salmon through the surging spate fight All around the Lochanside If ye¹d been ye¹d have seen the scatter O the peezies o¹er the machair When above the tawny owl glides All around the Lochanside Aye if you ever have a reason To be here in any season Come and try the barley bree in Round the fire on Lochanside Aye if you ever have a notion To be welcomed with devotion Travel home o¹er any ocean To be here on Lochanside
- Kilpheder Machair ~ sand blow fencing. A Changing Climate - The team - from GalGael, Sunny Govan, North Ayrshire and Govanhill set to work to strengthen sea defences in Kilpheder ~ an area at risk of being lost to the sea if work isn't completed fairly quickly. This video may be used as a 'how to' for groups who wish to learn more about how sand-blow fencing can protect the land. Created on September 25, 2011 using FlipShare.
- Scottish Television Junction before ITN News - Monday 20th December 1993 Following the end of a Take Five promo for Gaelic drama Machair, Brian Ford introduces the ITN News Headlines at 3.20pm. Copyright - STV Group
- 00210 Noisy North Uist three-legged race July 23 2011.mp4 Noisy three-legged race on Saturday night after the Barbecue at Sollas Week in North Uist. At the marquee at the Malaclete machair. July 23, 2011
- Ness Machair A pan of the coast at Habost on the Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides.
- Kirkibost - Wiki Article Kirkibost is a low-lying island west of North Uist in the Outer Hebrides of Scotland. Geography Kirkibost, along with neighbouring Baleshare, is covered by a machair system of coastal plains covered ... Kirkibost - Wiki Article - Original @ http All Information Derived from Wikipedia using Creative Commons License: Author: Nilfanion Image URL: Licensed under:Creative Commons ASA 3.0, Creative Commons License Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported This work is in the public domain in the United States. Author: See above. Image URL: Licensed under:Creative Commons ASA 3.0, This work is in the public domain in the United States.
- Iona - A'Machair (Live/1990) Iona - A'Machair (Uploaded from VHS copy). Recorded in Holland in 1990 for EO Broadcast Company, Hilversum. This concert was for a CCM series called 'Highlight' (that evening we shared the stage with BB & CC Winans & their amazing band!). Dave Bainbridge (Keyboards/Guitars), David Fitzgerald (Saxophones/Flutes), Joanne Hogg (Keyboards), Nick Beggs (Chapman Stick/Bass), Frank Van Essen (Drums/Percussion). This recording has now been digitally remastered & is part of a DVD release entitled 'IONA', on the Open Sky Records label & distributed worldwide by Voiceprint. There are 8 live tracks in total on this DVD, which includes amazing film footage with stunning views of Iona and The Isle Of Mull. There are also a number of interviews with current members of Iona at that time. For more information please visit (for Japan - The Music Plant: ).
- Running The Edge - Running the Edge The 1995 Western Isles Efamol Challenge involved three days of cyling, canoeing and running over the roughest of terrain in the most westerly part of Europe. Believed to be the toughest race in the UK, it started on Eriskay (the island where Bonnie Prince Charlie landed to lead the Jacobite rebellion in 1745). Competing teams in the Western Isles Challenge had to canoe from Eriskay to South Uist and then opt to run or cyle across the Machair. And that was just Day One!
- Ferry to Berneray, off North Uist, from Leverburgh, Isle of Harris, Outer Hebrides, Scotland It's an eleven mile trip to Berneray, an island of about 10 sq km and around 130 inhabitants. In 1999, it was joined to North Uist, its southerly neighbouring island, by a causeway. This improved travel to the island, employment prospects and the carriage of produce, such as crabs and lobsters. Yum yum. The causeway contains culverts that allow the easy passage of otters and fish from one side to the other. There are also big signs on the road asking drivers to look out for otters crossing. A key feature of Berneray is its machair - a coastal plain made up of windblown shell sand.
- Scottish Television Weather & Junction December 20th 1994 Scottish TV Weather with Lloyd Quinan. Adverts for the Co-op and Tennents included. Ident leading into Scottish TV's Gaelic drama - Machair. Announcer - Nick Dixon Copyright - STV Group
- Speaking Our Language- Episode 55 part 1 - Holidays In this episode, the first of the forth and final series, we learn about money, clothes and numbers. Presented by Rhoda MacDonald with Cathy MacDonald and Karen Matheson.
- A TRIP TO THE UIST ISLANDS IN THE OUTER HEBRIDES #3 LES AND GRAHAMS TRIP ON THE UIST ISLANDS, North Uist is a stunning blend of beaches, machair lands and freshwater lochs interrupted by rolling dark moorland hills. Running 13 miles North to South it takes roughly 45 miles to travel around the whole island. The West coast looks out to the beautiful small Isle of Vallay which can be reached at low tide and is home to a foreboding deserted mansion house. To the North, the charming island of Berneray, home to an active, friendly community and HRH Prince Charles' favourite island, is where the ferry arrives from Harris, and is now linked to North Uist by causeway.
- F. MacDonald + Archie Ormiclate Albion reaper.AVI Harvest at Ormiclate, South Uist, Hebrides on an Albion binder
- Neil's Machair Our friend Neil is a thatcher on NorthUist and has got a fabulous web site www.highland- . He cuts the grass from the machair and here is a short clip of the beach. Some people complain about a tough day at the office!
- A TRIP TO THE UIST ISLANDS IN THE OUTER HEBRIDES. THE UIST ISLANDS ARE SPRINKLED WITH FRESHWATER LOCHS, FLOWERY MACHAIR AND BEAUTIFUL BEACHES. AN ABUNDANCE OF WILDLIFE AND HISTORICAL SITES MAKE THIS PLACE WORTH A CLOSER LOOK SO JOIN LES AND GRAHAM ON THERE TRIP AROUND THE UIST ISLANDS.
- The beach and erosion problems Another video about the machair, where does it begin? What defines it? Why the Hebrides are so pretty
- Crooked Jack Machair folk at the session in Ezinge doing Crooked Jack.
- Westward Bound-A pictorial tour of Western Scotland I took a 15 day Island Rover Ticket with Caledonian McBrayne at the end of June 2009. I visited Arran,the Mull of Kintyre,Islay,Oban,Mull,the Outer Hebrides and the Isle of Skye. These are just a few of the many pictures i took. Gracious thanks for the accompanying music by Moby goes to . The two tracks featured are 'Look back In' from Album 18,and Blue Paper from the Album 'Hotel-Ambient'.
- Skerryvore--The Ginger Grouse Jigs Skerryvore with the Ginger Grouse Jigs from there 2007 Album On The Road. The Isle Of Tiree sits right on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean But its right at the heart of west coast scottish music. Skerryvore join a long line of terrific musicians from the tiny Island, A band that will have you Kicking up your Heels on the dance floor till way after dark .Reeling on the machair till early hours and drinking Drams.
- Another shot of the machair Another look at the machair from another angle and also showcasing how lazy I must be. The reason I didn't get out of the car is that the roads on Uist are single track and I was blocking one of the more busy ones. Down with silage bails
- God's Machair Pray for this wilderness
- sesh in the machair bogged in the machair on sat nyt
- Kieren Jones-Machair Man Life on the Uists with our Man on the Machair, Kieren Jones
- Over the sea to Barra - a recumbent trike in the Outer Hebrides Part of a recumbent trike ride south via Eriskay to the Isle of Barra in the Outer Hebrides, then camping on the machair near Barra beach airport. Gaelic music is 'Beo an Duil' used with the kind permission of Uist band, Bi Beo. It's a song for exiles across the world, who long and dream of returning home and the tranquillity this thought gives to their heart.
- Cropped Machair on South Uist As BTCV's Natural Talent Machair apprentice I felt I should at least show people what I have been doing during the last 14 months on the Outer Hebrides. Apologies in advance of all the "eeeehs" and "umms"
- corn02.MOV Bisset binder finishing off on Tigharry machair September 2011
twitter about machairs
- JasperKenter: Scotlands beautiful Machairs under threat from sea level rise #400ppm http://t.co/y7BuAS688J via @zsstevens
- machairs: Race for Life Inverness....new pb
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about machairs
“ I found the image above: Machairs have received considerable ecological and found your blog via Yolanda Elizabet's very late last night, so sorry I'm a bit late with this. A very interesting idea - I was already contemplating a similar one myself, as I've said on my blog - and I'm”
— shirls gardenwatch: Desert Island Plant Challenge,
“Accommodation in the Western Isles, Hotels, Bed and Breakfasts, Inns, Lodges, Camp sites and travel information It is astonishing that at present there is no legislation in place to make this enforcable, as the fragility of the machair's eco-system is in grave danger of being damaged beyond repair”
— Camping on Machair Land - South Uist - Forum,
“Read Latest news from the Book Events Group. by The Book Events Group on MySpace Blogs! New blogTopics added every minute. Last night (18/4/07) at Previous Post: Quern o' Galloway Folk Festival | Back to Blog List | Next Post: Elizabeth Soutar and the National Library of Scotland”
— Latest news from the Book Events Group. - The Book Events,
“Home " Blog " From Buxton to the Hebridies. From Buxton to the I'll be visiting the Machairs on the most westerly point of the British Ilses”
— From Buxton to the Hebridies | Sarah Raven's Kitchen and Garden,
“Being a senior member of this forum relates solely to the number of posts I have made, But there was no land management of the machairs - other than that which had gone on for”
— Tooth & Claw Forum: Pine Martin Dilemma,
“Thu Aug 21 12:00:00 2003. Fri Nov 26 08:39:11 2010. 2742. blondie (nicola) Thu Apr 14 23:17: machairs (Anne MacKenzie) Mon Jan 4 23:59:15 2010. Fri Nov 26 09:44:47 2010. 20. maddy”
— 4 Or More - members listing, forum.4
“Link to the Habitats Directive (92/43/EEC) Annex I (Natural habitat types of community 21A0 (1A) Machairs (* in machairs in Ireland) 22. Sea dunes of the Mediterranean coasts”
— Direkt. pielikums anglisk, ezeri.lv
“arel as well as is the sgian dubh, the pipes, oatmeal the machairs, the language If a small part of my culture and heritage make well as is the sgian dubh, the pipes, oatmeal the machairs, the language If a small part of my culture and”
— Brotherhood of the Kilt,