- Matses National Reserve protects 1,039,390 acres of lowland Amazonian rainforest for the Matses indigenous tribes and the planet. — “Over one million acres of Amazon rainforest saved with WLT-US”, worldlandtrust-
- Photos and description of the Matses Indians, a native tribe of the Amazon Rainforest from Peru and Brazil. — “Matses”, amazon-
- Wars undertaken by the Matsés in the past century and the resulting incorporation of captives from other By alternating their hunting, fishing and swidden sites, the Matsés avoid exhausting the soils and animal populations, despite maintaining relatively. — “Matsés”,
- The Matsés or Mayoruna are an indigenous tribe of the Peruvian and Brazilian Amazon. The Matsés have guarded their lands from both other indigenous tribes and outsider colonials. — “Matsés - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Conceptos de causalidad culturalmente específicos en la gramática del matsés. Este artículo examina la codificación lingüística de una categoría de causalidad en matsés, una lengua pano hablada en la Amazonia peruana y brasileña, poco común en. — “Culture-specific notions of causation in Matses grammar”,
- Matses Bibles, facts, materials and people groups that speak Matses. — “Joshua Project - Matses Bibles, facts, materials and people”,
- Listen to live and archived matses talk radio podcasts on Blog Talk Radio - the leading talk radio network. — “matses talk radio podcast”,
- The Matses or Mayoruna tribe is a native indigenous Amazonian tribe located on the border of Brazil and Peru in the Amazon Rainforest. Speaking a language in the Pano linguistic family, their indigenous Amazonian culture is similar in many. — “Matses Native Amazonian Tribe”,
- The Matsés language (sometimes called Mayoruna) is an indigenous language of the Peruvian The language is vigorous and is spoken by all age groups in the Matsés communities. — “Wikipedia:Matsés language - Global Warming Art”,
- Ethnologue and bibliography information on Matsés. Cultural crisis and ideal values in cultural change among the Matsés of eastern Peru. — “Ethnologue report for language code: mcf”,
- Survival International wrote a note titled Peru: Matsés Indians say no to oil exploration. Read the full text here. — “Survival International: Peru: Matsés Indians say no to oil”,
- MATSES is a non-profit, NGO (non-governmental organization) for Matses native Indians, an indigenous Amazon Tribe from the Amazon Rainforest. — “Matses Tribal Organization”,
- I thought as I, after 8 hours in a dugout canoe, climbed up an impossibly slippery riverbank under the intense scrutiny of 40 Matses Indians. two weeks of flooded landing strips and crashing planes, I had finally arrived to Estiron, a Matses settlement on a small tributary to the Yavarí. — “2 months with the Matses”,
- The Matsés-Mayoruna tribe still lives very traditionally as hunters-gatherers and horticulturalists. Since making first contact in 1969, the Matses have maintained their culture and language. MATSES (the Movement in the Amazon for Tribal Subsistence and Economic Sustainability) is. — “Amazon Native Tribes Photos Videos”,
- The 'Matsés ' or 'Mayoruna' are an indigenous tribe of the Peru vian and Brazil ian Amazon. The tribe's ancestral lands are currently threatened by illegal logging practices and poaching. The Matsés have guarded their lands from both other indigenous tribes and outsider colonials. — “Matsés | ”,
- The Matses or Mayoruna are an indigenous tribe of the Peruvian and Brazilian Amazon. The Matses have guarded their lands from both other indigenous tribes and outsider colonials. — “Unofficial biography of Matses. Matses life and work. Matses”,
- Mathematisch-technische Assistenten und Software Entwickler (MaTAs / MATSEs) Welcome to the Mathematisch-technische Assistenten und Software Entwickler (MaTAs / MATSEs) on XING, the business network for professionals. — “Mathematisch-technische Assistenten und Software Entwickler”,
- . Search: 1 top-level album (33 total), 1718 images. slideshow Last changed on 08/05/06. This album contains 224 items. This album has been viewed 428. — “”,
- Matses - Define Matses at a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms, and translation of Matses. Look it up now!. — “Matses | Define Matses at ”,
- Matsés - Korubo, Matsés language, Animism, Javary River, Matis - VisWiki The Matsés or Mayoruna are an indigenous tribe of the Peruvian and Brazilian Amazon. — “Matsés - VisWiki”,
related videos for matses
- Channel Two Dub Band - RASTA (is our favor) - RootsFest 8-26-2012 http RASTA IS MY FAVOR, JAH IS MY SAVIOR Channel Two Dub Band --------------------------------------- Quenn-I - Bass and Vocal Franko - Guitar Synth and Vocal Greg Matses - Lead Guitar c00p - Drums Adam Frehm - Electric Slide Guitar Cynthea - Backing Vocal Victor Veve - Organ Live recording and post production provided by Vibesville Studio
- At the Frontier in Search of Poison, Part 2 This is a slideshow of my 2005 journey to Peru where, among other things, you can see me lying in my own vomit after receiving frog poison deep in the Amazon jungle...
- Matses Shaman Icaros from a Sapo ritual cure (also called Kambô, Vacina do Sapo or Kampú) A Kambo Stick is a small stick, with on its surface the dried secretions of a bright green tree frog called the Phyllomedusa bicolor. "Kambo", "Kampo" or "Sapo" is a traditional tribal medicine used by Amazonian tribes indigenous to the western Amazon region. The Matses tribe traditionally uses this medicine to obtain strenght, aim and dexterity for the hunting. The utilization of this frog venom is shared by numerous other Amazonian tribes, including the Matis, Kanamari, Kaxinawa, Katukina, Kulina, Yaminawa, Marubo, and Ticuna tribes.
- Channel Two Dub Band - Bob Marley "Exodus/Get Up Stand Up/Natural Mystic/Guiltyness" 7-7-2012 Channel Two Dub Band performing a medley of Bob Marley songs. Live recording by Sergei, Mastered at Vibesville Studio by c00p. Quenn-I - Bass & Vocal Franko - Guitar Synth & Vocal Greg Matses - Lead Giutar & Vocal c00p - Drums, Wavedrum, & Samples JimiJamzz - Guitar Dan Mazur - Keyboards Adam Frehm - Slide Guitar Cynthea - Vocals
- Ohio Terror Sheikh Salah Sultan: Jews Murder Non-Jews and Use Their Blood to Knead Passover Matzos From Blood Libel on Hamas TV - President of the American Center for Islamic Research Dr. Sallah Sultan: Jews Murder Non-Jews and Use Their Blood to Knead Passover Matzos Following are excerpts from an address by Dr. Sallah Sultan, president of the American Center for Islamic Research, which aired on Al-Aqsa TV on March 31, 2010. Dr. Sallah Sultan: I want our brothers, and the whole world, to know what's going on these days, during Passover. Read Dr. Naghuib Al-Kilani's book, Blood for the Matzos of Zion. Every year, at this time, the Zionists kidnap several non-Muslims [sic] Christians and others... By the way, this happened in a Jewish neighborhood in Damascus. They killed the French doctor, Toma, who used to treat the Jews and others for free, in order to spread Christianity. Even though he was their friend and they benefited from him the most, they took him on one of these holidays and slaughtered him, along with the nurse. Then they kneaded the matzos with the blood of Dr. Toma and his nurse. They do this every year. The world must know these facts about the Zionist entity and its terrible corrupt creed. The world should know this. Clip transcript:
- Channel Two Dub Band - c00p's Drum Opening - Live at Nectar's - 7-7-2012 c00p performing a drum introduction to the Channel Two Dub Band show. Live recording by Sergei, Mastered at Vibesville Studio by c00p. Quenn-I - Bass & Vocal Franko - Guitar Synth & Vocal Greg Matses - Lead Giutar & Vocal c00p - Drums, Wavedrum, & Samples JimiJamzz - Guitar Dan Mazur - Keyboards Adam Frehm - Slide Guitar Cynthea - Vocals
- Nu Nu ceremony Nu Nu is a ceremony used by the Matse Indians or Jaguar people of the Amazon Jungle near the border of Brazil and Peru. It is a mildly hallucenigenic tobacco snuff. It feels like a freight train hitting your brain. This ritual was performed in the Amazon city of Iquitos in Peru, at Mad Mick's Bunkhouse, the victim, Aaron Smith, travel writer, adventurer, nutter. He had four hits, disregarding the suggested maximum dose of two - this is the third one. For more info checkout:
- Channel Two Dub Band (feat. Cleon Douglas) "Igziabeher / Think It Over" - Live at Nectar's 7-7-2012 Channel Two Dub Band featuring Cleon Douglas performing Igziabeher by Peter Tosh and Think It Over by Cleon from his new album. Live recording by Sergei, Mastered at Vibesville Studio by c00p. Cleon Douglas - Lead Vocal Professor Fairbanks - Electric Violin Quenn-I - Bass & Vocal Franko - Guitar Synth & Vocal Greg Matses - Lead Giutar & Vocal c00p - Drums, Wavedrum, & Samples JimiJamzz - Guitar Dan Mazur - Keyboards Adam Frehm - Slide Guitar Cynthea - Vocals
- Amazon Explorer / Iquitos, Perú / Turismo aventura Visit There is a place where life unfolds as it used to be thousands of years ago... A place where trees, lakes and rivers provide a refuge for jaguars, eagles and anacondas ... Where the strangest creatures on earth exist without human interference ... A land of invisible men who live in eternal harmony with nature ... That place is called the Amazon.
- Black Temporary Tattoos: Amazon Journey in Search of the Jagua Fruit Trailer for a 30-minute documentary film recounting a journey to Iquitos and into the heart of the Peruvian Amazon made by Los Angeles artist Pascal Giacomini (and creator of the Earth Jagua temporary black tattoo kit) in search of the indigenous Matsés people and the elusive jagua fruit, which they traditionally use to adorn their bodies. The juice from this fruit stains the skin black in a way that resembles a permanent tattoo, but the color lasts only a few weeks and then fades away.
- Bad News Bad News Directed by Andrew D, Niko Matses and Adam Ace Spencer Main Actor, Adam Ace Spencer 2nd Actor, Andrew D. Cinematography by Niko Matses, Andrew D. and Adam Ace Spencer Edited by Andrew D. Music by Pinback An Experimental short film, we shot this on a 16mm film and edited it on Final Cut Pro. This was my first and only movie I ever shot on film. I acted in one movie prior to this and am still trying to get a copy of that.
- Matsés Indians of Peru milking giant Amazon treefrog for psychedelic 'sapo' Skin secretions collected from the Waxy Monkey Treefrog (Phyllomedusa bicolor) are used by the Matsés Indians of Peru for 'hunter magic'--the secretions are burned into skin of humans, resulting in vomiting, passing out, then waking a few hours later to 'feel like a god,' ready to hunt! These indigenous people of the Amazon 'milk' the frogs to collect peptide chemicals known as 'sapo.' By
- Matse sapo ritual Sapo is a peptide neurotoxin poison used by the Amazon Matse Indians to focus concentration and improve hunting. It is painful and feels like you are dying.
- At the Frontier in Search of Poison, Part 1 This is a slideshow of my 2005 journey to Peru where, among other things, you can see me lying in my own vomit after receiving frog poison deep in the Amazon jungle...
- Barry Blinn 'Magic Bus' Tammy Fletcher & The Disciples, Barry Blinn on drums. Mad River Music Festival W/ Dave Nerbak, Keith hubacher, Greg Matses
- Sapo Anthropology student tries out sapo from the Matses Indian culture in Peru.
- The Matses Share a Sad Story About a Village Boy (Peru) This is a sad story about a the misfortune of an indigenous Matses village boy in Peru. Most of the conversation is in Spanish or Matses, but there is a brief explanation at the end in English. The conversation arose just after the family of the boy passed by on their multi-day walk home from the closest city, Requena, to obtain supplies. The father had a huge load and his back, and his son was carrying a sloth on his back, amongst other things. If you are wondering what the white object is, it's a note posted on a stick, written in Matses, to someone that is expected to come that way sometime in the following weeks.
- Hace Weestun / Matses Traditional Art Matses Woman Making Traditional Bracelet (Wee-Tsun) - Estiron, Peru
- Shed Band 1 July 08 This is a live clip of me sitting in with "The Shed Band" (Greg Matses - guitar, Stacey Starkweather - bass and Gabe Jarret - drums) at "The Shed" in Stowe, VT last July. Sorry about all the weird colors and low camera quality. It came out that way when I tried to adjust the brightness. Anyway, it was a fun gig! Loose and spontaneous!
- 60 Second Slider Test Trying out my motorized IGUS camera slider on my '00 AP1 S2000.
- Living with the Matses I spent 2.5 months living with the Matses, an Amazon tribe deep in the jungle in Peru who had first contact in 1969 (they live in the Javari Valley on the border of Peru and Brazil). I took part in all the activities i could, and this is a video with a whirlwind tour of clips of what happened. I also have a blog of my time in the Peruvian Amazon: With many thanks to the people of Puerto Alegre (Rio Yaquerana) and Estiron (Quebrada Chobayacu) for welcoming me into their lives. If anyone is interested in doing something similar, please contact me at paddy.leflufy@.
- Jasons Matses Tribe Video Jason's Matsés People Video
- Channel Two Dub Band - "One More Time" - Live at Nectar's 7-7-12 Channel Two Dub Band performing One More Time by The Clash. Live recording by Sergei, Mastered at Vibesville Studio by c00p. Quenn-I - Bass & Vocal Franko - Guitar Synth & Vocal Greg Matses - Lead Giutar & Vocal c00p - Drums, Wavedrum, & Samples JimiJamzz - Guitar Dan Mazur - Keyboards Adam Frehm - Slide Guitar Cynthea - Vocals
- ESEA 5K Smatses ESEA Pug, nOp :)
- Alicia Fox Photographing The Matses Alicia Fox photographs a Matses tribe as part of her Portraits of The Disappearing Amazon Project. Peru 2012 info@
- Matses Burnout burnout
- Nu Nu Arbol gets Nu Nu from PePe. Nu Nu is a psychedelic snuff used by the Matses Indians for hunting magic.
- The Tusken Raiders - "Decision" Live in Boston 6/25 The Tusken Raiders at Hennessy's Bar in Boston performing 'Decision' on June 25th, 2009
- Ayahuasca Drinking Styles. Different kinds of ayahuasca sessions...
- Steven Matses : Lacrosse Highlights Fall 2010 Steven Matses : Lacrosse Highlights Fall 2010 provided by First Scout.
- Nëishamë: A hunting trip This is the story of a hunting trip (Neishame means tapir in Matses...).
- Rock Camp: The 5th Kind LIVE Me and my Band performing at 242 Main in Burlington, VT. Sidetracked Session: My Brother's Band Special thanks to Rock Camp director Greggory Matses for an amazing experience
- Johnson State College Guitar Ensemble - Bach Invention #4 Bach - Invention #4 .. Johnson State College Guitar Ensemble Dibden Theater, Johnson Vermont 4/30/08: Directed by Greg Matses Andrew Morris Javan DeGraff Jacob Lane Jessica Albright David Hudson David Dillon
- Les Brers in A Minor (Allman Brothers cover) Rock Camp 2011 This is Steve Finn playing drums, Ashley Finn playing bass and Jon Finn playing guitar, performing at Rock Camp 2011 in Burlington VT. Guest guitarist Greg Matses on guitar also!
- Amazon Jungle #5: Poisonous Monkey Frog Guide Hulber surgically removes a poisonous Monkey Frog from a tree on the grounds of the Otorongo Expeditions lodge. The frog is named after its climbing skills. Monkey frogs produce a waxy poisonous substance which they spread over their skin. It tastes nasty to predators, so it reduces their chances of being eaten. Some Amazonian tribes (the Matses and Mayoruna peoples) living in the rainforest use this poison to heighten their senses and improve their luck when they go hunting, although it does also make them feel very unwell. People are becoming interested in the chemicals found in the poison, in case it is useful for medicine. [For best viewing, in the menu bar below the video picture window: Select the cogwheel and pick High Definition, then select Full Screen. Allow time to buffer.]
- Matses Tribe Mrs. Chapman
- Johnson State College Guitar Ensemble - Message in a Bottle Message in a Bottle .. Johnson State College Guitar Ensemble Dibden Theater, Johnson Vermont 4/30/08: Directed by Greg Matses Andrew Morris Javan DeGraff (lead guitar 1) Jacob Lane (lead guitar 2) Jessica Albright (vox) David Hudson David Dillon
- Channel Two Dub Band - *encore* - "What A Shame" - Live at Nectar's 7-7-12 Channel Two Dub Band performing "What A Shame" by Don Quenneville Live recording by Sergei, Mastered at Vibesville Studio by c00p. Quenn-I - Bass & Vocal Franko - Guitar Synth & Vocal Greg Matses - Lead Giutar & Vocal c00p - Drums, Wavedrum, & Samples JimiJamzz - Guitar Dan Mazur - Keyboards Adam Frehm - Slide Guitar Cynthea - Vocals
- "Ayahuasca, Sapo and Nu-Nu Medicine, Jungle People" Inoursuitcase's photos around Iquitos, Peru Preview of Inoursuitcase's blog at TravelPod. Read the full blog here: This blog preview was made by TravelPod using the TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow creator. Learn more about these videos:
- Tyler Matses : Lacrosse Highlights Fall 2010 Tyler Matses : Lacrosse Highlights Fall 2010 provided by First Scout.
twitter about matses
- ayracayaban: @MikkaScherzy @itsEulan alam naman niya ata, haha bat iba na phone mo kabs? missing you both so matses!
- Sindjin_Nabrack: @MaBagger Fina stadsvyer. Tror Nashville saknar "The Honky Tonk Matses"!
- xelisejennifer: Matses eten
- CarelBrendel: @JoelSerphos Als iemand roept dat joden matses bereiden met bloed, dan heeft dat niets meer met antizionisme te maken.
- ocalheiros: @irekaron Bia, os Matsés não tem algo relacionando a cutia e a menstruação?
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about matses
“In his 1999 book, Hierarchy in the Forest: The Evolution of Egalitarian Behavior, Christopher Boehm stated that political coalitions appear only in despotic”
— Democracy as Nair: How Our Nature Appears Hairless | the,
“By far the most literate and entertaining blog with references to Richard Fowler is Going For a Matses indigenous a hundred miles up the Rio Yavari, $3 per day is a windfall”
— 2007 November 16 | Dawn on the Amazon Captains Blog,
“"Some languages, like Matses in Peru, oblige their speakers, like the finickiest of lawyers, to specify exactly how they came to know about the facts they are reporting. You cannot simply say, as”
— Rhythm, Rhyme, Results — "Some languages, like Matses in Peru,
“Peru Expat and Travel Blog; May, 2008 Archive; Peru Expat and Travel Blog The Matses and the Mayorunas. 05/01/08 09:41. When we talk about ecotourism, we do not talk”
— Peru Expat and Travel Blog; May, 2008 Archive; Peru Expat and,
“Boreal Bird Blog. Dr. Jeff Wells is the Senior Scientist for the Boreal Songbird Initiative. During his time at the Cornell Lab of From . The reserve supports an immense diversity of life including at least 416 bird species, 65”
— BSI Blog " Blog Archive " Good News in the Boreal's Sister,
“Take a look at this scenario. I launched Firefox browser, typed and searched a keyword. Not many search results found as there was like only 3”
— How To Recognize Foreign Language and Translating to English, raymond.cc
“Forum Home / Profile of Matse. Matse (Junior Member) Registration Date: Matse's Forum Info. Joined: 08-13-2009. Last Visit: 08-13-2009 01:22 PM”
— Forum Home - Profile of Matse, shark007.net
“Skirmisher Publishing LLC: Online Forum > Nuisances OGL > Hall of Brainstorming > 15 Matses Big-eared Bat Micronycteris matses (2002) # 16 Sakeji Horseshoe Bat Rhinolophus”
— Newly Discovered Animal Species (Real World Zoology),
related keywords for matses
similar for matses
- the amazon
- economic sustainability
- the movement
- amazon tribe
- indigenous ngo
- tribal organization
- the amazon rainforest
- indigenous people
- oil wells
- ministry of education
- peruvian government
- animal spirits
- free encyclopedia
- ethnic groups
- dan james
- bows and arrows
- indigenous tribe
- plant product
- amazonian tribes
- native community
- amazonian indians
- political systems
- president of peru
- photo gallery
- the clan
- female body painting
- rubber boom
- clean water
- water systems
- school program
- indigenous communities
- community lands
- sustainable agriculture
- school supplies
- languages of the world
- summer institute of linguistics
- language code
- reference number
- literacy rate
- official language
- sil bibliography
- eastern peru
- indigenous language
- language family
- language codes