- Morality: Morality is antecedent to ethics: it denotes those concrete activities of which ethics is the science. Page scans include illustrations, maps, and images from the original Catholic Encyclopedia. — “Morality - Original Catholic Encyclopedia”,
- What "morality" is taken to refer to plays a crucial, although often unacknowledged, role in formulating To take "morality" to refer to an actually existing code of conduct put forward by a society results in a denial that there is a universal morality, one that applies to. — “The Definition of Morality (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)”, plato.stanford.edu
- Morality Defined. In Transcendent Evolution, each level of transcended life form has a unique life force which causes the components of the entity to act in unity to put the survival and continuance-in-kind of the transcended entity before that of the components that comprise the entity. — “Morality”,
- Morality has become a complicated issue in the multi-cultural world we live in today. Morality describes the principles that govern our behavior. — “Morality”,
- A morality is a complex of concepts and beliefs by which an individual determines whether his or her actions are right or wrong. Views on morality have varied greatly over time, and from culture to culture. — “Morality - Wikinfo”,
- Without morality, intellect were impossible for him; a thoroughly immoral man could not know anything at all! To know a thing, what we can call knowing, a man must first love the thing, sympathize with it: that is, be virtuously related to it. — “morality - Wiktionary”,
- Religion and morality have always been closely intertwined. Does morality require religion? Is Christian morality best? Can morality and atheism exist together? Learn about. — “Religion and Morality”,
- Morality is a complex of principles based on cultural, religious, and philosophical concepts and beliefs, by which an individual determines whether Conformity to such codification may also be called morality, and the group may depend on widespread conformity to such codes for. — “Morality - Definition”,
- Catholic Morality. In the most general sense, morality refers to the quality of being in harmony with what is accepted to be good and true in the world. The term "morality" may at times be used interchangeably with "ethics" to talk about how moral decisions can. — “Morality”, nd.edu
- Right frame menu/links bar for Morality in Media, Inc. (c) Morality in Media, Inc and L'AMb Artistic Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved. — “Morality in Media, Inc - Home Frameset”,
- Morality is the product of the evolutionary development of man. Morality is always relative and never absolute. — “Morality: Absolute or Relative? A multifaceted approach to”,
- Definition of morality in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of morality. Pronunciation of morality. Translations of morality. morality synonyms, morality antonyms. Information about morality in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “morality - definition of morality by the Free Online”,
- Morality (from the Latin moralities "manner, character, proper behavior") is a sense of behavioral conduct that differentiates intentions, decisions, and actions between those that are good A moral code is a system of morality (for example, according to a particular philosophy,. — “Morality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Morality is antecedent to ethics: it denotes those concrete activities of which ethics is the science. It may be defined as human conduct in so far as it is freely subordinated to the ideal of what is right and fitting. — “CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Morality”,
- It was essentially unwritten, being derived from popular practices, and was not sharply distinguished from morality; it was personal in the sense that it applied only to those who belonged to the nation. Morality embraces a person's beliefs about the appropriateness or goodness of what he. — “morality -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- morality n. , pl. , -ties . The quality of being in accord with standards of right or good conduct Morality refers to ethical issues — principles of right and wrong conduct — as well as instances of real behaviour — the manner in which individuals comply more or less fully with such standards. — “morality: Definition, Synonyms from ”,
- Morality (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") has three principal meanings. — “Morality - Psychology Wiki”,
- Definition of word from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary with audio pronunciations, thesaurus, Word of the Day, and word games. two groups with clashing moralities. The decision may be legally justified, but I question its morality. First Known Use of MORALITY. 14th century. Related to MORALITY. — “Morality - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- Theoretical interest in morality arises from the distinct sorts of questions that might be asked about this code of conduct. The results of such an attempt will constitute the meaning of "morality" in a descriptive sense. — “Morality - New World Encyclopedia”,
- Veritatis Splendor - Pope John Paul II's Encyclical on Morality - Cover Story By Lawrence S. Cunningham, Joseph A. Komonchak, Charles E. Curran, Dennis M. Doyle, Janet E. Smith, Lisa Sowle Cahill, Stanley Hauerwas, Anne E. Patrick in Commonweal, Oct 22, 1993. — “Morality”, shc.edu
- Morality definition, conformity to the rules of right conduct; moral or virtuous conduct. See more. — “Morality | Define Morality at ”,
related images for morality
- morality jpg
- morality gif
- of your internal meaning is very murky There are philosophical questions there that philosophers have been arguing for hundreds if not thousands of years We do not have clear answers yet Given all of this how are we going to build technologies that preserve the values we want preserved and create the moral system that captures the true preferences of humanity I think there
- are going to be providing economic services how do we make sure that extremely powerful economic agents don t overwhelm the values that we care about by ever greater economic competition These seem to me to be the three issues that need to be tackled Hopefully through a combination of understanding our own values and where they came from together with an intelligent
- Whats so great about Christianity Why is it that we humans are so hung up with morality No other species is so preoccupied with this notion of morality or right and wrong We seem to share a lot with the animal kingdom
- Klik hier als je deze naar iemand wil doorsturen send to a friend Klik hier als je deze naar iemand wil doorsturen send to a friend
- http www leftycartoons com morality ac
- Llamas magpies and many other animals mourn their dead companions Empathy and grief also have a long history in the animal kingdom And it is not too big a step from there to morality Animals have a well developed sense of ethics when they play with each other They learn to follow the rules of the game or soon lose their friends see Marc Bekoff s wonderful book for
- morality bites First Kiss Under the truth spell Leo reveals that he is attracted to her too
- morality img 03 jpg
- The simple utility function I described does not seem to be sufficient to prevent harmful behavior Even the simplest utility functions bring up all these ancient philosophical quandaries It was Carl Schulman who pointed this out this issue to me and it shook me up I thought maybe we can just change the utility definition so that if the world is not the way we think it is
- Liberal Conservative Morality Liberal Conservative morality The fact that liberals and conservatives see morality from a different perspective is not difficult to discern However
- morality bg jpg
- Catholic Morality
- In honor of Gandhi and his peaceful means of affecting change we have compiled below some of his most memorable quotations in the form on motivational posters Morality Motivation
- History Morality Deleted 1974 Ink on paper
- understand ourselves through that continuity Well there too genetics is shaking up our picture of how human evolution occurred It used to be thought that human evolution was very slow The most recent discoveries by John Hawks and others show that change in the past few thousand years has been incredibly rapid People from only 5000 years ago had a genetic makeup that was
- Year 11 Philosophy Ethics
- image none
- Morality de Anne Luneau CA2237
- Here is a brief essay from one of my heroes Thomas Metzinger that I completely agree with spiced up by an unrelated and gratuitous graphic on morality I have become convinced that it
- NormativeMorality s h jpg
- The Jewish Legal Heritage Society לספח ההרשמה
- Morality flag 2007 jpg
- morality jpg
- heroes or for both Neutral is the biggest one here which I believe partly is because it is the default choice but I also think that many people prefer the co op play when possible Which side is the story arc aimed at Next is the length of the story arcs which have 5 different settings This maps roughly to the number of missions but the size of each map also comes
- Morality Badge jpg
- towards cooperation Biology has an intricate interplay between these two pressures towardf cooperation and competition The same interplay shows up in business and in economics in general The game theory literature uses the term co opetition to describe this complex interplay One company creates a product that another company uses in their manufacturing Both are on the
- morality img gif
- morality contents 01 gif
- future and will therefore do what it can to prevent it from occuring Unless we have explicitly built in something to prevent it it is going to want to keep itself from being turned off Similarly if it can get more resources then it can play more chess It is going to want to get as much compute power as it can If that involves breaking into other machines so be it If
- Parent Directory sally jpg 16 May 2003 05 36 148K morality jpg 16 May 2003 05 36 125K
- Â I love reading Wired every month the magazine is a good mix of technology politics science and other things from the town of Geeksville Â I never really log on to their website purely
- As a metaphor for this situation consider this amazing optical illusion There is no movement here but wehave a strong sense that there is My background is in physics In 1900 Lord Kelvin is famous for having said There is nothing new to be discovered in physics now All that remains is more and more precise measurement Of
- Click on the image to view a bigger version
- amongst different purposes but there is only a limited amount of each of them They are limited resources If you apply a resource to a certain use it cannot be used for something else This gives rise to a fundamental competitiveness in the structure of the equations of physics If a creature wants to do something and another creature wants to do something different they
related videos for morality
- Jonathan Haidt: The real difference between liberals and con Psychologist Jonathan Haidt studies the five moral values that form the basis of our political choices, whether we're left, right or center. In this eye-opening talk, he pinpoints the moral values that liberals and conservatives tend to honor most.
- Morality Without God Atheists often hear the question, "How can you be moral without God?" The real question is, "How can a moral person accept God?" If the scriptures are true, God sets a terrible example for Goodness.
- Animal Moral? A hypo tries to save an impala from a crocodile. From National Geographic Amazing Moments.
- Can't Have It Both Ways Some people don't even realize what they believe. If you didn't understand the end, that's okay. I realize I was being more than a bit silly and vague. Many theists have used dishonest argumentation with me, which no doubt causes them to suspect that I, too, am using dishonest argumentation (projection), which can ironically cause them to be skeptical about the wrong things. That was the point of the misdirection and subsequent alien. Pretty pretty please check out my new channel!!! I believe it is wrong to harm others. That is my opinion, which is subject to change under different circumstances. Furthermore, even my definition of "harm" is subjective. While I believe indoctrination of children is causing harm, there are religious people who see it as vitally important. Our opinions don't get to decide ultimate truth, though. So who is objectively correct? Neither of us. It isn't so simply black or white. Is it better to know a harmful truth or to believe a comforting lie? Which is moral? If the vast majority of us agree upon what is good or bad for human beings, for all intents and purposes, that can be like objective morality, and I could see how one could justifiably call it objective, but that's not entirely accurate, and I don't wish to call it objective because that implies transcendence, which is baseless. When something is objective, it is true independent of our minds, yet our minds are a requisite of morality. For morality to be objective, you ...
- Animaniacs - Wheel of Morality Compilation Just a little something I thought I'd try out. =) The Deluxe Wheel of Morality - a package big enough to rival anything they sell at Costco! Enjoy! PS Animaniacs Vol. 3 will be released on June 19, 2007!! Good Golly Miss Molly, the Warners are coming, the Warners are coming!
- The Moral Landscape Science & Reason on Facebook: Sam Harris @ TEDtalks (Part 2/3): The moral landscape. Can science answer moral questions? --- Please subscribe to Science & Reason: • • • • --- Questions of good and evil, right and wrong are commonly thought unanswerable by science. But Sam Harris argues that science can -- and should -- be an authority on moral issues, shaping human values and setting out what constitutes a good life. • --- Sam Harris has been identified as one of the "Four Horsemen of Atheism" -- company he shares with Richard Dawkins, Dan Dennett and Christopher Hitchens. An outspoken proponent of skepticism and science, his two books -- "The End of Faith" and its follow-up "Letter to a Christian Nation" -- have become best-sellers. In "The End of Faith", Harris showed "a harrowing glimpse of mankinds willingness to suspend reason in favor of religious beliefs, even when these beliefs inspire the worst of human atrocities." After receiving thousands of angry letters in response, he wrote "Letter to a Christian Nation", which centered on religious controversies in the United States stem cell research, intelligent design, and links between religion and violence. Harris received a degree in philosophy from Stanford and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA. He is the co-founder and CEO of Project Reason, a nonprofit devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society ...
- Paul Zak: Trust, morality - and oxytocin Where does morality come from -- physically, in the brain? In this talk neuroeconomist Paul Zak shows why he believes oxytocin (he calls it "the moral molecule") is responsible for trust, empathy, and other feelings that help build a stable society.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the "Sixth Sense" wearable tech, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on , at http
- Rev Rant: Moral Choice In which Anthony argues that people are basically decent and moral choices in games that presume good and evil should be treated with total evenhandedness are naive and unsatisfying.
- What is Morality? The Philosophical and Theological Foundations of Moral Debate 2-23-07 The Federalist Society's Student Division presented this panel at the 2007 Annual Student Symposium on February 23, 2007. Panel: What is Morality? The Philosophical and Theological Foundations of Moral Debate --Prof. John S. Baker, Jr., Louisiana State University --Prof. Randy E. Barnett, Georgetown University --Prof. Robert Burns, Northwestern University --Prof. Michael J. Perry, Emory University --Moderator: Prof. Richard Garnett, University of Chicago
- Does Morality Need God? Complete video at: fora.tv Philosopher Colin McGinn and theologian Denys Turner discuss the question of whether atheism can coexist with a sense of morality. Both agree that morality exists independently of divinity. ----- Journalist Susan Jacoby, philosopher Colin McGinn, and theologian Denys Turner explore questions such as: Is humanism another kind of religion? Is it religion's evolutionary future, rather than just one of several alternatives? What light does the recent scientific study of religion throw on these possibilities? How do the new humanists compare to the new atheists? Can an atheist identity be shaped by a positive ethic, or must it be primarily an anti-religious sentiment? How will the persistence of belief and disbelief, as well as the tension between them, shape thought and culture in the 21st century? - CUNY Colin McGinn (B.Phil., Oxford University), joined the UM Philosophy Department in 2006, having taught previously at University of London, University of Oxford, and Rutgers University. He was the recipient of the John Locke Prize at Oxford University in 1973. His research interests are in philosophy of mind (particularly consciousness, intentionality and imagination), metaphysics, ethics and philosophical logic. Denys Alan Turner is a British academic in the field of philosophy and theology. He is currently Professor of Historical Theology at Yale University having been appointed in 2005, previously having been Norris-Hulse Professor of Divinity at ...
- BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Ron Paul | PBS Thousands of media outlets descended on Iowa, erecting a powerful wall of TV cameras and reporters between the voters and candidates. Bill Moyers talks with Ron Paul who knows well the power of the press to set expectations and transform the agenda. For more information, go to
- Luca C, Brigante Feat. Ali Love - Morals (Clockwork Remix) Upcoming Remix on Southern Fried, August 2011 Released by: Southern Fried Records Website / Buy releases / Juno Records / Juno Download Buy it and play it LOUD !!!
- Morality 2: Not-so-good books Second part of series on morality. See below for bible references included in this video. Death for victimless 'crime' Yahweh requires death of sabbath workers (Numbers 15 : 32-36) Yahweh requires death of gay people: (Leviticus 20 : 13) Yahweh requires death of women who can't show virginity on wedding night: (Deuteronomy 22 : 20-21) Unaccountable slaughter Yahweh kills 70000 for David's census: (2 Samuel 24 : 1-15) Yahweh kills almost all land animals for human wickedness: (Genesis 6 : 5-7) Entrapment through mind-control Yahweh hardens Pharaoh's heart: (Exodus 4 : 21; see also Exodus 7 : 3; 9 : 12; 10 : 1; 10 : 20; 10 : 27; 11 : 10; 14 : 4; 14 : 8) Yahweh hardens Egyptians' hearts: (Exodus 14 : 17) Yahweh hardens King of Heshbon's heart: (Deuteronomy 2 : 30) Yahweh sends powerful delusion: (2 Thessalonians 2 : 11) Yahweh deceives prophets, then punishes them: (Ezekiel 14 : 9) Punishment for others' sins Yahweh says children won't die for fathers: (Deuteronomy 24 : 16) Yahweh requires children's death for their father's sins: (Isaiah 14 : 21-22) Yahweh orders the killing of Amalekite children and babies: (I Samuel 15 : 2-3) Yahweh orders the killing children without pity: (Ezekiel 9 : 5-6) Familial cannibalism: (Jeremiah 19 : 9) (Deuteronomy 28 : 53) (Ezekiel 5 : 10) Yahweh permits rape: (Zechariah 14 : 2) Yahweh permits slavery (the owning of people as property): (Leviticus 25 : 46) Yahweh permits (commits) mass murder: (Exodus 12 : 29) Jesus reinforces OT law: "But he ...
- Can Science Answer Moral Questions? Science & Reason on Facebook: Sam Harris @ TEDtalks (Part 3/3): Can science answer moral questions? --- Please subscribe to Science & Reason: • • • • --- Questions of good and evil, right and wrong are commonly thought unanswerable by science. But Sam Harris argues that science can -- and should -- be an authority on moral issues, shaping human values and setting out what constitutes a good life. • --- Sam Harris has been identified as one of the "Four Horsemen of Atheism" -- company he shares with Richard Dawkins, Dan Dennett and Christopher Hitchens. An outspoken proponent of skepticism and science, his two books -- "The End of Faith" and its follow-up "Letter to a Christian Nation" -- have become best-sellers. In "The End of Faith", Harris showed "a harrowing glimpse of mankinds willingness to suspend reason in favor of religious beliefs, even when these beliefs inspire the worst of human atrocities." After receiving thousands of angry letters in response, he wrote "Letter to a Christian Nation", which centered on religious controversies in the United States stem cell research, intelligent design, and links between religion and violence. Harris received a degree in philosophy from Stanford and a Ph.D. in neuroscience from UCLA. He is the co-founder and CEO of Project Reason, a nonprofit devoted to spreading scientific knowledge and secular values in society. • • www ...
- Richard Dawkins - Absolute Morality March 8, 2010 on ABC (Australia) - Full Episode: bit.ly - via
- Is God Necessary for Morality? (Kagan vs Craig) 1/10 Table of Contents: William Lane Craig, Dr. Shelly Kagan (Columbia University 2009) In the midst of a largely secular university and a highly pluralistic nation, the Columbia community is home to widely varying notions of how a "good life" is to be lived. Dr. William Lane Craig adds to the conversation by questioning the common assumption that the existence of God is not necessary for morality. "Can we really be good apart from God? Yale philosopher Dr. Shelly Kagan defends the idea of morality without God in a debate with Dr. Craig that questions the basis of many views that are held today. A Q&A session with the audience follows the debate.
- Sam Harris: The Moral Landscape On Oct. 7, 2010, the Center for Inquiry in New York City hosted Sam Harris for a public lecture about his new book, "The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values." The event was held at the New York Society for Ethical Culture. This is the full video, including both the talk and question-and-answer session. In "The Moral Landscape," Harris argues against the notion that good and evil, and right and wrong, are unanswerable by science. Harris posits that science can -- and should -- be an authority on moral issues, shaping human values and setting out what constitutes a good life. For more: /nyc
- The Morality of Profit Please RATE and SUBSCRIBE! For more information visit /morality The free market needs and deserves a moral defense. The Atlas Network has partnered with the John Templeton Foundation on a new and important project -- The Morality of Free Enterprise -- that will build on the Templeton Foundation's online conversation, "Does the Free Market Corrode Moral Character?" The Atlas Network's 2011 Morality of Free Enterprise initiative focuses attention on the moral component of freedom by showing that free enterprise both depends on and reinforces morality. Produced by Matthew Szewczyk
- Sam Harris: Science can answer moral questions Questions of good and evil, right and wrong are commonly thought unanswerable by science. But Sam Harris argues that science can -- and should -- be an authority on moral issues, shaping human values and setting out what constitutes a good life.TEDTalks is a daily video podcast of the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world's leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Featured speakers have included Al Gore on climate change, Philippe Starck on design, Jill Bolte Taylor on observing her own stroke, Nicholas Negroponte on One Laptop per Child, Jane Goodall on chimpanzees, Bill Gates on malaria and mosquitoes, Pattie Maes on the "Sixth Sense" wearable tech, and "Lost" producer JJ Abrams on the allure of mystery. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design, and TEDTalks cover these topics as well as science, business, development and the arts. Closed captions and translated subtitles in a variety of languages are now available on , at http Watch a highlight reel of the Top 10 TEDTalks at
- Sam Harris - The Moral Landscape - 2010 Texas Book Festival - Part 1-5 The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values Texas Book Festival Oct 17, 2010 "Sam Harris talked about his book The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values. He argues that most people are mistaken about the relationship between morality and the rest of human knowledge and seeks to tear down the wall between scientific facts and human values. He demonstrates that enough is known about the human brain and its relationship to events in the world to say that there are right and wrong answers to the most pressing questions of human life. He responded to questions from members of the audience. This program of the Texas Book Festival was held in the C-SPAN/Book TV Tent. The program opens and closes with scenes from the festival." Source: www.c-
- 2.2 Deconversion: Morality I explain how, through the study of Ethics, I came to believe that morality was something separate from God that He wanted us to discover using reason, evidence, and experience. All excerpts used in this video are either copyright-free or covered under "fair use" in Title 17 § 107 of the USC. A special thanks to snap2objects for providing the Creative Commons 3.0 licensed vectors used for the figures representing myself and my teacher in this video. Another thank you to for providing the Christian dove brush used to represent the guidance of the Holy Spirit in my videos. Music: "Be Still My Soul" by Libera .
- Morality 3: Of objectivity and oughtness Link to Slovic article: TheraminTrees' channel: Link to 'Betting on Infinity':
- Video Games and Moral Choices **We've moved to The Escapist! New episodes weekly!** Episode Eight in my series of video "lectures," co-written with game designer James Portnow. It's time for another Game Design Corner episode, where we look specifically at elements of game design. I can be reached at floydo_animation at yahoo dot com. You can reach James at jportnow at gmail dot com. We now have a blog! For updates on the progress of the next episode and more gaming discussion, go to: Like the intro music? Download the full tracks here! Penguin Cap Fei Longer
- 'Morality: From the Heavens or From Nature?' by Dr. Andy Thomson, AAI 2009 Dr. Andy Thomson gives a talk on morality at the Atheist Alliance International 2009 Conference in Burbank, California. Dr. Thomson uses Francis Collins' claim that morality is proof of God as a jumping-off point to discuss what we know about how morality works and where it came from. The conference was co-sponosored by The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science, which brought in several well-known scientists to give talks. Download Quicktime (720p HD): c0116791 Other talks by Dr. Andy Thomson: Why We Believe in Gods: "We Few, We Happy Few, We Band of Brothers": Filmed & Edited by JOSH TIMONEN The Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science Atheist Alliance International http
- Milton Friedman - Morality & Capitalism Milton Friedman responds to questions of morality and principle regarding capitalism.
- Catholic morality A contradiction in terms? BOOK OF VIDEO TRANSCRIPTS NOW AVAILABLE You can download an audio version of this video at
- Morality and the Free Market - Michael Sandel Complete video at: fora.tv Political philosopher Michael Sandel argues that free market economics have affected American perceptions of ethics, morality, and value. By emphasizing the monetary value of human goods, says Sandel, Americans may be moving away from notions of emotional and social worth. ----- Harvard Professor Michael Sandel deliveres a speech titled "Markets and Morals" as part of the Chautauqua Institution 2009 Summer Lecture Series. He tackles some of economics' toughest ethical questions, such as the business of commercial surrogacy and the price of citizenship. - Chautauqua Institution Michael J. Sandel is the Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Professor of Government at Harvard University, where he has taught political philosophy since 1980. He is the author of Liberalism and the Limits of Justice (Cambridge University Press, 1982, 2nd edition, 1997; translated into eight foreign languages), Democracy's Discontent: America in Search of a Public Philosophy (Harvard University Press, 1996), Public Philosophy: Essays on Morality in Politics (Harvard University Press, 2005), and The Case against Perfection: Ethics in the Age of Genetic Engineering (Harvard University Press, 2007). His writings also appear in general publications such as The Atlantic Monthly, The New Republic, and The New York Times.
- Sam Harris - Stem Cells and Morality A section from Sam Harris' talk at the Beyond Belief 2 conference. Harris argues that religion obscures moral intuitions, using the case of stem cells. Check out The Science Network at
- The End 4: Moral Universalism, the Israel Lobby, and Jewish Opposition to Free Speech Dr. Kevin MacDonald discusses how moral universalism advanced by Jewish intellectuals is really a double standard: non-Jews are expected to embrace "universal" values, but Jews are not. In what MacDonald sees as a group evolutionary strategy, what is good for Jews is framed as "beneficial for all." Loving universal values, citizens of Western countries tend to fall for this ruse, according to MacDonald, an evolutionary psychology professor. Policies based on "universal" values include: (1) mass immigration and multiculturalism for the United States and Europe, but not for Israel; and (2) neoconservative justifications for wars waged by the US, but not Israel, against Israel's enemies. These justifications include "freedom" and "democracy." Kevin MacDonald, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at California State University, Long Beach. From director James Williams ( ): "If you appreciate our work or want to see more films of Dr. Kevin MacDonald and others who fight for reason, science, and the preservation of Western culture, please donate via PayPal."
- George Lakoff: Moral Politics UC Berkeley professor of Cognitive Science and Linguistics George Lakoff explores how successful political debates are framed by using language targeted to people's values instead of their support for specific government programs in this public lecture sponsored by the Helen Edison Series at UC San Diego. Series: "Helen Edison Lecture Series" [11/2005] [Public Affairs] [Show ID: 11194]
- The Objective of Morality I find the concept of "subjective morality" to be one of the most obnoxious around. If moral values are not based on facts and observation but just on personal opinion, there is no reason to hold on to them.
- The Morality Squad Song from the movie "Phallus in Wonderland" good song ^_^
- Hitchens Demolishes Sharpton in Debate on Morality Hitchens completely destroys Sharpton in a debate.
- Patricia Churchland - Morality and the Mammalian Brain Self-caring neural circuitry embodies self-preservation values, and these are values in the most elemental sense. Whence caring for others? Social problem-solving, including policy-making, is probably an instance of problem-solving more generally, and draws upon the capacity, prodigious in humans, to envision consequences of a planned action. In humans, it also draws upon the capacity for improving upon current practices and technologies. Unlike other mammals, humans have developed highly complex language, and highly complex cultures. This means that our sociality, and consequently ours systems of ethical values, have become correspondingly complex. Professor Patricia Smith Churchland is a Professor of Philosophy at the University of California, San Diego, and an adjunct Professor at the Salk Institute. Her current work focuses on morality and the social brain. She has been President of the American Philosophical Association and the Society for Philosophy and Psychology, and won a MacArthur Prize in 1991 and the Rossi Prize in 2008.
- MoralMaster 2.0 Morality Monitor The standard in morality monitoring just got better. The MoralMaster 2.0 can gauge your morality with a few quick questions. Don't wait! Call now and get your own MoralMaster 2.0 morality monitor! It could save you an eternity of regret!
twitter about morality
- Spin_Assassin: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- PatheosLibrary: The idea of balancing male and female energies is fundamental to Taoism. http://t.co/IW8Ftzss
- chintugupta: RT @phaniche: @jrsreedhar @CHIRU_NEWS not like these socalled fourthestate thier life totally depends on others life and playing with morality dignity
- thecoolnoodle: @pamelajdunn @mrstevengeorge @donaldjtrumpjr the morality changes when there is more joy in the act of killing than in the need 4 providing
- DanilleDepauw: Paydirt: Wyatt is back in a new adventure set on the far side of morality. Introduced in Kickback, Garry Dishe... http://t.co/ThvnQyX9
- bendon82: @Meta4Malsous that's because morality is subjective, and there is no better example than dif. ppl having dif.morals. You prove my point.
- CHIRU_NEWS: RT @phaniche: @jrsreedhar @CHIRU_NEWS not like these socalled fourthestate thier life totally depends on others life and playing with morality dignity
- dannywalkertoug: greg smith, goldman sachs and the morality debate by lawrence ...
- stevepinya: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- MENBusinessDesk: Is there a lack of morality in banking? http://t.co/xoqioENm
- PatriotWriter: When I say Family Values Fascists, it's not the values or the families I attack, but their gov't enforcement of morality. I dig values.
- GavinLeighton: An incredible article on the difference b/w private and public morality in today's politics. This is a must read! http://t.co/HUmNcnAm
- Meta4Malsous: @bendon82 u insult him now based on your environment and thinking today yet u cant make objective morality without religion and u know it
- TradesOnly: @TradesOnly @keithmccullough e.g. Ability to relate to everyday people vs models in their heads...morality issue
- Crommunist: Morality? Oh THAT’S rich…: Now I have no idea how many people actually believe this, and maybe I’m late to the p... http://t.co/JdCP6LrN
- JovitaTerrazas8: Oscar Wilde~ Scandal is gossip made tedious by morality.
- NikkiD_onTwit: Morality comes with the sad wisdom of age, when the sense of curiosity has withered. Graham Greene
- ARLEKINOLIGAR_K: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- zanateh: After a short, and I thought productive, exchange about the morality of gas taxation, I can officially add: (d) Blame the incumbent!
- B2theMoss3: RT @Apologetics315: Can Evolution Explain Morality? (MP3) http://t.co/c4KqFVgM
- keanferdy: @cczxx I'm saying that there is a high probability that these 'norms' that is established might fall short of true godly morality
- distant_angel: @Meta4Malsous A society that has evolved its morality through enlightenment, reason, and the advances in our knowledge @bendon82
- jimbosway: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- Crommunist: Apologies to all - daylight savings changeover has completely borked my post scheduling. New one's up: http://t.co/Ovpb3vJw #science
- hogoqijobizy: Two days ago me and wilford visit lakota, nd. It was muscularity and morality...
- debraraes: @capflowwatch with all 'due' respect.. (as many times as HUFFPOST has been proven WRONG) they're in no position 2B talking about #MORALITY
- Karim_Elsahy: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- OMDATDUDE: Kony, the Internet and morality: Should we entrust the innocent -- the "bunch of littles" -- who… http://t.co/S9dVO6lj
- newuvomulucaz: Two days ago me and royce koelewyn visit uniontown, pa. It was muscularity and morality...
- SteveTheRawMan: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- AndreaMHS: @COLLIN_CASH @schredder11 It caused a huge firestorm of responses and articles on the issues. Google it. Here's one: http://t.co/KUpqt0P6
- shirleyyadav: forget abt morality ,ppl r losing their humanity..so yes there r ppl who r no less than animal.
- MVPfranco: Morality is doing right regardless of what you're told. Religion is doing what you're told regardless of what's right.
- TomkinsOliver: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- distant_angel: @Meta4Malsous And if morality comes from a god who sanctions child rapists to head up his religion on earth, then I'm more moral @PeteCarlin
- zeekcw: "America’s problem isn’t a breakdown in private morality. It’s a breakdown in public morality." http://t.co/mXKOwxvS
- rgg120: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- JamieIsRandom: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- VasishthaAnand: GOD SAVE POOR OF NATION.JUSTICE DEPRIVED.NO MORALITY NO QUALMS.KINGS WERE BETTER WHO CUD B REACHED.MIRAGE IN FREE INDIA SHEER SHAME
- erick_rgb: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- LiYingDenise: The letter that started the heated debate... morality vs profits "Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs" http://t.co/UuEgGAW0
- shirleyyadav: w/o morality a person is no less than animal.
- qywuximovogy: jerrold think I'm muscularity and morality :)
- rickaevans: @Quansi @AvraInLondon Avra, I must chide you for using 'bon appetit'. Such language is redolent of louche Parisian morality. #notproper
- dttaylor1212: Love and Power: The Role of Religion and Morality in American Politics: http://t.co/HIk2wU2v
- Meta4Malsous: @distant_angel @PeteCarlin is no foundational morality without God. Its all opinion
- xaciwoxedybaq: lauryn poock think I'm muscularity and morality :)
- dmillerrr22: Listening to irish music in morality >
- ManuelaVillwock: Arthur Schopenhauer~ Compassion is the basis of all morality.
- silence_dogood8: RT @AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- DrRZA: @funnyortruth morality is for weak people
- endashes: RT @msteib: "After 12 years at Goldman, I have saved enough money to sanctimoniously pretend this was once a bastion of morality." http://t.co/uSB5zaOQ
- AynRandBot: [T]here is one word -- a single word -- which can blast the morality of altruism out of existence and which it cannot withstand...: "Why?"
- miriksmit: Dutch Christian fundamentalists call for Christian parties to combine forces to fight secular morality & Islam: http://t.co/Sk4OY51f
- ariitwts: "One of the great tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion."
- kennethspond: "Israel wants to bomb Iran, who gives a f%*!. They've had it coming" -Overheard #atheist conversation. I guess that's relative morality?
- ndalgardno: RT @TerryVirgo: "All our reliance on morality teaching is not only unchristian & unscriptural, it is naive." Dr D M Lloyd-Jones.
- AndrewRNixon: @Zavtra13 @logicalNarwhal Can Evolution Explain Morality? (MP3) http://t.co/VJdB6Fod #atheist #evolution #creation
- phaniche: @jrsreedhar @CHIRU_NEWS not like these socalled fourthestate thier life totally depends on others life and playing with morality dignity
- MitchellJimen3: These are the days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throw away morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, ...
- SwarupKS: @ssatturi BTW, u need 2B honest like Vajpayee to tell some1 like Matamata 2get lost. #CorruptCong doesn't have guts or morality to tell that
- 1231jay: @1231jay reviled means you loose you're morality someother time
- aiman9099: :'( RT @AsraffAzman90: when lust overrides morality
- hershgar: Robert Reich (The Difference Between Private and Public Morality) http://t.co/BO01cMgF via @addthis
- madzie101: Lecturer: define morality Me: must not say tiger blood #jokeissodead
- kogudikosof: 3 weeks ago me and omar visit turkey creek, la. It was muscularity and morality...
- ShonTiefenbru8: These are the days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throw away morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, ...
- LeeJohnW: RT @briandavidearp: Sam Harris is wrong about science and morality - http://t.co/cX9pEut7
- SongsFromQuotes: Art, like morality, consists of drawing the line somewhere.
- ryansoo: Morality in Malaysia: Murder OK. Kiss & love BAN. Funny world we live in. :)
- FrancisGoto: RT @TerryVirgo: "All our reliance on morality teaching is not only unchristian & unscriptural, it is naive." Dr D M Lloyd-Jones.
- hwabeng: “@ryansoo: Why kissing considered immoral and censored. But killing is ok? Warped sense of morality in Msia.” ???
- travelveg: Chimps Show Skill in Tending Conflict, and Sense of Morality: http://t.co/x2VPMV6E
- pianochick88: RT @SkeptikerOwl17: "In Christianity neither morality nor religion come into contact with reality at any point." -Friedrich Nietzsche #AtheistRollCall #Atheism
- pamalah8: RT @TheOracle13: RT @TeachersJourney "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- ryansoo: Why kissing considered immoral and censored. But killing is ok? Warped sense of morality in Msia.
- maqdsongster: @senmiriam i hope that you'll agree with me if i say that laws of a country are based on natural law...that is, morality.
- AffiliateCourss: com — Republicans have morality upside down
- TheOracle13: RT @TeachersJourney "The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- WellHelloSailor: @bonniemcfarlane if you're anti-slavery you don't say "ok, I won't own slaves" and let others decide for themselves. All force morality.
- nicolascpa: Quote: Everything that used to be a sin is now a disease. – Bill Maher #in http://t.co/IcJRhuOt
- sabellamosley: The Difference Between Private and Public Morality | NationofChange http://t.co/KafklH50 via @nationofchange
- DanF81: RT @RBReich: Why we should worry more about morality in board rooms than bedrooms. http://t.co/VLG4oRsV
- ersie: RT @RBReich: Why we should worry more about morality in board rooms than bedrooms. http://t.co/VLG4oRsV
- TamilNation: RT @TamilDiaspora: Pragmatism, not just ethics &morality, guides South Block’s decision-making: Krishna http://t.co/rgRiVRIa Is Revenge part of pragmatism too?
- TimothyHorrigan: RT @TerieNorelli: Rep Bolster says this issue "speaks deeply to the morality of NH", then shares past history of open arms for European Immigrants.
- RBP_Corporate: @News919. #jordimorgan is a danger to canadian views and morality #anonymous we are legion.Stop attacking Palestine.Or go fight for Israel
- andyvidual: I'd like to think it was the market acting with a sense of morality, but that would be wishful thinking
- pynyjusecasi: Couple month ago me and regina visit moss point, ms. It was muscularity and morality...
- AnjaAltobell349: Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told. Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right.
- NHRepRoberts: RT @TerieNorelli: Rep Bolster says this issue "speaks deeply to the morality of NH", then shares past history of open arms for European Immigrants.
- sozumigyjukuk: stanton think I'm muscularity and morality :)
- GOPMartin: RT @NewsNinja2012: Conservatism is a philosophy which encompasses freedom, morality, and individualism. A typical conservative does... http://t.co/TS1bnmES
- howieinseattle: Robert Reich (The Difference Between Private and Public Morality): http://t.co/k9KMly7E via @AddThis
- TerieNorelli: Rep Bolster says this issue "speaks deeply to the morality of NH", then shares past history of open arms for European Immigrants.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about morality
“what do you think about the interview of Steven Pinker by Robert Wright(you can listen to it in the link below the page "evolotionary psychology here in wikipedia)”
— Forum:Morality - Psychology Wiki,
“The Official Dilbert Website featuring Scott Adams Dilbert strips, animation, mashups and more starring Dilbert, Dogbert, Wally, The Pointy Haired Boss, Alice, Asok, Dogbert's New Ruling Class and more”
— Scott Adams Blog: Morality of Influence 10/23/2008,
“Search this blog: About morality. This page contains an archive of all Inhuman Swill in the morality category. They are listed from oldest to newest. monsters”
— William Shunn : Inhuman Swill : morality archives,
“blog. The Biology of Morality. 29 July, 2005. Can we scientifically Morality is a system for defining rules for judging the behaviour of individuals in a”
— The Biology of Morality, 1729.com
“Morality blog. Sociology 4260: Sociology of Morality. Fall 2010. Review Sheet for Exam 1. For developing scientific, positivist forms of sociology, so they rarely discussed morality”
— Morality blog - Courses390E,
“Today's taste of TIA offers just a bit of irony before diving into the morass of morality. Here's the irony: By submitting a comment to this blog, you agree to the above Comments Policy”
— " TIA Tuesday: Irony and morality Evangelical Realism,
“Politicians urged to have morality BANGKOK, 22 November 2010 (NNT) - National Reform Assembly urged Thai leaders, politicians, and high ranking”
— Thai Politicians Urged To Have Morality - Thailand Forum,
“Examining the casual immorality of this collapse, how to survive it, and the morality of liberty required to make it work next time, assuming we get another chance”
— Morality101.net - Morality is Liberty without Force, morality101.net
“A discussion in the Inception forum When children are involved, or when guilt (real or imagined) is involved, are we just supposed to chuck morality out the window”
— : Customer Discussions: Morality,