- How can a band be hugely successful yet end up having almost no influence? In this extract from the Guardian arts blog, Trevor Baker and readers argue it out. Arts blogs. Naffness and knock-outs. How can a band be hugely successful yet end up having almost no influence?. — “Arts blogs: Naffness and knock-outs | Music | The Guardian”,
- Alan Partridge-type naffness aside, night-time has great treats to offer Tonight, moody chill-out music adds to that patina of terminal naffness as Collins offers some flowery observations about the TV series Lost. — “New Statesman - The late, late show”,
- For decades it has been a byword for naffness, an image compounded when Norma Major admitted hers was the pride and joy of the bedroom she shared with husband John at No. 10. — “Teasmade with a turbo: The much-mocked gadget makes a”,
- The American Heritage Dictionary goes no further than to suggest a possible dialectal Wiktionary contributors suggest it is derived from the Polari word naph, and popularised. — “naff - Wiktionary”,
- Naffness definition, unstylish; lacking taste; inferior. See more. — “Naffness | Define Naffness at ”,
- Running races, running events, running clubs, running shops in Bristol UK. Read the blog and learn about the experiences of other running enthusiasts. Find out about other places to run in Bristol. — “Naffness and arches - Bristol Running - Bristol Running Resource”,
- DraftFCB on a rampage to eradicate naffness. Hazel Phillips | Tuesday November 16, 2010 Because there's nothing worse than hand-knitted naffness! FCB direct and interactive creative director Tony Clewett said the. — “DraftFCB on a rampage to eradicate naffness | The National”, m.nbr.co.nz
- There are a few gems on display, but, says Charles Spencer, it’s the sheer naffness of everything else that you remember. — “Summer Exhibition at the Royal Academy, review - Telegraph”,
- Party boats in this country are the epitome of naffness, says Benji Lanyado in the Guardian. So how do the French manage to pull them off with such st. — “Dining on the Seine | Travel | Life | The First Post”,
- Because all the bleeding heart prudes have, and are trying, to remove all the good stuff! I can sit at my kitchen table and get the same crap I see on network TV. — “Why are most programs on ITV (uk) just awful? I was watching”,
- There is, at times, a touch of the Churchill insurance dog about Tony Blackburn. Tony blackburn: a man unfazed by his own naffness. There is, at times, a touch of the Churchill insurance dog about Tony Blackburn. — “Tony blackburn: a man unfazed by his own naffness”,
- Definition of naffness in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of naffness. Pronunciation of naffness. Translations of naffness. naffness synonyms, naffness antonyms. Information about naffness in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “naffness - definition of naffness by the Free Online”,
- His cheeky grin may have captivated millions of fans but Robbie Williams has been judged the world's most uncool pop star. Hot on his heels for naffness come New York electronic outfit Fischerspooner, followed by Scots rocker Shirley Manson. — “Robbie's 'No.1 for naffness' | News”,
- Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds just like Spider-Man 3 -- a superhero movie legendary in its bloated naffness. We've still got six months before Iron Man 2 is released -- what's the betting that we'll soon start seeing magazines filled with. — “Iron Man 2: No More Bloated Naffness! - The Who2 Blog”, who2.com
related videos for naffness
- [AU/DW]Nemo-Sigma-Bad boys ROLEPLAY This is a pretty bad one too but I needed to try it out and kinda rushed it. I'm aware that The Master has never been Robert Pattison but he looks sinister to me and kinda works as an evil younger Master. I apologise for the naff-ness of it. It just helped me plot out a storyline between Nemo and my friend who roleplays Koschei and Aura for me. ^^ The story is; Nemo and Aura are happy together and are enjoying their life together being "sort of engaged"(Meaning they both consider themselves engaged but they don't discuss it and never have.) The Master aka Koschei turns up who is who Nemo first dated at the academy as he was in her classes and she felt sorry for him and grew to love him but she chose Aura over him. He demands Nemo to choose and with both of them there she hesitates and this unerves Aura and he yells at her and instantly regretting it and fled. Koschei plays the part of comforter to get Nemo on his side more; he hated both Aura and The Doctor and knew getting to Nemo was the easiest way to get to both of them. Aura and Koschei both try to win her over which makes her even more confused until eventually she realises through the help of her friend. That she loved Aura all along and never wanted to leave him in the first place. This angers Koschei and he vows for revenge as Nemo and Aura leave together once more.
- starbattle composite This animation was made for a compositing project. Made in 3DSMax and Combustion, it was my first try at Combustion, hence the naffness of it, plus Combustion isnt a stable program to use! Enjoy!
- ALEXANDRE Notwithstanding the nod to Audrey Hepburn at the front, this is essentially a very clean version of the French pleat. None of the Joanna Lumley mutton dressed as lamb naffness and its place, something very chic, cool and strikingly elegant.
- JESS CONRAD - 'This Pullover' - 45rpm 1961 Kenny Everett often praised this records naffness on his Worlds Worst Records Show. Some truly cringey lyrics in there
- "Hide and Seek" Paulleck1975's photos around Grand Canyon, United States A TripAdvisor™ TripWow slideshow of a travel blog to Grand Canyon, United States by TravelPod blogger Paulleck1975 titled "Hide and Seek" Paulleck1975's travel blog entry: "Result! The next day we did some more Las Vegas wandering and when we reached the Venetian Casino and saw the gondolas they looked **** so I didn't have to suffer sitting in a boring floaty boat. Excellente. We walked up one side, down the other and other than the exceptionally cheesy exteriors once you're in they're pretty much the same as the theme of taking all your cash takes over. So what about Las Vegas, I'd say go just to experience it but unless you're a high roller I can't see much to come back to as it's a fairly seedy place generally. Funny though, I found the naffness of it all ridiculous and worth a look just to see the Eiffel Tower, a pyramid, the Statue of Liberty, a pirate ship and a cartoon castle within walking distance of eachother. Having said that, if the next MVA poker night is being held there, I'll be on a plane, sort it out lads! We didn't find the welcome to Las Vegas sign so you'll just have to do some photoshop work and paste my face on a pic off the net I'm afraid. In the afternoon we drove on to Flagstaff, the nearest place to the Grand Canyon. Similarly to Yosemite the hostel organised trip wasn't really worth it and so we saved our dollars and drove up there ourselves. We saved a few bonus dollars too as someone was kind enough to leave their park pass that's valid for 7 ...
- Santa on a bike the naffness of Christmas
- The Card Trick A card trick I made whilst learning to use After Effects. This was the first thing I ever did with the program which accounts for its naffness.
- ByeByePartDance yeah sorry bout the poor quality and the pure naffness. The timing isnt really out but when we put the music on top of the vid in some program it wouldnt match it to the original timingxx
- 'Incantum' A grade horror trailer for AS media My AS media project, the music is Sleepytime Gorilla Museum 'Flinch'. It's pretty corny, but it's my baby ^.^ and it got me 110/120 (inc. written work which was pretty easy to blag). I hope by putting this up I can give you guys who a just starting out in the project some ideas, I know I found youtube really useful for that! Enjoy the naffness! Any questions, feel free to ask.
- Two of My favorite things ).wmv Had to make a one min film for a project. Never ever used Movie Maker before so I'm quite happy with it, especially the end :) Song My Favorite Things from the Sound of Music :) Comments welcome :) I know it's a little over one min :P I apologise for the naffness of it haha! It makes me laugh though :)
- Leroy Anderson: Plink, Plank, Plunk (1951 American Light Modern Classical) One of the most unfairly ignored and maligned of musical sub genres has to be light music. Despite few people outside of America knowing his name, Leroy Anderson is a composer of delicate, yet purposeful compositions that brilliantly fuse form and content in a way that transcends any naffness associated with the light sound. You all know his iconic pieces (The Syncopated Clock, Sleigh Ride and The Typewriter) so here is the wonderful 1951 Plink, Plank, Plunk!' - as light and tasty as a dish of strawberry Angel Delight...... Imagery came together by some tangental googling. After making a video for the band Triumverate, I was inspired to track down the one missing Lost And Found Video Night from my collection. Low and behold, it contained some oddball dance sequence that I covered in editors pixie dust and now serve up to you as a sauce to the mad professor Anderson and his team of pluckers.
- Puchowskijk for Admin 2011 LEGAL STUFF: All rights reserved for Amazing Facts, the producers of the apocalyptic scene from the Final Events of Bible Prophecy. Furthermore, the song is "Sito", a performance of the BiH ESC 2011 Entry "Love in Rewind" performed by Ksenija Milosevic. All rights for them are reserved also. -- The video is meant to be funny in its naff-ness, but please enjoy and share.
- The Things From Beaver Lodge This is an old "home" movie from back in the days when camcorders weren't the type of thing you had at home... We managed to "borrow" a camera, and made this short, ahem, horror film. It's tempting to do some fancy editing and add sound effects, but that may come later. For now, here it is in (pretty much) it's original naff-ness and glory! And in case you're wondering, the building was called "Beaver Lodge" because...well, use your imagination!
- Maria Episode 33 I'm baaack!! Just a quick update this week! Sorry about the naff-ness of it! Success! I now have a working computer but I still haven't got all my files back from my old hardrive yet, as soon as I have I'l make you a good video!! See you next week Luvness Maria
- There She Goes Mine and Tom's rendition. You can't really see much of me :( - there's a bit off naffness near the start too lol.
- Banned Pot Noodle Advert - Ace of Spades WARNING: FLASHING IMAGES Pot Noodle advert from 1992. Apparently this version was banned because it gave people seizures. Only found that out recently - don't actually remember that happening. Love the general naffness of the whole thing.
- Pip's first video My Havanese dog reluctantly playing! Please excuse the naffness of the video. It was my first attempt at moviemaking.
twitter about naffness
- DAVIDMORGAN2112: DAVIDMORGAN2112: @gwladrugby What total naffness, who are these wallies? A fount of drivel made for Gwlad the most hated of welsh rugby fansites,
- Izzlemashizzle: Izzlemashizzle: Got sent home early my feeling naffness must have been obvious lol. Time to sleep for a few hours :P
- alicestronaut: alicestronaut: @caracourage I need touristy naffness to bulk out my postcard/fridge magnet/local cheeses collections so I'll probably like it a lot :)
- caracourage: caracourage: @alicestronaut it's just a long street in a valley basically, you'll see it all, lots of touristy naffness but look past it to some wonder
- Roz_Page: Roz_Page: @kas_bee Oh, that defo looks like a contender for cheap naffness, plus it has Zack from Saved By the Bell in it as well!
- adskesson: adskesson: Yes, Ferrero Rocher are the epitome of naffness but they are basically crunchy nutella so how can they be wrong? #TheAmbassadorIsSpoilingUs
- wendyannkane: wendyannkane: Too much to do, too little time to do it. Butt clenching naffness with my timekeeping too. What's new.
- catherinenurse: catherinenurse: @islauren oh yay, a victory for naffness.
- DeadbeatMum: DeadbeatMum: @livingstoneian although they were a product of their time so I can completely overlooks any such naffness ;-)
- SorraAviva: SorraAviva: @Anthillmob74 You have to see it at least twice to fully appreciate its total naffness.
- sarahluciax: sarahluciax: @davidpreece12 the height of naffness!! #dontdoit
- Sarah_Woolley: Sarah_Woolley: I'm aware that my standards for male fashion may be unfair since I think anything short of Redford & Newman in The Sting is shabby naffness.
- Mike_Batt: Mike_Batt: RT @spudgun01 Have a looksy on YOUTUBE for Naffness.//MB Yes and I'm aware of my own occasional naffness. Trying to protect artist.
- spudgun01: spudgun01: @Mike_Batt TRUE, I'm afraid, Mr. B. Have a looksy on YOUTUBE. Quite a few examples of Naffness.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about naffness
“Unless I'm mistaken, that sounds just like Spider-Man 3 -- a superhero movie legendary in its bloated naffness. blog comments powered by Disqus. Recent Entries. Robert DeNiro in "Manual Love 3"? Prince William, Rescue Pilot”
— Iron Man 2: No More Bloated Naffness! - The Who2 Blog, who2.com
“80s synthpop car crash. Me Underwears [21.10.10, 21:49:46, IP: Logged] /watch?v=ZZEGHnAxEpo. bad miming and MC Stephen Hawking, pure concentrated naffness, does it get more 80s than this?? reply”
“Running races, running events, running clubs, running shops in Bristol UK. Read the blog and learn about the experiences of other running enthusiasts. Find out about other places to run in Bristol”
— Naffness and arches - Bristol Running - Bristol Running Resource,
“DraftFCB takes account candy from Colenso BBDO. The most curious pitch of 2010. A keyboard DraftFCB on a rampage to eradicate naffness. Droga5 shows its hand with new TV ads for ASB”
— The National Business Review - New Zealand - business, nbr.co.nz
“This is a handy forum type thingy where you can voice your concerns on the naffness/non-naffness of everything. Like a movie, an ideas page, a forum, a self-destruct button!”
— The Council Of Nerds Forum - A Forum, pub14