- In days past, it was believed that a swimming oarfish would 'row' with its pelvic fins in a circular motion, hence the common name. Giant Oarfish, King Of Herrings, Pacific Oarfish, Streamer Fish. — “Oarfish, Regalecus glesne (Ascanius, 1772) - Australian Museum”, .au
- Top questions and answers about Oarfish. Find 14 questions and answers about Oarfish at Read more. — “Oarfish - ”,
- Oarfish definition, any long, ribbon-shaped, silvery fish of the genus Regalecus, of deep tropical waters, having a red dorsal fin along the spine that rises to See more. — “Oarfish | Define Oarfish at ”,
- The oarfish, or Regalecus glesne, is the longest bony fish in the sea. Also known as the ribbon fish, it can grow up to 50 feet in length and weigh as much as 100 pounds. The oarfish is easily distinguished by its shiny, silvery body and its. — “Oarfish - Deep Sea Creatures on Sea and Sky”,
- Definition of oarfish in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of oarfish. Pronunciation of oarfish. Translations of oarfish. oarfish synonyms, oarfish antonyms. Information about oarfish in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “oarfish - definition of oarfish by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Oarfish are large, greatly elongated, pelagic Lampriform fishes comprising the small family Regalecidae. Found in all temperate to tropical oceans yet rarely seen, the oarfish family contains four species in two genera. The common name oarfish is presumably in reference to either their. — “Oarfish - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Definition of OARFISH : a marine bony fish (Regalecus glesne) of subtropical waters with a narrow soft body from 20 to 30 feet (6 to 9 meters) long, a red dorsal fin running the entire length of the body, and red-tipped anterior rays rising above the head. First Known Use of OARFISH. 1860. — “Oarfish - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster”, merriam-
- oarfish n. , pl. , oarfish , or -fishes . A widely distributed marine fish (Regalecus glesne) having a slender silvery body up to 11 meters (36. — “oarfish: Definition from ”,
- A maritime expert says a 12-foot (3.65-meter) Giant Oarfish - the world's largest bony fish - has been found in Swedish waters for the first time in 130 years. Also known as the "King of Herrings," the dead fish was picked up by a. — “Giant Oarfish, 'King Of Herrings,' Surfaces In Sweden For”,
- The origin of the oarfish name is unknown, but may refer to the oar Because of its long, thin shape, the oarfish fish is sometimes known as the ribbonfish. — “World of Mystery: Oarfish”,
- The deep sea fish known as the oarfish can grow 20 to 30 feet long and has spawned numerous tales of sea serpents. — “Oarfish - A Real Sea Serpent”,
- Often mistaken as a sea monster, the oarfish (Regalecus glesno) is really a gentle creature that doesn't even bite, feeding instead by slurping up little animals with its small mouth. But it isn't hard to understand how the oarfish might be mistaken for a sea serpent. — “The Oarfish”,
- Oarfish are large, greatly elongated, pelagic Lampriform fishes The common name oarfish is presumably in reference to either their highly compressed and elongated bodies, or to the former (but now discredited) belief that the fish "row" themselves through the water with their pelvic fins. — “Oarfish”,
- Definition of oarfish from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of oarfish. Pronunciation of oarfish. Definition of the word oarfish. Origin of the word oarfish. — “oarfish - Definition of oarfish at ”,
- Learn more about oarfish and see them in action. Check out our oarfish video collection. The oarfish is native to temperate and tropical oceans of the world. — “Oarfish Videos”,
- An oarfish can easily be mistaken for a sea serpent, but they are really the longest bony fish in the sea, growing to fifty feet or more in length. Oarfish are rare but found worldwide in tropical and temperate waters at depths from the surface to 3,000 feet. — “Oarfish Information Page”, nmfs.noaa.gov
- oarfish (fish), (species Regalecus glesne), large, long, sinuous fish of the family Regalecidae (order Lampridiformes), found throughout the tropics and subtropics in rather deep water. A ribbon-shaped fish, very thin from side to side, the. — “oarfish (fish) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- The oarfish is as enigmatic as it is remarkable; it is the largest fish in the world, yet almost nothing is known of its biology, it occurs in Coupled with its snake-like appearance, the oarfish is sometimes mistaken for the fabled serpent, which it is not. — “Oarfish - New World Encyclopedia”,
- The oarfish is the longest bony fish in the world (Whale shark is bigger, but made of cartilage) This Oarfish, below, was found washed up on the shore of Guam, I think, and found by U.S. Navy soldiers. — “The Oarfish |”,
- Fish Identification Photos: Oarfish, Regalecus glesne: The Oarfish is the sole member of the Regalecus Genus and sole member of the Regalecidae Family. The Oarfish is the subject of ancient mariner folklore, generating many sagas about attacks by sea serpents. — “Oarfish”,
- Photos of the Oarfish we were lucky enough to see alive before it swam aggressively ashore. The oarfish is bright silver in color and has a high, bright red crest of spikes running down the back of it's snake-like body. — “Oarfish Sighting”,
- A live oarfish captured swimming near the surface of the ocean - is strange fish appears approximately 15-20 feet long and does not seem to be frightened. — “YouTube - Oarfish”,
related videos for oarfish
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -7/AUS/FLA FLA HEAVEN 26th.NOV.2007 at Wien-Arena/AUSTRIA SONG:FLA FLA HEAVEN KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- DDR Universe 3 DLC - oarfish (Expert) New Universe 3 DLC available today! Also featuring the JP Valencia voice pack (which is extremely overpriced IMO, but whatever.. I still bought it). As an aside, this was NOT a sightread. This was my warmup before I started recording.. heh.
- Oarfish - Sea Serpent Rare footage of the magnificent deep sea fish, that is a likley inspiration for the sea serpent myth. For more info and images of this wonderful creature see: jemminy2
- Giant 'Sea Serpent' Caught on Camera For more weird videos, go to . A huge oarfish was caught on camera in the Gulf of Mexico, giving scientists a rare glimpse of the bizarre fish in its native deep sea habitat. Researcher Mark Benfield describes the fish, a likely inspiration for the sea serpent myth.
- Oarfish While in Korea, i visited the 63 Story Building, which hosts various attractions such as an aquarium. There they had an oarfish on display.
- Oarfish Mating Dance Rumored to be the cause of lightning storms. Beautiful stuff taken right from the Discovery Channel. Music source: Darren Styles - Dropzone (Bonkers Mix)
- MARBLE SHEEP -OARFISH TOUR- LIVE IN AMSTERDAM at ms stubnitz recordet winter 2007 MARBLE SHEEP-OFFICIAL SITE- www.marby.or.tv
- oarfish [DDR X2/TRANS/MAIU-/Single-BASIC] freestyle Single BASIC Lv.2
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -12/POR/RAISE THE DEAD 6C.2007 at Porto-Porto Rio/PORTUGUL SONG:RAISE THE DEAD KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS SONG:RAISE THE DEAD
- oarfish [DDRX2/TRANS/MAIU-/Single-BASIC] freestyle part2 Single BASIC Lv.2
- DDRX2 - oarfish (-Chef-) since universe 3 i've been raving about this song and chart. ITS SO FUN ON PAD!
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -10/FRA/RAIN 30th.NOV.2007 at Paris-La Mecanique Ondulatoire/FRANCE SONG:RAIN KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -21/GER/HELLO HELLO 21c.2007 at Berlin-Red Rooster SONG:HELLO HELLO KEN:GUITAR,VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS SONG:RAIN
- DDR Universe 3 - oarfish Song: oarfish Artist: kors k Speed: 140 BPM Difficulty: 2/5/7/- Shown: Expert Mods Used: 2x Character: Silvia The legend himself delivers the relaxing-yet-thumping beats of oarfish straight to your face. I love this...the song, anyway. Maybe it's just because I haven't heard a lot by kors k and have very little expectations for him to meet, or maybe the song's just that good, but I do enjoy the heck out of this track. The chart's an entirely different story, however. A lot of those Freezes just seem so damn obnoxious, especially the ones that lead/FORCE you to turn your body a certain way, then suddenly make you start moving a completely different way. Such ass.
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -16/FRA/TEARS 11c.2007 at Montpellier-Le Mojomatic/FRANCE SONG:TEARS KEN:GUITAR,VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- Oarfish in Taiwan 5m oarfish found in Taiwan
- Let's Play SWR Youmu (normal) Pt.4: Oarfish and Peach Hat Well, thats that. Now I gotta fix some technical difficulties I've been having with camstudio...joy. For better quality:
- Drawing: Oarfish Finished picture: i43 A quick doodle that I did in about 30 minutes while streaming the progress live to an audience at: It was pretty fun! Maybe if I can keep it Touhou related Il'l do a few more live streams of my drawings there. But anyways, I saved the progress to be posted here as well, because I could =P It is an oarfish which was inspired by the Touhou character Iku Nagae, who is an oarfish demon and envoy of the Dragon Palace in the skies. Iku is the person that I play as when fighting in Touhou: SWR, and she's known for two things: 1. Her electric abilities 2. Her tendency to pose in a Saturday Night Fever like manner when doing a lot of her attacks Of course, because oarfish don't have arms or legs, the latter would have been difficult to represent...
- Oarfish A live oarfish... captured swimming near the surface of the ocean - is strange fish appears approximately 15-20 feet long and does not seem to be frightened by the SCUBA diver approaching it. Note the undulating dorsal fin and its near-translucent coloring. I believethis appearance is due to its silver reflective scale coloration.
- You Slippery Oarfish... So I decided to play some UNL with a friend, since I haven't touched the game in a while. And no matter what, something amusing/unexpected always manages to happen whenever we play... Marisa's hat could double as a lightning rod! Iku Nagae - Myself Marisa Kirisame - Mastakazam Music: Yukari Yakumo's theme song - Necrofantasia - 'Spring Shower' remix
- Oarfish video while freediving A baby Oar fish I caught on video while spearfishing
- oarfish Song: oarfish Artist: kors k BPM: 140 Play Style: Double Difficulty: Heavy (7) Mods: n/a Score: 66942498 Grade: AA
- Oarfish stands in the rain ... lol, i like fishes... x3 and i luv this one cuz its... i think its lol, it can be 14 meters long... i think it looks like a chinese dragon, or not?? the real one look like dragons.... i like them cuzt i like dragons x3
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR-5/GER/DROP 23rd.NOV.2007 at Magdeburg-Project 7/GERMANY SONG:DROP KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -20/ITA/RAIN 15c.2007 at Castelnuovo val Tidone-Madly Pub/ITALY SONG:RAIN KEN:GUITAR,VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- Oarfish Ways For Liberation
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -4/GER/FROM THE CENTRE 22nd.NOV.2007 at Hildesheim-KUFA/GERMANY SONG:FROM THE CENTRE KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- The Catalina Island Oarfish at The Natural History Museum LA The largest fish on earth.
- Juvenile Trachipterus trachypterus, oarfish or ribbonfish is the source for all your reef aquarium news. This juvenile oarfish was caught in shallower-than-normal water off the coast of Japan.
- WH1TE RO5E & Oarfish PFC DDR X2 AC Bad MA on both but thought I should upload them anyways. I'm working on a couple challenges now and also accepting new ones at this time.
- Giant deep sea fish .wmv Extraordinary footage of a rarely seen giant deep sea fish has been captured by scientists. Using a remotely operated vehicle, they caught a rare glimpse of the huge oarfish, perhaps the first sighting of the fish in its natural setting. The oarfish, which can reach 17m long, has previously only been seen on a few occasions dying at the sea surface, or dead washed ashore. Using remotely operated vehicles (ROV) provided by oil and gas companies, the scientists are able to explore the deep like never before. During one of these surveys, the scientists glimpsed a giant oarfish Oarfish (Regalecus glesne) are one of the world's longest fish reaching 17m. Their strange appearance may have provided the basis for the sea serpent myths told by early ocean travellers. Not only are they elongated, they also have a prominent dorsal fin which gives it an unusual "serpent" appearance. Recalling the event Professor Benfield explained how at first, they thought the fish was simply a drilling pipe called a riser being lowered into the water. "We saw this bright vertical shiny thing, I said 'are they lowering more riser?' as it looked like they were lowering a huge pipe." "We zoomed in a little bit and we said 'that's not a riser that's a fish!'" "As we approached it retreated downwards swimming tail first in a vertical orientation as the ROV followed," Professor Benfield explained. The team followed the fish for about five minutes before breaking off contact to resume ...
- WTF is up with OARFISH? Stuff you needed to know about OARFISH.
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -9/GER/WHO SHOULD BE TRUSTED? 28th.NOV.2007 at Munich-Sunny Red/GERMANY SONG:WHO SHOULD BE TRUSTED? KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -17/ITA/RIP OFF 12c.2007 at Grandate-Woodstock/ITALY SONG:RIP OFF KEN:GUITAR,VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- MARBLE SHEEP 2007 OARFISH TOUR -11/FRA/FULA FULA HEAVEN 3C.2007 at Bordeaux-La Fiacre/FRANCE SONG:FLA FLA HEAVEN KEN:GUITAR.VOCAL RIE:BASS,CHORUS TAK:GUITAR,CHORUS IWAMOTOR:DRUMS,CHORUS SAWADA:DRUMS,CHORUS
- Oarfish beaching itself Photographer: M. Eastough This clip shows a live Oarfish on the beach at Busselton, Western Australia, November 8 2003. The fish was spotted at dusk on consecutive days. On the second day it beached itself but was returned to the water by onlookers. The fish swam away, apparently unharmed. Copyright © Australian Museum, 2006 From www.austmus.gov.au
- Japan Earthquake Oarfish Omen
- Oarfish (Kors K) Oarfish by Kors K Enjoy! Look up a oarfish pic their freakin cool
- Dragon ?? (Rare fish? is it a Oarfish?) Oarfish... A short video of a fish that looks like a dragon..lol..
- OARFISH-Catlina2006.AVI Sick Oarfish Catalina Island Wrigley Fishermen's Cove
twitter about oarfish
- iPropelBoards: Suite life movie.Friday night babay. Pardien. Pardien. Oarfish.why does autocorrect keep changing words into oarfish.
- Jamesfinal: Life Science News: Earthquake Detector Fish, Oarfish http://t.co/sAi8Hs7
- wtul_playlist: Just played: Raise the Dead - Marble Sheep - Message From Oarfish(Captain Trip)
- wsw_FLChan: そうそうこの泳ぎ方 -- Oarfish http://t.co/sBh3K4J via @youtube
- nana_az7: oarfish/ESP 初見：983230(←
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about oarfish
“WildTangent Orb Forum: oarfish - Viewing Profile - WildTangent Orb Forum WildTangent Orb Forum > Viewing Profile: oarfish. View New Content. oarfish's Profile. Find”
— oarfish - Viewing Profile - WildTangent Orb Forum,
“Creature from the deep: Rare Oarfish washes up on aussie beach. The serpent-like animal bringing to at least six the number of oarfish that have washed up on the West Australian”
— Oarfish, page 1,
“Sea Monsters or Oarfish? Wow, I can see my heart pounding if it was me that came across that thing; local experts say it must have been an OARFISH (A what?) that are normally found in the waters north of Great Britain”
— Sea Monsters or Oarfish? : WFN Ambassador | World Fishing Network, wfn.tv
“Animal Fact Guide's Wildlife blog features amazing animal photos, videos, and news”
— Oarfish Spotted in Natural Habitat " Animal Fact Guide's,
“Oarfish omen spells earthquake disaster for Japan PrisonPlanet Forum > Globalization and the plan for NWO > Weather including Earthquakes (Moderator: Brendan) > Oarfish omen spells earthquake”
— Oarfish omen spells earthquake disaster for Japan,
“Delete. Autopost. Oarfish. Amazing pictures of an Oarfish near the Québec. G0A 3Z0. Canada. david@ +1 418 203 0595. vCard. Home Blog Projects”
— Oarfish - ,
“Oarfish (Regalecus glesne),The king of herrings, is listed as the longest bony fish alive, at up to 11 metres (36 ft) in length, and belongs to the family Regalecidae. The name oarfish is presumably in reference to their highly compressed and”
— Oarfish | Wordz, wordz.in
“Pligg Content Management System giant-oarfish - Google Blog Search. Posted by VoraciousGorak over 41 years View profile. Category: story. A case of the 11-foot-long giant oarfish - the world's longest awkward angle - was begin bygone in Bovallstrand, Sweden. The fish, additionally”
— Giant oarfish | Blog, iclp.ntu.edu.tw