- qanat (plural qanats) An underground conduit, between vertical shafts, that leads water from the interior of a hill to villages in the valley. 1981: Richard Edward Chapman, Geology and Water: An Introduction to Fluid Mechanics for Geologists, page 112. — “qanat - Wiktionary”,
- Welcome to. . Related Searches: Related Searches. Related Searches. Sponsored Listings. Web Results. Popular Categories. — “”,
- A qanat فنت is an underground system of Irrigation allowing to collect seepage waters. A qanat is built by the drilling of a tunnel in a cliff, a Scarp or a base of a mountainous sector, according to an aquiferous. — “Qanat - SpeedyLook Encyclopedia”,
- Definition of qanat from Webster's New World College Dictionary. Meaning of qanat. Pronunciation of qanat. Definition of the word qanat. Origin of the word qanat. — “qanat - Definition of qanat at ”,
- :: Home :: Oil & Power :: Building Material :: :: Communication :: Medical :: Contact Us :: Copy Right reserved AL-QANAT GEN.TRD.CONTRACTING ::: webmaster :. — “::: Al-Qanat Gen.Trading & Contracting :::”, al-
- Qanat definition at , a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!. — “Qanat | Define Qanat at ”,
- qanat (water-supply system), ancient type of water-supply system, developed and still used in arid regions of the world. A qanāt taps underground mountain water sources trapped in and beneath the upper reaches of alluvial fans and channels the. — “qanat (water-supply system) -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia”,
- The Qanat: Ancient Antidote to Arid Iran's Thirst. Biot Report #676: January 01, 2010 Most villages and rural areas on Iran's mile-high desert plateau depend on water provided by qanat systems. — “The Qanat: Ancient Antidote to Arid Iran's Thirst”, semp.us
- Qanat is an ancient system found in arid regions that bring groundwater from the cliff, or base of a mountainous area, following a water-bearing formation (aquifer) or rarely from rivers, and emerge at an oasis, through underground tunnel or a. — “Etymological Conduit to the Land of Qanat by Dr. V. Sankaran Nair”,
- Iran is a country known for its 'Qanats' or underground water channels that run for hundreds of kilometres across dry deserts. A visit inside such a structure provides a memorable and exciting adventure altogether. — “Tour inside the Qanat”,
- Qanat. A qanāt (from قناة ) (Iran, Syria and Jordan), kārīz (or kārēz An Ab Anbar is an example of a traditional qanat fed reservoir for drinking water in Persian antiquity. — “Qanat”,
- What's your idea about design of this site? Surprised. Very good. Nice. Not bad. Bad. Error in who's online insert query!. — “.:: International Center on Qanats and Historic Hydraulic”,
- There are still many examples of qanat systems in Spain, most likely brought to the area by the Moors during their occupation of the Iberian peninsula. fr: Un qanat est un système d'irrigation souterrain permettant de récolter les eaux d'infiltration. — “Category:Qanat - Wikimedia Commons”,
- The qanat works of Iran were built on a scale that rivaled the great aqueducts of the Roman Empire. References to qanat systems, known by various names, are fairly common in the literature of ancient and medieval times. — “The quanats of Iran”,
- Encyclopedia article about Qanat. Information about Qanat in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “Qanat definition of Qanat in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Qanat google map. Satellite image of Qanat, Iran and near destinations. Travel deals. See Qanat photos and images from satellite below, explore the aerial photographs of Qanat in Iran. — “Qanat Map | Iran Google Satellite Maps”,
related videos for qanat
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa reading her poetry Lebanon شعر لبنان Najwa Karam reding her poetry about Lebanon Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- Classical persian music in Kish underground city - Kariz or Qanat - Iran March 2010 4 young Iranian musicians playing Classical persian music in Kish underground city called Kariz or Qanat, Iran March 2010
- Akhbar ala Qanat al Forat Part 4 40th of muharram ala Qanat al forat
- Qanat Al Qasba Musical Fountain Sharjah UAE.wmv Video of the Musical Fountain in Qanat Al Qasba, Sharjah. UAE
- e3lan 7ala2et qanat el ahly ma3a qanat hannibal
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing Haji Taol Rjaie حاجي تقول رجعي Najwa Karam singing a Mowwal 7aji T2ol Irja3i Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- Akhbar ala Qanat al forat Part 1 40th of muharram ala Qanat al forat
- Akhbar ala Qanat al Forat Part 3 40th of muharram ala Qanat al forat
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing El Hanouni الحنونة Najwa Karam singing El Hanouni from her album Hayda Haki Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- Nawal Zoghbi fi Qanat 5 nogoum 3ayzak
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing Hayda Haki هيدا حكي Najwa Karam singing Hayda Haki Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing Mowal/Zahle موال + زحلة يا دار Najwa Karam singing a Mowwal + Zahle Ya Dar El Salam Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- News on Qanat al forat PArt 1-3 Akhbar ala qanat al forat part 1
- al qanat assaghira- nefs & nya
- Qanat al Qasba fireworks cute noh
- 40th of Muharram 2009 on Qanat Forat Part 1 BEAUTIFUL VIDEO ON QANAT AL FORAT PART - WITH A BEAUTIFUL LATMYA... AL SALAMO ALAK YA SAYDY YA HUSSAIN....
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa and Hala sing Biktob Ismak بكتب أسمك Najwa Karam singing with Hala, Bektob Esmak for Fairouz Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- Baby & Aman Qanat Al Qasba
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing a Medley (Pt. 2) ميدلي Najwa Karam singing a Medley (Part 2 of 2) Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing Law Ma Btikzob لو ما بتكذب Najwa Karam singing Law Mabtikzob from her album Hayda Haki Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- Qanat el Qasbaa sakmak sharja
- News on Qanat Al forat Part 2-3 Akhbar ala qanat al forat part 2
- Qanat Al Qasba - Sharjah UAE
- Qanat Al Qasba - Sharjah, UAE Qanat Al Qasba is a destination of cultural variety and learning open to everyone. This extraordinary development offers a mix of entertainment, retailers and restaurants rich in variety and unique in its diversity. For all who join, or simply visit the community that is Qanat Al Qasba, the experience is indeed significant.
- Qanat al Qasba ..
- HobaHobaSpirit al qanat assaghira Nefs & Niya HobaHobaSpirit al qanat assaghira
- Qanat al Qasba - Corporate Video Qanat al Qasba(QAQ) seeks to be a premier cultural, entertainment and leisure destination of the region. Do visit our website, "www.qaq.ae", for more information about us.
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing Lama Rah El Sabr لما راح الصبر Najwa Karam singing egyptian Lamma Ra7 El Sabr Minno Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- 40th of Muharram on Qanat Forat PART 2 BEAUTIFUL VIDEO ON QANAT AL FORAT PART - WITH A BEAUTIFUL LATMYA... AL SALAMO ALAK YA SAYDY YA HUSSAIN.... MUSHALLAH LOOK HOW MUCH PEOPLE CAME TO KARBALA THIS YEAR.. ALLAH KATHAR SHIAT HUSSAIN!
- Akhbar ala Qanat al Forat Part 2 40th of muharram ala Qanat al forat
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing a Medley (Pt. 1) ميدلي Najwa Karam singing a Medley (Part 1 of 2) Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
- qanat (mftk)_beta @ roots concerto dei qanat (music for the kigdom) al roots (palermo) il 19-12-2008
- Nawal Zoghbi fi Qanat 5 nogoum masterscene
- Giuseppe Amato\Qanat Ten international architecture studios, an anthropologist, and an artist, have been brought together by Moleskine and the Venice International University to work on the "Mapping Contemporary Venice" initiative.
- Qanat Al Qasba Logo Qanat Al Qasba, Sharjah, UAE
- QANATS OF IRAN with commentary at A qanat (from Arabic: قنات) or kareez (from Persian: كاريز) is a water management system used to provide a reliable supply of water to human settlements or for irrigation in hot, arid and semi-arid climates. The technology is known to have developed in ancient Persia, and then spread to other cultures, especially along the Silk Road as far east as China as well as by Arabic cultures as far west as Morocco and the Iberian Peninsula. Qanats are constructed as a series of well-like vertical shafts, connected by gently sloping tunnels. This technique: Taps into a subterranean water in a manner that efficiently delivers large quantities of water to the surface without need for pumping. The water drains relying on gravity, with the destination lower than the source, which is typically an upland aquifer. Allows water to be transported long distances in hot dry climates without losing a large proportion of the source water to seepage and evaporation. It is very common in the construction of a qanat for the water source to be found below ground at the foot of a range of foothills of mountains, where the water table is closest to the surface. From this point, the slope of the qanat is maintained closer to level than the surface above, until the water finally flows out of the qanat above ground. To reach an underground aquifer qanats must often be of extreme length. The qanat technology was used most extensively in areas with the following ...
- A Karez (Qanat) of Turpan, China (Excerpt from the Silk Road Series, c. 1980.mp4
- Nawal Zoghbi fi Qanat 5 nogoum cooking
- (Qanat 5 Njoum) Najwa singing Teala W Titammar تعلى وتتعمر Najwa Karam singing Te3la W Tit3amar Ya Dar for Wadi3 El Safi Qanat 5 Njoum with Hala Sarhan on Rotana Mousiqa
twitter about qanat
- ayalawadhi: @AbdullaAlmansor @AbdullaAlBahar afa ishouf qanat scope ow mayred !!
- HassnaAlshameri: @AnfalAlDector FOULAAA ;@ 76ay Qanat nghm star aCademy 7a6en 7moudyy ;$ <3
- yousefalwaraa: Shofay qanat elshahed bseer3a @ReemHAlTahous bseeerr3a
- ThatUPTKid: @JustDo_ItOG mr either I thought it qanat serious but it it
- radrrek: fi oghneya esmaha a7e a7e fi eh 3la qanat 25 yanayer WHAT THE HELL !!!!!!
- N_ALMutawa: Bser3aaaaa shoofaw qanat star academy "wallaaaaaa emawtoooooooooooOn mn e'9e7ek" fla5aw mn elbachi XD
- Zaina_T: @FarahAlSane ay qanat ?
- Fatima_thouq: @SarahvDawood shako qatar bel jazera jazera its a channel & commercial they got their way to do money kel qanat laha 6areqatha
- adelmaymoon: [email protected]_alhammadi: @adelmaymoon min I'll thoor elli 3bali mosques? Min min min? *hint: qanat al aalam* ;p” and some others!!
- F_AlHammaDi: @adelmaymoon min I'll thoor elli 3bali mosques? Min min min? *hint: qanat al aalam* ;p
- KhaledIsmil: RT @GoodBarley: isA 7atta L Ismailia, momken a3oom f Qanat L Suez, 3adi :D RT @KhaledIsmil: محدش عايز ياخدني في شنطة وهو مسافر سخنة أو ساحل ؟
- Dalal_alajeel: @SHATHA__A @isara_al ay qanat?
- Raghdaa89: @athba90 ay qanat?
- KinaGSupporter: @BieberKSA how can u fall asleep while watching the greatest movie ever? Lol 3ala ayya qanat? xD
- TasnimTaha: Qanat el fara3een #fail #fail #Fail #Fail y5rbeeet kda !.... Mafrood y2lboha Qana comedya XD
- LouisGlasses: @Catherine_SF I qanat talking directly to you.. My tweets aren't all about you..
- RazzAlMusallam: Qanat Scope, halaga much? #GoAway
- Seleucid: So not bashmarga? Apologies needed from state tv. Qanat bint kalb
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about qanat
“Blog Details. Iraq: Inflation Falls to Lowest Level in Over 17 Years. Source: Source: al-Qanat, Iraq, January 23, 2008. Share: Tag Cloud. Iran. Jihad”
— The MEMRI Blog - Full Blog Entry,
“Turpan in Xinjiang China runs multiple activities, in which travellers can experience the local customs, to "extend" the tourist season.formal gowns The well-known Huoyanshan, Aiding Lake, Grape Ditch, Qanat, and Qianfo Cave attract a large”
— Kristin Chenoweth Travel to Turpan | The Official Kristin, kristin-
“AN AGREEMENT to develop a residential block touted as the "Venice of Qatar" on Pearl-Qatar island was signed yesterday. The deal was signed between United Development Company (UDC), the developers of the Pearl-Qatar project, and Retaj Marketing”
— Venice of Qatar - The Pearl,
“Caroline Mawer - The Bakhtiari: Nomads Who Ruled Iran, Shah Abbas: His 1000km Walk Retraced & Crafts & Craftsmen of Iran”
— Caroline Mawer " Blog Archive " See inside a qanat,
“Winning Tip for Scrabble The secret to learning how to win at Scrabble depends on the skill level of your opponent, of course. Since you're reading an article”
— How To Win at Scrabble,
“Yesterday I dragged my brother along with me to take some picture using the new camera we bought. So we selected Qanat Al Qasba corniche in Sharjah. It is a”
— Photo shoot in Qanat Al Qasba corniche Sharjah | Imthiaz Blog,
“Caroline Mawer - The Bakhtiari: Nomads Who Ruled Iran, Shah Abbas: His 1000km Walk Retraced & Crafts & Craftsmen of Iran Blog. See inside a qanat. November 10th, 2010. For those of you who are claustrophobic, here is a rare chance (for the next few days ONLY: don't delay, the BBC will take it”
— Caroline Mawer,