- He was informative about the sabering of the champagne bottles and showed us the amazing wine cellar. The wine cellar can host up to 30 people and you can learn all about how to saber a champagne bottle. — “The Bearfoot Bistro and Champagne Lounge”,
- Definition of sabering in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of sabering. Pronunciation of sabering. Translations of sabering. sabering synonyms, sabering antonyms. Information about sabering in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. — “sabering - definition of sabering by the Free Online”,
- Free online English dictionary. We define saber as NSaber \Sa'ber\, Sabre \Sa'bre\, n. [F. sabre, G. s['a]bel; ofuncertain origin; cf. Hung. — “Definition of Saber from ”,
- February 24, 2010 Wine sabering at the Police Museum. February 24, 2010. Comments and faves. Lee Animal (8 months ago | reply) bob is a new personal hero. i've always wanted to do that. i think bottles of champs should only be opened this way. — “Wine sabering at the Police Museum | Flickr - Photo Sharing!”,
- Vimeo is a respectful community of creative people who are passionate about sharing the videos they make. Use Vimeo if you want the best tools and highest quality video in the universe. Sabering in the Garden with Kathryn Borel Jr. — “Sabering in the Garden with Kathryn Borel Jr. on Vimeo”,
- sabering use in phrases and idioms. Idioms with sabering. sabering in expressions. Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. — “sabering - Idioms - by the Free Dictionary, Thesaurus and”,
- We found 9 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word sabering: sabering: Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary, 11th Edition [home, info] Sabering, sabering: Dictionary. — “Definitions of sabering - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- As elegant as a soundless, spill-less, uncorking may be, there is another way to open a bottle of bubbly on the opposite end of the dramatic spectrum called "sabering." As the legend goes, the tradition of sabering a bottle of Champagne began with Napoleon's army. — “The Daily Sip - VIDEO: The Ultimate Party Trick”,
- Sabering definition, a heavy, one-edged sword, usually slightly curved, used esp. by cavalry. See more. — “Sabering | Define Sabering at ”,
- The Nobel Art of Sabering ChampagneHere is a step-by-step guide to The Noble Art of Sabrage. If you follow these steps you will never fail to accomplish the task and do it safely*.First, the bottle 'MUST' be cold. Take a chilled bottle of. — “The art of Champagne Sabering”,
- Sabrage, the art of removing the cork and annulus with a saber, apparently got its start in the late 17th century, during the Napoleonic Wars. Some historians say that mounted regiments of Hussards celebrated victory by sabering bottles from horseback, not bothering to dismount. — “The Art of Champagne Sabering - ”,
- Sabering a bottle of Champagne is the shortest path to a festive New Year's Eve. Sabering Champagne is big and showy, and an utter scene-stealer wherever you choose to execute it. — “Bring in the New Year With a Bang! - ”,
- wine classes, master sommelier, elizabeth schweitzer, wine dinners, wine writer, wine educator, food and wine, sommelier, sabering, cooking, fine dining, grapes, best wine classes. — “Home Page”,
- This technique calls for one to open the champagne by slicing off the top of the bottle with a long saber while the glass remains intact around the cork - a feat that dates back to the 1800s, Napoleon Bonaparte and the French The victory cry of Napoleon's cavalry became "Sabre le champagne!. — “Jan Kish la petite fleur - Sabering Story”,
- The French Culinary Institute instructor explains the finer points of popping corks with a knife. Pop Shot: Watch Dave Arnold's Champagne-Sabering Demo. — “Pop Shot: Watch Dave Arnold's Champagne-Sabering Demo -- Grub”,
- Wine should be a laugh, not a lecture, which accurately sums up wine expert, Christine Ansbacher's, approach to the topic. She is known as the "The Wine. — “YouTube - Champagne Sabering”,
related videos for sabering
- Champagne Sabering & tv Clips.mpg Master Sommelier Catherine Fallis, aka grape goddess, Champagne Sabering and tv clips
- Tesauro sabers on Good Day Atlanta Demonstration of Champagne sabering, or beheading a bottle of bubbly, by Jason Tesauro, author of The MODERN GENTLEMAN: A Guide to Essential Manners, Savvy & Vice (Ten Speed Press, 2002) and The MODERN LOVER: A Playbook for Suitors, Spouses & Ringless Carousers (Ten Speed Press, 2004).
- Sabering around A quick but nice saber fight with PVC pipes painted with glow paint to make it glow...enjoy.
- Doris Miculan Bradley Sabering Champagne at Fortress Louisburg Dinner Nov 29.08-Toronto Professor, Master Sommelier Candidate, Doris Miculan Bradley sabers champagne at a "Fortress of Loiusbourg" dinner held in the dinning hall at Old Fort York, Toronto, Ontario November 29,2008. French recipes paired with wines inspired by the inventories of the residents of Louisbourg. Guided by an historian and sommelier, diners were treated to an evening of fine dining in 18th century Louisbourg.
- Champagne Sabering 101 Our First Experience Sabering Champagne Bottles!
- Sabering a Champagne Bottle ALWAYS have wanted to try this! After watching a couple videos, they said to run the knife back and forth on the seam of the champagne bottle to warm it up. So that's what I was doing for the first little while. As it was my 1st time, I was a little scared, so I wore a work glove JUST in case. :) I used the dull end of the knife. It wasn't an official Sabre, but I thought it was just as fun! ...it was last minute as my cousins were in town and I had wanted to try it, so I roped them into video taping for me. Maybe another time I'll try having a camera on a tripod. :)
- 2010 Olympics - Champagne Sabering Challenge in Whistler - Guinness World Records
- Sabering champagne with a sword Here's another look at Bob Burke sabering a champagne bottle with a sword in honor of the new year.
- How to Use a Champagne Saber This brief video demonstrates how to use a Champagne saber to open a bottle of sparkling wine. Do not try this at home as it can be dangerous. Glass shards and the flying top of the bottle can injury you or nearby people! For more info about Champagne sabers, see www.wine-tastings- Cheers!
- Saber Champagne by Brian Marsh How to saber champagne by Brian Marsh- You too can saber champagne with a $ 20 sword purchased from .
- Sabering a magnum of Jean Laurent Champagne Champagne Warrior, Brad Baker, sabering a magnum of Jean Laurent Champagne
- Champagne: How to Open with a Saber Have you ever wondered about the bubbles in Champagne? How about how to open the bottle, or how about that famous party trick of opening the Champagne bottle with a saber? Join The Classic Wines Minute as we answer these questions and more. Veuve Clicquot has allowed us to sample their wine and discuss Veuve Clicquot Champagne with Charles Curtis, director of wine and spirits education for Moet Hennessey. To find your own bubbly to enjoy please visit us at for a wide selection of wine from around the world.
- 2011 Champagne Saber Fail.mov Having never watched a instructional video, sabering comes naturally!
- Saber Claus -- an N-Star and G-Maniac Xmas (PART 3) Saber Claus -- an N-Star and G-Maniac Xmas (PART 3) ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Novastar and Gundamaniac complete their purchase of $100+ worth of food... and about 150 lbs. and one empty R2D2 shopping cart later, we find them on their way to donate the lot of it to Second Harvest Food Bank! A little sabering upon the return home doesn't hurt either... PART III 12/29/08 HAPPY NEW YEAR, and remember: it's NOT too late for YOU to donate! Even one can of food can make a difference... or one old jacket! So do it now! Today!
- Sabering a bottle of Champagne You do own a saber, don't you?
- Sabering for a Guinness World Record St. Regis Atlanta Sommelier, Harry Constantinescu, accepted the extraordinary challenge to establish a Guinness Book World Record! In partnership with Veuve Clicquot, Harry's first attempt to break the Guinness Book World Record, on September 17, 2010, was a valiant effort! He sabered 19 bottles of champagne in 60 seconds - an achievement that is undeniably admirable! Harry's Challenge: Saber at least 22 bottles of champagne in less than 60 seconds. Harry's Competition: Andre Saint Jacques sabered 21 bottles of champagne in one minute in October 2006 - Whistler, Canada. Harry's Celebration: 19 bottles of Veuve Clicquot poured generously through the audience as Harry was congratulated on his first attempt. While he was three bottles shy of securing the World record, the challenge is not over! Follow the St. Regis Atlanta on Facebook for the next World Record Challenge! /stregisatl
- Champagne Sabering Wine should be a laugh, not a lecture, which accurately sums up wine expert, Christine Ansbacher's, approach to the topic. She is known as the "The Wine Diva" because she injects a theatrical flair and sense of humor into her wine tastings. She speaks at corporate receptions, dinners and conferences all over the US. Her presentations are lively, fast-paced, and interactive, and create a sense of ease and adventure about wine. She doesn't tell her audiences how the soil and climate affect the taste of a wine, nor describe wines in flowery language like, "this wine tastes like blueberries with a whiff of smoky bacon fat and tar." Instead, she shares practical advice on how to spot great values and smart splurges at the restaurant and the wine store; how to drink better wine and pay less; and some simple guidelines for food and wine pairing. The practical tips, insider secrets and shortcuts she shares at her wine events are all contained in her new book, "Secrets from The Wine Diva: Tips on Buying, Ordering & Enjoying Wine."
- Champagne Sabering goes horribly awry A friend attempts to saber a champagne bottle on New Year's Eve with a flimsy butcher's knife.
- Of Champagne and Swords: Champagne Sabering on New Years Eve Return with us to the thrilling days of yesteryear, as unlike any champagne sabering you have seen before, this is the most fun clip ever. Champagne is always a time for fun and friends, and this video showing Bob And Gerry, that this New Year's Eve is no exception. These two gentlemen rattle their saber and broadsword while preparing to enjoy some champagne if only the corked bottles were not in the way...
- Dave Arnold sabers a bottle of bubbly--in slo mo Dave Arnold, The FCI's Director of Culinary Technology, demonstrates sabering do's and don't's with the help of a video camera that shoots 1000 frames per second. Visit for more tech goodness.
- Champagne Sabering Dabney Gough demonstrates a cool party trick- champagne sabering!
- Sabering Champagne A quick look at opening a bottle of sparkling wine with a kitchen knife. From a Certified Wine Educator.
- How to Saber Champagne The finer points of sabering a Champagne bottle, that is, opening it by cutting off the end.
- Grant sabers a bottle of champagne Grant Stoddard cutting open a bottle of champagne using a steak knife.
- How to Saber a Bottle of Champagne by Bubble Lounge Video by the Bubble Lounge in NYC
- Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan Saber Champagne, PlumTV 2007 Jennifer Simonetti-Bryan, the 4th woman in the US to attain the title Master of Wine, sabering champagne on the "MorningNoon Night" show on PlumTV in the Hamptons. We learned a lot at the last MorningNoon&Night Show of the weekend, like how to use a saber in order to open a bottle of Champagne - no joke. Jennifer Simonetti, from Remy Cointreau, demonstrated the practice which we seriously advise you leave to the professionals.
- Kevin Sabers A Champagne Bottle (Again) This one's for you, Nick. My parents? Not as impressed as they should have been.
- Champagne Sabering Jason Tesauro, author of The MODERN GENTLEMAN, beheads a bottle of bubbly with a Champagne saber.
- National Fatherhood Initiative: 'Light Saber' A PSA from the National Fatherhood Initiative. For more information, visit . It takes a man to be a dad.
- Mark Oldman: How to Saber a Bottle Award-winning author and wine connoisseur Mark Oldman describes how to open a bottle dramatically by running a knife along its seam at the 2007 Food & Wine Classic in Aspen.
- Safely Saber Champagne with Master Sommelier David Glancy Learn how to safely saber champagne with PCI's Master Sommelier David Glancy. 3.7
- Star Wars Jedi Academy Sabering.wmv Multiplayer Saber Battles in JK3. If you want to hide the display,the code is \cg_draw2d 0 This will hide the display and let you make movies. My Computer specs are Ati Radeon HD 4350 1GB Intel Core 2 Duo e6300 3 GB of ram Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
- How to saber a champagne bottle Sommelier Jimson Bienenstock wanted to show how to properly saber a champagne bottle, filmed at George Restaurant in Toronto.
- World record in sabering 144 bottles in 10 seconds 144 sabered bottles in 10 seconds pending review New Guiness World Record Stockholm Oct 9 2008 Hosted By Codorniu
- Sabering a Champagne Bottle the Norwegian Way What better way to end a day of heli-skiing from Verbier? As we came down to St Remy in Italy - watch as Staale is sabering a champagne bottle with his ski...
- Jedi Academy Serenity Sabering Mod NEW A demo of the sabersystem with manual projectile and saber block at a cost of force points.
- 10 bottles of Champagne sabered in 23 seconds at the St Regis Atlanta Practicing for the Guinness World Record in sabering. 10 bottles of Champagne sabered in 23 seconds.
- Sabering Champagne Marcel Bregstein, Sommelier and Clubhouse Manager at the prestigious Toronto Hunt Club as well as instructor at the Charles MacPherson Academy for Butlers and Household Managers, demonstrates to the students the traditional art of opening a bottle of champagne using a sabre.
- Let's Saber Champagne Bottle with Matthew Horbund As the holidays approach, Champagne and sparking wine will be served in hundreds of thousands of houses across the world. If you want to make a dramatic statement opening your bottle of Champagne, you can always Sabre it open. While in this video I use a chef's knife, it's a lot more fun using a military sabre. I'll do that in the next video, and I'll explain how it's done so you can do it too!!
twitter about sabering
- sarahhlambert: Champagne tasting (and private sabering lesson WHAT!!) (@ The Bubble Lounge w/ @slambert4) http://4/kSMj7J
- caayooot: @K1rgen swear to god i will cut you, dirty light sabering whore mouth
- vemmatw: Champagne Sabering For Wow Factor http://bit.ly/jmdBuI
- teamnermans: Julio's new World Record for Champagne Sabering has already been challenged by american Zane Lamprey...check it out http://goo.gl/ZTWfJ
- jeremycee: #DeathRematch! RT @zanelamprey: My sabering world rec has been broken by Julio Gonzalo Chang Romero in Marbella, SP http://fb.me/11qiQaUEu
- BadDogWine: Sabering Champagne Tuesday with Jean-Remy Rapeneau. Have to drink the leftovers......
- CongoLover: Parrots, Paddling and Ponderings: Brr--rr--rr ... Sabering, chilling and nitro-ing at the Bearfoot... http://t.co/9uGlpD8
- 55DegreeWineGuy: You are out of control, but in a good way! RT @antoniogianola: Just 'Sabered' a bottle with a Water Pitcher #2 #sabering
- TexasWineGuy: @antoniogianola I love sabering with interesting items. Never used those items though!
- antoniogianola: Just 'Sabered' a bottle with a Water Pitcher #2 #sabering
- antoniogianola: From this point forward no more sabering with a saber. I will not repeat a sabering instrument. #JustDidItWithABucket
- barrelrollman: Check this video out -- Barrelrollman -- Sabering Champagne 101, St Regis, Atlanta, Georgia 4-2011 http://t.co/gthFfr4 via @youtube #punchit
- zakin1: RT @VegasUncorked: Julian Serrano will 'uncork' the VU weekend by sabering a fabulous bottle of La Caravelle - thank you Rita @CaravelleChamp!!!
- kassipr: RT @VegasUncorked: Julian Serrano will 'uncork' the VU weekend by sabering a fabulous bottle of La Caravelle - thank you Rita @CaravelleChamp!!!
- CaravelleChamp: RT @VegasUncorked: Julian Serrano will 'uncork' the VU wknd by sabering a fabulous bottle of La Caravelle - thank U Rita @CaravelleChamp!
- VegasUncorked: Julian Serrano will 'uncork' the VU weekend by sabering a fabulous bottle of La Caravelle - thank you Rita @CaravelleChamp!!!
- _publiclibrary_: Sabering Champagne http://t.co/IiRcmow
- Fairiesarefly: "@Shoegalsedgwick: Now @Otisbear is light sabering me. This is a slow Saturday night b" filth!!!!
- Shoegalsedgwick: Now @Otisbear is light sabering me. This is a slow Saturday night b
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about sabering
“Take part in a Champagne SABERING with Sir Jeremy Bell of Scotland, for a Perrier-Jouet Champagne "sabering", where Sir Jeremy shows spectators how”
“Judge Stomps Salahi's Bid to Dismiss Winery Bankruptcy - Wall Street Journal (blog) Wall Street Journal (blog) - (Viticulture) Deals of the Day: Big Pay Day for Hedge Funds - Wall Street Journal (blog) - (Google News - Winery) Wine 101: The Art of Sabering - Wall Street Journal (blog) - (Cork)”
“Useless? Kind of. Cool? Totally. Learn how to 'saber' a Champagne bottle. Some sabering experts recommend using only real, French champagne, which they say opens more cleanly”
— How to Pop a Champagne Cork...with a Sword! | Wine Storage,
“Sabering Champagne is something I'd only recently heard about, and how lucky I feel to Basically, sabering Champagne involves opening the stuff with the help of a big knife - a”
— Hip Tastes Blog,
“Blogs about: Tech N Stuff Blog. Featured Blog. How to saber a bottle of champagne! Sabering a bottle of champagne is a party trick Wendi Hiebert wrote 1 year ago: Sabering a bottle of champagne is a party trick that would be impressive to”
— Tech N Stuff Blog — Blogs, Pictures, and more on WordPress,
“Wine & food, commentary, and shared experiences from the world of wine. Oh, and a wine and food pairing application that is based entirely on the actual experiences of a long-time sommelier”
— Wine Pairings & Commentary at WineThink " Blog Archive,
“Explore San Francisco's food and drink culture with restaurant recommendations and food and ingredient trend-spotting with former Fine Cooking recipe tester Dabney Gough”
— 'The Eat Generation' Blog - ,
“Our Sabre and Savour Champagne Sabering event took place a couple weeks ago, and we are still getting people commenting about how successful it was. For some reason, people just love Veuve, Krug, great food from Paul Boehmer, and opening”
— House and Home blog story about The Wine Establishment,
related keywords for sabering
similar for sabering
- fencing sword
- online dictionary
- thesaurus browser
- free online dictionary
- english dictionary
- cavalry sword
- champagne bottle
- free online english dictionary
- flexible blade
- champagne champagne
- champagne sword
- champagne saber
- cristal champagne
- champagne glasses
- champagne glass
- french champagne
- champagne fountain
- champagne chair
- bottle pop
- special occasions
- countless events
- special moments
- free dictionary
- phrases and idioms
- idiom dictionary
- new american
- glass bottle
- bottle neck
- wire basket
- internal pressure
- bottom of the bottle
- neck area
- glass ring
- champagne flutes
- dictionary results
- edge of the sword
- word origin
- dictionary search
- onelook dictionary search
- english definitions
- free encyclopedia
- first link
- plain text
- lingual dictionary
- christian says
- food recipes
- christian co
- driving conditions