- Silapathikaram. How to Reach Madurai " Chennai to Madurai. You will find the main chunk of tourist flow to Madurai, in Tamilnadu, India, (which is in thousands every day), is from Chennai, the State Capital of Tamilnadu. The "Temple City" is. — “Chennai to Madurai | indica.co.in”, indica.co.in
- KERALALYEEAM at KANE Onam 2010 PARTICIPANTS Elisa Daniel, Sheena Simon, Serena Simon, Mariam Simon, Manju Abraham, Michaela Abraham, Karina Abraham, Silapathikaram by Madurai R Muralidaran & ensemble at KANE Onam 2010. — “Mudra.tv : KERALALYEEAM at KANE Onam 2010”, mudra.tv
- Silapathikaram. Kannaki, who is said to be an incarnation of Devi Sathi, after killing the king of Madurai Pandya raja, who killed In Silapathikaram the place where Devi meditated is mentioned as Chen Kunnu. ( ref: Page 62) They constructed a temple there with the financial assistance of their king. — “Chengannur Mahadeva Temple”,
- He is famous for the legends surrounding Kannagi , the heroine of the Tamil epic Silapathikaram (Manimekalai, another epic about Kovalan's Buddhist daughter). According to legends, Ilango Adigal , the author of Cilpatikaram was Senguttuvan's brother, but renounced the throne to become saint. — “Senguttuvan - Kosmix : Reference, Videos, Images, News”,
- LIFE HISTORY OF U.V.SWAMINATHA IYER FAMOUSLY CALLED TAMIL THAATHTHAA DIRECTED BY A WELL KNOWN DIRECTOR A.JAGANNATHAN, B.A queue Silapathikaram - An Epic with Christian allegia by MillenniumSunRise2,143 views. — “YouTube - LIFE HISTORY U.V.SWAMINATHA IYER”,
- Kannagi or (Kaá¹‡á¹‡aki) (Tamil: à®•à®£à ̄à®£à®•à®¿), a legendary Tamil woman, is the central character of the South Indian epic Silapathikaram. depicting her in the scene from Silapathikaram where she demands justice from the king,. — “Pathini”, tamil-
- According to Balasubramanian, in Silapathikaram, Ilago Adigal mentions the name "Thalaikkol Taanam" as the stage in which the dance is performed. In Silapathikaram, the event of awarding of Thalaikkol to Madhavi is described. — “The Hindu : Tamil Nadu News : Unique sculpture identified”,
- News about Silapathikaram. Find more information and articles on Silapathikaram in the archives. — “Silapathikaram | Silapathikaram from archives | Article on”, living.oneindia.in
- The general plan of the city of Puhar is described in considerable detail in the fifth book of Silapathikaram (c. fifth century CE) The city, its port and the trade are fully described in Sangam literature, particularly focused on in the epics Silapathikaram and Manimekalai. — “Puhar encyclopedia topics | ”,
- Silapathikaram is an excellent Tamil epic written between 200 - 300 AD by Ilango Adigal, the son of a Chera King. The heroine of this southern ancient epic poem "The Jeweled Anklet" is Kannagi. The story is about her violent revenge against the injustice inflicted to her husband "kovalan". — “Kannagi - Kovalan - Silapathikaram a story by Ilango Adigalar”,
- Tiruchengodu is in Namakkal District. The ancient Arthanareeswar temple is situated in Tiruchengodu. The ancient Arthanareeswar temple was mentioned in the Tamil work Silapathikaram as Neduvelkunru. — “Tiruchengodu, Tiruchengodu Temples, Arthanareeswar temple”,
- Kannagi or (Kaá¹_ á¹_ aki) (), a legendary Tamil woman, is the central character of the South Indian epic Silapathikaram. Legend has it that Kannagi took revenge on the king of Madurai, for a mistaken death penalty imposed on her husband Kovalan,. — “Kannagi | ”,
- SPECIAL FEATURE: EDUCATION IN CHENNAI - Frontline - Volume 27 - Issue 16 :: Jul. 31-Aug. 13, 2010 "Silapathikaram" - Dinakaran - 12/4/2010. National Seminar on "Silapathikaram" - Dinamalar. — “SCSVMV in Press”, kanchiuniv.ac.in
- Welcome to Guru Brindavan Apartments Owners and Residents Portal. Silapathikaram Street, Ganesh Nagar, Selaiyur, Chennai, Pin Code - 600073. — “Guru Brindavan Apartments, Selaiyur, Chennai - Portal for”,
- Arulmigu Subramania Swamy Temple Social Services includes the following services like Karunai Illam, Nadaswara training school and more been praised by Nakkirar in his poem, Thirumurugatrupadai and in other Tamil works like Purananooru, Silapathikaram and Devaram. — “Illai Viboothi | Lord Murugan's Second Abode | Subramanya”,
- You know, involving Madurai, the Temple City of Tamilnadu, India there is a great Tamil Epic _ Silapathikaram _ praised by both Scholars for its excellence and laymen for its legend. Silapathikaram is one of the five outstanding epics of Tamil. — “Silappathikaram”, hampi.in
- Silapathikaram is one of the five great epics written in Tamil language. The story of Kannagi plays an important role in history of Madurai. — “Silapathikaram - Madurai - ”,
- The movie poompugaar, penned by 'Kalaignar' M. Karunanidhi is also based on Silapathikaram. There are multiple dance dramas as well by some of the great exponents of Tamil Nadu's Silapathikaram Epic of the Ankle Bracelet: Ancient Story and Modern Identity. — “Silappatikaram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- The photographs and notes he takes along the way serve to refresh his memory as he composes the initial sketches for his graphic novel, 'Silapathikaram'. "People have always read Silapathikaram, the Tamil epic that revolves around Kannagi, as a text," says Sivakumar. — “Sketching the Silapathikaram - The Times of India”,
- The ancient Tamil epic Silapathikaram is considered as one of the five important Tamil epics. Even the ancient epic Silapathikaram clearly indicates the length and width of those bamboo pillars. — “Artscope | Online edition of Daily News - Lakehouse Newspapers”, dailynews.lk
related videos for silapathikaram
- Thirukkural - Am i Good / Bad ? In this video i explain Thirukkural no 181...This is under chapter called slander.Pls do watch and post your valuable comments.
- SIVAPPATHIKAARAM atrai thingal vaanidam
- Senthil Marriage - 18.02.08 @ madurai v had gr8 fun @ our gr8 friend senthil's marriage on 18.02.2008 Madurai is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the pre Christian era. The glory of Madurai returned in a diminished form in the earlier part of this millennium; it later on came under the rule of the Vijayanagar kingdom after its ransack by the ravaging armies of Delhi (Malik Kafur). During the 16th and 18th centuries, Madurai was ruled by the Nayak Emperors, the foremost of whom was Tirumalai Nayakar. The Sangam period poet Nakkeerar is associated with some of the Tiruvilayaadal episodes of Sundareswarar - that are enacted as a part of temple festival traditions even today. The Sangam age or the Golden age of Tamil literature produced masterpieces way back in the Pre christian era and in early 1st millennium . Madurai was the seat of the Tamil Sangam or Academy of learning. The entire city of Madurai, is built around the Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple the temple par excellence. Concentric rectangular streets surround the temple, symbolizing the structure of the cosmos. As early as the 3rd century BC, Megasthanes visited Madurai. Later many people from Rome and Greece visited Madurai and established trade with the Pandya kings. Madurai flourished till 10th century AD when it was captured by Cholas the arch rivals of the Pandyas. The Cholas ruled Madurai from 920 AD till the beginning of the 13th century. In 1223 AD Pandyas regained their kingdom ...
- LIFE HISTORY UVSWAMINATHA IYER LIFE HISTORY OF UVSWAMINATHA IYER FAMOUSLY CALLED TAMIL THAATHTHAA DIRECTED BY A WELL KNOWN DIRECTOR A.JAGANNATHAN, BA
- Crossing the Vaigai River (Silappadhikaram) A scene from the Silappadhikaram Dance drama of Yognat
- Silapathikaram - An Epic with Christian allegiance ? The primary aim of this multi-media presentation, is just to present a hypothesis - Silapathikaram An Epic with Christian allegiance - to those, who might be interested in similar research. I would appreciate, if you could post your comments after viewing. Thank you !!!
- Thirukkural - Van Sirappu -11 Thirukkural (Tamil: திருக்குறள் also known as the Kural) is a compilation of Kurals (1330 rhyming Tamil couplets) or aphorisms  celebrated by Tamils (Hindus, Jains, and others alike). It was authored by Thiruvalluvar and is considered to be the first work to focus on ethics, among the Buddhist - Jain literature of India  Thirukkural expounds various aspects of life and is one of the most important works in Tamil. This is reflected in some of the other names by which the text is known: tamilmarai (Tamil Veda); poyyamoli (speech that does not lie); and teyva nul (divine text).  It is dated anywhere from the second century BC to the eighth century AD.  The book is considered to be a posterior to Arthashastra by some historians and to precede Manimekalai and Silapathikaram since both the latter acknowledge the Kural text.  The popularity of the Thirukkural is limited to Tamil Nadu and parts of the subcontinent. The most likely reason for the limitation is that it was written in Tamil .
- Poombuhar - Best Scene in Tamil Cinema History... Poombuhaar Poombuhaar - Best Scene in Tamil Cinema History... Dialogs - Kalaignar M Karunanidhi, Actress - VijayaKumari.. Story Based on Famous Ancient Tamil Epic Chilappathigaaram. Kannagi bravely argues with King at his Palace to sought righteousness of her husband Kovalan's death who came for life in Madurai City with his wife's one of anklets. Kannagi's husband Kovalan is wrongly accused of stealing the Madurai queens one of anklets and ordered by the Madurai King to be executed without any probe, who he is very famous for his faultless justification on ruling but believed his aides assurance on this case. * Dialog writer Karunanidhi took the liberty of making slight modifications to the original epic. He made some deft changes so that the derogatory allusions to the goldsmith community were avoided. Also, Kannagi is said to have plucked out her left breast and set Madurai on fire. Being a rationalist, Karunanidhi made Vijayakumari go around doing the deed with a lighted torch. * This extracted video bit is only for study/entertain purpose in private group activity without any commercial intend nor challenging copy righter's rights. Please allow it for view .
- Hinduism - a heresy of Thomas Christianity !!! This mini-video is an attempt to drive home, how the heretical Christianity of St Thomas later defined by Adi Sankara as Hinduism. For those who have difficulty in accepting this truth, please remember that the worship of Jesus is surprisingly still embedded in the present day Hindu Temple worship, hidden in the namaavali indicating their original Christian root.
- Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal.mp4 This video features the inside view of Thirumalai Naicker Mahal (palace) in Madurai, Tamilnadu,India. Tirumalai Nayak palace is about 1 km away from the Meenakshi temple. Built in 1523 AD by the Nayak ruler Thirumalai Nayak, the palace is an excellent example of Indo-Sarcenic architecture. Once four times larger than what is left of it today, the palace is only left with the main entrance gate, the dancing hall and the main hall. You can enjoy the main attraction of the palace which is light and sound show based on the life of "Tirumalai Nayak" and "Silapathikaram". The Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal is one of the important tourist attractions; An architect from Rome built the Madurai palace for the king Thirumalai Nayak.
- MNU Jayaraj Nadar higher secondary school-Madurai http Madurai is one of the oldest cities of India, with a history dating all the way back to the Sangam period of the pre Christian era. The glory of Madurai returned in a diminished form in the earlier part of this millennium; it later on came under the rule of the Vijayanagar kingdom after its ransack by the ravaging armies of Delhi (Malik Kafur). During the 16th and 18th centuries, Madurai was ruled by the Nayak Emperors, the foremost of whom was Tirumalai Nayakar. The Sangam period poet Nakkeerar is associated with some of the Tiruvilayaadal episodes of Sundareswarar - that are enacted as a part of temple festival traditions even today. The Sangam age or the Golden age of Tamil literature -- produced masterpieces way back in the Pre christian era and in early 1st millennium . Madurai was the seat of the Tamil Sangam or Academy of learning. The entire city of Madurai, is built around the Meenakshi Sundareswarar Temple -- the temple par excellence. Concentric rectangular streets surround the temple, symbolizing the structure of the cosmos. As early as the 3rd century BC, Megasthanes visited Madurai. Later many people from Rome and Greece visited Madurai and established trade with the Pandya kings. Madurai flourished till 10th century AD when it was captured by Cholas the arch rivals of the Pandyas. The Cholas ruled Madurai from 920 AD till the beginning of the 13th century. In 1223 AD Pandyas regained their kingdom and once again become ...
- 3rd Stop - Palamuthirsolai Murugan - Madurai, India (palamuthirsolai temple) A TripAdvisor™ TripWow video of a travel blog to Palamuthircholai, India by TravelPod blogger Venoth. See this TripWow and more at 3rd Stop - Palamuthirsolai Murugan "Just another 5 minutes drive from Alagar Koil, is Palamuthirsolai Murugan Temple. Actually this temple is situated on the hill and Alagar Koil is at the base. The way up to this temple was very scenic. This was the least crowded among the Arupadai Veedu Murugan Temples. The special VIP entrance cost only Rs.5 . Due to its location on a hill, the temple enjoys a continues breeze coming from the fruit trees. After praying at this temple, we also went down and stopped and prayed at the holy tree where Lord Murugan played a trick on the Tamil Saint Poet Avvai. Below is a short brief of this temple: It is a small temple with Valli, Deivayanai, and Lord Muruga in a separate shrine. Lord Ganesha is also present in a separate shrine. There is a Temple Tower and monkeys play around the area. There is another small temple above Pazhamudhir Cholai. Local tribes lead their lives here. It is a fertile hill with many natural springs and herbs.Although there are hundreds of Temples in Tamilnadu for Lord Muruga, particularly six temples called "Arupadaiveedu" are very famous among them. Important events in Lord Muruga's history happened in these places. Among the Arupadaiveedu (Six Temples), Pazhamudircholai is the last Padaiveedu. This Pazhamudircholai Lord Murugan is praised in old Tamil literature ...
- grand anaicut [ dam] a big dam bulit in a running river 2000yrs ago , by a CHOLA KING. ON THE SANDY RIVER IT WAS BUILT WITH ROCKS
- Thondaradipodi Alwar Pasuram - Virutam (Thirukkural) & Pachai Mamalai Pol (Nalayira Divyaprabandham) SriDevadirajan Perumal (Vishnu) Alangaaram at ShanguChakra's Home during Aani Moolam Utsavam 2010. The accompanying Virutam & Pasuram (Hymn) are from Thiruvalluvar's Thirukkural & Thonadardipodi Alwar's Thirumaalai, Nalayira Divyaprabandham and rendered by Smt. Sankari Krishnan. Thondaradippodi Alvar was a Tamil Vaishnava Saint who is also named as "Vipra Narayanar" led his life in devotion to Lord Narayana and worked for the Perumal (Lord) by dedicating him with Garlands. He is one of the 12 Alvars. The Nalayira Divya Prabandham (Tamil: நாலாயிர திவ்ய பிரபந்தம்) is a collection of 4000 Tamil verses (Naalayira in Tamil means 'four thousand') composed before 8th century AD, by the 12 Alvars, and was compiled in its present form by Nathamuni during the 9th -- 10th centuries. The work is the beginning of the canonization of the 12 Vaishnava poet saints, and these hymns are still sung extensively even today. The works were lost before they were collected and organized in the form of an anthology by Nathamuni. The Prabandha sings the praise of Narayana (or Vishnu) and his many forms. The Alvars sung these songs at various sacred shrines. These shrines are known as the Divya Desams. The Iyengars (tamil Vaishnavites) are also known as Ubhaya Vedanti (those that follow both vedas). (In many temples, Srirangam, for example, the chanting of the Divya Prabhandham forms a major part of the daily service. Prominent among the 4000 verses are the 1100+ verses ...
twitter about silapathikaram
- Ammu_Alayil: Great performance by Dr.Methil Devika…. brilliantly portrayed the powerful woman Kannagi and Silapathikaram..! she... http://t.co/iEWaZMZF
- Manjunaath: @Sshankara A Tamil Classical called Silapathikaram has reference to Kumari Kandam. That classic is authentic Tamil work or art.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about silapathikaram
“Make Friends, Find Dates-have Fun. – Indian Dating, Friendship & Social Networking Site that is Clean & Works. Join Now For FREE! it is said in the silapathikaram (an ancient authoratative tamil text that predates 'sangam') that the hero praised her sweet voice which stood out”
— Forums - women look good with long hair or short hair:)),
“Northgate! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system Sound and light show on the life of the Tirumalai Nayak and the story of the Silapathikaram are conduced daily. Gandhi Museum”
— Blog, hotelnorthgate.co.in
“1 year of Karka Nirka Blog. Time is running really fast. It is a year today – 1st Nirka blog. As usual my thanks to members of Min Tamil forum, Ponnyin”
— 1 year of Karka Nirka Blog " கற்க... நிற்க,
“The epic silapathikaram and the literatures that talk about the Chola dynasty has this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. You cannot delete your posts in this”
— Karuthu: Sethu Samuthiram Project !!,
“Get the amazing news about pudukottai from our site . Our site provides the information about Pudukottai temples, Pudukottai hotels, Pudukottai Lodges, Pudukottai Tourism, Pudukottai Museum, Pudukottai Theatres,”
— Pudukottai, Pudukottai Temples, Pudukottai Art " 2006 " July,
“It is believed that Kannaki, the central character of Tamil epic Silapathikaram, came to Trivandrum on the way to Kodungallur. Blog Archive. 2010 (4) Apr 2010 (1) My photo published in Schmap”
— Ramki's Blog,
“We find references to these temples in many of the ancient tamil language literatures like Silapathikaram. URL for this entry is: http:///blog/cns!”
— Murugas abode - Windows Live,
“If the forum or blog is a respected one, a backlink is valuable. However, in some cases can edit your post, or even delete it if it does not fit into the forum or blog policy”
— The Tech Thing - Part 5, pluking.blog.co.in
“Tiruchengode is in the vicinity of Erode and Salem in Kongunaadu. This city has various other names like Nagasalam, Panimalai, Kodhai Malai, Aravakiri, Vayu Malai, Kongumalai, Nagagiri, Vandhimalai, Siddharmalai and still more and you can also”
— Tiruchengodu, Tiruchengodu Institutions, Tiruchengodu Temples,
“Dravida Peravai on global political issues and causes be a story similar to Tamil epic Silapathikaram existed in Gujarat or that portrait narrates Silapathikaram, so wantonly details were not written”
— Dravida Peravai,
related keywords for silapathikaram
similar for silapathikaram
- ilango adigal
- free encyclopedia
- epic poem
- chera king
- history of south india
- poet prince
- river vaigai
- south india
- ancient epic
- cultural heritage
- tamil language
- beautiful daughter
- good deeds
- the himalayas
- chola empire
- tamil country
- the legends
- king of ceylon
- graphic novel
- two years
- the times of india
- initial sketches
- tamil nadu
- m menon
- heritage sites
- bharatha natyam
- art form
- classical dance