- The slang in this collection is arranged in three ways. Select the arrangement that will help you most: a complete list of all slang currently in the collection. Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained. — “ESL Slang Page: Introduction”,
- Slang often suggests that the person utilizing the words or phrases is familiar with the hearer's group or subgroup--it can be considered a distinguishing factor of in-group identity. Microsoft Encarta states: "slang expressions often embody attitudes and values of group members. — “Slang”, uncp.edu
- Search online slang dictionaries for classic and modern expressions of jargon and jive. — “Slang Dictionaries in the Yahoo! Directory”,
- Find definitions for slang terms and submit words for others to see. Includes a slang term of the day, illustrating images, and sound files of how terms are pronounced. — “Urban Dictionary”,
- Presented here is a collection of pages with links to online slang dictionaries in languages from all over the world. — “Foreign Slang Dictionaries”,
- Slang definition, very informal usage in vocabulary and idiom that is characteristically more metaphorical, playful, elliptical, vivid, and ephemeral than ord See more. — “Slang | Define Slang at ”,
- slang n. A kind of language occurring chiefly in casual and playful speech, made up typically of short-lived coinages and figures of speech that are. — “slang: Definition from ”,
- Encyclopedia article about Slang. Information about Slang in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. british slang, hip hop slang, australian slang, slang terms, american slang, internet slang, baseball. — “Slang definition of Slang in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Slang is informal, often entertaining, language. — “Commonly-used American Slang - 280+ Expressions”,
- Dictionary of slang, webspeak, made-up words, and colloquialisms submitted by users. Browse slang by letter, or submit your own favorite phrases. — “”,
- Definition of slang in the Online Dictionary. Meaning of slang. Pronunciation of slang. Translations of slang. slang synonyms, slang antonyms. Information about slang in the free online English dictionary and encyclopedia. british slang, hip hop. — “slang - definition of slang by the Free Online Dictionary”,
- Jump to: General, Art, Business, Computing, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Religion, Science, Slang, Sports, Tech, Phrases. We found 42 dictionaries with English definitions that include the word slang: Click on the first link on a line below to go directly to a page where "slang" is defined. — “Definitions of slang - OneLook Dictionary Search”,
- slang (uncountable) Language outside of conventional usage. Language that is unique to a particular profession or subject; jargon. The specialized language of a social group, sometimes used to make what is said unintelligible to those not members of the group; cant. — “slang - Wiktionary”,
- Slang refers to a set of casual spoken words or phrases. Some people are offended by slang because. — “What is Slang?”,
- The Mexican Undersecretary of the Economy recognized Slang for being the first Mexican publisher of video México City-Slang, the creator of video game inspired by AAA, Lucha Libre AAA 2011: Heroes del Ring, received an award in the category of SME Innovation and. — “.:: Slang ::”, slang.vg
- On online slang dictionary with meanings of slang words and terms in English, plus sample sentences, quizzes and answers. Includes British slang, American slang and Australian slang. — “Slang”,
- Slang is often to be found in areas of the lexicon that refer to things considered taboo (see euphemism). It is often used to identify with one's peers and, although it may be common among young people, it is used by people of all ages and social groups. Contents. 1 Defining slang. — “Slang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
related videos for slang
- Word of the Lourd: Slang Segment: Word of the Lourd Title: Slang Segment Talent: Lourd De Veyra Topic: All about diction.
- Learning English-Lesson Twenty (More Slang) ( Now in High Quality ) In this lesson we look at more slang terms.
- "New Slang" - The Shins (Garden State) A few of my favorite pics from "Garden State" with Zach Braff and Natalie Portman- set to one of the Grammy award winning soundtrack songs, "New Slang" by The Shins.
- Brittani Slang Here's a little movie on slang, your gonna be like "DANG!", this video is super tight, hope I got my ghetto right!!♥--Hugz and Bling Bling--♥ Brittani aka Rhonda Anthony Tanner/RAT Coaching aka B-RAT :)
- Iron Horse, New Slang (The Shins Cover) Iron Horse doing New Slang by The Shins
- American Slang - Lesson 2 Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
- American Slang - Lesson 7b PART TWO. Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Lesson 7 places emphasis on listening skills. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
- Symphony In Slang WEBSITE: This is a Tex Avery cartoon from 1951 in which a man dies goes to heaven and proceeds to tell his life story to Saint Peter and Noah Webster in slang language. The cartoon illustrates idioms hyperboles and other figures of speech.
- Rafael Casal - Bay Area Slang Top 100 (The Grinch song) 100 Bay Area slang terms in under 3 minutes. off the new Release "THE MONSTER LP" from RAFAEL CASAL available at
- The Shins - New Slang (Garden State) I mixed some parts of the movie "Garden State" with the song "New Slang" by The Shins
- British v American Slang Email: mailowayno@ Twitter: (follow me!) Tumblr: I made this (what will hopefully be) two part video in order to outline the differences between British-english and American-english. Its all for fun!! Oh and correct me if I get any wrong or something
- mastermovies SLANG De slang massieve ringtone uit Baklap Tv songs: Baccara - yes sir i can boogie Van halen - I cant stop loving you ©Mastermovies
- American Slang - Lesson 6 Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
- New Slang The Shins New Slang
- British Slang I Explore British Slang! - Thanks To All My New Subscribers, Really Means Alot! The More The Merry'er! Feel Free To Subscribe! :) Thanks.
- Kardinal Offishall - BaKardi Slang Music video by Kardinal Offishall performing BaKardi Slang. (C) 2001 Geffen Records
- New Slang The Shins music video for New Slang
- American Slang - Lesson 5 Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
- Binary Star - Slang Blade Masters Of The Universe (Senim Silla Solo)
- GHETTO SLANG LESSON ! WANT TO UNDERSTAND BRITISH GHETTO SLANG?? Take the first masterclass with AGGO, who will take you through the three most important slang words in London. -Follow me on Twitter: -Facebook: -Malum On Smosh: Honors: #6 -Most Discussed (Today)) - Comedy - United Kingdom #49 - Most Viewed (Today)) - Comedy - United Kingdom #8 - Top Favorited (Today)) - Comedy - United Kingdom #94 - Top Rated (Today)) - United Kingdom #6 - Top Rated (Today)) - Comedy - United Kingdom #22 - Top Rated (This Week)) - Comedy - United Kingdom
- internet slang I say "slang" really weird.
- The Gaslight Anthem's "American Slang" Acoustic on SIRIUS XM Hear the Gaslight Anthem's Brian Fallon perform the band's "American Slang" acoustic on SIRIUS XM's Alt-Nation. For more information and a free trial, go to
- Def Leppard - Slang
- The Gaslight Anthem [American Slang] The first track from the new TGA album, American Slang! Lyrics: Look what you started I seem to be coming out of my skin Look what you've forgotten here The bandages just don't keep me in And when it was over, I woke up alone And when it was over, I woke up alone And they cut me to ribbons and told me to drive I got your name tattooed inside of my arm I called for my father, but my father had died While you told me fortunes in American Slang And look at the damage The fortunes came for the richer men While we were left with gallows Just waiting for us liars to come down and hang And when it was over, I woke up alone And when it was over, I woke up alone And they cut me to ribbons and told me to drive I got your name tattooed inside of my arm I called for my father, but my father had died While you told me fortunes in American Slang And here's where we died that time last year And where the angels and devils meet And you can dance with the queen if you need And she will always keep your cards close to her heart Oh so close to her heart, before they tear you apart And they cut me to ribbons and told me to drive I got your name tattooed inside of my arm I called for my father, but my father had died And we called for our fathers, but our fathers had died While you told us fortunes in American Slang Oh you told me fortunes in American Slang
- New Dance- D*CK SLANG? WTF! here's the original clip, lol follow me
- Slang Like This - True Tiger featuring P Money [SB.TV WORLD PREMIERE] True Tiger feat P Money 'Slang Like This'.. new single released 11th October 2010. Virgin Records newest signings, True Tiger, release their debut track for the label, 'Slang Like This' ft P Money on 11th October 2010 . True Tiger say "We're really excited to release 'Slang Like This', hopefully it will give people a taste of what's to come on the album!" True Tiger are a UK based production/DJ collective who have been producing and DJ'ing since 2004. They have their own record label, True Tiger Recordings, on which they have released over 20 singles. They recently produced 'Jungle'' one of the highlights from Professor Green's debut album As in demand producers they have also remixed a variety of artists from Taio Cruz, Tinchy Stryder and Kelly Rowland to Paloma Faith, Macy Gray and Enter Shikari. 'Slang Like This' is a hard hitting club anthem that has been tearing up club bass rigs & radio around Europe since the summer. The single features P Money, a 22-year-old MC from South East London. "The track brings society together in terms of using Slang. I go to a lot of different areas to perform and one thing all different ethnic cultures can relate to is my slang, and that's how the idea of the tune came about" says P Money. 'Slang Like This' has been championed by the likes of Zane Lowe, MistaJam, Nihal, Huw Stephens, Nick Grimshaw, Semtex, Tim Westwood, Swerve, Target, N Type, Plastician, Diplo, and Logan Sama. In addition, the track has also been playlisted on 1Xtra ...
- Discovery - Slang Tang Track #10 from LP (2009) by Discovery. Discovery is the side project of Rostam Batmanglij of Vampire Weekend and Wes Miles of Ra Ra Riot.
- New Slang Music Video My music video project from college using New Slang by the Shins and the films Napoleon Dynamite, The Last Kiss and Garden State
- American Slang - Lesson 7a PART ONE. Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Lesson 7 places emphasis on listening skills. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
- American Slang - Lesson 3 Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
- Hugh Laurie: the British accent vs the American The fantastically talented Hugh Laurie paid a house call to Ellen, and they played an exciting game of American slang versus English slang -- and the game was bloody brilliant!
- The Shins - New Slang (high quality + lyrics) follow me: /marcusjunus The Shins Oh, inverted World New Slang ------ Lyrics: Gold teeth and a curse for this town were all in my mouth. Only, i don't know how they got out, dear. Turn me back into the pet that i was when we met. I was happier then with no mind-set. And if you'd 'a took to me like A gull takes to the wind. Well, i'd 'a jumped from my tree And i'd a danced like the king of the eyesores And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well. New slang when you notice the stripes, the dirt in your fries. Hope it's right when you die, old and bony. Dawn breaks like a bull through the hall, Never should have called But my head's to the wall and i'm lonely. And if you'd 'a took to me like A gull takes to the wind. Well, i'd 'a jumped from my tree And i'd a danced like the kind of the eyesores And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well. God speed all the bakers at dawn may they all cut their thumbs, And bleed into their buns 'till they melt away. I'm looking in on the good life i might be doomed never to find. Without a trust or flaming fields am i too dumb to refine? And if you'd 'a took to me like Well i'd a danced like the queen of the eyesores And the rest of our lives would 'a fared well.
- The Gaslight Anthem - 'American Slang', in-studio The Gaslight Anthem's Brian Fallon talks about the making of the new album 'American Slang', due for release June 14th. . Follow us on twitter at .
- American Slang - Lesson 1 In this video I explain my view on teaching slang and share the first of several mini lessons. Dialogues in this series of lessons are broken down to show the expressions, changes in pronunciation, and changes in grammar that are common in informal English. Levels: high intermediate to advanced.
twitter about slang
- Rambe3zyTellEm: Forgive if I'm slow with yall yung ppl slang
- kyle_arunn: Teaching my spanish teacher slang for the entire period.
- jtangonan58: @hayesfox5 @hallfox5 "Pround" is that BYU slang?
- Dat_TrpleD_Gud: .@aytaeBAF o ok .... your slang is crazyy FYI
- fay_ion: Hi @Megashuffle... Would you please play some back to back Gaslight Anthem? Maybe Great Expectations and American Slang?
- WakaFrolicFlame: I think I'll use all 90's slang terms today. With that said, Israel Houghton's "Others" is the bomb diggity. Kbye.
- HiMyNameIsLawl: RT @legendsleague: The opposite of hard = easy. The opposite of hard also = soft. Therefore easy = soft. I just had a slang explanation revelation. Soft tings.
- chatterSource: RT @AVClubPhilly: Linguist and NYT columnist @bgzimmer on the etymologies of jawn, hoagie, chumpy, and more Philly-area slang http://avc.lu/jJ2AEb
- Zombiekraist: #NowPlaying The Shins - New Slang
- deejay_flava: RT @msKhaleesha: @devinnycode Love is A beautiful? na GBAGAUN b dis aby new slang in town?
- Gilly4u: These hoes don't even know how to properly write a essay! How u gone write a essay wit hella slang in it?!! Lol
- teaguejd: @AndrewMBogut how often do you run into slang or language barriers in the US?
- Patriqengert: you told me fortunes in american slang
- teaguejd: @AndrewMBogut and have you adopted much US slang?
- Fat_Rell: It's a noun...person place or thing o.O lol Philly slang RT @NYbaddestchik: What's a jawn!!????? 0_o
- kudoboi: @Melissazxz i cant even understand ur english slang lyk 97% of the time :/
- Itsmikemorris: That retweet was to demonstrate the full meaning of the slang term #beauties
- colinsteele1991: @beccavaf I think it's slang for "I'm a knob"
- J_Tundanuch: I took over the Guru title for Slang from @ginnehs on @GetGlue! http://bit.ly/jKmFdq
- heyyouoi: @MelWinchesterr tis all good* HAHAHAH i'm slurring my slang, i feel drunk lmfao, and with tht ima head to bed, peace out homie :D
- JMA_iHoop: @candicet92 Don't slang that word on my timeline you Barbie!
- Bensue: @laurenobern lol i wonder if @iamwill understands slang
- bartoven: Lol @AaronHansonLDN some1 please explain to Aaron that bredrin is just slang for the word brethren inda ENGLISH dictionary not the jamaican
- Nellieypn: War Slang: American Fighting Words and Phrases: http://amzn.to/iSUbBq
- shujenphoto: @MsBrennaB you are entirely on point with your slang usage. No need for clarifications.
- youthfm_aktiv: Aktueller Song: The Gaslight Anthem - American Slang - http://www.youth-/songhistorie.htm #radio #musik
- DeySay_LayLay: None of them speak proper English...its all ebonics and slang... I refuse to tlk to u if u can't tlk correct at any moment
- OnlineSlang: @KellyDHouse There's a slang thesaurus here: http:///thesaurus/
- OnlineSlang: RT @JoeyAlista: I'm loving this online slang dictionary, http://bit.ly/lBaExD
- AKSandhuX: RT @illaydillay: Kids that only speak I slang annoy me. You sound stupid "brah" -_-
- SoLeReaLTM: Since when is GP slang for general purpose..? Did I miss something here ..?
- illaydillay: Kids that only speak I slang annoy me. You sound stupid "brah" -_-
- Niasha_theBest: .. one who always be talkin that country slang, keep that beat that be n the beatin.. eyes so low from the chiefing..
- iIdiomatic: General English lessons podcasts: Source: http://www.english-/eng/ http://goo.gl/fb/an5Uh
- iIdiomatic: Slang, idioms related podcasts: English- Promo book: A Dictionary of American… http://goo.gl/fb/5HfkB
- louied3rd: Rt"@slangandomighty: #NP Immackulate Slang & Bruce O'mighty - Piff And Hennessy - http:///s/6c0oxd #twitraxtuesday"
- 41madd: A HOE YOU KNOW I GOT A-1 YAYO YOU KNOW IM QUICK TO SLANG ONE!!!!!!!!
- Melissazxz: @kudoboil malaysian have their own culture marh. sure got our slang la lol :p
- Mathattack: RT @ChasingCasey: So I'm no good at using gangsta slang and @mathattack knows.
- Re_Percussions: RT @IamSirtain: I spit that Poetic Slang
- lindsayrenwick: Gentlemen (and nerds), start your engines. Happy L.A. Noire release day, everyone! We'll talk again in 6 weeks. I'll be using WWII slang.
- metal_crue: @FreyFreyMC You not thinking of rooting? As in aussie slang for a boff? lol
- Vick_it_is423: @CSI_GotGame how u gon blame it on me tho? I never said anything inappropriate or even used #slang
- SHAE_DNTGIVAFUC: @DoinMe4MeNIKA yea I seen it lol I like her but she too old for all that slang smt
- Rob_Jizzle: RT @ismokedankkk: jets, taylor gang. you know the slang
- TalismanCD3Perf: @summerraine @OkayPlayerChic @YaBoyDen Really?I can't keep up with all this slang.He coulda been talkin bout racks of ribs 4 all I knew
- NibleyFestival: @eveslegwear oh yes all the rage in the day, though odd cap-sleeve T-shirt and tight denim were also de rigeur (de rigeur is Carlisle slang)
- dimplefaceee: and wassup wid this new slang?
- Dr_Robuttnik: @azalben Thunderdome the best of the bunch?! I spent 10 minutes trying to word my dissent in the slang of the kids. No 'member, Bidey-bye!
- johnvjs: RT @Daffynitions: Meinstein: slang for ‘my child, the genius’.
- paigen: Slang terms 4 penis & vagina continue to stream in.None quite the literary masterpieces i had in mind, but still funny http://bit.ly/jNWa8R
- ChasingCasey: So I'm no good at using gangsta slang and @mathattack knows.
- BRealTheory: @gel26 yuuup ! I don't know how to slang tho.. Lol
- erikras: @VoicesEnEspanol My new favorite Spanglish internet slang: LOLAZO. Runner-up: TUITEAR.
- erikras: My new favorite Spanglish internet slang: LOLAZO. Runner-up: TUITEAR.
- makemoves931: ...tat me up tat me up yeaaaa go'n slang that ink!!!
- luv_my_flaws: Wish I had a boomerang so I can stick a tic tac on it and slang that bit** in his mouth! You too old for this sir!
- Becca_KatyCat: @Kittypurrry2 its not how we spell it just how we say it, in my village we just have loads of slang haha x
- JiggaMangJake33: Just remembered last night I was awoken by jamacan slang and john candy's voice ... yes, #coolrunnings was on
- Chulz: @LChloe YESSS - crazy ending - But it be like that sometimes (hood slang) LOL How are you baby girl :o)
- HarishDanial: @Ernietwoseven Still slang ^^. Prepare for tmr ? :3
- daizzyboo: 'New Slang' - on repeat - #TheShins
- alymoody: Woke up an hour early. I feel good. Now playing: New Slang- The Shins. #goodmorning.
- pao_ganda: @vinceandr3w hilliw :)) (slang na hello :)
- Linaa2X: @LMacey2 lmao yall slang is so funny but who are you talking bout
- hazzelnut: @_Dani_elle Haha, means wise up. Belfast slang really is like a little language!
- goodsophism: I really hope I get my Royal Society placement in Westminster. That would be dope, wack and other such 80s slang.
- hottest_hiphop: E-40 – “That Candy Paint” (feat. Bun B & Slim Thug) (Video). Read it now at http://bit.ly/iyYndA
- streetstarnorbe: @LuneeB I love when yah st louis people use ny slang like pause lmao
- FaizChingu: @fadillamerrick AHHAHAHAHA OK. so it's from msia or sg. but it sounds like sg malay slang to me so i think its sg hahah
- landzup: #SMX #2b2 TLD to localize from the beginning. Avoid slang/jargon Don’t localize the same content twice.
- GottaloveSelG: RT @BestBieberFact: #BieberFact: Justin's favorite slang word is “shawty”.
- jessica_mwass: I hate when people us slang words ! Ewwwwwwww learn Englishhh !
- ruthlesshans: Twi5 RT @iphs: Tnk yu oh, pls help me tell d olodos dt itz a slang 4 I just made my hair @ruthlesshans @gboyeezy @Bossmajor01
- FlossyAlli: @ThePaulyD you tell 'em, #BOSS! PS I don't know how to congratulate you in bowling slang on your avg, but take it as read. that's awesome!
- coderose: I like to watch films with English subtitles, Then hear my brother reading it aloud in Australian slang. #thelittlethings
- iFuggedASoldier: RT @DaSia_VoO: PPL who use the slang term "Slick" Tooo much in the wroooong ways <
- iphs: Niyi n his uncivilised clan must show dmselves, just got my hair did is a slang, go ask ur girlfriends, oops I 4got, d r as backward as u r!
- DayahISK: That papan, so bising. Step slang.
- georgiahanley: @cbmh Is it true that the German slang for mobile phone ist Handy?! Or is Stephen Fry lying?
- normstrick: The word for crack n cocaine in British slang hahahaha http:///s/102409410
- Ashperrr: RT @legendsleague: The opposite of hard = easy. The opposite of hard also = soft. Therefore easy = soft. I just had a slang explanation revelation. Soft tings.
- SlimApe06: In the racks on racks on racks song I thought "racks" meant clothes, like clothes rack. #Slang is getting out of control man
- RealGsInChuckTs: He said "what's that an ipod? Wanna slang it?"
- DomStoleMyOREOZ: @itsLaydyBbro lmaoo yuppz. PLUS he the only one that typez in slang....Dom doesnt && Mark doesnt eithr.....
- scramblebot: #DeScramble nsagl Boo! 15 minutes and still no correct answer. The answer: slang, meaning: http://goo.gl/penMj
- GCFresco: idc who you are, all black ppl say "Finna". Its like a universal slang word, lol.
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about slang
“Internet Slang. A list of common slang words, acronyms and abbreviations as used in websites, ICQ chat rooms, blogs, SMS, and internet forums”
— What does BLOG mean? - BLOG Definition - Meaning of BLOG,
“Trance slang Atfirst I gotta say that this is going to be pretty pointless thread, but really interesting in a sense”
— Trance slang,
“Click here to visit The Online Slang Dictionary. Subscribe to the Word of the day: dollars to donuts. Slang word of the day: clutch. Slang word of the day: oscar”
— The Online Slang Dictionary Blog,
“Blog. About. November 24th, 2010. Beitrag über City Slang's Jubiläum auf Friday's 20 years of City Slang show, following a serious knee injury”
— City Slang,
“Discussing "Slang" on LB FORUM, the official community forum of LOOKBOOK.nu”
— Slang // LB FORUM, forum.lookbook.nu
“What's the meaning of blog? Find the definition of the slang word here”
— Definition of blog | The Online Slang Dictionary,
related keywords for slang
- slang dictionary
- slang words
- slang for money
- slang thesaurus
- slang phrases
- slang translator
- slang urban dictionary
- slang for weed
- slang for drunk
- slang words for weed
- slang dictionary urban
- slang dictionary tool
- slang dictionary spanish
- slang dictionary meaning
- slang dictionary swag
- slang dictionary online
- slang dictionary for drugs
- slang dictionary words
- slang dictionary boo
- slang dictionary book