- The best Flickr photos and Youtube videos from the Sonagachi on Google Maps. The easiest way to travel before booking your flight or hotel. The WorldFlicks community selects the best Flickr photos and Youtube videos of Sonagachi and puts them on. — “Discover the Sonagachi: Photos and Info on Google Maps, never”,
- Explore Profile of Sonagachi at , see Sonagachi web of connections, news, videos, photos and post your opinions. — “Sonagachi: Latest News, Photos and Videos”,
- Nor am I arguing that Briski should not have made a film about the children of Sonagachi because she is a white woman. to move the entire family out of Sonagachi into another area in Calcutta where the. — “Jyotsna Kapur, "Empire's Gift on Mother's Day, 2005: A Review”,
- My first time seeing the red light area in Calcutta. Freeset are doing some great work in Sonagachi giving hope to women that want to get out of prostitution. — “YouTube - Sonagachi Calcutta”,
- Sonagachi - Get Sonagachi movie, Sonagachi review, Sonagachi story, Sonagachi hindi movie, Sonagachi cast & crew details, release date, songs, Wallpapers, pictures, showtimes and Shooting Locations details. — “Sonagachi - Movie Reviews, Story, Trailers, Wallpapers, Hindi”,
- Born Into Brothels (Calcutta's Red Light Kids) is a 2004 American documentary film about the children of prostitutes in Sonagachi, Calcutta's red light district. documentary film about the children of prostitutes in Sonagachi, Calcutta' all " Born. — “Born Into Brothels-Calcuttas Red Light Kids”,
- Born into Brothels: Calcutta's Red Light Kids is a 2004 American documentary film about the children of prostitutes in Sonagachi, Calcutta's red light. — “Born into Brothel - Documentary - AOL Video”,
- Lessons Learned From The Sonagachi Project In Kolkata, India " The following strategies implemented by the Sonagachi Project emerged as key to increasing the collective ability of. — “Operationalizing An Effective Community Development”, who.int
- Facts and figures about Sonagachi, taken from Freebase, the world's database. — “Sonagachi facts - Freebase”,
- Seven-year-old Pinky's sordid life echoes the existence ofthousands of children in Sonagachi, one of India's biggest redlight centers where childhood is about battling life's murkyside and often losing it. siblings in the narrow lanes of Sonagachi --exposed to drunken men, street brawls and. — “Childhood lost in India's red light district - Health News”,
- Sonagachi, though, is not Briski's cause - and that is just the beginning of the problems posed by Born Into Brothels. Kauffman put it, is that as long as the children remain in Sonagachi, "these kids have little possibility of escaping their mother's fate or for. — “A missionary enterprise”,
related videos for sonagachi
- KOLKATA'S RED LIGHT WORLD3.avi KOLKATA'S RED LIGHT AREA STORY
- KOLKATA'S RED LIGHT WORLD5.avi KOLKATA'S RED LIGHT AREA STORY
- Shankar Sarkar Photography - Sonagachi driksankar@
- NewsX Video: Delhi's shame Five years ago Delhi chief minister Sheila Dixit launched a scheme for the differently able - an effort to make them self-reliant. But some of the supposed beneficiaries have said that the scheme has been hijacked by the mafia. This prompted us to launch a News X Investigation. And what we have found can well be called 'Delhi's shame'.
- Sonargachi _ Red Light District.mov
- Child Prostitution in Kolkata Objective Countless child street-vendors in Kolkata are lured into child prostitution every day, but the citizens are completely unaware of the peril. The prevailing mindset: It does not happen in my neighbourhood. Krishnayam, an NGO wanted to change this and generate awareness. Activation To break this mindset, the problem was demonstrated right in front of the citizens. An illicit interaction between a middle aged man and a child street-vendor was staged by professional actors in several busy streets of the city. As the stunned bystanders reacted and a fracas broke out, the message Stop child prostitution Call 1098 was revealed by the actors. A 360 degree communication supporting the activation soon followed. Result The activity received spontaneous reactions and widespread public response. The debate went online through communities in Orkut. Following an extensive media coverage, concerned citizens wrote in to newspapers. The message was successfully communicated and the invasiveness of the problem was clearly displayed. In the following months, calls to the helpline increased by 47%.
- Born into brothels (inicio) Born into Brothels, by Ross Kauffman and Zana Briski, is the winner of the 77th annual Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. A tribute to the resiliency of childhood and the restorative power of art, Born into Brothels is a portrait of several unforgettable children who live in the red light district of Calcutta, where their mothers work as prostitutes. Zana Briski, a New York-based photographer, gives each of the children a camera and teaches them to look at the world with new eyes. The film, released by THINKFilm, premiered theatrically at the Film Forum in New York City in December 2004. It has since opened in over one hundred theatres nationwide. It premiered on HBO/Cinemax on Tuesday, August 16th, 2005. The film is now available on DVD. The photographs taken by the children in Born into Brothels are available for purchase in the Kids' Gallery, and as a signed limited-edition portfolio, or as a compilation in our companion book. 100% of proceeds from sales of the children's prints go directly to support their education and well-being.
- Sonagachi Calcutta My first time seeing the red light area in Calcutta.
- Tv9 - Journalist Diary - Is it legal or illegal! Prostitution done by woman only to fill their stomachs, Govt action on trafficking
- Velapanti...! ...not so serious dancin...!!
- Kolkata Night Life Parties Leaked footage of youngsters enjoying, in one of the Kolkata's club.
- "Million To One" - India: Red Light District Here is a segment from our 2010 India Documentary "Million to One" . If you would like to know more about what we are doing in India visit us online @ /joni Or Friend Joni @
- KOLKATA'S RED LIGHT WORLD8.avi KOLKATA'S RED LIGHT AREA STORY
- Daughters of Darkness - Short Version A film about child prostitution in India. Shot in various parts of the country, this short film brings out the actual state of affairs when it comes to handling child prostitution. Shot on various formats including Hi-Band/Beta/DV also hidden camera used at places so the video may be shaky or may be jerky at places. THIS FILM HAS NOT BEEN DONE FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSE.
- 31st party at Tantra. kol
- The Hope is in You Partner with us to bring hope to the women and children in Calcutta's red light district. Special Thank you to Jer|Films:
- serampore college -sat experience in sonagachi 2010 largest red-light area
- Born Into Brothels opening song This video is the opening song from the documentary movie "Born in Brothels ". The movie is few children who were brought up in india's largets red light area sonagachhi , near kolkata .A foreign photographer ,zana got actively involved tried for their betterment is very well depicted . This movie makes you realise how lucky you are .
- Park Street during night This is a video taken on the night of 25th Dec.on the Park street of Kolkata(India)
- The birth of a union The Unstoppable Indians: Sonagachi, in north Kolkata, is probably South Asia's largest red light district. But beyond this fact, it is amazing to see what the women there have achieved by organising themselves into a union that fights for civil rights and a secure future.
- Avi's Bricks and Light A photo documentary
- Hey Chaand..Moon ! A moment of pure beauty from the Academy award (2005) winning documentary film "Born Into Brothels: Calcutta's Red Light Kids"
- Love This is a video I made about what love looks like all over the world. I wanted to capture as many aspects of love that I could and help people recognize how present God is in every moment of their lives. He loves us so much, and we forget how good He really is. Even in the worst moments of our lives He is with us.
- kamthipuracah maharaja08 making ready ( nagpada)
- say no to bholi say no to Bai Jee whether you are near Chatarbhuj Sthan of Muzaffarpur or Sonagachhi of Kolkata or Swami Shradhanand Marg (Gastian Bastian Road) of Dilli........!
- Prostitution behind the curtain of Globalization.wmv 'Prostitution behind the curtain of Globalization' is an documentary film by some students of Mass Communication from Bhavan's Asutosh College of Communication Management, Kolkata. Through this documentary we try to high light ecomomic, educational & social situation of asia's one of the largest red light area Sonagachi. Also try to resolve the problem of prostitution which increase rapidly through out the world. This film was shooted by an ordinary handycam & we edit it with just simple editing software but there is something in this film is, high effort by us. So, hope our effort will work & we'll succed to spread the social awareness to some people about child prostitution, human traffiking, human diplacement, migration & many more. If you like it then we request you that please like & share it with your friends to spread this social awareness to all the people about human traffiking, child prostitution etc. Thanks.
twitter about sonagachi
- qunalpandit: [email protected] On a serious note,Delhi needs a sonagachi or a walking street,feel free to disagree,like I care...”
- andyact: On a serious note,Delhi needs a sonagachi or a walking street,feel free to disagree,like I care...
- rickyjana: One potential solution is legalise prostitution.our govt and police dont say no to g.b road or sonagachi.legalise it.rapes will be less
- crazyrohila: It would be great if roll name is "sonagachi". bhai 2 sonagachi pack kar diyo :P #funny
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about sonagachi
“The most stigmatized people in Sonagachi, Calcutta's red light district, are not the prostitutes but their children. In the face of abject povert”
— Born Into Brothels - Amir Khan Boxing,
“This blog has now moved to http:/// Friday, March 20, 2009. Sonagachi prostitute and the yellow turbaned NGO set up by a group of prostitutes from Sonagachi in Kolkatta is the only organisation providing support to”
— Arre Kya Baat Hai! (old): Sonagachi prostitute and the yellow, kalpana.it
“Calcutta chromosome,( photo blog) - The other day I watched the 2004 Oscar winning documentary film Born into Brothels". In the film the New York based photographer zana Briski gives to each kid of the prostitutes a camera”
— Calcutta chromosome,( photo blog) : mabaker blogs on sulekha,
“American photographer Zana Briski traveled with Ross Kaufmann to the red light district The documentary was filmed in the Sonagachi district, one of the most dirty and squalid”
— Andrew Hsu's Blog " Born Into Brothels,