- Encyclopedia article about Yaqona. Information about Yaqona in the Columbia Encyclopedia, Computer Desktop Encyclopedia, computing dictionary. — “Yaqona definition of Yaqona in the Free Online Encyclopedia”, encyclopedia2
- Yaqona, which is also known as Kava, comes from the dried root of the pepper plant and is a tranquilizing, nonalcoholic drink. Left - Tanoa - ceremonial yaqona mixing bowl: right: Bilo ni yaqona - coconut shell yaqona drinking cup;. — “Customs”,
- Retrieved from "http:///wiki/yaqona" Categories: English nouns | Fiji | English words containing Q not followed This page was last modified on 27 September 2010, at 12:32. Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License; additional terms may apply. See. — “yaqona - Wiktionary”,
- Kava (Oceanian mythology) Literally, bitter'. An intoxicating drink brewed from the root or leaves of a plant of the pepper family In Fiji, for example, a formal yaqona (kava) ceremony will often accompany important social, political, religious, etc. functions, usually involving a ritual. — “kava: Definition from ”,
- Fiji's traditional and social drink. Also known as Kava. — “Yaqona (Kava) Root, Fiji - Home”,
- yaqona definition from the mondofacto online medical dictionary. — “yaqona - Definition”,
- Kava is a non-alcoholic drink, made from the root and stems of the "Yaqona" plant, a species of pepper plant [piper methysticum], that can grow up to 3 metres in height. Yaqona takes about 5-7 years before it is fully matured, (the longer. — “Fijian Culture Information- Taveuni Adventures- Fijian”, .au
- Tuesday's lead story in The Fiji Times, together with an article that aired on Fiji One news, which discussed the over-consumption of yaqona by rural Fijian teachers and the effect this was having on academic under-achievement, has produced a large amount of debate and criticism. — “Academic points a finger at yaqona drinkers - Fiji Times Online”,
- Awa - Kava - Yaqona - Sakau. Kava relaxes the body and mind. For many centuries, the pacific islanders have regarded kava with much respect for its spiritual and medicinal effects. Drinking kava promotes a mellow euphoric experience while mind stays clear and content. — “Enjoy Kava!”,
- We have slept through the night and day now dawns The sun is high in the heavens Go uproot the yaqona and bring it Prepare the root and proclaim it! The accla. — “Kava - Fiji Guide”,
- Yaqona information including symptoms, causes, diseases, symptoms, treatments, and other medical and health issues. — “Yaqona - ”,
- You are here: Home " About Fiji " Traditions & Culture " Kava / Yaqona / Grog The consumption of yaqona has diversified from traditional ceremonial manners to less formal and. — “Kava / Yaqona / Grog : ”,
- Interactive Fiji Islands map showing all the rarotonga accommodation locations and pictures of beaches and scenery to help you plan your travel. Yaqona drinking has become a part of the tourist culture - guests at most resorts are encouraged to join in a session around the bowl with their. — “Fiji Yaqona and Kava Drinking Guide”, fiji-
- View Lata Yaqona's (Fiji) professional profile on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is the world's largest business network, helping professionals like Lata Yaqona discover inside connections to recommended job candidates, industry experts, and business. — “Lata Yaqona - Fiji | LinkedIn”,
- Fiji Islands,Fiji Culture: Kava Ceremony,Matangi Island Resort Figi Village Visits, Figi resorts, Taveuni Island Fiji The drinking of kava, or Yaqona, is quite common on social occasions. — “Fiji Islands Culture, Kava Ceremony, Tapa Cloth, Figi, Fijian”, matangi-island-fiji-
- What is a yaqona, definition of yaqona, meaning of yaqona, yaqona anagrams, yaqona synonyms. — “Word yaqona meaning. Word yaqona definition. Free crossword”,
- Jeff drank a full bilo of yaqona (Fijian for kava drink) five times while I drank five that were roughly half full. The effect of yaqona pervades the whole social, religious and political decision-making. — “Yaqona”, .nz
- Definition of Yaqona in the Medical Dictionary. Yaqona explanation. Information about Yaqona in Free online English dictionary. What is Yaqona? Meaning of Yaqona medical term. What does Yaqona mean?. — “Yaqona - definition of Yaqona in the Medical dictionary - by”, medical-
- In Fiji, for example, a formal yaqona (kava) ceremony will often accompany important A traditional Fijian yaqona bundle of roots. Correspondingly, the paraphernalia surrounding the traditional. — “Kava - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia”,
- Shop yaqona t-shirts. Choose from hundreds of unique yaqona tees. Large selection of shirt styles. Satisfaction guarantee. — “Yaqona T-Shirts | Buy Yaqona T Shirts & Clothing Online”, t-
- The Ministry of Health survey shows an increase in the number of people drinking yaqona now. The reports said yaqona had become a social drink instead of its cultural role during traditional functions only. — “Yaqona abuse rises: Report - Fiji Times Online”, .fj
- 24 hour shipping on most orders. Customizable yaqona coffee mugs, Steins, Travel Mugs and more from - Choose your favorite yaqona mug from thousands of available designs. — “Yaqona Coffee Mugs, Steins Yaqona Mugs”,
- Shop our large selection of yaqona gifts, t-shirts, posters and stickers starting at $5 . Unique yaqona designs. Fast shipping. — “Yaqona Gifts, T-shirts, Stickers and more - CafePress”,
related videos for yaqona
- Sigidrigi remix Sava mada na yaqona. Sa rauta mada M.Raikoso
- Delai Sea-Yalataka Meu Marau Kava Music
- Yaqona and Darts Playing Darts with a baby mix
- Vale Ni Yaqona Remix of Vale ni yaqona by Laisa Vulakoro i believe.correct me if im wrong.
- Madventurer Fiji - Nakavika Village, Moji takes us on a guide to Yaqona Farming (grog/kava).. Yaqona, Kava, Grog, Waka, call it what you will, but the farming of Yaqona is vital to the rural villages of Fiji as an important means of income, allowing food to be put on the table and kids school fees and books to be purchased, and any medical needs can be covered with no worry - and its no different here in MAD Fiji's rural base - Nakavika Village. Join Village Guide Moji, MAD Project Manager Kimbo and venturers Lorna and Andrew as they discover the inner details of farming Yaqona in the Namosi Highlands, Viti Levu. A long hike to the Yaqona plantation (& Banana, Pawpaw, Dalo, Tavioka & Maize!!), a quick snack of fresh Pawpaw, and Moji starts to explain (almost everything) about the Kava plant. ..then its on to the harvest, and re-planting.... Hear the importance of good yaqona farming as Moji explains why its so important to Nakavika Village. To get involved for future projects and for Madventurer Urban Sports & Teaching Projects in Lautoka, and still visit this amazing village for your week long homestay, check out Madventurer offer a unique combination of award winning volunteer projects and exhilarating adventures in some of the most fascinating destinations in the world. Madventurer assist local communities in developing countries though volunteer projects, whilst enabling travellers to gain life-changing experiences through cultural integration, challenge and adventure For more info T +44 (0) 845 121 1996 E elainel@
- KATI Meeting in Waimalika Veitalanoa kei itau......yaqona!! Vinaka!!
- TAKI MADA!! CHINESE CLUB YARRRRRRRR........! Veitalanoa kei itau......yaqona!! Vinaka!!
- Grog drinking - the only way he..he... chalao badka...
- Tamani Lane - Raiwaqa Grog Session with the Kacaus
- Drinking Fiji's Traditional Drink - Kava Root Drink,yaqona Fiji Independence Day Celebration in APIIT/UCTI Fijian student mixing the kava root with water and I drank it,you have to clap and say "bula" before drinking. I don't know what does it mean in Fijian but in Malay "mula"(which sounds close) means start, I'm not sure its the same or not. And to answer the question of whether we can get Kava Root in Malaysia,the answer is no.
- drua spoil lako tu ga na sere in na i bore toso sara tiko.. rau na drua, talented fijian singers..
- CS Bilo Kavoro sigi drigi session at Kanavi by the Dixon's Vatuwaqa Serenaders. This was a sigidrigi/soli nite for Club Spacifik.
- Sigidrigi at Sammy's Sigidrigi at Sammy G's house. U know what they about!!!! THAT GROG all day baybay!
- Jone making Kava in Bolen Mah bruddah from Tavua hooking up da yaqona!
- Navi drinking yaqona Navi making jokes @ my birthday grog session
- Grog Session Having a yaqona mix to discuss family matters...pass time after a hard working day
- Drinking Kava with family Drinking Kava and hanging out with the family.
- Kava song Waak Waak Jungi: Kava song
- Yaqona Drinking - Sonasali After the firewalking comes the yaqona aka kava time...
- Kava ceremony in fiji In Fiji, the drink yaqona (kava) played an important part in public business and social life. The kava was mixed in large wooden bowls which were used for no other purpose and gained a bluish-grey glaze from contact with the kava. The drinking cups were made from coconut shells with the chiefs having their own cups which were tabu to anyone but themselves while the lesser men drank from a common cup.
- Tevita and Yaqona Te giving one of his beautifully eloquent speeches upon accepting or presenting yaqona, on this occasion, 15 April 2008, to distinguished guests on Vorovoro.
- Grog and Darts Drinking Yaqona
- Yaqona Kneegona Pacifik feat Prit Singh, produced by Tiger
- Maikeli7 - A response to Billmaa's challenge Wearing a traditional Fijian pocket sulu and drinking the traditional Fijian beverage known as Yaqona (yahn-go-nah), I explain how I got the Youtube username: Maikeli7. Lots of randomness here, folks!!
- Sir Edmund Hillary 1984 Fiji Trip - Vatukarasa village Sir Edmund Hillary visiting Vatukarasa village, Tailevu in 1984
- Grog and Darts Grog Session
- Matasere Vou, New Fijian Folk Band This Fijian Folk Band is going to make waves in the music Industry. Watch this space for some of their latest hits...and live concerts. Na matasere qo sa dau vakaloloma taka na yaqona.
- Monday Morning Beginning... This is the beginning to a new song commin up on Yaqona's first CD...
- Another Grog Session Grog session with talatala
- Grog Session Gunu Yaqona Mai Kinoya
- Grog and Darts drinking grog
- 2009-2010 New Years Street Party Suva Fiji The crowd dancing to Vale ni Yaqona by Georgina Ledua.
- KELE MAI LEVUKA.AVI dua ga mata gunu yaqona ni oti mai na qaravi tavi.
- Norman Drinking Yaqona Our grog sesh at the back of some store in Nadi. This guy claims to be my uncle..lol
- Kava Ceremony Yaqona is Fiji's national drink made from the powdered root of the pepper tree. It is prepared and offered in a social ritual known as the kava ceremony. Commonly served to visitors to welcome then as honored guests at local villages as well as resorts, it is also used to seal treaties, close business deals and christen babies. To try this very popular hand-mixed beverage, request a "low tide" or small serving. If you are feeling enthusiastic, asking for a "high tide" will get you a full cup - to be downed in one go. And you will certainly be invited to stay for more rounds of drinks until the tanoa bowl is empty. Although, kava is non-alcoholic with a mild flavor, it does leave a slight tingling on the tongue. Over the years, I have participated in this ceremony many times in many locations throughout Fiji. Personally, I think it is an acquired taste. Video is from the Royal Davui Resort off Fiji's Coral Coast. For more information, go to
- Madventurer Sevusevu - Welcome to Madventurer Fiji Vueki & Kimbo receive the yaqona sevusevu on behalf of Mere, Madventurer, the venturers present (and future). In tradition with Fijian Custom Madventurer present there Sevusevu on Day 1 of the 2009 Project to be welcomed to Fiji, the project and the house.
- Madventurer Fiji - Nakavika boys talk about Grog farming A member of the Nakavika Youth Group tells the story of grog..from planting to harvest to selling....or more likely to drink in the village! [Madventurer Community Building Project July 2009] In the background is recently harvested Yaqona Root (kava/grog) being cut up in to different 'types' (root, and root head in this clip) ready to be dried for up to 2 weeks in the Fiji Sun (!), before either selling in the market or being pounded and drunk in the village for the good old Talanoa session! Different parts of the root has different $ value, and gives a slightly different taste too. To get involved for future projects and for Madventurer Urban Sports & Teaching Projects in Lautoka, and still visit this amazing village for your weeks homestay, check out Madventurer offer a unique combination of award winning volunteer projects and exhilarating adventures in some of the most fascinating destinations in the world. Madventurer assist local communities in developing countries though volunteer projects, whilst enabling travellers to gain life-changing experiences through cultural integration, challenge and adventure For more info T +44 (0) 845 121 1996 E team@
- Grog and Darts Drinking Yaqona
- My Peace Corps Fiji Experience I drink some Kava and talk about my second-favorite drink. I first started drinking this in 1995, and I have never been without my Yaqona (Yahn-go-nah)! Enjoy!
- YAQONA KVT
twitter about yaqona
- nemani_nadolo: Was hoping to have early night until this falla rocks up.. dunlop7 jus a baby mix #yaqona #kava #viri #reco http://t.co/JLTatRFi
- MitaTalei: Coming home from a party & they having their own yaqona party at home. Time to sit & vatini -_- http://t.co/z4jCqKp5
- vahavu: @RoyceKalou Vale ni yaqona meu curu, meu dabe sobu meu gunu ;) #brownlabel
- nemani_nadolo: @plainsyazwan set brus ill dm my digit web I get in.. Vacava yaqona?
- flashyteatz: aule!! sa gaga dina na yaqona qo!!!! #gettingdoped
- vahavu: Vale ni yaqona meu curu #np #vude lmao
- Lewa01: @TakiMaiFiji segai na encourage LOL! they abuse yaqona like its no ones bisinisi. Thus the limit amount. Its high commodity in that region:)
- _SNawai: @rbkaaa hahahah seehhh, same to you cuz good seeing yah & those moves you gotta show me. VALE NI YAQONA MEU CURU hahaha
- KiwiDiva: That moment wen u go to Zumba just so u can go pig out at the Fiji Day party. #teamfiji #kaiviti #roti #kava #yaqona #Bula
Blogs & Forum
blogs and forums about yaqona
— Messages, lyris.spc.int
“Yaqona is Fiji's national drink made from the powdered root of the pepper tree. Pacific | Tags: kava, tanoa, yaqona. You can follow any responses”
— Sea Goddess Virtual Tours " Blog Archive " Day 11: Local Brew,
“Aloha! It was interesting to read a recent news report in the Fiji Daily Post on a research study proclaiming Fijian women consume more kava than men. This”
— Life in Balance | Makaira's Kava Kava Blog,
“Tribewanted is a unique community tourism project that is simultaneously based on Vorovoro Island, Fiji and online. Home Adam Carter's blog. By Atama, NSW, Australia Posted 06 Jan 2008. When visiting a village it is customary to present a gift of yaqona, which is also known as kava. The gift, called a "”
— Tribewanted: 'Fijian Village Etiquette' by Adam Carter,
“We have heard so much about this topic .one may ask as to why should we do away with something that is considered a traditional beverage!!! I mean what is a function (Traditional Fijian) without the brown or black blow circulating!!!! I”
— SHOULD GROG BE BANNED?? - Matavuvale Network,
“Conversations with a Fijian Yaqona drinker:”
— Conversations with a Fijian Yaqona drinker - The Corroboree, shaman-
“This post is just in from Paul Yaqona, one of our Pacific representatives in Poznan. This post is from Paul Yaqona, one of our Pacific representatives in Poznan. The Poznan”
— Greenpeace Australia Pacific " Poznan, .au